Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,296 members, 7,853,375 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:28 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (591688 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 9:56am On Jun 25, 2013
My gud pple, wads really hapening? Seems dt mani of us who submited in April hav nt gotten ani response 4rm cdhc. Cld dis b as a result of d strike? Today marks ma 8th wks of submiting...realy d waitin is nt funny o...# must continue to pop ma rozay as usual# pls peeps no one shld gt BP because of dis visa waka!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by fiz1: 9:59am On Jun 25, 2013
Hello guys,

I submitted April 9
My application was denied yesterday for inadequate financial resources... had over $40k combined in the two accounts I submitted.

I would like to re-apply, Do you have any advice for me on the way forward?

Do ppl buy accounts for their application? Cos I dunno what these ppl really want

UOttawa: PG
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:20am On Jun 25, 2013
fiz1: Hello guys,

I submitted April 9
My application was denied yesterday for inadequate financial resources... had over $40k combined in the two accounts I submitted.

Do ppl buy accounts for their application? Cos I dunno what these ppl really want

Tis a pity bro...I like ur spirit.
1stly,I'll advise. Get a deferral from the school for a winter session starting.

2ndly, who is ur sponsor

3rdly,was there a good cash flow in the account or just an overnight deposit of a lump sum into the ac?

Pls,answer as these will give us the idea of knowing how to advise you...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:20am On Jun 25, 2013

I submitted April 9

Am sorry about the denial.
Let's see d docx you submitted....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by accra2005: 10:23am On Jun 25, 2013

I submitted April 9

Sorry for that. pls, are you self sponsor ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by fiz1: 10:29am On Jun 25, 2013
Onye oma:

Tis a pity bro...I like ur spirit.
1stly,I'll advise. Get a deferral from the school for a winter session starting.

2ndly, who is ur sponsor

3rdly,was there a good cash flow in the account or just an overnight deposit of a lump sum into the ac?

Pls,answer as these will give us the idea of knowing how to advise you...

Sponsor: I used my 2 siblings. They used their salary accounts..good cashflow, no overnight deposit..there was letter from their employers quoting their annual pay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:33am On Jun 25, 2013
fiz1:

Sponsor: I used my 2 siblings. They used their salary accounts..good cashflow, no overnight deposit..there was letter from their employers quoting their annual pay.

Did u include an affidavit of support?
How much is your tuition n accommodation for a year?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by fiz1: 10:34am On Jun 25, 2013
dommakavelli:

Am sorry about the denial.
Let's see d docx you submitted....

I submitted online and I attached all the required documents

Scan of international passport
Scan of certificates
Admission letter
Letter from school quoting expense breakdown (tution 12k, accomodation 6k, others 6k) for a year

Sponsor:
Letter of sponsorship
Letter from sponsors' employer
Sponsors bank statement

I just need to know what I should do differently when I am re-applying
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by fiz1: 10:36am On Jun 25, 2013
dommakavelli:

Did u include an affidavit of support?
How much is your tuition n accommodation for a year?

Total expense for a year is $25k
I even got a letter from UOttawa showing the estimated expense breakdown and I attached it to my application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:36am On Jun 25, 2013
fiz1:

Tis surprising then...ßuђ can you list the complete documents you submitted.

I'm also heading for a PG @ the same destination...which course are you going for??

You must make it this time around...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:40am On Jun 25, 2013
Onye oma:

Tis surprising then...ßuђ can you list the complete documents you submitted.

I'm also heading for a PG @ the same destination...which course are you going for??

You must make it this time around...

Attach a notarized affidavit of support for ur 2 sponsors this time around (cos if they already have their families,ur no longer their primary responsibilty and the VOs will like to be sure that they're committed to sponsor you. Thus, the affidavit of support)...and if possible,add a lil maggi and spice to the acc balance...I feel you'll be good to go...

In addition,if a landed property is available, attach it to your application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:47am On Jun 25, 2013
Onye oma:

Attach a notarized affidavit of support for ur 2 sponsors this time around...and if possible,add a lil maggi and spice to the acc balance...I feel you'll be good to go...

In addition, state each sponsor's responsibilities in d affidavit.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamteekaygal(f): 10:48am On Jun 25, 2013
koolmd:

It was a long story...I first applied in Mid Feb.(Paper application), I got a rejection in early April with the reason that my purpose of stay was not clear whereas I chose tourism in the application.

I re-applied on-line towards mid April this time I wrote a cover note on my purpose of visit and what I will be doing during the vacation and in exactly 20 days I got a notification in my CIC account to go with my passport to the embassy. That was all....

As per the list of docs I scanned and submitted..it was a laundry list oooo.

Paystubs, past travel visas, entry/exit stamps, past vacation pictures, Land docs, pension statements, bank statements, hotel booking, flight booking, letter from office, my travel itinerary, previous introductory letters from my coy. to other embassies on my past trips, boarding passes for previous trips mostly to parts of Europe....that's all I can remember ooooo.

I was given a 6 Month visa. Wish you luck ooo!

Thank you soooooo much, this information is more than enough. I intend applying with my hubby and 1year old baby for tourism visa, I'll provide details of where I'll be visiting too. Aldou I don't have travel experience except a 1 month france visa the 3 of us got in february which we didn't use due to emergency that came up. But My hubby is a frequent traveller to the UK since 2005 and has a valid 5years visa. Pls like how much was your account balance when you submitted? Thanks for your relpy I really appreciate!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by fiz1: 10:54am On Jun 25, 2013
Onye oma:

Attach a notarized affidavit of support for ur 2 sponsors this time around (cos if they already have their families,ur no longer their primary responsibilty and the VOs will like to be sure that they're committed to sponsor you. Thus, the affidavit of support)...and if possible,add a lil maggi and spice to the acc balance...I feel you'll be good to go...

Okay, thanks a lot for the information.

But do these people accept non-family sponsor?
I'm considering one family member and one non-family sponsor (that might have a fatter account balance) for my reapplication.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by fiz1: 10:55am On Jun 25, 2013
dommakavelli:

In addition, state each sponsor's responsibilities in d affidavit.

Okay, thank you, I would work on the affidavit.

Them gats gimme this visa ohh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by fiz1: 10:55am On Jun 25, 2013
Onye oma:

Course is Engineering Management
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamteekaygal(f): 11:07am On Jun 25, 2013
oluwashegunfunm: hello house is this thread only for students visa applicants? please where is the visiting canada section?

There is actually no thread for visiting visa, but feel free to ask your questions here too. The guru's in the house and others that has successfully secured the visa may come to your aid
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 11:18am On Jun 25, 2013
fiz1:

Okay, thanks a lot for the information.

But do these people accept non-family sponsor?
I'm considering one family member and one non-family sponsor (that might have a fatter account balance) for my reapplication.

If you repackage ur application using ur 2 siblings (by adding the affidavit of support,landed document if available,and some change on top),I think you're very ok.
You can also add the 3rd person that is not your family member, and state his role in ur intended study( you might say he takes care of ur travelling expenses and other needs).
While ur brothers take care of the major ones (tuition and board ie accommodation and feeding)
But never remove any of ur family member for an outsider.

I wish you all the best...hopefully we'll leave Naija together by december Insha Allah...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:20am On Jun 25, 2013
The question is, hw much is in ur sponsor's a/c?, how many dependents?, hw much do they earn annually?..who is the major sponsor?, who is the co-sponsor?...i dnt want to go into d issue of lump sum, i tink d onus is wt d holder of d a/c, i dnt tink cdhc av issues with dat as long as ur source of income is genuine and d cash flow is reasonable.

The affídavit is just an addendum, and not d reason 4 ur denial...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 11:25am On Jun 25, 2013
smile13: Pls, kindly add me to the list. Submitted June 21. Thank you.

Online or at VAC? Which program/ institution?

Welcome on board.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 11:32am On Jun 25, 2013
earthgreeners: The question is, hw much is in ur sponsor's a/c?, how many dependents?, hw much do they earn annually?..who is the major sponsor?, who is the co-sponsor?...i dnt want to go into d issue of lump sum, i tink d onus is wt d holder of d a/c, i dnt tink cdhc av issues with dat as long as ur source of income is genuine and d cash flow is reasonable.

The affídavit is just an addendum, and not d reason 4 ur denial...

My oga Earthgreeners,

I concur with you in all you said ßuђ CDHC has once refused someone I know a TRV cos of an overnight deposit of lump sum despite the fact that there was a cash flow.

For instance,an account that has never tasted and smelt up to 2million transaction/inflow at a stretch,and all of sudden,gets an inflow of abt 5m and above like a day or 2 to the printing of the account statement (without a proper clarification of the source of income)will definitely raise an eyebrow.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 11:35am On Jun 25, 2013
LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (Fall 2013)

1) accra2005: April 2
2) Kunle-akogun: April 4
3) Ceo mr cash: April 25
4) dommakavelli: May 2
5) luckydon: May 2
6) nuendo: May 2
7) galala123: May 7
8 ) azeezwl: May 8
9) Pwunmi: May 10
10) Imadebaby
11) vooz : May 23
12) tebenezer80: May 28
13) freshdude: May 30
14) ancient1: June 4
15) Aduke02: June 8
16) earthgreeners: June 11
17) efosa12345: June 13
18) smile13: June 21
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by koolmd: 11:36am On Jun 25, 2013
iamteekaygal:

Thank you soooooo much, this information is more than enough. I intend applying with my hubby and 1year old baby for tourism visa, I'll provide details of where I'll be visiting too. Aldou I don't have travel experience except a 1 month france visa the 3 of us got in february which we didn't use due to emergency that came up. But My hubby is a frequent traveller to the UK since 2005 and has a valid 5years visa. Pls like how much was your account balance when you submitted? Thanks for your relpy I really appreciate!

Btw 3-3.5M in 2 accts
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:48am On Jun 25, 2013
Onye oma:

My oga Earthgreeners,

I concur with you in all you said ßuђ CDHC has once refused someone I know a TRV cos of an overnight deposit of lump sum despite the fact that there was a cash flow.

For instance,an account that has never tasted and smelt up to 2million transaction/inflow at a stretch,and all of sudden,gets an inflow of abt 5m and above like a day or 2 to the printing of the account statement (without a proper clarification of the source of income)will definitely raise an eyebrow.
i agree. In d case u stated. The cash flow is unreasonable.
Consider d case in wc d person witin 6month hád a deposit of 2m, 1m, 5m, and prior to submission his balance was abt 3m, and he gat a deposit of 3m. Making it 6m. Se dat one sef na lump sum?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamteekaygal(f): 12:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
koolmd:

Btw 3-3.5M in 2 accts

Thanks a lot. Do have a safe trip. And I heard KLM is one of the best when flying to canada, so you can give it a try.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
galala123:

Still waiting to hear from CDHC. What is your program of choice at SMU? I submitted on the 7th of May through VAC.

@galala123, i am going for MSc Finance. I submitted to CDHC MArch 21st, gone for medicals and submitted my passport back and other requirments on the 11th of June, waiting for final decision.

They asked me to pay one year tuition and boarding which i have done.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2013
dotman:

@galala123, i am going for MSc Finance. I submitted to CDHC MArch 21st, gone for medicals and submitted my passport back and other requirments on the 11th of June, waiting for final decision.

They asked me to pay one year tuition and boarding which i have done.

Congrats. Is it a 2 year program? Mine is 16 months @ $25,000. How much did they tell you to pay?

Lastly, how did you handle accommodation?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
earthgreeners:
i agree. In d case u stated. The cash flow is unreasonable.
Consider d case in wc d person witin 6month hád a deposit of 2m, 1m, 5m, and prior to submission his balance was abt 3m, and he gat a deposit of 3m. Making it 6m. Se dat one sef na lump sum?

To the best of my knowledge,its very ok cos its within range considering the amount that has been transacted on the account...its realistic...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Jboy95: 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
Hello house,
I just got back from the embassy,and i was informed they no longer issue letter of introduction/study permit letter(cos i didnt get any email notification).i argued with the lady for a while over the phone (i was called from inside) that it will be presented at the port of entry, but she insisted it will be given there, so they dont issue it again.Pls how true is this?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 1:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
Thanks my oga. Online. PG Chemical and Petroleum Engineering. University of Calgary.

galala123:

Online or at VAC? Which program/ institution?

Welcome on board.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 1:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
Jboy95: Hello house,
I just got back from the embassy,and i was informed they no longer issue letter of introduction/study permit letter(cos i didnt get any email notification).i argued with the lady for a while over the phone (i was called from inside) that it will be presented at the port of entry, but she insisted it will be given there, so they dont issue it again.Pls how true is this?

See me see trouble! You have your visa right? Don't fret. just make sure you have supporting docs on you when you meet immigration officials upon arrival at Canada (just as you will be ready/ prepared for US visa interview). Don't let the information you receive informally on this forum make you panick without just cause.

A lot of us are praying to get to the point where you stand now!!! Lastly, why not wait to see what the next TRV awardee receives? Don't make them cancel or tear off your TRV from your passport oh!! Those guys dey kolo often times and you will have yourself to blame for over sabi eventually oh!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 1:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
galala123:

Congrats. Is it a 2 year program? Mine is 16 months @ $25,000. How much did they tell you to pay?

Lastly, how did you handle accommodation?

Its a one year program, so i just decided to pay for school hostel. I have paid over $30k sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.