Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589498 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xreakz(m): 12:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
Hello People, a friend of mine just got a job in Canada and has to relocate. Please he needs to know the kind of visa to apply for and how long it would take.

Thanks and God Bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bibiazim1: 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2013
GboyegaD:

I feel you already know what you want in mind as such, you are selective in your reading. I wish you the very best of all your undertakings in life and I pray God grant the desires of your heart and establish your thoughts.
Bless you my brother, thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 12:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
Huzzie: @Medical hopefuls...Lucky don,galala123,Bunfem,onuawuchi et al,God's willing you would get your medical call today.
AMEN....They are really showing us who's boss. But God is stronger than they are and that is my confidence.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 1:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
xreakz: Hello People, a friend of mine just got a job in Canada and has to relocate. Please he needs to know the kind of visa to apply for and how long it would take.

Thanks and God Bless.

Check with your friend well to make sure it is not fake or scam . . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
xreakz: Hello People, a friend of mine just got a job in Canada and has to relocate. Please he needs to know the kind of visa to apply for and how long it would take.

Thanks and God Bless.

Inquire from your friend if s/he has an Labour Market Opinion(LMO) from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada(HRSDC).....That is principal! Advice can be offered afterwards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
solomonwis:

Inquire from your friend if s/he has an LMO from HRSDC.....That is principal! Advice can be offered afterwards.

Break it down for the chap . . . dont mess up his head with all Canadian immigration lingo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by solomonwis(m): 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Break it down for the chap . . . dont mess up his head with all Canadian immigration lingo

grin

That was intentional...I expected the guy to know those terminologies! To my mind, it was meant to know if the job is genuine or not by using the abbreviation that s/he ought to be familiar with.

I have modified my post though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
solomonwis:

grin

That was intentional...I expected the guy to know those terminologies! To my mind, it was meant to know if the job is genuine or not by using the abbreviation that s/he ought to be familiar with.

I have modified my post though.

I thought as much . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by HotKween: 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
I want to thank everyone here that has contributed to making this thread so informative.
I have never travelled before and just made my international passport today.
I graduated with a 2.1 in Economics from Igbinedion University and want to pursue a Masters degree in Canada.
I have few questions I will appreciate sincere and comprehensive answers to.
1. What is the average tuition for a Masters programme in Economics or Human resources in Canada?
I will appreciate universities with fairly low tuition fees and recognizable masters degree.
2. What are the likely challenges I may face with the visa application?
3. What is the minimum budget that can cover all expenses i.e tuition, accommodation, personal up keep for total duration of study?
4. What is the average duration of a masters degree in Canada?
5. Please I need 3-4 names of schools with very reasonable tuition fees for a masters programme in Economics or Human Resources.
6. When is the next academic season beginning for a masters degree programme and when can I start processing my application?

To all those who have been helpful to others I sincerely hope answers can be provided for me to assist me make an informed decision.
Thanks y'all in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2013
clow: Please people need your help once more I intend going to canny nxt year january for a Pgd,I hope to submit my application middle of this month I already have my admmission,question is can I just do my medicals and submit it along with my documents for application what do u guyz think.
Please I need ur opinions.
And please how much does medicals cost? And what are the approved clinics to do so.
Thanks.
you can only submit ur application bro and patiently! patiently!! patiently!!! Wait for up to 1-3months or more to be given ur medical instructions....dats more reason y dis forum is alive till date cuz folks here stick to each oda from start of visa app till the finish..more or less like bigbrother africa were folks get evicted from the list once visa is issued...GREAT FAMILY

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nikiihardehx(f): 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
Pls want to know if I can get some list of colleges that aren't too expensive in canada, undergraduate science courses like pharmacy/pharmacology,or other science courses, for sept/oct or jan 2014 intake.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2013
snugle:

1. To notorize a document, go with the originals and a copy to the Federal High Court and ask where you can get it done. It shouldnt cost more that N300 per page. I had my documents done at the high court in Ikoyi.

2. The Police Character Certificate can be gotten from the SCID head quaters in Alagbon, Lagos. It costs between N3000 - N5000 and takes roughly 3hours for collection. When going, please carry along your international passport and 2 passport photographs.

3. The requirements for getting the birth cert from NPC:
Affidavit from high court(photocopy and original), passport photographs, means of identification, either copy of international passport,drivers license or national I.D. Owners name;Date of birth: Place of birth,Local govt of birth:
and Parents Name, Town, LGA, State of Origin.
@Snugle did you have any contact in High court or Law firm becos i was told is 2k per page. Where did you do your own or who has done it for. 300 naira or less.please we will need contacts here oo. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
onuawuchi: AMEN....They are really showing us who's boss. But God is stronger than they are and that is my confidence.

You have a mail....please check your inbox.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xreakz(m): 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Check with your friend well to make sure it is not fake or scam . . . .

It is the real deal. He has his LMO and an appointment letter. His job falls under section 2174/2175 under the NOC classification.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
Aduke02: I just came back from CDHC. After submitting my passport and the passport demand letter, i was asked to wait. 2 hrs later, i was asked to come inside the embassy and on getting there, i was given my stamped passport. I give all the glory to God and use my story as a point of contact for as many people trusting God for their medicals and TRV, God that did mine will also perfect your stories IJN.
Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
kjbobo: I have been called for medicals.

Checked my mail just now
Applied 7th of May....
Let God alone take the praise!
congrats

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
xreakz:

It is the real deal. He has his LMO and an appointment letter. His job falls under section 2174/2175 under the NOC classification.

Ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xreakz(m): 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Ok

Oga Fhemmmy, what should his next step be?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efosa12345(m): 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nice meeting u @earthgreeners, u are indeed wonderful and calm. I had a great day with u and other members of the house. lovely people.@wuralulu I quiet appreciate what u bought for me.
earthgreeners: Had a great time with wonderful members of this forum.... Nice meeting you guys.....
@burningflamz, efosa12345, wuralulu, baylow and dat lovely chic... all the best
@domakavelli, cant wait to meet ya bro... whatz up with the accommodation tin?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
HotKween: I want to thank everyone here that has contributed to making this thread so informative.
I have never travelled before and just made my international passport today.
I graduated with a 2.1 in Economics from Igbinedion University and want to pursue a Masters degree in Canada.
I have few questions I will appreciate sincere and comprehensive answers to.
1. What is the average tuition for a Masters programme in Economics or Human resources in Canada?
I will appreciate universities with fairly low tuition fees and recognizable masters degree.
2. What are the likely challenges I may face with the visa application?
3. What is the minimum budget that can cover all expenses i.e tuition, accommodation, personal up keep for total duration of study?
4. What is the average duration of a masters degree in Canada?
5. Please I need 3-4 names of schools with very reasonable tuition fees for a masters programme in Economics or Human Resources.
6. When is the next academic season beginning for a masters degree programme and when can I start processing my application?

To all those who have been helpful to others I sincerely hope answers can be provided for me to assist me make an informed decision.
Thanks y'all in advance.
welcome onboard ma...2.1 is a gud grade to start ur masters with...my ogas mite nt want to respond to this ur long list of questions cuz most has already bin treated in previous pages....will ease u d pain anyway....to answer ur questns...(1) Average tuition for masters in canada for economics/human resource shuld b btw $10k - $14..depends on d university..u can get for less anyway..do ur research well as u can get scholarship/funding frm d sch u wana apply to...(2) with God on ur side d challenges you will face na pure water cuz na im gangan b d ogbonge visa officer so no fear!!!....(3) am nt in canada yet buh will b soon..so i cnt realli gv exact amount on hw much u will nid..jst budget $10000 for 1yr living expenses buh dat also depends on d location u'r going..xpenses in d city differ from xpenses in a small town area so consider that...(4)average duration for masters is 1yr buh dat really depends,some schs duration is also 2yrs,duration also depends if you'r going for a course base masters degree or research base masters degree.....(5)you can check out these schs university of ottawa,university of manitoba,memorial university of newfoundland popularly knwn as MUN,university of saskachuwan dnt knw if i get the saskachuwan spelling rite,carleton university,do research for more....(6) academic session available for ur exploration is d january(winter) session..but due to d 4-6month visa processing time i would advice u start d whole process rite away so dat u can meet up wit d jan resumptn date...so pls start wit the process of gaining admision 1st b4 u start ur visa application...hope u av ur transcript ready
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bibiazim1: 2:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
seunlovesa:

@bibiazm: go to Neco office in Lagos and tell them that they should send a verification of ur neco result to brandon univeristy......... also send a neco scratch card to their admisssions office.. That is what brandon wants to see. ur original verification from NECO office. When i applied to brandon, i went to WAEC office and tell them to send my verification..... i also sent my scratch card........guess what? brandon sent my adn=mission letter a week after

@seunlovesa thanks, how long did the certificate take to get there?, im trying to see if i can get NECO to EMS it to canada, do you have any idea about that? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
bibiazim1:
@seunlovesa thanks, how long did the certificate take to get there?, im trying to see if i can get NECO to EMS it to canada, do you have any idea about that? Thanks

depends on the service u choose.......... better u use FEDEX of EMS. NECO processes it in a matter of days.....say 5 to 7
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ejydykemorgan: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
how can i apply for provincial nominee program in canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bibiazim1: 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
seunlovesa:

depends on the service u choose.......... better u use FEDEX of EMS. NECO processes it in a matter of days.....say 5 to 7
Fedex of EMS? As in better i use Fedex than EMS? Or EMS runs Fedex? Can you please elaborate? And i heard that the transcript has to be sent from the examining body. So how do i get them to send it via courier?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2013
ejydykemorgan: how can i apply for provincial nominee program in canada
check dis different provincial nominee website (1) www.immigratemanitoba.com (2) www.albertacanada.com (3) www.welcomebc.ca (4) www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca (5) www.gov.pe.ca (6) www.ontarioimmigration.ca if u'r eligible and onces u've bin nominated you can proceed to this ultimate website www.cic.gc.ca to apply for ur Permanent residence visa...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
bibiazim1:
Fedex of EMS? As in better i use Fedex than EMS? Or EMS runs Fedex? Can you please elaborate? And i heard that the transcript has to be sent from the examining body. So how do i get them to send it via courier?

i meant fedex or EMS........ nothing like fedex of ems. na typo error...... just go to NECO office with a copy of ur NECO result or satement of result. fill the required form. u will then be asked whether they shud send the verification by regular mail, ems or fedex. thats all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bibiazim1: 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
seunlovesa:

i meant fedex or EMS........ nothing like fedex of ems. na typo error...... just go to NECO office with a copy of ur NECO result or satement of result. fill the required form. u will then be asked whether they shud send the verification by regular mail, ems or fedex. thats all
Thanks seunlovesa,and congratulations. hope we meet in BU
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by omoondo: 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
Huzzie: TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
1. Huzzie PG Centennial JULY 16 Paper route
2. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
3. Teexzle PG Lambton
4. Chrigo PG Lambton
5. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
6. Janut PG UoRegina
7. Humanshado PG UBC
8. Meyson UG UoRegina
9. Kicon PG centennial college
10. Teapea UG MUN
11. Cherokee ? Concordia/Dalhouise/UoRegina
12. Gwobo PG UoManitoba/UoSask/UoRegina
13. Ugoh11 PG Uocalgary/MUN
14. EMEKS86 UG UNB
15. Richard4ssky PG GeorgeBrown
16. Soweto ?
17. Tolyem Dip Keyano/Mohawk Collg
18. seunlovesa UG Brandon uni
19. Addey101 UG Dalhousie
20. Joe batters PG Fanshawe College
21.Omo Ondo PG Niagara College
N.B- If you are a prospective student for winter admission please indicate, you would have to provide your intended level and university/college.
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by yomisley: 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
did you do the medical pls tell me how much it cost and also i want you to guide me am just filling my application for trv. fresh application . abeg nairalander.
2_precious: Lemme open part 4 with good news. I just got my trv today. Trv awaitee, expect the best this week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by anabor: 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
Good day all, my admission in Mohawk College is supposed to start September 4th and i'm yet to be called for medicals by the embassy, despite the fact that I submitted my application second week in April. Please do you guys think I still stand a chance?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
anabor: Good day all, my admission in Mohawk College is supposed to start September 4th and i'm yet to be called for medicals by the embassy, despite the fact that I submitted my application second week in April. Please do you guys think I still stand a chance?

i will advice U to go and knock their gate at the embassy asap, they should let U know whats up... 2nd week in april is a long time biko

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.