Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,121 members, 7,953,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:46 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (603050 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 8:05pm On Aug 07, 2013
anabor: Good day all, my admission in Mohawk College is supposed to start September 4th and i'm yet to be called for medicals by the embassy, despite the fact that I submitted my application second week in April. Please do you guys think I still stand a chance?

Inasmuch as i am tempted to say it is gonna be hard to get called up for medicals and still be able to get your visa before the resumption date, i am careful with what i say cos anything is possible . . . If you go to their office, you MIGHT be told that they are still within the 4 months, which they are.
However, if you have the time to go and check on them politely, please do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
1. Huzzie PG Centennial JULY 16 Paper route
2. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
3. Teexzle PG Lambton
4. Chrigo PG Lambton
5. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
6. Janut PG UoRegina
7. Humanshado PG UBC
8. Meyson UG UoRegina
9. Kicon PG centennial college
10. Teapea UG MUN
11. Cherokee ? Concordia/Dalhouise/UoRegina
12. Gwobo PG UoManitoba/UoSask/UoRegina
13. Ugoh11 PG Uocalgary/MUN
14. EMEKS86 UG UNB
15. Richard4ssky PG GeorgeBrown
16. Soweto ?
17. Tolyem Dip Keyano/Mohawk Collg
18. seunlovesa UG Brandon uni
19. Addey101 UG Dalhousie
20. Joe batters PG Fanshawe College
21.Omo Ondo PG Niagara College

N.B- If you are a prospective student for winter admission please indicate, you would have to provide your intended level and university/college.
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
Shadams:

Thanks. Glad you find it useful. Kindly check your mail, boss! Best of luck.
I wouldn't mind a copy too sir..teexzle@gmail.com thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Karioska(m): 9:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
Good day all
Canada gave me a 2yrs visa. Please is it possible to convert it to study visa once I get to canada and what are the implications. Also is It possible to apply for canada study visa from USA? Or I have to go back to naija.
My good people I need your contributions.
Thanks and appreciates.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by yungsage100: 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
HotKween: I want to thank everyone here that has contributed to making this thread so informative.
I have never travelled before and just made my international passport today.
I graduated with a 2.1 in Economics from Igbinedion University and want to pursue a Masters degree in Canada.
I have few questions I will appreciate sincere and comprehensive answers to.
1. What is the average tuition for a Masters programme in Economics or Human resources in Canada?
I will appreciate universities with fairly low tuition fees and recognizable masters degree.
2. What are the likely challenges I may face with the visa application?
3. What is the minimum budget that can cover all expenses i.e tuition, accommodation, personal up keep for total duration of study?
4. What is the average duration of a masters degree in Canada?
5. Please I need 3-4 names of schools with very reasonable tuition fees for a masters programme in Economics or Human Resources.
6. When is the next academic season beginning for a masters degree programme and when can I start processing my application?

To all those who have been helpful to others I sincerely hope answers can be provided for me to assist me make an informed decision.
Thanks y'all in advance.

For Human Resources check Queens University kingston, Ontario
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Maximip(m): 10:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
anabor: Good day all, my admission in Mohawk College is supposed to start September 4th and i'm yet to be called for medicals by the embassy, despite the fact that I submitted my application second week in April. Please do you guys think I still stand a chance?

I think you should contact them ASAP as advised.

Nothing is impossible. If you get called for medicals this week or next, you still have 3-4 weeks for the results
and getting your TRV which is ok.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:52pm On Aug 07, 2013
.... I hope u check ur spam mails well ... and I pray u didnt write the wrong email address.... just guessing ni ooo.... cos at times... a letter might be wrong.... but in all... go kick (fi pa yo lekun) their gate down and demand answers ASAP...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 11:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
Siga: .... I hope u check ur spam mails well ... and I pray u didnt write the wrong email address.... just guessing ni ooo.... cos at times... a letter might be wrong.... but in all... go kick (fi pa yo lekun) their gate down and demand answers ASAP...

True that prof Siga on the wrong email shi... If guys here could remember I tracked my status and it changed but didn't get a mail from CDHC. After getting the medical instructions frm VFS, of course I had no medical form. I had to go knock them door for embassy. Them con print the form for me. Yours truly, CDHC copied my email address wrongly. The email address in my medical form was wrong. They put "1" in place of "l" in a part of my email address. The sad part was that, I got to know when I got home. I have since mailed them concerning it, but they didn't even reply me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 12:12am On Aug 08, 2013
ChriGo: any 1 heading to or already in carleton university...my wifey wants to apply there...plz wats d funding option..she's got 4.0 cgpa...very urgent plzzz..@ogas in da house plz respond..
Also interestd in ds ?..hw com u n ur wifey wants to go to canny on differently..abi u na neva legalize am ni
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 12:13am On Aug 08, 2013
ChriGo: any 1 heading to or already in carleton university...my wifey wants to apply there...plz wats d funding option..she's got 4.0 cgpa...very urgent plzzz..@ogas in da house plz respond..
Also interestd in ds ?..hw com u n ur wifey wants to go to canny on different study permit..abi u na neva legalize am ni..lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bibiazim1: 12:23am On Aug 08, 2013
Im in awe of all the people taking out a good part of their time to help out. I realise we are all learning, but on behalf of the learning learners like me, i say THANK YOU, everybody included.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bibiazim1: 12:36am On Aug 08, 2013
I was wondering, wouldnt it be helpful for house members to include dates they applied for a particular process and then the day the application got completed. E.g. I applied to u of m on june 16, i got my admission letter on the 1st of july or/then,i did my medical on so so date, and it got approved at so and so date, i submitted my application to cdhc on July 25th, Thank God i got my trv by July 26 grin[color=#006600][/color] . Please that sort of thing people, so that veteran houseys and noobies can get an idea of waiting and processing times. It can look like the list of medical hopefuls. My last 2 cents, now im broke. Thanks people.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 2:16am On Aug 08, 2013
@all
please anyone heading to canada this fall that gotten moderate price flight ticket should notify me. the prices i am seeing on wakanow is freaking expensive.I am looking at about two hundred and something or three.
To all the medical and TRV awaitees,you will surely get there.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SirP1: 5:16am On Aug 08, 2013
bullstriker: @all
please anyone heading to canada this fall that gotten moderate price flight ticket should notify me. the prices i am seeing on wakanow is freaking expensive.I am looking at about two hundred and something or three.

To be honest bro , that's about as good as its gonna get , infact some airlines are sold out of economy seats for august eg emirates , so if you'll buy , buy fast . And also guys if you're looking for seats don't focus only on economy , sometimes there are promo sales on business class seats and you'd be surprised the difference in price between business and economy aint that much .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 6:14am On Aug 08, 2013
Sir P!:

To be honest bro , that's about as good as its gonna get , infact some airlines are sold out of economy seats for august eg emirates , so if you'll buy , buy fast . And also guys if you're looking for seats don't focus only on economy , sometimes there are promo sales on business class seats and you'd be surprised the difference in price between business and economy aint that much .

@All. Good morning. I got my medical instructions from VAC yesterday. I have been asked to proceed to medicals indeed. HOWEVER, the pack also contains an instruction asking me to submit within 30 days "explanatory notes" on my plans for funding in my subsequent years, since the funding letter I submitted covers only first year. It is a Graduate Teaching Fellowship whose subsequent renewal is based on satisfactory performance in my first year. Is there a cause for panic? What do I do? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:17am On Aug 08, 2013
teexzle:
Also interestd in ds ?..hw com u n ur wifey wants to go to canny on different study permit..abi u na neva legalize am ni..lol
lol...we go legalize am as soon as dem grant us visa...ar u also headin 2 carleton If yes, How far av u gone wit it?....seems no 1 here has gotten admission 2 carleton...na wa ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:27am On Aug 08, 2013
yes u still stand a chance....dis week is ur week by fire by thunder...hang in dere and c wat dis week holds...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:39am On Aug 08, 2013
Karioska: Good day all
Canada gave me a 2yrs visa. Please is it possible to convert it to study visa once I get to canada and what are the implications. Also is It possible to apply for canada study visa from USA? Or I have to go back to naija.
Thanks and appreciates.
bros you can't convert a visit visa to a study visa...u gas cum join us here 4 naija 2 apply for ur study visa oo grin ...u can't also apply with a usa visit visa from usa to apply for canada study visa...if dat 1 dy ni den y go 2 d usa?? Y nt go 2 ghana nle nle beyen to apply cuz d processin time dere short pass 2shortz...in 1 word 'NO'....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:08am On Aug 08, 2013
bullstriker: @all
amen!!!...i pray we all get 2 dis stage wereby d only tin we worry abt is flight! flight!!! flight!!! palava...God pass dem

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 8:23am On Aug 08, 2013
cdhc don dey change parade oh.......which one be explanatory notes....lol
Shadams:

@All. Good morning. I got my medical instructions from VAC yesterday. I have been asked to proceed to medicals indeed. HOWEVER, the pack also contains an instruction asking me to submit within 30 days "explanatory notes" on my plans for funding in my subsequent years, since the funding letter I submitted covers only first year. It is a Graduate Teaching Fellowship whose subsequent renewal is based on satisfactory performance in my first year. Is there a cause for panic? What do I do? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 8:49am On Aug 08, 2013
Shadams:

Shadams, , Congrats once again, I believe there is no cause for concern.I was not able to pick up my passport and I got a message in my mail for "further" instructions too" so I am anticipating something like that too.
I got funding too but my friend also got last month but was not told to do any explanation so lets see what he did and maybe you or we didn't do.
1. Did you submit any sponsor's account in addition?
2.My funding was $26,400 for the first year and subject to renewal upon satisfactory academic perfomance.However,
I submitted my statement that had around 1.1m while my sponsor had around 2.7m.
3 So If you did not submit any other statement apart from your award letter? Then I check my passport on Monday and I ain't asked then we can know from there that a Sponsor's statement and your's ,in addition to a strong "statement of Intent" explaining while you will want to continue the strong academic performance that fetched you this scholarship so If there were no transcripts or awards in school before you can add!.Shadams, I think I am loving this..cos I have been looking for a way to write to these guys letting them know we are Nigerians agreed! but we are also people of 'purpose' and as much as we are "pleading" for VISA but also to add value to them as well!
Let me have your e-mail so we can share ideas cos I wrote a detailed e- mail like that the morning before I was called for medicals.A mail when I went back I saw that I told them "I was coming to Canada to add value to their system too and that I will be expecting their response before the end of that day...and indeed they responded!
So let's take it a positive, cos that's also a ground to let the guy you need the TRV early enough to join your mates so as to meet your desired academic targets!
As much as I will want us to continue the privately with PMs.I will want us to also put our comments here for Posterity sake and also for the gurus like Oga Siga, ,Fhemmy et al to correct any wrong notion and help others that will have such problem in the future!
By and large, no panic! We gonna get the TRV....this is just a help for us to convince them to issue earlier than expected!
I believe in scriptures:Psalm 18v43-44 is a scripture I believe will be a blessing.A line there says "Foreigners submit to me and they obey my voice". grin

So I qoute this before sending mails to them....and more often than not...they respond to my mails!
Shadams, expecting your response.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 10:02am On Aug 08, 2013
Thanks and appreciates.

I think it will be helpful to know your current status in USA to progress.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:13am On Aug 08, 2013
Thanks and appreciates.

I think unlike the US Study Visa, you can apply for the Canadian study Permit from within Canada. What are you doing in the US? If you are studying, then you are fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2013
Hi @kjbobo I sent u a pm or betta still wats ya mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 11:55am On Aug 08, 2013
kjbobo:
Yea..its a research based course....but with full funding sef....we never hear anything from CDHC!
Now u don hear *smiles* wat ur course
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2013
teexzle:
Now u don hear *smiles* wat ur course
Thanks bro....Replied your mail.
MSc Health sciences.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2013
Eid Mubaraq to my fellow forumites...May Almighty Allah ease our affairs and grant our heart desires#Medical hopefuls abeg give CDHC 1 week, afterwards storm their gate for status update,there aint time ooooo#All the best peeps, make I return to my plate of goodies;u all wlc 2 my crib. cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2013
wetin dy worri dem akagum canadian colleges sef.....i neva hear anybody talk of funding from dem...nt even $50 funding...ogah gan ooo.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2013
I am heading to the same school, same start date with you and I submitted on May 2.Guys that I applied with has all been called for meds...Could this delay be from Mohawk?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2013
Shadams:

Congrats sir....with God ur challenges na pure water....let me be the 1st to congratulate u on ur soon to cum TRV....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2013
Good afternoon house.

Please has anyone received medical instruction today?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by pyem: 5:35pm On Aug 08, 2013
Pls house, wat dose ds instruction frm embassy means. "Pls quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Deputy High Commission" .Pls kindly help me out

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.