Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587490 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:08am On Aug 12, 2013
nicemax:

Go to the embassy, tell them u wanna withdraw your application...u will be issued with medical instruction immediately...Have faith in God and it will work out well. Cheers.
this is kinda risky....i only read of two peeps on dis forum that tried dis...1 wanted to withdraw her app 4 real but she suprisingly got medical instruction and the other also wanted to withdraw 4 real and his app was withdrawn without medical instruction...he still has dis week/nextweek to wait 4 d alakori VO's....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adonai36: 7:13am On Aug 12, 2013
Siga: ....Abi oo... I mean... must they transit through US.... abi if u no fly thru US, Canada no go give u permit... I bet u the flight sef go dey more expensive than others....

To butterss what Don Siga and others has said, US will not allow you to transit through their country except you are from US visa free countries or you hold a valid US visa. In my own case I booked American Airline flight to Toronto from London and we are to have a stopover in New york,but I was not allow to board in Heathrow Airport in London, I had to rebook/reroute my ticket to a direct flight to Toronto via British Airways.

@Op I advise you to get a straight flight or try KLM or Ethiopia Airline if you want to have stopover.

Shalom
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by grock1(m): 7:22am On Aug 12, 2013
kayconsult: Please my fellow inmates, I really need your help. I submitted my application through an agent on may 31st and am yet to be called for medicals. I am beginning to get worried becos my school resumes on the 4th of September. Any body with an ideal of what might be going on ?

inmates? shocked shocked shocked abeg, if u don't know d meaning of the English word u r writing, abeg, no kuku write am....

go to the embassy and fill a form to ask about Ur application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 7:30am On Aug 12, 2013
kayconsult :

Please my fellow inmates, I really need your help. I submitted my application through an agent on may 31st and am yet to be called for medicals. I am beginning to get worried becos my school resumes on the 4th of September. Any body with an ideal of what might be going on ?

g-rock:

inmates? shocked shocked shocked abeg, if u don't know d meaning of the English word u r writing, abeg, no kuku write am....

maybe na prison of prosperity...lol
Easy oh abeg.!!! hehehehehe

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SirP1: 8:08am On Aug 12, 2013
saintmentor: hello house.....i booked EMIRATE airline scheduled to depart LAGOS to Calgary(Canada),(2 stopovers) via DUBAI and SEATTLE(USA).
please i want to know if i would be needing a TRANSIT VISA for d journey? specifically if i would be needing USA transit VISA.

THANK YOU

Bro change your booking to lagos - dxb - toronto then use a domestic flight to calgary , you definitely need entry / transit visa to pass through the us .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 8:09am On Aug 12, 2013
ChriGo: i tink fanshawe college is located in london,ontario...u shuld b able 2 get accomodation dere...check london.kijiji.ca , olx.ca , london.ontariotenants.ca ... U can also check wit d school's accomodation arrangement...av you don ur medicals If yes congrats...i tap from ur blessing grin grin grin

I want to believe ur present occupation is palmwine tapping :d U jst dey tap tap nice one tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:36am On Aug 12, 2013
g-rock:

Lol....initially wanted to ask him if he made a mistake on his URL by typing nairaland.com instead of kirikiriland.com and funi enuff d site exists...hehehe...u go search am tire...u cnt blame d dude anyway sumtimes cdhc fit make person misuse words

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:38am On Aug 12, 2013
deebla:

I want to believe ur present occupation is palmwine tapping :d U jst dey tap tap nice one tho
grin grin grin ....tank God say cdhc don settle you bro....congrats...i tap from ur blessing...grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:51am On Aug 12, 2013
I just read on ustraveldocs.com that one would need at least a transit visa (C Category) to travel through the US. Therefore, whoever who wants to travel through the US should have a visa oooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:56am On Aug 12, 2013
smile13: Bros, pls let me have your email. I tried adding you on here too. My mail is: ola_zn@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Done as requested.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:09am On Aug 12, 2013
For those travelling to Calgary International Airport (YYC), Calgary, this is a link to getting some relatively cheap ticket online http://www.bt-store.com/SearchResults/417c692ba7b4443c9308c71827f3ed92/Flights?isExcahngeMode=False# ranging from $1776 to $2359 to choose from. Should you need more clarification, please do not hesitate to revert.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:16am On Aug 12, 2013
Karioska: @ Gboyega please send me a copy of letter of intent and letter to prof. Bros I just started the process. Still looking for a prof to accept me o.

Where am I sending them to. Abi I be winch ni wey I fit use otumopo get your email address. Just drop it here or send me a pm an I will get back to you with it.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 9:21am On Aug 12, 2013
My peeps, (not inmate oo grin grin)
Please which courier Service is the best ? I want to send a documents to a school in manitoba.
Thanks guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 9:30am On Aug 12, 2013
God bless you oga GboyegaD. We go all see in Calgary by God's special grace.
GboyegaD: For those travelling to Calgary International Airport (YYC), Calgary, this is a link to getting some relatively cheap ticket online http://www.bt-store.com/SearchResults/417c692ba7b4443c9308c71827f3ed92/Flights?isExcahngeMode=False# ranging from $1776 to $2359 to choose from. Should you need more clarification, please do not hesitate to revert.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2013
Nuendo: God bless you oga GboyegaD. We go all see in Calgary by God's special grace.

Amen and everyone too.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 9:54am On Aug 12, 2013
GboyegaD:

Where am I sending them to. Abi I be winch ni wey I fit use otumopo get your email address. Just drop it here or send me a pm an I will get back to you with it.

I will also like a copy of letter to Prof. My email is: onyi.ud@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 10:02am On Aug 12, 2013
GboyegaD: For those travelling to Calgary International Airport (YYC), Calgary, this is a link to getting some relatively cheap ticket online http://www.bt-store.com/SearchResults/417c692ba7b4443c9308c71827f3ed92/Flights?isExcahngeMode=False# ranging from $1776 to $2359 to choose from. Should you need more clarification, please do not hesitate to revert.
Tanx Oga GboyegaD...I am post medicals...so will keep the link till TRV is issued..However, I will like to seek your advice on moving from Calgary to Lethbridge..by road or by air...which will you advice? And the travel time also?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 10:07am On Aug 12, 2013
And see me thinking Calgary is the craziest the journey can get ...chai, oda ppl journey still continue after calgary.....na wah oh
God dey
kjbobo:
Tanx Oga GboyegaD...I am post medicals...so will keep the link till TRV is issued..However, I will like to seek your advice on moving from Calgary to Lethbridge..by road or by air...which will you advice? And the travel time also?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:20am On Aug 12, 2013
Hmmm dis is gona b sweet!!! aroma of sum medical call...God don cook am ready 2 serve by d VO's....make we dy chop d gud news dy go....is food ready Abi house still dy fast ni...abeg me wan break my fast ooo

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2013
kjbobo:
Thanks

It really depends on you. I just checked on flightnetwork for one way ticket and the price ranges based on the date. However, here is a link to guide you and it takes about an hour:http://www.flightnetwork.com/flights/fares?client_ref=flightnetwork&currency=CAD&ac2utest=0&trip_type=0&gateway_departure=Calgary%2C+AB%2C+Canada+-+Calgary+Int%27l+%28YYC%29&gateway_dep=YYC&gateway_return=Lethbridge%2C+AB%2C+Canada+-+Lethbridge%28YQL%29&gateway_ret=YQL&dest_departure=&dest_dep=&dest_return=&dest_ret=&depart_date=08%2F29%2F2013&adult=1&child=0&infant=0&cls=0. Going by bus on the other hand will cost you between $27 and $52 depending on when you buy the ticket and it takes 2hours 30minutes. Here is also the link to guide you:https://www.greyhound.ca/farefinder/step2.aspx.
Overall, depending on if you have secured your accommodation and your passion for adventure, you should be able to pick your best option not minding the cost or time.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by toastadeola: 10:52am On Aug 12, 2013
Please help a sister with a IELTS soft copy..Thanks..forward to oteniyaphilip@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:16am On Aug 12, 2013
For those who are seeking a sample of letter to a professor / department, here is a draft to guide you:

I am writing to inquire more about admission into the **** program in ********* offered by your university.
I am a **** year old Nigerian and would love to move into your ****** program in ********** by Fall 2013.
I hold a ***** degree in ***** from ********, Nigeria at ******* level.
I would like to state that reading through your departmental webpage was a wonderful experience and an eye opener to my further studies. Your ******* areas of research fits into mine and would help build my desired career in ********. Also, your faculty profile reveals a department that houses experts in their fields of research which implies an institution where an inquisitive mind like mine will be well groomed.
I have read through some departmental and university profiles and none can compare to yours in terms of the program curriculum as it fits my expectations and, I seek clarifications on the following:
1. **********
2. **********
I would like to know my chances to be offered admission directly into this program and would also like to know the minimum / average GRE scores if required and if I would be exempted from TOEFL having had all my education taught in English Language.
Attached is a copy of my transcripts for your perusal.
As for funding, I am currently saving towards graduate school however, I have not been able to save enough and would love to know the possibility of being shortlisted for the various graduate funding available and also, the possibility of getting students loan.
Finally, what semesters does the department admit students into the **** program?

Regards,

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mikolo2008: 11:20am On Aug 12, 2013
Good day to all the gurus in the room, I need some clearifications pls. I studied Bus.Admin (2.2) applied for P.GD in Global business Mgt in Humber and I hv gotten the admission to resume in Jan'14. But still abit sceptical about humber, saw some sad reviews about the school and the program today. Should I go ahead with the visa application or just look out for something else, thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:24am On Aug 12, 2013
GboyegaD: For those who are seeking a sample of letter to a professor / department, here is a draft to guide you:

I am writing to inquire more about admission into the **** program in ********* offered by your university.
I am a **** year old Nigerian and would love to move into your ****** program in ********** by Fall 2013.
I hold a ***** degree in ***** from ********, Nigeria at ******* level.
I would like to state that reading through your departmental webpage was a wonderful experience and an eye opener to my further studies. Your ******* areas of research fits into mine and would help build my desired career in ********. Also, your faculty profile reveals a department that houses experts in their fields of research which implies an institution where an inquisitive mind like mine will be well groomed.
I have read through some departmental and university profiles and none can compare to yours in terms of the program curriculum as it fits my expectations and, I seek clarifications on the following:
1. **********
2. **********
I would like to know my chances to be offered admission directly into this program and would also like to know the minimum / average GRE scores if required and if I would be exempted from TOEFL having had all my education taught in English Language.
Attached is a copy of my transcripts for your perusal.
As for funding, I am currently saving towards graduate school however, I have not been able to save enough and would love to know the possibility of being shortlisted for the various graduate funding available and also, the possibility of getting students loan.
Finally, what semesters does the department admit students into the **** program?

Regards,

nice one broda!!!...u'r highly blessed....never d less i tap from ur blessing!!!...oga sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:30am On Aug 12, 2013
mikolo2008: Good day to all the gurus in the room, I need some clearifications pls. I studied Bus.Admin (2.2) applied for P.GD in Global business Mgt in Humber and I hv gotten the admission to resume in Jan'14. But still abit sceptical about humber, saw some sad reviews about the school and the program today. Should I go ahead with the visa application or just look out for something else, thanks.
from what guru's in d house said about humber college..its a very gud school..no fear bro!!!....d likes of oga siga can testify 2 this so bro u'r good to go grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 11:49am On Aug 12, 2013
GboyegaD:

It really depends on you. I just checked on flightnetwork for one way ticket and the price ranges based on the date. However, here is a link to guide you and it takes about an hour:http://www.flightnetwork.com/flights/fares?client_ref=flightnetwork&currency=CAD&ac2utest=0&trip_type=0&gateway_departure=Calgary%2C+AB%2C+Canada+-+Calgary+Int%27l+%28YYC%29&gateway_dep=YYC&gateway_return=Lethbridge%2C+AB%2C+Canada+-+Lethbridge%28YQL%29&gateway_ret=YQL&dest_departure=&dest_dep=&dest_return=&dest_ret=&depart_date=08%2F29%2F2013&adult=1&child=0&infant=0&cls=0. Going by bus on the other hand will cost you between $27 and $52 depending on when you buy the ticket and it takes 2hours 30minutes. Here is also the link to guide you:https://www.greyhound.ca/farefinder/step2.aspx.
Overall, depending on if you have secured your accommodation and your passion for adventure, you should be able to pick your best option not minding the cost or time.
Thanks so much sir.I will work with these links then.I am currently working on the link for off-campus accommodation put on my school's site.
Thanks so much.
GOD bless you sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Pinoralia: 11:52am On Aug 12, 2013
Hi Nairalanders,
I'm planning ahead of next year admission into one of the canadian universities for masters in Engineering. I have gone through the application procedures in the institutions of my choice. I have never processed international admission of any kind before.
Please what are the advices you have for me before sending my applications so as not make some mistake. What other factors am I to put into consideration before I proceed.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
rexxy09: Hello House,
Pls I just paid my fees as instructed by cdhc.Do I have to wait for the school to send a payment confirmation(it takes some time)? Or I can just use the zenith bank receipt of payment I used here.

Thanks yall

Rexxy, please what's the bank charges like and what mode of payment did you use? I'm thinking of using gtb debit card.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
kjbobo:
Thanks so much sir.I will work with these links then.I am currently working on the link for off-campus accommodation put on my school's site.
Thanks so much.
GOD bless you sir

Thank God and God bless you too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by seyidollar4real: 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
pls i need to talk to anyone who submitted his or her application via the online application mode. my email add is seyidollar4real@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
Pinoralia: Hi Nairalanders,
I'm planning ahead of next year admission into one of the canadian universities for masters in Engineering. I have gone through the application procedures in the institutions of my choice. I have never processed international admission of any kind before.
Please what are the advices you have for me before sending my applications so as not make some mistake. What other factors am I to put into consideration before I proceed.
Thanks

please whats d name of the institution?? So dat guys dat applied dere would advise u on what to do.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.