Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587402 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:14am On Aug 26, 2013
kjbobo:
Its a "lie"! You still in naija? And you are this resourceful?
No "beefs" intended towards anyone ooo grin...I have a strong feeling you finished from "Great" Ife!

Great Ife..........looooooooooool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:15am On Aug 26, 2013
sexymma1: Also i checked and saw that For admission to a Master’s program or graduate diploma, the qualifications listed are normally recognized as equivalent to a University of Ottawa four-year honours bachelor’s degree, minimum overall 70% grade average (B). i have a 3.19 out of 5, not up to 70, can i still apply

no sir, I'll advise you go for colleges
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:16am On Aug 26, 2013
GboyegaD:

Oga, I still dey naija oooo. I'm leaving later this week sha. I go resign on Tuesday hopefully sha.

I think say na USA u dey o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by equlibrium(m): 5:20am On Aug 26, 2013
dommakavelli:

if you can get a leave of study letter from your bank that you'll resume your job after studies, coupled with your pension scheme, You don settle home ties.
you don't need to be on there pay roll while you're away. if your bank con talk for the letter say, after your studies, you'll be a great advantage to them. Nna, You don kill am be that.

MAKE SURE YOU PUT GOD FIRST IN EVERYTHING. NA HIM SURE PASS.

My bank no go gree write DAT one oh, u knw most Nigerian banks na cry
So I should get sometin from my pension ppl den?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:25am On Aug 26, 2013
GboyegaD:

Oga, I still dey naija oooo. I'm leaving later this week sha. I go resign on Tuesday hopefully sha.
what!!! U still dey naija ke?...i cant believe dis...i can rememba u posting an accomodation address here for uni of calgary peeps to come join u...u applied from yankee,how cum u dey naija again...abi na two oga gboyegaD we get 4 dis forum ni?....or may be because uncle jonah dey dat side na wetin dey make u feel say na naija u dey?...anyways u've been more dan resourceful and please do not resign sir....we still need u here ,even if its once a while.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:36am On Aug 26, 2013
sexymma1: Full-time and part-time admissions, what do those mean
full time and part time is same meaning we call it here in naija...but please note that embassy wouldnt allow you leave all d way from naija here to go study part time course in canny...dem go bounce u....so please choose a fulltime course to avoid yawa!!!.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:56am On Aug 26, 2013
sexymma1: Thanks very much, must fees be paid before leaving the country,want to know if i can work and pay the fees over there
Not neccessarily you pay fees but sch might demand you pay some little deposit to show commitment and at sum point embassy might instruct u to pay a year tuition fee to convince dem u'r finacially capable....as for d work it depends on how much u can earn for 20hours per week for the first 6months in canny......if u get a job dat pays u $1000 per hour on campus den why not, u can pay ur fees and even pay mine join....but u see as a student,d highest amount of job rate u can get is $30 per hour job on campus....do d maths and see if that can really pay ur fees..also put in mind that bills,feeding,miscellenous expenses will be there staring at u so please package wella before u leave naija oo......carlenton uni do not require toefl as well......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 5:58am On Aug 26, 2013
GboyegaD:

I can't categorical say that its a lie,because I can say sth and my ogas at the top would say anoda tin.
Oga GboyegaD...april fools day don pass taytay;it has tay. I mustnt say an elderly person is lying but I can only say he isn't telling the truth grin;US thread tinz...I can't shout ooooooo
Fall applicants this is your week, inshaAllah. Please try as much as possible to give back when you get there,though,it may not be easy but please try like my ogas( siga,phemmy,Sir P,Bumdish,Iwinosajack,GboyegaD et al). God that has brought you this far will always be there to see you through,just call on him. For the wounded Fall applicants(@ Lucky don,Akanmu2013 et al)its not over,and for the awaitees(@galala123 et al),God has a reason for everything even if we don't understand he does.
Finally,Winter applicants let's try as much as possible to carry ourselves along so as to know what and what to do. #Keep dreaming,keep winning# one love. Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 6:01am On Aug 26, 2013
Hello guys, been a while... Hope everyone is hanging in?... Just to wish everyone in here success "n" many more success...

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 6:45am On Aug 26, 2013
ChriGo: Not neccessarily you pay fees but sch might demand you pay some little deposit to show commitment and at sum point embassy might instruct u to pay a year tuition fee to convince dem u'r finacially capable....as for d work it depends on how much u can earn for 20hours per week for the first 6months in canny......if u get a job dat pays u $1000 per hour on campus den why not, u can pay ur fees and even pay mine join....but u see as a student,d highest amount of job rate u can get is $30 per hour job on campus....do d maths and see if that can really pay ur fees..also put in mind that bills,feeding,miscellenous expenses will be there staring at u so please package wella before u leave naija oo......carlenton uni do not require toefl as well......

bro, i no mind dat 30CAD job o.....that's 600 per week mhen!! Owo Ta bua grin

n Is there any law that says person no fit work formore than 20 hours.. I don't think so jare.

3.1 Number of working hours

If approved for a work permit, students will be entitled to work up to 20 hours a week during the regular academic year, as long as they are registered as full-time students; and full-time during scheduled breaks (e.g., winter or summer holidays, reading week).

*Although there is no legislation or policy preventing students from working 20 hours a week on campus and 20 hours a week off-campus, DIRs should discourage students from working more than 20 hours a week, reminding them that they must study full-time and maintain satisfactory academic standing in order to remain eligible for the program.

Some intensive programs may not have scheduled breaks or may have a break specifically for that program. Students participating in such programs would, therefore, be limited to working a maximum of 20 hours a week during the entire period.*

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/guide-dir.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 6:58am On Aug 26, 2013
Siga: .... Bro... which of those rooms are u targeting... keep in mind... Sarnia is not that big of a place... na border town to Michigan... so, it might be war to get a room... but nothing is impossible.... worst case, the normal trick is to book an hotel bro... then search for a room once u land... that would even give u a chance to sabi the place well....
THANKS for the advice @Oga Siga and @Oga Chrigo..... @oga Siga the apartment i am interested in the listing on kijji is the one dat has the "URGENT" on the picture. the add is "472 Princeton Avenue, Sarnia, ON N7S 4K1, Canada".. i also wanna say that lambton has gotten a room for int'l students for 5 nights to enable dem secure houses. however like you said am sure it wud be premium rush that period and the best apartments wudda been taken. hence i want to try and secure this one ASAP.PLS KINDLY HELP ME OUT ON GETIING HIS EMAIL CONTACT..Many thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:00am On Aug 26, 2013
Onye oma:

You don't require a TOEFL for uOttawa...just get a letter of English Language proficiency from ur school and send to them with other requirements...

I think it depends in some cases. For both schools I applied to. TOEFL was required if one needed funding thus, for those who may be looking forward to school sponsorship, read through all the requirements well enough and make sure you meet them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:05am On Aug 26, 2013
kjbobo:
Its a "lie"! You still in naija? And you are this resourceful?
No "beefs" intended towards anyone ooo grin...I have a strong feeling you finished from "Great" Ife!

Yes I did finish from Ife. I just got back this May for summer to come see my loved ones and decided to take up an internship offer dor Summer. I'm leaving Wednesday night as my Departmental Math Camp starts on Thursday. I just try to contribute my quota on the forum and I participate mainly on the student visa threads.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:13am On Aug 26, 2013
ChriGo: what!!! U still dey naija ke?...i cant believe dis...i can rememba u posting an accomodation address here for uni of calgary peeps to come join u...u applied from yankee,how cum u dey naija again...abi na two oga gboyegaD we get 4 dis forum ni?....or may be because uncle jonah dey dat side na wetin dey make u feel say na naija u dey?...anyways u've been more dan resourceful and please do not resign sir....we still need u here ,even if its once a while.....

I posted the address cos one of my coursemate is there in Calgary and helped me with the accommodation search. I applied from the US cos I was there as at then but had to come home for the holiday.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:18am On Aug 26, 2013
Huzzie:
I can't categorical say that its a lie,because I can say sth and my ogas at the top would say anoda tin.
Oga GboyegaD...april fools day don pass taytay;it has tay. I mustnt say an elderly person is lying but I can only say he isn't telling the truth grin;US thread tinz...I can't shout ooooooo
Fall applicants this is your week, inshaAllah. Please try as much as possible to give back when you get there,though,it may not be easy but please try like my ogas( siga,phemmy,Sir P,Bumdish,Iwinosajack,GboyegaD et al). God that has brought you this far will always be there to see you through,just call on him. For the wounded Fall applicants(@ Lucky don,Akanmu2013 et al)its not over,and for the awaitees(@galala123 et al),God has a reason for everything even if we don't understand he does.
Finally,Winter applicants let's try as much as possible to carry ourselves along so as to know what and what to do. #Keep dreaming,keep winning# one love. Cheers

Oga, I dey naija right now. I dey office for Alfred Rewane Road, Ikoyi. I've been in the country for 92days and 3hours right now and don't ask me why I know the number of days I have spent oooo. In all fairness, its just nice to be good to people.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 7:24am On Aug 26, 2013
GboyegaD:

Yes I did finish from Ife. I just got back this May for summer to come see my loved ones and decided to take up an internship offer dor Summer. I'm leaving Wednesday night as my Departmental Math Camp starts on Thursday. I just try to contribute my quota on the forum and I participate mainly on the student visa threads.
That's cool bro...Wish you all the best. ..You will reap in multiple folds all the help you've rendered!
Great Ife!!! ......Great!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:30am On Aug 26, 2013
dommakavelli:

bro, i no mind dat 30CAD job o.....that's 600 per week mhen!! Owo Ta bua grin

n Is there any law that says person no fit work formore than 20 hours.. I don't think so jare.

3.1 Number of working hours

If approved for a work permit, students will be entitled to work up to 20 hours a week during the regular academic year, as long as they are registered as full-time students; and full-time during scheduled breaks (e.g., winter or summer holidays, reading week).

*Although there is no legislation or policy preventing students from working 20 hours a week on campus and 20 hours a week off-campus, DIRs should discourage students from working more than 20 hours a week, reminding them that they must study full-time and maintain satisfactory academic standing in order to remain eligible for the program.

Some intensive programs may not have scheduled breaks or may have a break specifically for that program. Students participating in such programs would, therefore, be limited to working a maximum of 20 hours a week during the entire period.*

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/guide-dir.asp
lol @owo ta bua.....just saying noni...i have tried making research to see if an on campus jobs pays dat much but d least i could get was $7 - $15 an hour...he might be lucky to get one of $30 which was why i wrote dat in d 1st place....for the off campus work permit, one of the criterial is to have studied full-time for at least 6months....am only sayin he can work on campus within dat 6months b4 applying for offcampus work permit provided he has valid study permit....and he is also talking about paying fees which i assume would be within d 6months of working....and even though u cant just begin to work wen u land canny Gbam!!! na...u still have to battle with some adjustment for at least one or two months b4 even thinking of working which is also within d 6months ooo!!...dats why i said he should package well b4 leaving naija.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 7:33am On Aug 26, 2013
Hello All,
I want to open the house this week with enthusiasm and high hopes for all medical hopefuls and TRv awaitees. We are not relenting , neither is God. This week shall be the week where he flood gates would be let open. Wish you all success.

Cheers...

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:46am On Aug 26, 2013
Nuendo: Hello All,
I want to open the house this week with enthusiasm and high hopes for all medical hopefuls and TRv awaitees. We are not relenting , neither is God. This week shall be the week where he flood gates would be let open. Wish you all success.

Cheers...
sum1 got called for medicals within one month so me sef key into this jare....my app is almost 1month so am highly optimisticgrin.....God aint sleeping
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:52am On Aug 26, 2013
GboyegaD:

I posted the address cos one of my coursemate is there in Calgary and helped me with the accommodation search. I applied from the US cos I was there as at then but had to come home for the holiday.
Ok sir no yawa!!...d good work must continue cuz ur input here na crude oil to me...if u leave, u wan make i poor?....i know u wouldnt want dat.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 7:57am On Aug 26, 2013
This week GOD will settle all the Fall applicants with Good news IJN. And for those that there admission is hanging for winter I see divine speed of accomplishment and favour of GOD in Jesus name. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 8:07am On Aug 26, 2013
GboyegaD:

Oga mi, this internship offer wey you decide to take, me sef has willingly decided to replace you when you leave on wednesday...

Thank you in advance grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 8:11am On Aug 26, 2013
dommakavelli:

Great Ife..........looooooooooool

Greatest gbagba!!! "Owk bye" lols
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 8:14am On Aug 26, 2013
Onye oma:

Oga mi, this internship offer wey you decide to take, me sef has willingly decided to replace you when you leave on wednesday...

That's gr8, nice1 + thumbs up
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:25am On Aug 26, 2013
kjbobo:
That's cool bro...Wish you all the best. ..You will reap in multiple folds all the help you've rendered!
Great Ife!!! ......Great!

I'm beginning to have fears for Ife graduate. The rate at which the country is losing us to this developed world is pathetic.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:27am On Aug 26, 2013
Nuendo: Hello All,

Cheers...

May God grant the desires of your heart for good.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 8:29am On Aug 26, 2013
GboyegaD:

I'm beginning to have fears for Ife graduate. The rate at which the country is losing us to this developed world is pathetic.

Nt onli ife grad alone my broda, d country seem to hav notin to ofa fo all....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:31am On Aug 26, 2013
Onye oma:

No be me be HR oooo. You could try with them sha who knows? PM me and I can give you the name of the organization.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:33am On Aug 26, 2013
greatheights:

Nt onli ife grad alone my broda, d country seem to hav notin to ofa fo all....

I agree but perhaps because I finish from Ife, I get to know more of Ife graduates traveling. I really have fears as the brain drain would do our economy no good. Some times when you read post on nairaland, you will realize how pathethic the future of this economy is with the way some people think.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 8:38am On Aug 26, 2013
ChriGo: lol @owo ta bua.....just saying noni...i have tried making research to see if an on campus jobs pays dat much but d least i could get was $7 - $15 an hour...he might be lucky to get one of $30 which was why i wrote dat in d 1st place....for the off campus work permit, one of the criterial is to have studied full-time for at least 6months....am only sayin he can work on campus within dat 6months b4 applying for offcampus work permit provided he has valid study permit....and he is also talking about paying fees which i assume would be within d 6months of working....and even though u cant just begin to work wen u land canny Gbam!!! na...u still have to battle with some adjustment for at least one or two months b4 even thinking of working which is also within d 6months ooo!!...dats why i said he should package well b4 leaving naija.....

Guy!! $7-$15 ke? wey I don dey calculate 30CAD * 7hrs.
Well, All join sha....God go belle full us....noshaking

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 8:41am On Aug 26, 2013
Siga: ...on the contrary...we do have guys on ground at most of these schools.... the problem is once una chop visas... guys don't come back... so... its always a dead end again.... only a hand full come back and na in and out...

Me am expecting two NL guys in my sch dis fall & I hav offered to accommodate them till they ar able to find a place of their own. Wish u all success.
God's blessings to u all

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 8:44am On Aug 26, 2013
GboyegaD:

I agree but perhaps because I finish from Ife, I get to know more of Ife graduates traveling. I really have fears as the brain drain would do our economy no good. Some times when you read post on nairaland, you will realize how pathethic the future of this economy is with the way some people think.

Bro, I share the same feelings about this brain drain issue too. Our country is really sitting on a time bomb.
thousands of Naija Human capital just dey port to advanced country every year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.