Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587344 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 5:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
kjbobo: I just got called officially by CDHC. ...that my passport is ready for pick up...apologising because I was there yesterday and some interesting things happened!
Laureek. ..I think we must have seen yesterday without knowing!
When I am less busy...I go knack una tory! grin
Submitted:May 7th
Medicals:10th August
Unofficial TRV:23rd August
Official date:27th August
Let the "official" congratulations start pouring in! grin
Please I want to implore TRV awaitees to please storm the embassy! Its quite productive!

Big Congrats Boss! Dt ws a vry fast one ...oga mi e b lik say u sef gt Abraham dia# lolz

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
kjbobo:
Eyah...I didn't know now...would have passed some to you sef!
And my fiancee was tripping for you ooo....lol
Congrats sis...I am heading to Lethbridge!
House. ...Ms Laureek na fine woman oo.... grin
Tot as much.....so hapi 4 u guys.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2013
@king2030 congrats to u mehn!!...i tap from ur blessing....he got his medics last week buh wasnt online to report back on here......Abeg no 4get dis forum wen u get to lambton ooo.....wish u all d best.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kelly4top: 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
ChriGo: Hmm!! Bros abeg no scan fake docx oo.....i believe ur docx has one or two contact info on it...dis is one of dia way of verifying and sum times if they aint clear about one or two docx dey request u bring it to dia office by hand........there will be a section wia u upload ur passport photograph,follow there specification e.g 35 x 45m on white background.....and as for ur int'l passport,wen cdhc are ready to approve ur visa dey will request u submit ur passport by hand or tru courier.......
Thank you very much. You so much analys this issue like a simple course and am so sactisfy now without any question again. Maybe ur talent is to become future Canadian professor cos any student u teach no surpose fail unless the person brain is empty.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gerald24(m): 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
ChriGo: I would have preferred carleton uni but due to the short time frame u have left for visa processing please go for humber college...uni admission takes time b4 u finally get it but i bet humber will give u admission within one week..time is on Jet for winter bro..dnt let cdhc Li u ooo...
tanks bro am on it nw. But i stl wnt 2 knw if i cn stil make it dis fall or next year. And wen i was fillin d form, i was told 2 pay $95, 4 my application. Wot do u advice me do. I got a post in page 295, dat its vry rare gettin scloarship 4 undergraduate. It is ture
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Teeporshe(f): 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
Anyone going to Carleton university this fall? You can holla at 08034732122
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
Gold_jnr: @ house, I landed safely in lasgidi yestday... I visited d cdhc to enquire bout my apps so on getting thr I filled a form and in less than an hour I was called on phone that my apps is still till on processing that I may take my leave na immediately I praaaa for them on fone say which kind rubbish b dat one say me wey come all d way from kano make I come take my leave that. Naim d babe reason wif me say them jus started working on May applicant ne say them go get back to me soonest I come ring am for d lady ear say na Sept 3rd b my resumption date n failure to to tht I ll be withdrawn from my sch. So d lady tell me say make I hold hakuri(patient) small say them go soon holla @ their boi say d normal time na 4-6 months. Naim I ask her people wey dey get am in less than 3months them runs ne she com brush laff buh I was still talking hard ooo... House gbagbe o knw b wasa(joke). mteeeeew Jor any advice or comment jare gbogbo ile?
Oga no worry cdhc go surely get back to you...have u mailed ur sch if there could be any extention of date? Cuz i believe even if they call u for medics 2day, u might not be able to meet dat sept 3 start date so pls get intouch with ur sch now for the latest date u can resume ......God aint sleeping......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
kelly4top: Thank you very much. You so much analys this issue like a simple course and am so sactisfy now without any question again. Maybe ur talent is to become future Canadian professor cos any student u teach no surpose fail unless the person brain is empty.
Lol....prof ke....wish my head fit carry dat 1 buh as time goes on i go know....tank God u got it....buh i still believe u will still have further questions about it....dia are gurus in d house to assist u...wen u'r about submitting abeg update d house...make we know who go 1st get medical instructions grin.....tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 7:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
oghenet: The Lord has done it guys! Picked up my visa today when I went to enquire at the embassy.

Congratulations Oghenet, you are most probably the person my wife met at CDHC yesterday. She mentioned she had a discussion about this forum with you at CDHC yesterday and that you later called her to inform her about your VISA...congrats.
She was actually there to retrieve her Intl.Passport from her visit application which has been with CDHC for close to 2 months. She went for her US interview only today and those ones gave her and my kid 2-years instanta. I would holidaying with them in the US in a few days and spending the dollars we would have otherwise ploughed into the Canadian system.
smh...the earlier they realize how much harm their largely inefficient visa issuing system is hurting everybody including themselves the better.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2013
sept 1st
frederal:
Pls for departing date did u book
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
I AM OVER-JOYED AND SO PROUD TO INFORM THIS WONDERFUL HOUSE THAT I WAS ISSUED MY T.R.V UPON VISIT TO CDHC TODAY. I WAS INSPIRED YESTERDAY BY THOSE WHO WENT TO THE CDHC AND GOT THEIR VISAS. SO I PRAYED ABOUT IT AND BASED ON THE ENCOURAGEMENT FROM THE HOUSE AND FAITH IN THE ALMIGHTY , I WAS VICTORIOUS.

I WOULD LIKE TO USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE, ESPECIALLY THE OGAS...!!!!!! SIGA, FHEMMMY, GBOYEGA-D , BUMDISHH, HUZZIE, JUST WISE, THE GALLANT EARTHGREENERS , 2-CHAINS , OUR CHILL-PILL CONSULTANT CHRIGO , AND MY OWN "NWANNE M NWOKE" AND PHOPHET, ONYE -OMA . I ALSO WANT TO THANK MY BROTHERS HEADING TO CALGARY AS WELL, SMILE13, DICTALPHA AND ONCE AGAIN MR.GBOYEGA D. WE SHALL GIVE A DIFFERENT IMPRESSION OF NIGERIA WHEN WE GET THERE.

TO ALL OTHER CONTRIBUTORS, I HAIL YOU ALL. TO THE SILENT MEMBERS , I ALSO HAIL THEE SILENTLY.

MAY ALL THOSE WHO HAVE EMBARKED ON THIS PROCESS HAVE SUCCESS STORIES AT THE END OF THEIR JOURNEY.THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN DENIED DELAYED , REPACKAGE AND RE-FIRE . YOUR DETERMINATION WOULD SURELY SEE YOU THROUGH.

FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL:

METHOD OF APPLICATION : PAPER ROUTE VIA VFS GLOBAL
APPLICATION DATE : MAY 2
MEDICAL CALL : JULY 19 (NO TUITION OR BOARD REQUESTED)
MEDICAL DONE : JULY 25
DOCS RESUBMITTED : JULY 26
TRV ISSUED : AUGUST 27

DESTINATION : UNI OF CALGARY
SPONSOR : FATHER
CLOSING BALANCE OF ACCNT STATEMENT: 13M
ESTIMATED TUITION FEE FOR 2YRS + LIVING EXPENSES : 8M +

OBSERVATIONS

1. I want to urge all those who are yet to apply to embrace the online route. It has an average processing time of 2-3 months max. You know your fate soon enough

2. Make sure you have your tuition and living expenses for a year at least sorted out on the statement of acc you present.

3. Your statement of purpose matters a lot. Use it as a means to buttress the reasons for your study there in canada particularly, why you would come back after studies and a explain any blank holes in your academic / life .

4. Sort out where you would do your medicals before you even get it. The consultant's practice seems faster because they don't require a pre-booked medicals.

5. This is 2013. This is the new millennium . invest in technology and information. have an internet enabled phone with a very sharp email client system . This would enable you track well and be up-to-date on current developments. This very advice is the most important.

6. Before you apply for admission or the visa, do some personal research about your destination, school, etc. Do some googling about everything possible. Also go through this forum from part 3 at least. With the wealth of experiences here. You can hardly go wrong. Some schools have a higher visa issuing rate than others because of the reputation and sheer difficulty in securing the admissions at first (unfortunately, this isn't speculation, i got this from an indian who applied from india and happens to know a thing or two about the system). If you are using the school as a means of "cutting out " from naija, cover your tracks well, and don't make it so obvious. Reading courses with no connection or relevance to your previous studies or academic history is an indication of desperation. If you however embark on such, please support your self with a passionate and very powerful statement of purpose. Give wole soyinka to write one for you if yours lacks the REQUIRED PUNCH

7. Finally , pray , pray , pray.

Because in the end, na who god want make e go canada go finally go.
we rely solely on his graces.

Disclaimer : The above observations were made by me not just based on my own application but on a careful study and analysis of Parts 1 -4 which I have taken time to read and study Back to Back to Back. However it is no place an instructions manual but just a guide .The suggestions stated above are hereby subject to scrutiny and further additions by the able members of the house as this would only add to the archive of information we already have here.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

14 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
Congrats man. Patiently waiting for mine. *big hug*
Nuendo: I AM OVER-JOYED AND SO PROUD TO INFORM THIS WONDERFUL HOUSE THAT I WAS ISSUED MY T.R.V UPON VISIT TO CDHC TODAY. I WAS INSPIRED YESTERDAY BY THOSE WHO WENT TO THE CDHC AND GOT THEIR VISAS. SO I PRAYED ABOUT IT AND BASED ON THE ENCOURAGEMENT FROM THE HOUSE AND FAITH IN THE ALMIGHTY , I WAS VICTORIOUS.

I WOULD LIKE TO USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE, ESPECIALLY THE OGAS...!!!!!! SIGA, FHEMMMY, GBOYEGA-D , BUMDISHH, HUZZIE, JUST WISE, THE GALLANT EARTHGREENERS , 2-CHAINS , OUR CHILL-PILL CONSULTANT CHRIGO , AND MY OWN "NWANNE M NWOKE" AND PHOPHET, ONYE -OMA . I ALSO WANT TO THANK MY BROTHERS HEADING TO CALGARY AS WELL, SMILE13, DICTALPHA AND ONCE AGAIN MR.GBOYEGA D. WE SHALL GIVE A DIFFERENT IMPRESSION OF NIGERIA WHEN WE GET THERE.

TO ALL OTHER CONTRIBUTORS, I HAIL YOU ALL. TO THE SILENT MEMBERS , I ALSO HAIL THEE SILENTLY.

MAY ALL THOSE WHO HAVE EMBARKED ON THIS PROCESS HAVE SUCCESS STORIES AT THE END OF THEIR JOURNEY.THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN DENIED DELAYED , REPACKAGE AND RE-FIRE . YOUR DETERMINATION WOULD SURELY SEE YOU THROUGH.

FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL:

OBSERVATIONS

1. I want to urge all those who are yet to apply to embrace the online route. It has an average processing time of 2-3 months max. You know your fate soon enough

2. Make sure you have your tuition and living expenses for a year at least sorted out on the statement of acc you present.

3. Your statement of purpose matters a lot. Use it as a means to buttress the reasons for your study there in canada particularly, why you would come back after studies and a explain any blank holes in your academic / life .

4. Sort out where you would do your medicals before you even get it. The consultant's practice seems faster because they don't require a pre-booked medicals.

5. This is 2013. This is the new millennium . invest in technology and information. have an internet enabled phone with a very sharp email client system . This would enable you track well and be up-to-date on current developments. This very advice is the most important.

6. Before you apply for admission or the visa, do some personal research about your destination, school, etc. Do some googling about everything possible. Also go through this forum from part 3 at least. With the wealth of experiences here. You can hardly go wrong. Some schools have a higher visa issuing rate than others because of the reputation and sheer difficulty in securing the admissions at first (unfortunately, this isn't speculation, i got this from an indian who applied from india and happens to know a thing or two about the system). If you are using the school as a means of "cutting out " from naija, cover your tracks well, and don't make it so obvious. Reading courses with no connection or relevance to your previous studies or academic history is an indication of desperation. If you however embark on such, please support your self with a passionate and very powerful statement of purpose. Give wole soyinka to write one for you if yours lacks the REQUIRED PUNCH

Disclaimer : The above observations were made by me not just based on my own application but on a careful study and analysis of Parts 1 -4 which I have taken time to read and study Back to Back to Back. However it is no place an instructions manual but just a guide .The suggestions stated above are hereby subject to scrutiny and further additions by the able members of the house as this would only add to the archive of information we already have here.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
Nuendo: I AM OVER-JOYED AND SO PROUD TO INFORM THIS WONDERFUL HOUSE THAT I WAS ISSUED MY T.R.V UPON VISIT TO CDHC TODAY. I WAS INSPIRED YESTERDAY BY THOSE WHO WENT TO THE CDHC AND GOT THEIR VISAS. SO I PRAYED ABOUT IT AND BASED ON THE ENCOURAGEMENT FROM THE HOUSE AND FAITH IN THE ALMIGHTY , I WAS VICTORIOUS.

FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL:

OBSERVATIONS

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Big congrats sir! Wish u a wonderful stay in canada

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
@oga nuendo am wowinlizing rite now.....ur faith paid off....imagine...we have prophets in d house,we cum dey worry!!....anyways dis is yet another proof dat God aint sleeping....so hapi 4 u...big congrats to u and big hug..no homo.....i double tap frm ur blessing......have a nice and sweet stay in canny.....i so much love ur write up,u really calm down wit joyful heart compose am......please cum back to naija after studies oooo to contribute ur quotagrin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by danezys: 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2013

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
Thanks joor, we don reach 6 wey dey go that way. we go def see there.
danezys:

See you at Calgary. I dey go tomorrow.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 8:51pm On Aug 27, 2013
Onye oma:

Congrats S a m p i t t s...
Though twasnt an easy struggle, you fought a good fight and came out victorious...

You have enof time to flex Naija before leaving by december...

Am very happy for you...Ihe oma ruo m aka ooooooo...

Remaining N .... o to come and announce his own goodnews

1-S a m p i t t s

2-N u e n d o

TRV gotten on TUESDAY finally...

Congrats "NWANNE MMADU"...
Tis a well deserved visa...

Wishing you a safe trip to Canny...

May God bless and keep you all...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
Na you biko . Your encouragement has been tremendous. Na you biko.
Onye oma:

1-S a m p i t t s

2-N u e n d o

TRV gotten on TUESDAY finally...

Congrats "NWANNE MMADU"...
Tis a well deserved visa...

Wishing you a safe trip to Canny...

May God bless and keep you all...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2013
@Nuendo
Congrats. ..have a great stay in Canada! Which day did you pick eventually? Cos I booked a Calgary flight too before heading to Lethbridge
KLM?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumfem: 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hello everybody and seniors, oga Siga, oga flemmy, hon chrigo,,kjbobo....I collected my passport today at CVAC and got the real reason for my VISA denial.... Got one reason.... The VO was not convinced that I had sufficient finance to take care of my accompany family members without working in Canada.
This is..like suggesting that I got refused bc I joined my family. Pls my seniors and bosses what do u want me to do here. Pls if I applied alone how soon do u think my family can come visit me. I really want to see my daughters grow up with me. Pls help plssss!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
Nuendo: Na you biko . Your encouragement has been tremendous. Na you biko.

Thank you so much for the compliments...

I believe any good I do to others will surely boomerang on me when my own time comes...likewise any bad.

Good a thing, Uni Calgary was and is still my dream school, so I don't play with folks heading there cos I believe we'll surely meet someday...

God bless you...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2013

FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL:

OBSERVATIONS

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Congratulations brother.Am so happy for you.I wish u the best in your future endeavours.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by thatdiva(f): 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hello everyone am new here. But can see we share lots of things in common.i did medicals since d 2nd of august but havent heard frm cdhc and classes begin on d 3rd of september. I guess me ma go show for that cdhc tomorrow oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2013
bumfem: Hello everybody and seniors, oga Siga, oga flemmy, hon chrigo,,kjbobo....I collected my passport today at CVAC and got the real reason for my VISA denial.... Got one reason.... The VO was not convinced that I had sufficient finance to take care of my accompany family members without working in Canada.
This is..like suggesting that I got refused bc I joined my family. Pls my seniors and bosses what do u want me to do here. Pls if I applied alone how soon do u think my family can come visit me. I really want to see my daughters grow up with me. Pls help plssss!!!
Sorry about the denial sir....i believe dia is nothing wrong in including ur family......pls list all d docx u submitted for d ogas to critically analyse it....sumtimes cdhc deny visas for the wrong reason....believe me sum1 wit 70m account balance was denied for financial reasons..crazy hun?...dats how it is sumtimes.....take heart sir...dis time u refire am sure u wont go wrong ....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2013
See as my pple dey chop visa like gala! No need for supper d Amala can chill... I came very hungry now leaving with my belly filled with all da good news. PRAYPAYS!
Congrat to yall!
Kjbobo hope I have ur e-mail cox uno go fit use ya MTN port to any canny network Oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
@ Nuendo...Congrats man,please always try hard from time to time to give back to this forum. May the lord see you through.
#nah operation storm CDHC dey rain now# @Fall applicants...medical/ TRV awaitees storm CDHC

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
sampitts: This is saying a big thank you to Onye oma, oga siga and the whole house. I'm like the first to use the online application route, since Feb., thank God the end isn't a bad news... Just got my trv. I give God all the glory despite the delay. Delay truly is not denial
congrats

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2013
grin

FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL:

OBSERVATIONS

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Congrats bro....safe trip to canny... grin

FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL:

OBSERVATIONS

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Congrats bro....safe trip to canny...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 10:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
Congrats bro
sampitts: This is saying a big thank you to Onye oma, oga siga and the whole house. I'm like the first to use the online application route, since Feb., thank God the end isn't a bad news... Just got my trv. I give God all the glory despite the delay. Delay truly is not denial

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 10:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
bumfem: Hello everybody and seniors, oga Siga, oga flemmy, hon chrigo,,kjbobo....I collected my passport today at CVAC and got the real reason for my VISA denial.... Got one reason.... The VO was not convinced that I had sufficient finance to take care of my accompany family members without working in Canada.
So sorry about the "delay"
Which program are you going for? PhD or Masters?
Either way...you have to take it one step at a time..and honestly, a helpful advice will be based on knowing the "bigger" picture you're looking at!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2013
nicemax: grin

Congrats bro....safe trip to canny... grin

Congrats bro....safe trip to canny...
Oga nicemax....u don fry my eyes finish oo.....dis ya msg na tripple tripple oo.....chai!! the cogratulatory quote too much!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2013
THANKS BOSS.
MAY YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE AND MAY YOU FIND SUPPORT JUST AS YOU HAVE SUPPORTED OTHERS. THANKS A MILLION

Onye oma:

Thank you so much for the compliments...

I believe any good I do to others will surely boomerang on me when my own time comes...likewise any bad.

Good a thing, Uni Calgary was and is still my dream school, so I don't play with folks heading there cos I believe we'll surely meet someday...

God bless you...

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.