Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,989 members, 7,835,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589450 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 8:44am On Aug 28, 2013
@Nuendo.. Many congratulations my brother, very happy for you. I trust that God shall make our ways smooth in Canada and beyond.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 8:47am On Aug 28, 2013
laureek: @onye oma, i sent you a mail.still looking for an accomodation @ ottawa....close to woodroofe avenue,how can you be of help?
thanks

When are you leaving finally
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 8:56am On Aug 28, 2013
adewaleafolabi:

I sent you a PM did you get it
I have replied.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:06am On Aug 28, 2013
gerald24: Den wot of civil, or electrical eng, or any oda related course wic i can be offered wit my grades
If u fully want to explore d scholarship world now is not d time ooo....universities are the only ones granting entry scholarship not colleges....bros as i dey so, am still waiting for som1 on this forum who got a college scholarship...buh i doubt if am gonna find one.....i would advice u go with college admission jeje!! If u wana make winter date....but if u still insist on this scholarship den sept 2014 session would be good for u....but pls note dat with ur grades the scholarship acquisition is under probability.....its ur choice my broda.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:30am On Aug 28, 2013
Nuendo: Thanks joor, we don reach 6 wey dey go that way. we go def see there.
Seems most of d VO's in cdhc are from calgary....see as dem dey dash calgary applicants visa any how....i neva see any1 heading there wey dem deny even sum1 wit zero balance account...hmmm!!....no yawa!! God dey!!.....

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2013
31st.

Onye oma:

When are you leaving finally
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 9:55am On Aug 28, 2013
@Nuendo,a big congrats to you dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 10:17am On Aug 28, 2013
Good question.

frederal: Is there any specific amount(regarding living expenses) to be declared to customs when one arrives Canada??
Somebody help

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:30am On Aug 28, 2013
@ Laureek...I'll advise u get a hotel booking from 1st september when you arrive and then finalize your accommodation arrangements.

Students of uOttawa, Algoquin college and Carleton University do stay in the same hostels because the schools are not too far from one another...

I'll send u the link for hotel booking as well as various choices of accommodation so you could select the one you want according to the price and area you desire...I believe you'll be fine with those links.

Please exercise a lil patience cos I cant send you a mail from where I am right now due to network ish...will do that once I get home this evening.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2013
Onye oma: @ Laureek...I'll advise u get a hotel booking from 1st september when you arrive and then finalize your accommodation arrangements.

Students of uOttawa, Algoquin college and Carleton University do stay in the same hostels because the schools are not too far from one another...

I'll send u the link for hotel booking as well as various choices of accommodation so you could select the one you want according to the price and area you desire...I believe you'll be fine with those links.

Please exercise a lil patience cos I cant send you a mail from where I am right now due to network ish...will do that once I get home this evening.
Oga mi sir....abeg paste d link here make silent follower like me see am grin.....i tried sending u a pm but it isnt working.....tanx and God bless u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:53am On Aug 28, 2013
ChriGo: Oga mi sir....abeg paste d link here make silent follower like me see am grin.....i tried sending u a pm but it isnt working.....tanx and God bless u

I've been trying to access my mail to dig out the link but to no avail...I'll try sending u a PM shaa...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:08am On Aug 28, 2013
Onye oma:

I've been trying to access my mail to dig out the link but to no avail...I'll try sending u a PM shaa...
hmmmm!!!....oga mi tanx oo...but am not heading to ottawa oo...am just trying to say u should paste dos links here for d benefit of dose heading dere, especially silent followers....am sure it would b very helpful and useful to them.....alot of peeps always complain about dis pm thin so they might not be able to get the links tru dat which was why i said u should paste it here for any1 heading there......or better still u can tell peeps who needs it to drop there email here then u can send it to them directly....here's my email: chrigolex@gmail.com.....tanx and God bless u for ur great works here......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 11:26am On Aug 28, 2013
Okay thanks a lot.

Onye oma: @ Laureek...I'll advise u get a hotel booking from 1st september when you arrive and then finalize your accommodation arrangements.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 11:31am On Aug 28, 2013
ChriGo: hmmmm!!!....oga mi tanx oo...but am not heading to ottawa oo...am just trying to say u should paste dos links here for d benefit of dose heading dere, especially silent followers....am sure it would b very helpful and useful to them.....alot of peeps always complain about dis pm thin so they might not be able to get the links tru dat which was why i said u should paste it here for any1 heading there......or better still u can tell peeps who needs it to drop there email here then u can send it to them directly....here's my email: chrigolex@gmail.com.....tanx and God bless u for ur great works here......

I've always believed in that quote in the bible where Jesus Christ said, "ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE, SEEK AND YOU'LL FIND, KNOCK AND THE DOOR WILL BE OPENED FOR YOU".
Even if along the line, a silent follower needs help...he/she should feel free to ask and will gerrit...

Anyways, what I cherish most about the info you provide here is that you back them up with Links for verification purposes...

I'll add the hotel/accommodation link here larra as well for the benefit of all heading to Ottawa...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:57am On Aug 28, 2013
Onye oma:

I've always believed in that quote in the bible where Jesus Christ said, "ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE, SEEK AND YOU'LL FIND, KNOCK AND THE DOOR WILL BE OPENED FOR YOU".
Even if along the line, a silent follower needs help...he/she should feel free to ask and will gerrit...

Anyways, what I cherish most about the info you provide here is that you back them up with Links for verification purposes...

I'll add the hotel/accommodation link here larra as well for the benefit of all heading to Ottawa...
Tanx oga mi....just saying noni.....sum peeps here are mostly readers...in other words they utilize any helpful info they get without asking and besides u cant always be online 24/7 to grant a request....most links i paste here were tins i got from this same forum....if the pasters had waited for anyone to ask, am sure i might not get any cuz few of d pasters are not active again on this forum....i have benefited from ur post cuz dia are some tins u posted here without anybody asking which were also helpful to me.....tanx alot oga mi...u too much.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2013
Sixteen weeks and not a word. My solace is in this:'He'll make a way where there seems to be no way. He hasn't ceased in working in ways we cannot see'.Onye ji ihe nwata welie aka ya elu, mgbe aka jiri ya...oga wedeta ya, nwata werre kwa ihe ya

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2013
onuawuchi: Sixteen weeks and not a word. My solace is in this:'He'll make a way where there seems to be no way. He hasn't ceased in working in ways we cannot see'.Onye ji ihe nwata welie aka ya elu, mgbe aka jiri ya...oga wedeta ya, nwata werre kwa ihe ya

16 weeks shocked you should be at CDHC reminding them that. An inquiry would do no harm remember they said average processing time is 4 - 6 months. So at least you should have heard something now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2013
adewaleafolabi:

16 weeks shocked you should be at CDHC reminding them that. An inquiry would do no harm remember they said average processing time is 4 - 6 months. So at least you should have heard something now.
Owfar?
Have you sent the mail? I sent a mail to them just now and they responded less than 20 minutes.
Please ensure you put necessary details.
@Onawuchi
I will advise you do the same . travelling down might not be the best for you. ..iF you were a TRV awaitee then that would have been the best (I mean storming CDHC)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
I stole this info from my Past oga jokzoh from previous part of this forum……I noticed reading the thread from part 1 – 4 is really eyes frying so I resolved to paste some of the useful and helpful posts again to make life easier……… This info is mainly for winter applicants looking for ways to package their applications efficiently….

TO ALL INTENDING APPLICANTS;

It wud be very helpful to you if you can take the pain to read through the thread. YOU NEED to understand how the VOs think so as to know how to prepare your application. There is no one particular format for Visa application packaging- all you need is to understand what they want and present your application with no loopholes in it. However, this is what I have learnt from my experience so far.....

1. You NEED to show that you have enough money to come to Canada, pay your fees, bills & living expenses and eventually return home. You don't want to tell me your distance cousin who had been conspicuously absent in your academic life is suddenly offering to sponsor you to Canada now. You have to be able to PROVE why and how WITH evidence.

2. Show them why you can't wait to return to Nigeria. Please don't tell them you are coming here to study Msc Wireless communication but plan to return home after your studies to manage your Dad's poultry farm or cement depot. ... Not smart!

3. Present a simple application. When too cumbersome it's becomes boring to the VO who probably still has a ton of other applications to treat that day and Don't present unverifiable docs especially as your vital docs. (In this case, A 500 hectares of land in Ngwo Enugu may carry a LESSER weight than an easily verifiable 500k Dangote sugar share certificate at CAHC ~I might be wrong but if I were the VO It would.)

And finally, The SOP is for you to win the heart of the VO. Let it tell a good story about you and dont tell UNREASONABLE lies. Just like you could win a girl's heart with skilful writing, I believe you can also make a VO want to show interest in your application with a nice and concise SOP. I'm going to use American Idol show to buttress my point here: some of the applicants actually scaled tru the initial screening not cos they could really sing but cos of their magnetic personality and their applications (their brief video profile) tell an interesting story about them.
And above all, be prayerful.....Cheers!

To: Wonderful Readers of Travelling Canada Nairaland Forum…...

Regards
ChriGo
Medical Hopeful for Winter Session 2014

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by daimler: 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hello distinguished ever resourceful nigerians,I am a silent follower of this thread,you all are doing a great job may God bless u all.I want to bring an observation to your notice,it appears those that did their medicals @ consultant practise in ikoyi seems to be getting faster response compared to asaju(V.I). I stand to be corrected though. Pls can those that have gotten their TRV's comment on this telling us where out of the both hospitals was used.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2013
daimler: Hello distinguished ever resourceful nigerians,I am a silent follower of this thread,you all are doing a great job may God bless u all.I want to bring an observation to your notice,it appears those that did their medicals @ consultant practise in ikoyi seems to getting faster response compared to asaju(V.I). I stand to be corrected though. Pls can those that TRV comment on this telling us where out of the both hospitals where used.
I agree with you. ..and I advised people generally when I observed. ..the reasons I have are "unverified" so won't want to share it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kelly4top: 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
pls house does anyone knows how much is tuition fee for undergraduate course in University of calgary- engineering. Also does any one knows any school in Canada that has PGD in electrical engineering or power engineering?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH ONE IS SUPPOSED TO DECLARE TO CUSTOM AT CANADA(in regards to the living expenses).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by daimler: 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
I have been on this journey since last year, I did my first medicals first week in august 2012,I dint hear any response from the embassy until january 2013,I was advised to withdraw the application and reapply cos my application was stale(it had spent 7 months with the embassy).I want to believe asaju messed up my medical result till time elapsed for resumption @ school.I had to reapply this april though I have done my medicals @ asaju again. May God deliver us from naija institutions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
After due consultation I will like to roll out Lesson2 grin(especially for TRV awaitees)
For those planning to storm CDHC:
There are 3 possible scenarios:
You can be called on your phone, their intercom or be told to come in !
If called. ..the few seconds you are gonna have on phone to speak with the Official can be very crucial....at that point, , choice of words can help!
By now, , we will all agree that medicals get to the embassy in less than two weeks! (At least in my case I was able to confirm my VISA was ready approximately 9 working days)
....so the 3-4 weeks na bobo! If you plan to storm CDHC after medicals had been done in more than two weeks a and further instructions taken care of. ..the following are salient:
They dont want you to know that you can get your VISA less than two weeks after medicals so they will tell you:"your application is still in process"
But you can use this "tried" and "trusted" principle on the phone with the Official by asking what I call "insightful" questions! For e.g you can say "I haven't resigned from work and a lot of things are being put on hold cos of this delay in knowing my status, what do you advice I do?" or saying "all plans made towards the trip or not to make the trip are completely on hold cos of the delay"...when saying this:Listen attentively to what the official will say and not say!
Honestly, you will know if your VISA is ready by Official's response or silence!
I tried this and have shared this with a couple of people in the mail and have gotten calls that it worked!
In asking the insightful questions. ...play an emotional game with it....even if you dont leave eventually with your passport. ..you will go home smiling grin
All the best

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
daimler: I have been on this journey since last year, I did my first medicals first week in august 2012,I dint hear any response from the embassy until january 2013,I was advised to withdraw the application and reapply cos my application was stale(it had spent 7 months with the embassy).I want to believe asaju messed up my medical result till time elapsed for resumption @ school.I had to reapply this april though I have done my medicals @ asaju again. May God deliver us from naija institutions
Jeez!!! Bros u have been called for medicals twice!!....mehn!! Dis is amazing...its bin very long i heard this.....u get luck oo....sum have been denied 3 conscutive times without smelling medics....it seems dis ya application na magic....please can u list the docx u submitted to cdhc biko!!....have u stormed cdhc?....abeg no let dis 1 slip tru again oo....abeg go knock dem doooor!! ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
daimler: I have been on this journey since last year, I did my first medicals first week in august 2012,I dint hear any response from the embassy until january 2013,I was advised to withdraw the application and reapply cos my application was stale(it had spent 7 months with the embassy).I want to believe asaju messed up my medical result till time elapsed for resumption @ school.I had to reapply this april though I have done my medicals @ asaju again. May God deliver us from naija institutions
Please check my post above....so sorry about your application last year. ..All things will work together for your good!
I dont believe Asaju is that bad ooo..A couple have used it and got there TRV WITHIN 3-4 weeks on the average!
Those guys at the embassy just forgot your application on their desk (my opinion)
Just go there tomorrow but compose a mail today detailing what happened from last year and how you were advised to withdraw your application!
I believe by tomorrow you will have your TRV ..try it prayerfully!
All the best bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
@oga kjbobo although i havent reach dat TRV stage yet....i really love that piece of info....mehn!! U sabi play mind game wella sha......i wouldnt mind one or two lectures sir.....i tot i was good at it but i can now confirm am a total olodo for d game......damn!! i just love reading ur post grin.......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
laureek: Hello people.
Please is it advisable to get a laptop here or in canada.from my research,they seem quite expensive there.my fear is hope i wont have issues using it there if i buy from here because of the system specifications given to me by the school.

i dont think they are cheaper in nigeria. infact I would say that they are definitely cheaper in canada..especially if you are shopping for sales (e.g http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/deal-grabber-days.aspx?icmp=home_hero_big_20130828_DealGrabber_en ..thats barely N65k..m very sure something like that wouldnt be anything below N100k in nigeria)..also for warranty issues too. I would strongly suggest you get it here.. frankly, there is no reason to buy a new laptop in nigeria if you are already on your way
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by richard4ssky: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
dear naira land,
Please i want to find out if by sep 30 i can surmit my application my paper rout for jan 2014 intake
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
richard4ssky: dear naira land,
Please i want to find out if by sep 30 i can surmit my application my paper rout for jan 2014 intake
It will be slighty late by then but u can do so at ur own risk....dis is more reason why online route is an escape route for late submition.....ur choice sir....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
ChriGo: @oga kjbobo although i havent reach dat TRV stage yet....i really love that piece of info....mehn!! U sabi play mind game wella sha......i wouldnt mind one or two lectures sir.....i tot i was good at it but i can now confirm am a total olodo for d game......damn!! i just love reading ur post grin.......
Thanks bro. ...I love reading your posts too!

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.