Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,186 members, 7,864,093 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:40 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (592772 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
Drurulez: hello peeps..please i just wanted to find out if I can make payment with my GTB naira master card for the Canadian student visa application fee of $125. I have tried it a couple of times today and it didn't go thru. pls kind help.
Thanks
Please be precise on ur question..are u about going the online route visa app?..make e no be say u'r trying to make payment for paper route online......lol....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Drurulez: 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2013
HI did u summit ur application online? if yes pls am having a problem submitting mine it's not accepting my GTB naira master card for payment. pls help with some info on how to go about it.
Kunsoft:

You're the first person to go online here. Wishing you all the best. I may contact you later for the online stuff.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by humanshado: 9:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
Drurulez: hello peeps..please i just wanted to find out if I can make payment with my GTB naira master card for the Canadian student visa application fee of $125. I have tried it a couple of times today and it didn't go thru. pls kind help.
Thanks

I tried using GTB mastercard debit and that of stanbic IBTC all in vain. I had to use a friend's credit card. I doubt if the payment system accepts debit cards and it is clearly stated there as 'Credit Card'. I advise you to try that too. All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by humanshado: 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
ChriGo: Humanshado...our 1st online man on the list...its good having u...i neva read back from u on how u went around the Master card...which bank did u later used?

I used a friend's credit card from Diamond Bank. But I don't think the bank matters. What matters is the system was designed to accept credit cards. And Thanks for the earlier info you gave me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Drurulez: 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
yes pls am going thru the online route visa app.
ChriGo: Please be precise on ur question..are u about going the online route visa app?..make e no be say u'r trying to make payment for paper route online......lol....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Drurulez: 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2013
almost frustrated it's still not accepting my GTB master card, and i want to believe that bank doesn't matter too i think i need pay my bank a visit first thing Monday morning.
humanshado:

I used a friend's credit card from Diamond Bank. But I don't think the bank matters. What matters is the system was designed to accept credit cards. And Thanks for the earlier info you gave me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2013
Drurulez: yes pls am going thru the online route visa app.
Dats gona make u our 2nd online man on d list...use a credit card not debit card for payment and also make sure ur internet isnt d snail type....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Drurulez: 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
will do thanks, I have been using a debit card thanks for the info.
ChriGo: Dats gona make u our 2nd online man on d list...use a credit card not debit card for payment and also make sure ur internet isnt d snail type....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
Drurulez: will do thanks, I have been using a debit card thanks for the info.
U'r welcome...please do let the house know d date when finally submit ..please also provide ur sch and level(UG or PG) to my oga Huzzie...tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 1stcindy: 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
Please Ladies and Gents in the house. I need your advice on this matter. My friend used a non relative as sponsor.But in the actual sense, the person isnt paying his fees for him. He got some scholarship from his school and he will pay the rest of his school fees. But since his account isn't bouyant enough, he asked this non relative to be his sponsor for the sake of this Visa processing. How do you suggest he should link a relationship with this sponsor. Must your sponsor be related to you either as family, or as an employer. Pls help out. He hasnt heard from the embassy since 3 months. Do you think its because of no link to the sponsor?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
1stcindy: Please Ladies and Gents in the house. I need your advice on this matter. My friend used a non relative as sponsor.But in the actual sense, the person isnt paying his fees for him. He got some scholarship from his school and he will pay the rest of his school fees. But since his account isn't bouyant enough, he asked this non relative to be his sponsor for the sake of this Visa processing. How do you suggest he should link a relationship with this sponsor. Must your sponsor be related to you either as family, or as an employer. Pls help out. He hasnt heard from the embassy since 3 months. Do you think its because of no link to the sponsor?
Thanks
Its not because of that...some peeps here used dad as sponsor and still havent heard from cdhc too...tell ur friend to storm cdhc in lagos to make an inquiry just like every one else has been doing....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 1stcindy: 10:25pm On Aug 31, 2013
Thank you for your response ChriGo. He has stormed there twice and got phone call to be patient. He has sent two compassionate emails too and planing to send the next compassionate email on monday. His department also sent email to CDHC and also mentioned the scholarship he was given. On friday, his department extended his resumption till end of September and he has forwarded the email to CDHC. But he doesnt want to leave any loose end, that is why he is thinking of suggestion on how to have a link with the sponsor. Please do you have any advice on this? Thank you in advance.
ChriGo: Its not because of that...some peeps here used dad as sponsor and still havent heard from cdhc too...tell ur friend to storm cdhc in lagos to make an inquiry just like every one else has been doing....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
1stcindy: Thank you for your response ChriGo. He has stormed there twice and got phone call to be patient. He has sent two compassionate emails too and planing to send the next compassionate email on monday. His department also sent email to CDHC and also mentioned the scholarship he was given. On friday, his department extended his resumption till end of September and he has forwarded the email to CDHC. But he doesnt want to leave any loose end, that is why he is thinking of suggestion on how to have a link with the sponsor. Please do you have any advice on this? Thank you in advance.
since he has stormed embassy twice den d next thing is to hope on God and pray 4 d best...did u submit a good affidavit of support and sponsorship letter with the application?...cuz i believe its the main venum dat could convince d VO d unrelated sponsor really wants to sponsor ....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 1stcindy: 11:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
Thanks a lot Chrigo
ChriGo: since he has stormed embassy twice den d next thing is to hope on God and pray 4 d best...did u submit a good affidavit of support and sponsorship letter with the application?...cuz i believe its the main venum dat could convince d VO d unrelated sponsor really wants to sponsor ....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
[b]TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
1. Olabo_key ? Seneca College JUNE 21 Paper route
2. Huzzie PG Centennial JULY 16 Paper route
3. Onye oma PG Uottawa JULY 17 Paper route
4. Rolatims PG Centennial JULY 28 Paper route
5. Chrigo PG Lambton JULY 30 Paper route
6. Adim02 PG Niagara College AUGUST 19 Paper route
7. Tolyem Dip Keyano AUGUST 23 Paper route
8. Humanshado PG UBC AUGUST 31 Online route
9. Clow PG Humber
10. Teexzle PG Lambton
11. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
12. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
13. Janut PG UoRegina
14. Meyson UG UoRegina
15. Kicon PG centennial college
16. Teapea UG MUN
17. Cherokee ? Concordia/Dalhouise/UoRegina
18. Gwobo PG UoManitoba/UoSask/UoRegina
19. Ugoh11 PG Uocalgary/MUN
20. EMEKS86 UG UNB
21. Richard4ssky PG GeorgeBrown
22. Soweto ?
23. seunlovesa UG Brandon uni
24. Addey101 UG Dalhousie
25. Joe batters PG Fanshawe College
26. Omo Ondo PG Niagara College
27. Gdjay UG Brandon uni
28. Kunsoft PG Lambton/Fanshawe/Red river
29. Missbon PG Fanshawe College
30. Mike PG Humber College

N.B- If you are a prospective student for winter admission please indicate, you would have to provide your intended level and university/college.
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 1stcindy: 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
No, he didnt submit affidavit of support. please what are the contents of affidavit of support? Can he still submit it?
ChriGo: since he has stormed embassy twice den d next thing is to hope on God and pray 4 d best...did u submit a good affidavit of support and sponsorship letter with the application?...cuz i believe its the main venum dat could convince d VO d unrelated sponsor really wants to sponsor ....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 12:11am On Sep 01, 2013
New eligible occupations under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

1) Engineering managers
2) Financial and investment analysts
3) Geoscientists and oceanographers
4) Civil engineers
5) Mechanical engineers
6) Chemical engineers
7) Mining engineers
8- Geological engineers
9) Petroleum engineers
10) Aerospace engineers
11) Computer engineers (except. software engineers/designers)
12) Land surveyors
13) Computer programmers and interactive media developers
14) Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
15) Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
16) Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
17) Physiotherapists
18) Occupational Therapists
19) Medical laboratory technologists
20) Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants
21) Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
22) Medical radiation technologists
23) Medical sonographers
24) Cardiology technicians and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c. (not elsewhere classified)

COULD THIS BE THE REASON WHY SOME APPLICANTS ARE CALLED FOR MEDICALS EARLIER THAN OTHERS

THOSE THAT GOT THEIR MEDICAL CALL WITHIN 2-3 MONTHS SHOULD CONFIRM PLS BY LETTING US KNOW IF THEIR COURSES ARE AMONG THE 24 OCCUPATIONS ABOVE...

JUST AN OBSERVATION SUBJECT TO CRITICISMS/OBJECTIONS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:31am On Sep 01, 2013
Onye oma: New eligible occupations under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

1) Engineering managers
4) Civil engineers
5) Mechanical engineers
6) Chemical engineers
7) Mining engineers
8- Geological engineers
9) Petroleum engineers
10) Aerospace engineers
12) Land surveyors
15) Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
17) Physiotherapists
21) Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
23) Medical sonographers
24) Cardiology technicians and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c. (not elsewhere classified)

COULD THIS BE THE REASON WHY SOME APPLICANTS ARE CALLED FOR MEDICALS EARLIER THAN OTHERS

THOSE THAT GOT THEIR MEDICAL CALL WITHIN 2-3 MONTHS SHOULD CONFIRM PLS BY LETTING US KNOW IF THEIR COURSES ARE AMONG THE 24 OCCUPATIONS ABOVE...

.... Wetin Secretary go con do now.... undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 5:30am On Sep 01, 2013
Siga: .... Wetin Secretary go con do now.... undecided

Lolzzzzzz...Oga mi,we're trying to figure out what might be the cause of some being called for medicals within 8-9 weeks while others are called much later (despite the fact that those called larra have paid full tuition for 1 year and used their parents as sponsor)...it seems this is more rampant this year...

I just pointed out my observation...

Secretary go still come ooo, sure banker....grin

This is still a hypothesis,not yet a proven fact/theory...so might still be totally wrong @ d end of the day...

HAPPY NEW/EMBER MONTH TO YOU SIR...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Burningflamz: 6:15am On Sep 01, 2013
itiboribo: hi people,am new in this forum.i really appreciate everyone's effort.i was actually goggling up other stuff and somehow found myself here.(thank GOd i did).Am just curious,and will appreciate ur replies.ok so i applied for my study permit on 23rd of may,did my medicals on d 26th of august,i submitted my passport the next day at the vfs office.i have already payed for my first semester and submitted prove of payment with my application.my concern now is if i would still make it for this september start.my school has already adjusted my start date to 17th of september.what do u guys think? do u think there's still a possibility that my trv will be ready before the17th any hope for me?am worried.

Please visit the embassy on tuesday morning.u will get your visa before close of work.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Hafiana(f): 7:04am On Sep 01, 2013
hapi new month
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:22am On Sep 01, 2013
Onye oma: New eligible occupations under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

1) Engineering managers
4) Civil engineers
5) Mechanical engineers
6) Chemical engineers
7) Mining engineers
8- Geological engineers
9) Petroleum engineers
10) Aerospace engineers
12) Land surveyors
17) Physiotherapists
23) Medical sonographers

I dont think these list is the rationale for some peeps been called for medics within 2months and sum 3months.....some things are bin put into consideration bro....1. How quick verifyable one docx is 2. Universities reputation 3. level(masters/Pgd/bsc) 4. Quota system ....etc..there are some courses peeps go for that are not on the list u mentioned and still got called for medics within 2months how do u explain that? And there are peeps going for some courses u listed that are yet to get medics .how do u explain that too?....so with due respect sir i fault this hypothesis grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 7:47am On Sep 01, 2013
ChriGo: I dont think these list is the rationale for some peeps been called for medics within 2months and sum 3months.....some things are bin put into consideration bro....1. How quick verifyable one docx is 2. Universities reputation 3. level(masters/Pgd/bsc) 4. Quota system ....etc..there are some courses peeps go for that are not on the list u mentioned and still got called for medics within 2months how do u explain that? And there are peeps going for some courses u listed that are yet to get medics .how do u explain that too?....so with due respect sir i fault this hypothesis grin....

I totally agree with chrigo I will also like to add that Thanks VO that handle ones doc to sometime matters also. If is the slow one its will the more time than the hardworking one. #my2cent#

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by desmondsummit: 8:02am On Sep 01, 2013
Hi friends, please I have been a silent follower of this trend and I must commend all the powerful contributions in the house, as I could not hold back my silence anymore.
Please ogas in the house, I did not submit an affidavit of sponsorship for my non-related(not my family member) sponsor when I applied back in may 23rd.
Also I submitted only a to whom it may concern, in place of my university certificate, cos it wasn't ready at the time of submission.
please can I still submit this documents, if yes how do I go about it. Your opinions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 8:18am On Sep 01, 2013
ChriGo: I dont think these list is the rationale for some peeps been called for medics within 2months and sum 3months...

8-9 weeks precisely bro...recently, the normal time for being called for medicals is now 3months while those called before then are the ones we're referring to as being very fast (with the exception of online applicants)

ChriGo: some things are bin put into consideration bro....1. How quick verifyable one docx is 2. Universities reputation 3. level(masters/Pgd/bsc) 4. Quota system ....etc...

Nice one bro...ßuh based on the factors you listed to be determinant in the processing speed, pls note the following:

1) How quickly verifiable one's docx is: True talk...it has always been a constant factor in visa processing speed

2) Universities reputation: I doubt....(Some peeps going to UBC which is among the top 3 universities in Canada has not been called for medicals for over 3 months....and even Concordia Uni and uOttawa)

3) Level (Masters/PGD/BSc): Which one do you feel is attended to @ the fastest rate I doubt if it has a role to play in the speed of visa processing

4) Quota system: By this, do you mean University quota or Provincial quota??

ChriGo: there are some courses peeps go for courses that are not on the list u mentioned and still got called for medics within 2months how do u explain that? And there are peeps going for some courses u listed that are yet to get medics .how do u explain that too?

Can u please list the courses that are not included who got called within 2 months let's see?
Also, for peeps going for the courses listed that havent been called for medicals, remember that all other factors must be satisfied (home tie,sufficient funds,bona fide student,credibility of sponsor etc)

ChriGo: so with due respect sir i fault this hypothesis grin....

Though my hypothesis has been faulted by you, I still have a feeling that it is true to an extent...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:11am On Sep 01, 2013
Onye oma:

Nice one bro...ßuh based on the factors you listed to be determinant in the processing speed, pls note the following:

1) How quickly verifiable one's docx is: True talk...it has always been a constant factor in visa processing speed

2) Universities reputation: I doubt....(Some peeps going to UBC which is among the top 3 universities in Canada has not been called for medicals for over 3 months....and even Concordia Uni and uOttawa)

3) Level (Masters/PGD/BSc): Which one do you feel is attended to @ the fastest rate I doubt if it has a role to play in the speed of visa processing

4) Quota system: By this, do you mean University quota or Provincial quota??

Though my hypothesis has been faulted by you, I still have a feeling that it is true to an extent...
for the reasons to my answer i would elaborate a little in reference to the numbers i mention....1.Thank God u agree its a constant factor but this factor remains the utilmate basis for my other points....2. If a visa applicants applies to the best univesities in canada and tenders unverifyable docx to the VO's do u think he would be called for medics that quick?...in terms of reputation if u'r able to gain an admission into top-tiers university then it means u be chairman but at d VO's end they were unable to verify ur degree cert whether due to NASU/ASUU strike ..the VO might let that slip tru just becos they knw for u to gain admision to that sch, u have proven urself beyond that unverifyable cert so they will waive it...but compare it to sum1 that applied to a uni without reputation and at d same time the VO's were unable to verify d degree cert omo that person go just sidon they wait for VO's decision ni oo...Take uni of calgary peep, uni of toront,and ofcourse earthgreeners uni of manitoba peeps on this thread for example..dey all got called for medics within less month...uni of ottawa is a top uni but not among top 10 uni in canada but uni of calgary and toroton is...u made mentioned of concordia uni which is not also among top 10...u also said mgril uni...hmm!! Am waitin for peeps frm dat uni who hasnt been called for medics on dis thread to show face...lol....for the no 3. if u'r going for a masters research base to be precise i discover they get medics call faster and if u'r also going for an underG Course medics also cums faster than PGD aplicants...dats my observation...as for the No 4. With quota system cdhc place priorty on some applicants than the other..e.g peep on fully funding option get more medics call compare to some1 who has even paid full tuition and if the rate of peeps going on fully funding option are much then dont u think they will have to fully atend to such peeps b4 even atendin to sum1 who paid full tuition? And if the quota gets exhausted d peeps that paid full tuition gets denied visa....so sori for my long epistle...na oga nuendo teach me....lol....u can use d @ sign wen u wana make ur comment sir....tanx..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:25am On Sep 01, 2013
Kunsoft:

I totally agree with chrigo I will also like to add that Thanks VO that handle ones doc to sometime matters also. If is the slow one its will the more time than the hardworking one. #my2cent#
Yes very tru...lets pray the VO handling our file is not the snail type VO....we want Cheetah type VO.. grin....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:32am On Sep 01, 2013
desmondsummit: Hi friends, please I have been a silent follower of this trend and I must commend all the powerful contributions in the house, as I could not hold back my silence anymore.
Please ogas in the house, I did not submit an affidavit of sponsorship for my non-related(not my family member) sponsor when I applied back in may 23rd.
Also I submitted only a to whom it may concern, in place of my university certificate, cos it wasn't ready at the time of submission.
please can I still submit this documents, if yes how do I go about it. Your opinions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
The affidavit of sponsorship is very essential in a visa app...even peeps using dad as sponsor also include this....if u do not have ur degree cert yet no yawa wit that "to whom it may concern is also a proof u graduated from dat uni"....u can still submit ur degree cert if u have it with you to clear the fear in ur mind but its nt neccessary....did u submit a sponsoship letter wit ur app?..how did u prove ur sponsor is willing to sponsor u?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:44am On Sep 01, 2013
@onye oma...some peeps going for supply chain managemet,plumbing,welding technician,information technology,international biz mgt,e.t.c on this thread got called for medics within two months na...if to say i dey ontop PC i for dig dem all out for u....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 9:52am On Sep 01, 2013
ChriGo: Yes very tru...lets pray the VO handling our file is not the snail type VO....we want Cheetah type VO.. grin....

Na Holy fire I go put for VO yash cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 11:06am On Sep 01, 2013

1) Engineering managers
4) Civil engineers
5) Mechanical engineers
6) Chemical engineers
7) Mining engineers
8- Geological engineers
9) Petroleum engineers
10) Aerospace engineers
12) Land surveyors
17) Physiotherapists
23) Medical sonographers

Course: Occupational health and safety

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:07am On Sep 01, 2013
I just dey observe

Watching Chrigo and Onye Oma in 3D......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.