Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589511 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
jaybmich: @chrigo, can I PM you, wanna discuss some private issues.
...bro PM ....as long as d private issues doesnt involve me borrowing u 8Thousand dollar grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by fadedayo: 10:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
clusterphobia: Designated Medical Practitioner will arrange for the following tests:

- Large PA chest X-ray together with a radiologist's report for any person 11 yrs of age or older.
- Blood test (VDRL or similar test) for all applicants 5 yrs of age or older.
- A Urinalysis (sugar, protein, blood) for all applicants 5 yrs of age or older.
- HIV test for any person 15 yrs of age or older, children who have received blood or blood products, or have a known HIV mother, and all potential adoptees.

Besides the above, there will also be an 'Eye Test'. It is just a long distance reading of the Vision Table.

They will also check your blood pressure, height, weight and will perform general whole body check up. Better drink lots (and I mean lots and lots) of water before going for the urine test to get a good urine report. Don't deposit the first urine of the day.
Get blood pressure checked by some local doctor atleast 48 hours before your medical for immigration. Get medicine if required to make it normal. DMPs usually consider BP reading upto 130/90 as normal. Don't worry, they won't be able to find out about the medicine if you do not rerveal it.
Don't lie about any operation which has left visible scar on your body. Remeber they will throughly (I MEAN IT) check your body so don't lie about anything which they can find out.

Hope this helps smiley

do they do pregnancy test for women?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
v u made up ur mind abt coming 4d youth conventn@ ch..go btw am inviting u all to RCCG youth convention startn frm 2mrw to fri..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Quantumfisika: 11:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hi folks...I applied for a Canadian student visa since 6th of June 2013..hav not been called for medicals. Currently I need to travel to Cameroon and I need my passport.Can my passport be returned to me without my application withdrawn?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
fadedayo:

.....hmmm....I smell a rat grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
teexzle: v u made up ur mind abt coming 4d youth conventn@ ch..go btw am inviting u all to RCCG youth convention startn frm 2mrw to fri..
....Cuming on thur by God's grace....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:46pm On Sep 29, 2013
britiko:
My guy, pls take it easy o. With or without trv life continues. What wld be, wld surely be no matter what. Remember dat ,dis too shall pass away.
Pls, don't develop high bp o.
We will shout alleluia on ur behalf soonest IJN.

Thanks for the headsup jare. Sure life continues. I know to an extent what HBP does; its one of those things you shouldn't have. It changes an individuals lifestyle completely. And really hinders a person. As for the TRV, am resolved that something must happen this week. And even if it doesn't well a little bit of patience* wouldn't kill.

Also word of advise to people. Please for heavens sake have a backup plan. Over the weekend I was working on my pc and was a bit distracted and entered a wrong command on my shell which wiped my entire user folder. This contained lots and lots of Documents, Pictures, Work files, Source Codes etc. Wasn't funny. Attempts to recover the most important ones was futile.

I had some files backed up but left out a major folder that contained my newest projects. Months of work almost down the drain. Lesson for me is this, have backups, ensure it works. And be ready to rebuild.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
britiko:
My guy, pls take it easy o. With or without trv life continues. What wld be, wld surely be no matter what. Remember dat ,dis too shall pass away.
Pls, don't develop high bp o.
We will shout alleluia on ur behalf soonest IJN.

Thanks for the headsup jare. Sure life continues. I know to an extent what HBP does; its one of those things you shouldn't have. It changes an individuals lifestyle completely. And really hinders a person. As for the TRV, am resolved that something must happen this week. And even if it doesn't well a little bit of patience* wouldn't kill.

Also word of advise to people. Please for heavens sake have a backup plan. Over the weekend I was working on my pc and was a bit distracted and entered a wrong command on my shell which wiped my entire user folder. This contained lots and lots of Documents, Pictures, Work files, Source Codes etc. Wasn't funny. Attempts to recover the most important ones was futile.

I had some files backed up but left out a major folder that contained my newest projects. Months of work almost down the drain. Lesson for me is this, have backups, ensure it works. And be ready to rebuild.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaybmich: 12:24am On Sep 30, 2013
ChriGo: ...bro PM ....as long as d private issues doesnt involve me borrowing u 8Thousand dollar grin....
I think the 8thousand dollars is gettn boring joor lol!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:44am On Sep 30, 2013
jaybmich: I think the 8thousand dollars is gettn boring joor lol!
....so u sef know say the 8Thousand dollar question dey boring....na u kuku ask am grin....i don see ur PM....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 12:46am On Sep 30, 2013
Akanmu2013: thank you sir for your concern. I will re firing very so

Hahaha...sir, are u a comedian?...ur post makes me laff, knowing you intentionally use words/grammar wrongly. I like it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by brendumsg: 1:50am On Sep 30, 2013
If they are about to attend to May 30 & 31 applicants, wat happened to may 21st? Cos dat was wen I submitted my app. Does anyone know y they cud be jumping files?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mayor76: 2:11am On Sep 30, 2013
bros is there any college or university in canada,dat one will get there b4 making fees payment ,just like usa pls advice me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 2:54am On Sep 30, 2013
mayor76: bros is there any college or university in canada,dat one will get there b4 making fees payment ,just like usa pls advice me

Keyano College
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 7:07am On Sep 30, 2013
Quantumfisika: Hi folks...I applied for a Canadian student visa since 6th of June 2013..hav not been called for medicals. Currently I need to travel to Cameroon and I need my passport.Can my passport be returned to me without my application withdrawn?
sure you can. Just write an application stating u want to withdraw your passport.. They'll give it to you n wont affect ur application process... How long are you going to stay in cameroon?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:09am On Sep 30, 2013
brendumsg: If they are about to attend to May 30 & 31 applicants, wat happened to may 21st? Cos dat was wen I submitted my app. Does anyone know y they cud be jumping files?
.....have u gone to make inquiry?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mosure: 7:34am On Sep 30, 2013
@chrigo ur justice is nided,I summitted my addmission letter
Sponsorship letter my uncle bt diff surname n he explain y he is doin it
Letter of intent cos I ws goin for human resource mgt frm a backgrd of sociology
All my credentials,bsc ssce birthcert etc
My sponsors bk acct wt 5.6m
Flight ticket
Receipt of my first payment of fees
Spnsors payslip n pasport page
Pls guy help on wher I went wrong on dis 3reasons
1.Nt sactisfy I av funds for my expences n fees.
2.Nt sactisfy I wil com bk after d programm.
3.Nt a bonafide student,after payin sch fees,am waitting 4 ur corrections,nand pls hw do I go abt d online application

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaybmich: 7:42am On Sep 30, 2013
mosure: @chrigo ur justice is nided,I summitted my addmission letter
Letter of intent cos I ws goin for human resource mgt frm a backgrd of sociology
Flight ticket
3.Nt a bonafide student,after payin sch fees,am waitting 4 ur corrections,nand pls hw do I go abt d online application

and why would you purchase a flight ticket before being granted TRV, even tuition fee, I think is the duty of Embassy to give you instructions if you. are to pay tuition fee Prior to your leave. Those things are part of what they consider, and they felt you are an intending immigrant. But I can't really say about the financial stuff per se!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jadapinket13(f): 7:56am On Sep 30, 2013
@Quamtu. Yes they can give your passport and you will be asked to return it once you are through with it. Go to Cdhc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jadapinket13(f): 7:57am On Sep 30, 2013
fadedayo:

Yes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jadapinket13(f): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2013
[quote author=mayor76]bros is there any college or university in canada,dat one will get there b4 making fees payment ,just like usa pls advice me[/quote
Yeah. McGill university. And you need to have graduated with minimum of 2:1
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efosa12345(m): 9:25am On Sep 30, 2013
Flight ticket

so sorry for the denial buddy, though we might bake our applications up with the finest documents, yet we get denied. The 3 reasons you enumerated above is not peculiar to an individual, I strongly believe is a general flimsy way of denying an applicant. To my best of knowledge, I have been able to digest most things that could precipitate those reasons.

1. Not satisfy you have funds for your fees n xpenses:
It might not necessarily be availability of funds in the bank account, it boils down to how steadily the sponsor will continue having such amount amidst other dependants. You might pay part tuition fee to so how committed you are but mind you cdhc does not judge applicants base on that.

2. Not satisfy that you will come back at the end of ur studies:
This is where home ties comes to play. What constitute home ties are employment letter, landed property, family pictures, marriage certificate etc.

3. Not a bonafide student:
I think a sound statement of purpose could justify this, again the vacuum ever created since you left your undergraduate school to date. In that case to register with professional body that is in line with your intended program could serve as an edge, and at the same time to have been employed since NYSC period to date is a plus as well.

Think that is my two cent.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 9:25am On Sep 30, 2013
jaybmich: and why would you purchase a flight ticket before being granted TRV, even tuition fee, I think is the duty of Embassy to give you instructions if you. are to pay tuition fee Prior to your leave. Those things are part of what they consider, and they felt you are an intending immigrant. But I can't really say about the financial stuff per se!

Nah... Don't get it wrong bro.
Anyone could pay tuition before Trv process, some schools won't even accept you until u make a tuition.
Flight ticket? That's just not necessary... Absolutely wrong when u aint going for visitation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 9:42am On Sep 30, 2013
mayor76: bros is there any college or university in canada,dat one will get there b4 making fees payment ,just like usa pls advice me

There are many of them...
But sir, If truly you're going for study then that shouldn't be a worry!
Hope is not that you wna get there and drop study for hustle, I heard Canada aint any longer a place for such but a great place for study, work while studying and after studying!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efosa12345(m): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2013
PlayPays:

Nah... Don't get it wrong bro.
Anyone could pay tuition before Trv process, some schools won't even accept you until u make a tuition.
Flight ticket? That's just not necessary... Absolutely wrong when u aint going for visitation.
Equally see flight tickets as to be over zealous, as per tuition fees though it is expressly stated on cic site that students pay at their own risk, if school demand for part or full tuition by given a mandate, nothing a student could do than to pay having perused their refund policy. Meanwhile if such students refuse to pay before the laps of the madate, the said school could equally deny you not to be their student for failure to pay tuition.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jadapinket13(f): 9:53am On Sep 30, 2013
Flight ticket

PM me, I need to ask you some questions, then I can see where you went wrong, and think of the solution.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efosa12345(m): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2013
jadapinket13:
PM me, I need to ask you some questions, then I can see where you went wrong, and think of the solution.
But it is wise to do the correction here peep so that others could learn from it

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ahmedonia4real(m): 10:11am On Sep 30, 2013
jadapinket13:

Let everyone here see what u have to say here so that others can learn from it.
Hope u are not trying to act Film?
JUSTSAYING
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 30, 2013
adewaleafolabi:

Sorry about your lost files; that ish is painful.

What method(s) did you attempt to recover them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:19am On Sep 30, 2013
Flight ticket

.....Bro not a bad one.....ur course onpoint(checked)....did u submit landed properties(unchecked)....u have funds for ur tuition and fees(checked)....bros why u add flight ticket na?....dats kinda like desperate move to me.....bro the applicaton isnt a bad one...if u'r capable of beefing d money up more then that would do....apply online this time...canadian based VO's are really nice in making decisions....Dem don frustrate the Lagos based VO's tire so they look for d slightest mistake in visa applications.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jadapinket13(f): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2013
ahmedonia4real:

Let everyone here see what u have to say here so that others can learn from it.
Hope u are not trying to act Film?
JUSTSAYING
Sometimes some people are not able to open up because it's a public site. And mind you, what do you mean by acting film? I didn't come on this site to get rude messages from anyone,I only came to share my experience and to encourage others. I have nothing to lose. So be warned.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:35am On Sep 30, 2013
jadapinket13:
Sometimes some people are not able to open up because it's a public site. And mind you, what do you mean by acting film? I didn't come on this site to get rude messages from anyone,I only came to share my experience and to encourage others. I have nothing to lose. So be warned.
.....Jadapinket i love ur spirit...u're really willing to help...but please put into consideration that ChriGo too is also a learner grin....the dude needs help so he doesnt have a choice than to open up....if he doesnt open up it doesnt stop you from choping ur visa dear, so just treat his matter here so that everyone can learn.....i started like u when i came here and believe me dem frustrate me tire and still frustrating me sef....lol....so u will get loads of insults along the line.....lol.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.