Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489569 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 10:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
I knew the thread will be filling up fast when i saw it had hit frontpage...

Wishing everyone going for interview soon God's Favor. I prophesy that you all shall come back with sweet testimonies in Jesus name.

@BigFrancis21 - How far bro?... i'm eagerly waiting for your testimony ooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olagov: 10:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
House! I need a template of sponsor's letter (justbuddie2@gmail.com),i will appreciate it.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
ola_gov: House! I need a template of sponsor's letter (justbuddie2@yahoo.com),i will appreciate it.thanks

Mail not correct.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
babsharon:

Sent

Keep up the good work bro... wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 11:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
olarwarlay:

Keep up the good work bro... wink

Olarwarlay !!! Obamaland is calling you ....lolxxx
With Ur sweet mouth those white chick go enjoy Ur parole !!! Baba imperiouxx has given u moral.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by b03liberty(m): 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
babsharon:

Mail not correct.
and GRE/IELT material bros. biodun03liberty@gmail.com. Bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 11:16pm On Jul 16, 2013
b03liberty: and GRE/IELT material bros. biodun03liberty@gmail.com. Bless you.

†̥o get d materials, send an empty mail †̥o selfstudy360@gmail.com. You will receive response that will direct you †̥o the link †̥o download them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
babsharon:

Olarwarlay !!! Obamaland is calling you ....lolxxx
With Ur sweet mouth those white chick go enjoy Ur parole !!! Baba imperiouxx has given u moral.

Sweet mouth? cheesy cheesy That got me laughing real hard...

It's not sweet mouth my brother, a good fellowship and relationship with God makes you humble, even to your younger ones.

Yeah, obamaland is calling me... Making final arrangements as to leaving soon. smiley

God bless You bro wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by xtus(m): 12:31am On Jul 17, 2013
babsharon:

Mail not correct.

Cletus161@yahoo.com boss abeg help me with d affidavit format. Thanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by e4e5d4d5: 12:32am On Jul 17, 2013
Hey people.Please can someone help me with this. . . .If u have gotten an approved emergency request,what are d next steps u need to take at ur visa appointment account.I am asking this because i have an approved emergency request but my account just shows the following :'Your Emergency Request has been approved' and I dnt knw wat further steps 2 take.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by batteryempty(m): 1:05am On Jul 17, 2013
Hello house, all the ogas, I hail unna oo.

Pls I need the sponsor's letter templates.

Greg.borowskeen@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 1:10am On Jul 17, 2013
Ricky Rozay: Hello guys I just felt I should share with everyone preparing to go for interview some useful Tips about the US student Interview...

HINTS, TIPS AND PREPARATIONS

1. Pay Sevis fee by relatives in the states or online at www.fmjfee.com. This is compulsory for all students that will be going to the states for study. The payment receipt will be sent to you and should be taken to the embassy as part of the supporting documents.

2. Look straight into the eyes of the interviewing officer throughout when answering the questions because this shows sign of confidence. However, you are not to show over confidence.

3. Dress formally. If you are male, make sure to put on shirt that will enable you stork-in and look formal.

4. At the point of interview, make sure to salute the consular office first and not allow him/her salute you first.

5. At the interview section, make sure to listen very attentively. This is because the American English is twisted (queens English). You must hear what the officer ask you at once. This gives the sign that you as a student will cope with lectures. Don’t allow the officer ask one question twice before you get what he/she is asking. So, you have to extra-ordinarily attentive.

6. Be formal at your answers. Straight to the point of the question asked and smile where necessary.

7. The interview takes very few minutes, not up to 5mins but at most 5mins. The interviewing officer will want to rush you up but you have to pretend as if you are a slow talker in order to slow down the officer to answer the questions correctly and accurately.

8. Please, never let poverty show on you or never portray to the officer that you will not come back to Nigeria.

9. Don’t give answer that will generate other questions. If you do, questions will be generated from the answers you provide.

10. Never let the officer see traveling ambition or anxiety in you or on your face.

11. You must have taken int’l exams e.g. Toefl, SAT, Gmat etc. If your school doesn’t require it as prerequisite for admission, the embassy will definitely ask for it. Its important you have one or most or all of it.

Finally, when answering questions, please do not answer as you have lectured to give ready-made answers. Even though you already know answers to most questions, you must try as much as possible to answer as if you hearing the questions for the first time. Otherwise, you visa will be denied simply because you are giving ready-made answers.

Your composition. You must compose yourself at the interview. No using of offensive language. You can simply answer questions you are not sure of by saying you do not have full idea on it.

THE MAIN INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND THEIR RIGHT ANSWERS

What is your name?

Q: What are you going to do in the United States or what is your purpose of wanting to travel to the United States

Answer: I want to go to the United States for studies.

What are you going to study in the US?
A: Tell him/her your major of study

Which school are you going to study at?
A: Tell him/her your school name. Further questions might be on the address of the school.

VO: How did you get to know about the school of your choice?

Answer: I got it and registered online/online research. Please, never tell the officer you got it through your relatives. They will assume your relative want to use it to bring you to the US. Furthermore, you can say, after getting the school, you then told your uncle about it and he accepted to pay the application fee and get the necessary information for you and also accepted to be your sponsor.

VO: How long are you staying in the US?

A: if your course is 2years, tell them 24months and if its 3years, tell them its 36months

VO: Why did you choose this school?

Answer: I chose this school because they have a well structured course curriculum that suits my career goal. (Go on your school website and find something unique about your school and build this point)

VO: Did you apply to only this school or why did you applied to only this school?

Answer: No, I didn’t apply to only this school; I applied to 3 schools altogether. You might be asked to mention the rest. Just prepare to say the name of any other existing school in the US but please make sure all the schools you mentioned are NOT in the same state. Because if they are all in the same state, it is a RED flag to the VO.. The VO will smell something fishy...and he will assume a relative is using this medium as means to smuggle you to the US.

How many gave you admission?

A: Just mention 2.. If you tell them you applied to 4 schools, you mention 3 admits..

VO: Why did you choose you course of study or why did you decide to study this course?

Answer: The prospect for my major (mention your course) is extremely high in Nigeria and there is lack of professionalism in the industry.

VO: When did you graduate your school: either secondary or first degree?

Answer: tell him/her the year and date

VO: Since then up till now, what have you being doing?

Answer: Never tell them you have being doing something that is not relevant to your education. Find a suitable way to close th gap.. And whatever you use to close th gap must be relevant to your intended major.

VO: What will you do after your studies in the US or what will you do with you degree after studies in the US?

This is the most technical aspect of your interview that makes them determine whether you wish to run to the US or you will come back to Nigeria.

Answer: I will come back to my country and introduce the modern technologies of my profession into the industry in order to contribute to the industrial development of my country.

VO: Did you take any Standarlized test?

A: Yes I did. I took (mention the exams……..TOEFL, SAT, GRE, etc). You might be asked to produce the documents and they will definitely track it……if it’s the online type you did.

Your sponsor and the bank statement. Who are you sponsors? He is my uncle/father/stepfather/aunty. It must have a very close relation for the person to have accepted to sponsor your education. You sponsor can also give you other relevant vital documents that will support you such as landed properties, company registration, shares investment or business investment and importantly, Tax clearance. However, if all of this is not available, just go with the bank statement of you sponsor.

What does he/she do for a living? Tell the lucrative profession or business.

Your personal bank statement?

A: You must show them and the bank ID card because its part of your ties to your country that you will come back. Even though you don’t have cash in the account, just print that statement of account that looks like payroll showing your bank transaction from the date the account was opened till the date of your interview. Its better that way.

Your SEVIS fee, did you pay your SEVIS fee?
A: Yes. You must have paid and gotten the receipt before you interview date otherwise the security will not even allow you into the embassy. Give them the receipt and they can confirm that online and track it.

IF YOU CAN GET ALL QUESTIONS CORRECTLY TO THE POINT THAT YOU ARE BEING ASKED THE SEVIS FEE. BE REST ASSURED THAT YOU ARE GETTING THE VISA BECAUSE, SEVIS FEE IS THE LAST THEY USUALLY ASK AND THEY ASK THOSE THEY ARE READY TO ISSUE VISA TO. ALTHOUGH THEY KNOW IF YOU PAY THE FEE OR NOT.

THE NEXT STATEMENT YOU HEAR IS, PICK UP YOUR VISA………. Usually two (2) business day after your interview and the interviewing officer will give you a pick up ticket that you will bring when coming to collect the visa and he/she will collect you international passport in place for the Visa.

Hence, don’t rejoice in the presence of the Visa officer. The best you can say is, THANK YOU SIR, AM GRATEFUL. You can rejoice outside and make merry, drink or shark up yourself to stupor if you like.

With all this instructions and all documents in place, I see your Visa in your hand. Kindly let me know how everything went thereafter.

GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATULATIONS

BRO WITH WHAT YOU HAVE ON HERE NOW....IT WILL REALLY HELP ME SO MUCH AND I AM REALLY GETTING PREPARED...But am still concerned about my SAT Broo..i am 19yrs old going for an Undergraduate studies in computer science...my first interview in december my response to the VO...failed me because i was so scared nd the second interview i almost got my visa but the last question i had was that do you have SAT immediately i said no...in about few seconds she just said i am sorry i wont be able to grant ur visa...so when i got home i told my brodaz,they old me i prolly because of the SAT.so i went to seat for the SAT Exam and the result didnt come up online till now and it is too late for me to take another SAT again,so i did the TOEFL AGAIN nd i got 48 in that...But i am thinking if the VO ask me now that do i have the SAT?Because i know if i say i dont have the SAT It is another automatic Refusal again...so i really need a very Good and reasonable Answer to this question in this kinda situation bro...pls let me know bro...God Bless

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OpeThanks: 2:55am On Jul 17, 2013
Bimmey: My interview is tomorrow morning,i have read again n again n gotten alot of answers on my mind but my heart is beating fast.God i need divine favor.God'l grant all of us our heart desires!

Almost everybody gets nervous at the thought of facing the VO (you don't want to mess up this one chance). However, the fact that you are worried does not help in any way. You can only help yourself by believing in your preparation while trusting God for favor.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 3:42am On Jul 17, 2013
teexzle:
Do phd applicants write gre too
Yes o, but the GRE is just one out of several thing they consider...SOP & CGPA(very imp) especially if u don't have Masters dergree
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smartguy1759: 4:52am On Jul 17, 2013
ApachaiHopachai: About to leave oh..we would talk from Obama Land....cheers guys.
Save journey bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Bimmey(m): 5:46am On Jul 17, 2013
At the embassy now,still outside waiting with confidence.God is good

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zynnnie: 6:50am On Jul 17, 2013
[quote author=Bimmey]At the embassy now,still outside waiting with confidence.God is good.

Oya receive ginger........go and shine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 6:55am On Jul 17, 2013
Bimmey: At the embassy now,still outside waiting with confidence.God is good
Bro go collect üŗ visa from them, ñä üŗ own.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 7:15am On Jul 17, 2013
If your faith is as small as a mustard seed, you can say to the VO: hand me the Visa for it is mine!. According to the word of God in Jeremiah 33:3 ' ‎​call unto me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you know not'. Oya, say a word of prayer and you will live to remember this day IJN. Best of luck in your chat with the VO.... Patiently waiting for your success story.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:26am On Jul 17, 2013
flynbird:

BigFrancis can I still go with this option? I mean my cousin using his name to make the sevis fee payment then I email for a change for a change of name

I think its a bit weird that they are asking for the senders name instead of the name of the sevis number's owner. Since you have not much time left I'd suggest you pay right here in Nigeria through g.i.e.v.a. They'll charge you N10,500 on top of the normal N32,000 fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:28am On Jul 17, 2013
2 of my guys are at the embassy now. One at Lagos embassy, the other at Abuja embassy. Both are members of this thread. Wishing both of you success!!!

I expect your success stories in a couple of hours. cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:30am On Jul 17, 2013
olarwarlay: I knew the thread will be filling up fast when i saw it had hit frontpage...

Wishing everyone going for interview soon God's Favor. I prophesy that you all shall come back with sweet testimonies in Jesus name.

@BigFrancis21 - How far bro?... i'm eagerly waiting for your testimony ooooo

I'll be going very very soon. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 7:52am On Jul 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Francolino! I can't wait to read your 30secs Visa interview!!. Wish you all the best as you go very very soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 8:28am On Jul 17, 2013

Success my dear brother!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:38am On Jul 17, 2013
xtus:

Cletus161@yahoo.com boss abeg help me with d affidavit format. Thanx

Sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 8:39am On Jul 17, 2013
Wishing Bigfrancis all d best. U knw u gonna get ur visa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 8:40am On Jul 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Nwanem, visa nkeyi adiga settled !
Just go and pick it up..... Success in advance to you Biggs!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:40am On Jul 17, 2013
batteryempty: Hello house, all the ogas, I hail unna oo.

Pls I need the sponsor's letter templates.

Greg.borowskeen@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

Sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 9:09am On Jul 17, 2013
Rick Rokay you've got mail since yesterday...Check it out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 17, 2013
@Flyingbird, you've got mail.. I need the Toefl CD, i'm writing the test on the 26th (nextweek friday) I stay in Ibadan too..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:14am On Jul 17, 2013
I have a friend here on nairaland going to the Abuja Embassy today for his Visa interview..

I wish you success man.. God's favour shall be upon you today. We have worked on many issues together, can't wait for you to get the Visa...

Go make us proud and bring home the Visa!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 9:19am On Jul 17, 2013
'We offer academic scholarships to international students who score certain SAT or ACT scores, in combination with their high school GPA'

I got this from a sch in Texas where i am applying to for undergrad studies. How do the calculate GPA using SSCE/WAEC? Sm1 pls help o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.