Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488284 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
Congrats @ all 4 of u!!! Enjoy ur USA. @Walspring, it is well. Just reapply and the Visa is yours.cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sahlau(m): 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
Legend in da house, Has anyone got admission to tamu as a transfer student? if so pleas
e advice me, am applying as a transfer student with my hnd.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Spanishmario(m): 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
Plz guruz in da house...kindly ave ur say on any of dis universities...going 4 a graduate program
*TAMU
*wichita university
*Murray state university
*Troy University
fenkzzz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by xtus(m): 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
@ all, please i need more advice and info about this TROY UNIVERSITY.

Bros imperiouxx, ojap, big francis, GboyegaD, ricky rozay ur candid input are all needed. Thankz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
sahlau: Legend in da house, Has anyone got admission to tamu as a transfer student? if so pleas
e advice me, am applying as a transfer student with my hnd.

I will suggest you write the graduate school first to be sure that with you cannot be given graduate admission with your HND and then they can advise on what is needed to get your 2nd bachelors as your case is treated on a case by case basis.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by omgstar(m): 4:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
kingcobra2003: VISA APPROVED AFTER A VERY LENGTHY INTERVIEW. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU FAM.

Congrats!!! Am very happy for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FutureDon(m): 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
xtus: @ all, please i need more advice and info about this TROY UNIVERSITY.

Bros imperiouxx, ojap, big francis, GboyegaD, ricky rozay ur candid input are all needed. Thankz

Why are you repeating this question for God's sake. This post has been addressed already nah. Abeggy jare...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FutureDon(m): 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2013
Spanishmario: Need ur opinion on dese universities
*Murray State University
**Wichita University
***State University of NJ
fenkzzz guruz in da house

My opinion is that all those Universities are in America. Common man, you are going for graduate studies.

Congrats to those forum members who got their visas today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
eduson002: Visa Status:Approved. Thank God
Congrats man on ur visa approval
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2013

Bro, I just ran a check on your university and I found out that it is a Public university, which means it a good school.

Most public universities are good and are funded by the government.. So nothing to worry about bro.. Why u dey fear.. Lol!!!

But if you notice that most of all the universities which the Gurus talk here on nairaland and warn peeps to keep off because they are seen as a RED flag at the Embassy are privately funded and owned by private individuals. Like for example Virginia International University and Everest university.

So any university which is a State university or Public university is Always a GOOD and ACCEPTABLE school at the Embassy..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
Pls where am I to pick up my visa? Can't really remember where the VO said I should pick it up from but I guess VI or something was what she said. When filling my appointment I requested for Ikeja as pick up location. I got this email the next day after my interview. Does this mean its ready yet? And I can go pick it up? How do I get to this location in the email?

------------------
Dear Flynbird,

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is XXXXX**

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

Ikeja - Lagos, No: 16, Billings Way, Ikeja, Lagos

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
midi20: Visa now approved at lagos. Make I go for boat cruising, I dey come. All I can say ia alamdulilahi. Big francais, show ur face. Imperiouxx, no shayo, ramadan dey oo

CONGRAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
FIZIK: VISA APPROVED

Congrats on ur visa approval
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
kingcobra2003: VISA APPROVED AFTER A VERY LENGTHY INTERVIEW. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU FAM.
Congrats on ur visa approval
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
flynbird: Pls where am I to pick up my visa? Can't really remember where the VO said I should pick it up from but I guess VI or something was what she said. When filling my appointment I requested for Ikeja as pick up location. I got this email the next day after my interview. Does this mean its ready yet? And I can go pick it up? How do I get to this location in the email?

------------------
Dear Flynbird,

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is XXXXX**

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

Ikeja - Lagos, No: 16, Billings Way, Ikeja, Lagos

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng.

If you received a text message on your phone as well from Visa Services which states; "Document ready for pick up"

Then I wil say your passport is ready.. Did you receive a text message on your mobile phone?

Because Passports are being processed in 3 working days after the day of your interview.

I received the same email with you as well and I also received a text message as well too.

I chose ikeja as my pick up location but you will have to go to their New location for pick up..

They don't use the ikeja location anymore..

So you will need to go to DHL office at Oshodi apapa Isolo, New airport road.. Lagos...

That's where I picked up my Visa..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2013

Troy is good like those good guys told you. A younger brother once applied there but later settled for bowling green.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
flynbird: Pls where am I to pick up my visa? Can't really remember where the VO said I should pick it up from but I guess VI or something was what she said. When filling my appointment I requested for Ikeja as pick up location. I got this email the next day after my interview. Does this mean its ready yet? And I can go pick it up? How do I get to this location in the email?

------------------

I'm sure your "G" would have started missing you already...... heya! I feel for him cry

Cuddle him amorously before leaving Nigeria oo

At least that will keep the good memories ringing in his head. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 5:18pm On Jul 29, 2013

Congrats bro.... Welcome to USA..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

If you received a text message on your phone as well from Visa Services which states; "Document ready for pick up"

Then I wil say your passport is ready.. Did you receive a text message on your mobile phone?

Because Passports are being processed in 3 working days after the day of your interview.

I received the same email with you as well and I also received a text message as well too.

I chose ikeja as my pick up location but you will have to go to their New location for pick up..

They don't use the ikeja location anymore..

So you will need to go to DHL office at Oshodi apapa Isolo, New airport road.. Lagos...

That's where I picked up my Visa..
I haven't received a text message yet. Just this email which I got the next day after my interview around 5pm. When did you receive your email and text message?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by xtus(m): 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ricky Rozay: My Phone just crashed but I have fixed it up and I have lost all my BBM contacts..

To some lovly peeps here who previously had me on his/her BBM contact should please Re-Add me back..

Thanks guys....

You Got Mail....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2013
flynbird:
I haven't received a text message yet. Just this email which I got the next day after my interview around 5pm. When did you receive your email and text message?

My flynbird don start again oooo.

You filled Ikeja, then you go to billing in Ikeja, Oregun side. If your resumption is fast approaching you can be called quicker than someone whose resumption is still like a month from when the visa was approved. So, individual case is different.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
imperiouxx:

My flynbird don start again oooo.

You filled Ikeja, then you go to billing in Ikeja, Oregun side. If your resumption is fast approaching you can be called quicker than someone whose resumption is still like a month from when the visa was approved. So, individual case is different.

Oh ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
imperiouxx:

I'm sure your "G" would have started missing you already...... heya! I feel for him cry

Cuddle him amorously before leaving Nigeria oo

At least that will keep the good memories ringing in his head. kiss

Lool. You're not serious
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 5:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
eduson002: Visa Status:Approved. Thank God

Wow!!! Congrats bro.. God is so wonderful..

I remember your interview date was previously slated for 27th of June last month and you couldn't meet up for the interview because your i-20 package didn't arrive early, so you had to reschedule your date to another day..

And you were worried, but I told you to calm down that God has a reason for everything bro...

You can see for yourself now.. You have gotten your US Visa, who knows if you have applied on the 27th of June last month, you might be DENIED....

So every dissapointment is a Blessing...

Congrats once again bro.. Welcome to USA......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
flynbird:

Lool. You're not serious

Ehn! It's because I read your mind. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
Spanishmario: Plz guruz in da house...kindly ave ur say on any of dis universities...going 4 a graduate program
*TAMU
*wichita university
*Murray state university
*Troy University
fenkzzz

What term for the bold cos if its for spring '14, am afraid you just have two days to the deadline for international applicants.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
flynbird:

Then I must say your Visa is not yet ready... I did my interview on Monday 22nd of July and I received a text message on my phone and an email too at the same time on the 24th of July, Wednessday evening.. So I went to pick up my Visa on the 25th of July, Thursday..

So I think you should be a little patient so you don't go for nothing and waste transport fare...

Just count 3 working days from the day of your interview, then you can head straight to the DHL location I provided above and pick up your Visa...

You might even receive a text message b4 then self... But I hope you filled in a VALID phone number....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by CaptJHMiller: 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
iamchux:

Send your email, I have a 6MB sized TOEFL study guide I used during my time but I will advice you to print it out so as not to damage your eye staring on your laptop
Abuapply99@gmail.com

Please is it going to be enough or I need to source for other materials?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
elkharpone: bigfrancis kindly reply my question...need to do this emergency stuff today

I've been busy all day. Someone addressed this issue a few pages back. You could have gone few pages back to read it.

Anyway, here's it:
Find Out!:

After choosing the emergency option on your visa booking page (which will only be visible after you book an appt date even if it is in 2015), you fill the form, attach your i-20 and SEVIS fee receipt ( I attached just the money order receipt in my case as the main receipt wasnt available then), you'll be contacted via email after 2-3 days that your request was successful and you should go back to the site to reschedule your appt.

So you go back to the site, (you.ll see a notification on top of the dashboard page that your request has been approved), cancel your appointment in order to reschedule another and then you'll see plenty dates available for you from August 1st (in my case), so choose any.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2013

The university is a public research university and its ok to apply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
Spanishmario: Plz guruz in da house...kindly ave ur say on any of dis universities...going 4 a graduate program
*TAMU
*wichita university
*Murray state university
*Troy University
fenkzzz

All of them are average public research universities. Though I'm not sure if you can meet up with the spring term as the deadline for many schools has passed. If you're looking at fall 2014, then you can go ahead and apply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.