Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:20 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489957 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 10:14pm On Oct 05, 2013
De Tus: @Kunlebal, lol. Does your phone have memory card? Why the heck on passport photos? You really have to think smart. Take a snapshot with your phone, then go to any photo studio, tell them you want 2 by 2 passport photos for the US Embassy.

That's NOT a good idea bro... Let him go to a good Studio and take the appropriate Passport Photograph Size...

Don't you know they look at many things in a Passport Photogrtaph.. US Passport Photograph has Requirements and if you DON'T meet that Requirement, you can get Bounced.

It is NOT something you can just take inside your Cupboard.. Excellence really matters.. Do things Orderly and in a very Good Manner in other to send a good Signal and Impression to the VO..

@Kunlebal go to a Good photo studio, Like the one i gave you today @ Ikeja and take your Passport Photograpgh there..

Be careful bro so you DON'T get Bounced @ the US Embassy due to Wrong Passport photograph you submitted @ the Embassy..

1k won't Kill you.. Choose Wisely bro... We are talking about the US Embassy which will determine the Next Level you advance in your Life and NOT a job interview at a Palm wine Joint....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 11:48pm On Oct 05, 2013
imperiouxx:

We are saying the same thing. ESL doesn't count for CC. Every university offers ESL program, almost for those int'ls which TOEFL was waived for while the school requires strong knowledge of English Language. You should be fine with the school but pre-courses usually make me nervous. ESL is a pre-course for any course.
Gracias boss but still left to do. In my DS I filled I never put my working status there meanwhile I currently work in a bank also I never put my current program am doing in one private university. So my question now is that can I tell d VO if probably asked ties to my country that my work is there and my uni program. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 12:02am On Oct 06, 2013
Amefrica: cool Glad to be back... I missed the house. grin

#OnTheWayToTheTop smiley wink
Amefrica, i beg which nipost u go collect ur I-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 12:26am On Oct 06, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

NOT a job interview at a Palm wine Joint....

Lol! This got me cracking, he (Kunle) knows that "What's worth doing is worth doing well"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 3:17am On Oct 06, 2013
Eshe gan sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 4:36am On Oct 06, 2013
fadinus:
Lol! This got me cracking, he (Kunle) knows that "What's worth doing is worth doing well"
Yes Oº°˚˚°ºo my brother, what's worth doing is worth doing well cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 4:44am On Oct 06, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

That's NOT a good idea bro... Let him go to a good Studio and take the appropriate Passport Photograph Size...

Don't you know they look at many things in a Passport Photogrtaph.. US Passport Photograph has Requirements and if you DON'T meet that Requirement, you can get Bounced.

It is NOT something you can just take inside your Cupboard.. Excellence really matters.. Do things Orderly and in a very Good Manner in other to send a good Signal and Impression to the VO..

@Kunlebal go to a Good photo studio, Like the one i gave you today @ Ikeja and take your Passport Photograpgh there..

Be careful bro so you DON'T get Bounced @ the US Embassy due to Wrong Passport photograph you submitted @ the Embassy..

1k won't Kill you.. Choose Wisely bro... We are talking about the US Embassy which will determine the Next Level you advance in your Life and NOT a job interview at a Palm wine Joint....

Noted pally but that palm wine joint still dey make me laugh. Even fadinus still dey laugh too.
Thanks all the same, I will check the studio next week by God grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 06, 2013
oyetpel:
Amefrica, i beg which nipost u go collect ur I-20?

General post office, Dugbe, Ibadan.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 7:20am On Oct 06, 2013
Amefrica:

General post office, Dugbe, Ibadan.
Tanx, how much u use collect am? SMSU av sent my I-20 since aug 28, but avn't gotten a call 4rm nipost, and i av just lost my sim dat is on my address.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 06, 2013
oyetpel:
Tanx, how much u use collect am? SMSU av sent my I-20 since aug 28, but avn't gotten a call 4rm nipost, and i av just lost my sim dat is on my address.

I'm very sure you'll find it there.. Where do you stay in Ibadan ? The I-20 is sure has landed. Lemme know the area so, I can direct you to the appropiate post office..

Cheers! Fellow Mustang..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 9:21am On Oct 06, 2013
Morning friends,

Please if u have someone coming to 9ja from the US could u please let me know asap via PM? I need to receive a package. Urgent! Thanks in anticipation of your prompt responses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 9:57am On Oct 06, 2013
Amefrica:

Thanks man, i appreciate.. Everything happens for a reason.
wink
you're most welcome smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by WildChild00(m): 12:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
Congratulations to everyone who has gotten his/her student visa approved, I will be joining you guys pretty soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
godG: Morning friends,

Please if u have someone coming to 9ja from the US could u please let me know asap via PM? I need to receive a package. Urgent! Thanks in anticipation of your prompt responses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 1:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tochium:

Don't u think TOEFL is enough standardize test?

To some Peeps taking ONLY TOEFL is Enough..

But MY Policy is SAT for Undergraduate Or GRE or GMAT for Students going in for Masters...

Although Some students who tender just Only TOEFL as Standarlized test @ the embassy also scale through....

But You Never can tell the VO you will meet that day.. I have seen so many cases whereby some VOs SHUN AND IGNORE students who Just took the TOEFL only..

They want to also see students taking SAT for Undergraduate and GRE or GMAT for Masters students..

If you have the Money I will STRONGLY recommend you take the Two test! Both SAT and TOEFL if you going for Undergraduate Studies and GRE/GMAT and TOEFL if you going for Masters...

But If you don't have Much Finance, Take ONLY SAT for Undergraduate and For Masters take ONLY GRE/GMAT.

That will be much ACCEPTABLE @ the Embassy...

I don't know why you guys keep avoid taking SAT, GRE, GMAT and will prefer taking Just ONLY TOEFL..

Even this TOEFL of a Test is more expensive and twice the amount for the SAT test...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

To some Peeps taking ONLY TOEFL is Enough..

But MY Policy is SAT for Undergraduate Or GRE or GMAT for Students going in for Masters...

Although Some students who tender just Only TOEFL as Standarlized test @ the embassy also scale through....

But You Never can tell the VO you will meet that day.. I have seen so many cases whereby some VOs SHUN AND IGNORE students who Just took the TOEFL only..

They want to also see students taking SAT for Undergraduate and GRE or GMAT for Masters students..

If you have the Money I will STRONGLY recommend you take the Two test! Both SAT and TOEFL if you going for Undergraduate Studies and GRE/GMAT and TOEFL if you going for Masters...

But If you don't have Much Finance, Take ONLY SAT for Undergraduate and For Masters take ONLY GRE/GMAT.

That will be much ACCEPTABLE @ the Embassy...

I don't know why you guys keep avoid taking SAT, GRE, GMAT and will prefer taking Just ONLY TOEFL..

Even this TOEFL of a Test is more expensive and twice the amount for the SAT test...

How long does it take for SAT to come out after the exam?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
I really don't know what to say now sad sad sad sad .

Don't despair Amefrica, God is in control... Keep being positive smiley smiley

Que Sera, Sera!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
kofsy: I really don't know what to say now sad sad sad sad .

Que Sera, Sera!!!

shocked My sister, Kofsy. Thanks so much! God has better plans for us. I know that happened for a reason best known to him..

I'm refiring the embassy very soon..

How have you been ?! I miss you, no lie. cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sholay2011(m): 3:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
kofsy: I really don't know what to say now sad sad sad sad .

Que Sera, Sera!!!
Kofsy, bawo ni? I'm writing my TOEFL this Friday. How your side?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
TOEFL IS EASY, GRE, SAT, AND GMAT NO BE BEANS HEN NA DIE HARD EXAMS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
sholay2011:
Kofsy, bawo ni? I'm writing my TOEFL this Friday. How your side?

Sholaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa shocked and you didn't tell me all this while? sad I thought we were in this together grin after OAU fall our hand cheesy cheesy cheesy

#Heartbroken sad whatsapp me shap shap before I vex more
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
Amefrica:

shocked My sister, Kofsy. Thanks so much! God has better plans for us. I know that happened for a reason best known to him..

I'm refiring the embassy very soon..

How have you been ?! I miss you, no lie. cool

Alright! All the best... Just make sure you do all that is necessary! We shall testify at the end of it all smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tochium:

20 days after the day of the test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tochium:

20 days after the day of the test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
kofsy:

Alright! All the best... Just make sure you do all that is necessary! We shall testify at the end of it all smiley

Amen! Thanks Sis'. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 8:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
Amefrica:

I'm very sure you'll find it there.. Where do you stay in Ibadan ? The I-20 is sure has landed. Lemme know the area so, I can direct you to the appropiate post office..

Cheers! Fellow Mustang..
I dey reside 4 Adegbayi. Adegbayi-alakia-iwo road side.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
oyetpel:
I dey reside 4 Adegbayi. Adegbayi-alakia-iwo road side.

Hmmmmmmm!! Do you have any post office near to ur house..??

I would advice you go to Dugbe or Gate post office.. That of gate should work.. You can check at anyone near your house shaa..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
@Hey Kofsy, what's up with your transcript? Have you got it yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tizzyberry: 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
justwise: Its that time again when we have to create part4 of this thread, part3 has reached 272 pages and need to be discontinued.

Please continue posting your enquiries and contributions here.

Part3 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/994108/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part3

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thank you

Na Drama ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
tizzyberry:

Na Drama ?

See this one! grin when part4 is also gonna end soon.. Moving to part 5.. cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
LWKMD
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 10:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
Walecrsyler: Pls house I need everyone's opinion here. I sent my admission package through USPS to my school in Minnesota, USPS was going to deliver them today but I got a mail from them that the school was locked probably due to the fact that today is a weeknd they wouldn't be opened for business but what is really bothering me is they said they returned the package to their office and if it's not claimed within five days that it's gonna be returned back to the sender.
Please everyone advise on what to do next. Abeg Una don't read and ignore.
God bless

bro my advise for you is to contact your school international admission office and inform them that USPS came to the school to drop your documents but the school was closed and USPS will have to return it if the school did not come to pick it up. So you gice them tracking # or details they can use to pick the documents from the USPS.
But the USPS suppose to drop the documetnt inside the school mail box if truly they went there. Abeg your school nah federal schol and dem don shut them down

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.