Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487952 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by pawn89(m): 4:50am On May 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

It's a good school, my application was rejected when hunting admissions....embarassed They said I'm not as good as those they give Biochemistry admission offer. angry angry

cool then, cos have been offered admission to study m.sc telecommunication and networking grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by klplus: 7:07am On May 07, 2013
Does the embassy accept IELTS(academic)? The schools I applied to actually accepted it in lieu of TOEFL, but I observed the house rarely spoke about it. Didn't anyone use IELTS to apply and @ embassy level. I have a 6.5 which is the minimum requirement for most schools. Gurus kindly comment on this. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 7:27am On May 07, 2013
klplus: Does the embassy accept IELTS(academic)? The schools I applied to actually accepted it in lieu of TOEFL, but I observed the house rarely spoke about it. Didn't anyone use IELTS to apply and @ embassy level. I have a 6.5 which is the minimum requirement for most schools. Gurus kindly comment on this. Thanks

Sure!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:30am On May 07, 2013
pawn89:

cool then, cos have been offered admission to study m.sc telecommunication and networking grin grin
Congrats!!!
What term and year?
Any funding?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:43am On May 07, 2013
klplus: Does the embassy accept IELTS(academic)? The schools I applied to actually accepted it in lieu of TOEFL, but I observed the house rarely spoke about it. Didn't anyone use IELTS to apply and @ embassy level. I have a 6.5 which is the minimum requirement for most schools. Gurus kindly comment on this. Thanks

IELTS IS ALSO ACCEPTABLE.cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RedReact: 9:47am On May 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

It's a good school, my application was rejected when hunting admissions....embarassed They said I'm not as good as those they give Biochemistry admission offer. angry angry
No, they dddn't reject you, they just shot thenselves on the leg by rejecting a great biochemist. Who told them you werent good? Dem paste shingum for eyes?
Success in your exams and to all other great compatriots IJN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RedReact: 9:49am On May 07, 2013
pawn89:

Did you do any certification?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bukahands(m): 9:59am On May 07, 2013
Please where can I get immunisation records, like vaccination for measles, mumps and polio
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by elkharpone: 10:07am On May 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

IELTS IS ALSO ACCEPTABLE.cheesy
Congratulations to you BIGFRANCIS...you've been a really great help to lots of people here on NL...you deserve it bro!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jonnyp(m): 12:47pm On May 07, 2013
please house i sent a mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com for toefl and sat material and no response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Adolite(m): 1:24pm On May 07, 2013
Adolite: House..One of my friend wishes to do his PHD in any related Project Management program and want me to suggest some schools for him but i dont really know much about it. Can someone pls suggest some nice schools for him. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by pawn89(m): 1:41pm On May 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Congrats!!!
What term and year?
Any funding?

fall semester 2013, no funding or am not sure about how to go about the funding. if theres anything you could say on that i'll appreciate. That is if its not already too late, however i think its a yearly thing so if i miss out on this year funding i should be prepared for the next.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 1:58pm On May 07, 2013
Congrats bigfrancis!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JayJsea: 3:08pm On May 07, 2013
caballerotosyno: Am so glad for people making it here. I wish you all the best in
Your interviews. Pls I wanna ask if its possible to choose different
Disciplines(courses) with different schools on d GRE registration. Thanks in
Anticipation

Yes boss, its possible to choose different courses in different schools. You no get wahala.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 07, 2013
jonnyp: please house i sent a mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com for toefl and sat material and no response

Use a gmail account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jonnyp(m): 3:49pm On May 07, 2013
ferdimako:

Use a gmail account.
thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 4:59pm On May 07, 2013
jonnyp: please house i sent a mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com for toefl and sat material and no response
Check your spam/bulk/junk ... you should have received it the exact time you sent the email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 5:00pm On May 07, 2013
ferdimako:

Use a gmail account.

Not compulsory ... works for all email providers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ak95: 5:06pm On May 07, 2013

@ Jonny, u can check ur spam box.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 07, 2013
webstradamus:

Not necessarily ... works for all email providers
Yeah! I got mine with yahoomail; and I got it almost instantly.
But can we get the link to Barrons? We have just "Cracking the GRE" and "Grubers"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lolabunny90: 5:41pm On May 07, 2013
Please can anyone tell me if there are any dates available for Lagos or Abuja for the last week of May or first week of June? I can't see the availability because I haven't paid my GT fee yet but I just want to know what it looks like.
I'm going to pay the fee tomorrow morning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by pawn89(m): 5:45pm On May 07, 2013
RedReact:
Did you do any certification?

nop, i didnt do any certification just my B.Sc grades and TOEFL i guess
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 07, 2013
webstradamus:

Not compulsory ... works for all email providers

I did not see it in my yahoo account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 6:35pm On May 07, 2013
ferdimako:

I did not see it in my yahoo account.

Kinda strange ... I just tested it with yahoomail again and it works as should. Can you try it again let me see if your mail gets here at all. Give me a sign so I know its you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 6:38pm On May 07, 2013
kofsy:
Yeah! I got mine with yahoomail; and I got it almost instantly.
But can we get the link to Barrons? We have just "Cracking the GRE" and "Grubers"

I don't have any links for Barron's, if anyone does let them email me so I can upload to the server.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by TLeo001: 8:03pm On May 07, 2013
@house... How una dey? please can someone make use of SAT score of 2011? I mean at the embassy and to secure admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:47pm On May 07, 2013
webstradamus:

I don't have any links for Barron's, if anyone does let them email me so I can upload to the server.

Here's the download link for barrons. http://www.2shared.com/document/_uQBmT5s/Barrons_gre_19th_edition.html

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 11:11pm On May 07, 2013
RedReact:
No, they dddn't reject you, they just shot thenselves on the leg by rejecting a great biochemist. Who told them you werent good? Dem paste shingum for eyes?
Success in your exams and to all other great compatriots IJN

You dey mind dem?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ivory23456(f): 11:17pm On May 07, 2013
@bigfrancis21: congrats on the visa approval o, i tap into your annointing grin God bless you.

@imperiouxx Oga I patiently await the reply to my mail. *...* Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 11:51pm On May 07, 2013
Thank GOD, wani good result ni agbara olorun hope u got my msg check ur "M"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 1:53am On May 08, 2013
ivory23456: @bigfrancis21: congrats on the visa approval o, i tap into your annointing grin God bless you.

@imperiouxx Oga I patiently await the reply to my mail. *...* Thank you.

I guess you meant congrats in advance, and yes, it's in order.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 4:36am On May 08, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Here's the download link for barrons. http://www.2shared.com/document/_uQBmT5s/Barrons_gre_19th_edition.html

Thanks ... uploaded and updated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.