Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487938 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 9:41pm On May 29, 2013
[quote author=poopppyLiillyy]

Congratulobia dear. mine is coming soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 10:18pm On May 29, 2013
Pls guys I need some answers.... Can my Friend in US use his Debit card VISA to register GRE and TOEFL for me here in Nigeria?.... If yes, how do I go about it?

Thank you for your response'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 10:32pm On May 29, 2013
conyema12: Pls guys I need some answers.... Can my Friend in US use his Debit card VISA to register GRE and TOEFL for me here in Nigeria?.... If yes, how do I go about it?

Yes he can! go to toefl website (www.toefl.org) register there. Send your username and password to him.
he will login and from there he can choose date for you and pay. i dont know about gre sha.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 29, 2013
conyema12: Pls guys I need some answers.... Can my Friend in US use his Debit card VISA to register GRE and TOEFL for me here in Nigeria?.... If yes, how do I go about it?

Well to answer your question, YES he can. How does he go about it, well you could always give him access to you Ets Gre account assuming you've already created one, provide him with details in order to fill the form, he then picks a suitable date and maybe centre then proceeds to payment with his card. I'm assuming you've already done all this and payment is where you stopped, in that case he just proceeds straight to payment. Same goesfor Toefl, your Ets Toefl account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 10:50pm On May 29, 2013
syahboy: Well to answer your question, YES he can. How does he go about it, well you could always give him access to you Ets Gre account assuming you've already created one, provide him with details in order to fill the form, he then picks a suitable date and maybe centre then proceeds to payment with his card. I'm assuming you've already done all this and payment is where you stopped, in that case he just proceeds straight to payment. Same goesfor Toefl, your Ets Toefl account

Thank you very much.. like you rightfully pointed out, I only need to make the payment..
thank you once again, you are a life saver Bro.

Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kassidy4luv(m): 7:24am On May 30, 2013
Texas A and M University or University of Texas, Are dey good in structural Engineering , cos i will be writting GRE and TOEFL soon , and wish to send my scores to dey skuls. any advice will be highly appreciated, for any skul dat is nt highly competitive in terms of admissions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:29am On May 30, 2013
Kassidy4luv: Texas A and M University or University of Texas, Are dey good in structural Engineering , cos i will be writting GRE and TOEFL soon , and wish to send my scores to dey skuls. any advice will be highly appreciated, for any skul dat is nt highly competitive in terms of admissions.
The two schools are really good. Top 20 schools infact, however, they are very selective so I hope your Gpa and Gre will be high enough. Throw in some safety schools like Texas Tech or UH if texas is where you really wanna be. When you're looking for cheap and high ranking UT austin and TAMU are the bomb. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kassidy4luv(m): 9:08am On May 30, 2013
Tanx bro, i really appreciate, i tink Texas has more to offer to me, dan any oda state. sorry wic skul is UH or is dia any oda skul, dat U tink is still cool dat is not in Texas?[quote
author=syahboy] The two schools are really good. Top 20 schools infact,
however, they are very selective so I hope your Gpa and Gre will be
high enough. Throw in some safety schools like Texas Tech or UH if texas
is where you really wanna be. When you're looking for cheap and high
ranking UT austin and TAMU are the bomb. Cheers![/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 9:43am On May 30, 2013
Kassidy4luv: Tanx bro, i really appreciate, i tink Texas has more to offer to me, dan any oda state. sorry wic skul is UH or is dia any oda skul, dat U tink is still cool dat is not in Texas?

UH is University of Houston. Another cool school is the University of Rhode Island.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 11:32am On May 30, 2013
cheesy@Kassidy4luv, Since you can't find a good school.

Let me suggest one cool school for you.

Why don't you try Harvard
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 11:34am On May 30, 2013
cheesy@Kassidy4luv, Since you can't find a good school.

Let me suggest one cool school for you.

Why don't you try Harvard. Lol!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 12:10pm On May 30, 2013
I was denied of F1 visa @ the Lagos embassy today. I already applied for B1/B2 visa late last year but denied also.

Here's how the interview went:

Interview lasted for about 10 minutes

VO: Good morning and may I have your documents (Smile)
Me : Good morning (smile). Sure (handed over my passport, appointment letter, I-20 and sevis receipt)

VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: To pursue Master's Degree in Telecommunications Eng... (Cut in... Oh it's student visa)
Took his time to check my I-20 and typed on the Computer.

VO: so which school?
Me: Uni of xyz

VO: why the school?
Me: Uni of xyz is a tier 1 University and is highly ranked especially in my field of study. I also gathered that uni of xyz offers intensive preparation for professional programs in the design, programming, theory and application of telecommunications network which suits my profession as a Network Engineer. (He didn't even listen to my story... Was still busy typing on the computer)

VO: what other schools did you apply?
Me: abc Uni, Uni of yyy and zzz Uni.

VO: wow okay! (He didn't ask me how many admit or reject...) Did u write any standardised test?
Me: Yes I wrote GRE and TOEFL

VO: May I see your GRE score card
Me: handed it to him
He typed on his computer and gave it back to me.

VO: when did u finish UG?
Me: 2011

VO: which University u finished from and what course did u study?
Me: University of Bleep and I studied Electrical Electronics Engineering.

VO: you are 2x years old right, can u tell me about your post secondary sch activities till date.
Me: I went to Polytechnics between 2004-2007 and University 2007-2011. Did nysc, wrote toefl, gre and some professional certifications and now am working.

(His colleague called him, He asked that I excused him and went to speak to his colleague... Don't know if it's about my case or someone else)

VO: okay! So where do you work?
Me: Bleep (an ICT firm) as the network infrastructure engineer.

VO: what will the Master's do for you?
Me: it will increase my technical skills and facilitate promotion and increased remuneration when I return back to the company.

VO: how much do you earn presently?
Me: 75,000

VO: what promotion will you get?
Me: as far as the IT Manager of the company.

VO: okay! So what salary would u get?
Me: (didn't prepare for this and sounded uncertain) about 250,000k per month.

VO: who will be funding your education?
Me: my Brother and ... Cut in (I wanted to mention my Dad too though he's only supporting with fixed assets

VO: what does He do?
Me: He's an international staff and currently the personnel manager of Bleep oil and gas serving company in Accra Ghana.

VO: sign of disbelief (May I see your financial documentation...) Gave to him documents showing the account statement, pay slip, letter of sponsorship and Work Attestation. He typed on his system and won't stop checking the account statement again and again as it's in USD and of course in a US bank in Texas. Do you have any relative in the US?
Me: Not any more. My brother used to work and live in the US but he has moved to Ghana on job transfer. However, as an int'l staff, he's paid in USD.

VO: kept on typing on the system for mins and nodding his head. (Guess this is when he's about taken a decision. He packed all my documents and in a sober voice, He reluctantly said, "... BUT AM SORRY, YOUR VISA CAN NOT BE ISSUED AT THIS TIME, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER"
Me: Deep sigh... Okay! Thank you and left.
Please where did I go wrong? What do I need to work on? I need your advice as am planning to reapply sometime in June/July. Applying for Fall term. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 12:30pm On May 30, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 12:30pm On May 30, 2013
@lisadem
Sorry about your denial. You did well in your interview. I think the denial has to do with your home ties. The VO probably sees your brother trying to get you into the US. People here barely use a foreign bank statement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sammmiey1: 12:46pm On May 30, 2013
Please,does anyone know where aviation school is situated in Akure please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 12:58pm On May 30, 2013
Those goin to d US for fall ..emirate still has a low rate...btw 135-140k Lagos to JFK...hurry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by log1(m): 12:59pm On May 30, 2013
samm_miey: Please,does anyone know where aviation school is situated in Akure please?

I've not heard that Akure has any aviation school, i may be wrong though. Even the airport in akr is bearly working. Dnt worry let me ask some folks, would get back to u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 1:01pm On May 30, 2013
samm_miey: Please,does anyone know where aviation school is situated in Akure please?

This thread is for US student visa.... Go to the education section or try this
https://www.nairaland.com/325415/aviation-school-akure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 30, 2013
Lol @lisadem... The 'bleep' thing made me laugh even when the situation does not permit.
I'm very sorry for your delay... You sure can reapply; just take your time.

I think the foreign account and probably your age '27' caused it...
(this days most prospective student for masters are within the 23-26 age bracket)

But why did you "bleep" the name of the university you had your undergraduate degree? #JustCurious

I'm sorry once again... sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 1:09pm On May 30, 2013
kofsy: Lol @lisadem... The 'bleep' thing made me laugh even when the situation does not permit.
I'm very sorry for your delay... You sure can reapply; just take your time.

I think the foreign account and probably your age '27' caused it...
(this days most prospective student for masters are within the 23-26 age bracket)

But why did you "bleep" the name of the university you had your undergraduate degree? #JustCurious

I'm sorry once again... sad

The age has nothing to do with graduate studies!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 30, 2013
Oooops!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 30, 2013
fittty:

The age has nothing to do with graduate studies!
Ok! My bad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 1:59pm On May 30, 2013
kofsy:
Ok! My bad
The names I concealed aint the issue. Trust me it's top-notch Uni in Naija. Just did for identity sake.
Please can I get more responses from the gurus in the house so I can know how to repackage when I reapply?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 2:00pm On May 30, 2013
kofsy:
Ok! My bad
Thanks nairalanders. The names I concealed aint the issue. Trust me it's a top-notch Uni in Naija. Just did for identity sake.
Please can I get more responses from the gurus in the house so I can know how to repackage when I reapply?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 30, 2013
pls help me oo.. Im a nigerian, n there is a woman in america who is willing to sponsor me. I passed all my subjects in waec, pls can someone just highlights all i need. Plus me n the woman r no where related, we met in kfc ilorin now she's bck to US. Can she also b my sponsor ? JAH BLESS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 2:33pm On May 30, 2013
@lisadem, i suggest you get another bank statement based in nigeria, and emphasize more on how the degree will help you in nigeria, mention specific companies or industry where the degree will posit you for.
Be optimistic...reapply and if asked about your brother, just state where he is now, dont say he used to be in US except if asked specifically. Be honest in ur responses.....all the best.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 2:49pm On May 30, 2013
lisadem:
The names I concealed aint the issue. Trust me it's top-notch Uni in Naija. Just did for identity sake.

You did well in your interview. Just get a local sponsor

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 2:55pm On May 30, 2013
Amefrica: pls help me oo.. Im a nigerian, n there is a woman in america who is willing to sponsor me. I passed all my subjects in waec, pls can someone just highlights all i need. Plus me n the woman r no where related, we met in kfc ilorin now she's bck to US. Can she also b my sponsor ? JAH BLESS
Are you reading this thread at all? Someone was just delayed probably because of a foreign sponsor who is RELATED to him,... Now you are here with a foreign sponsor who isn't even related to you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 30, 2013
fittty:
Are you reading this thread at all? Someone was just delayed probably because of a foreign sponsor who is RELATED to him,... Now you are here with a foreign sponsor who isn't even related to you!

So u mean it cant be possible ? Advice me pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 3:45pm On May 30, 2013
dkgetmuny: Those goin to d US for fall ..emirate still has a low rate...btw 135-140k Lagos to JFK...hurry

Emirates is so cheap! Lagos to Dubai and back (two-way flight) on economy is just $806 (N128,000)! So damn cheap!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 3:50pm On May 30, 2013

This same question you've been going from thread to thread to post, why can't you just simply use google?

this is to bring into the notice of the people of akure and its environs that an aviation school is now in akure. 4air world consults is the school that has decided to affiliate with anis international school of aviation and transport studies, lagos to give the people of akure and its environs a well qualified training in air ticketing and reservation.
this opportunity is available to school leavers, undergraduates and graduates, this is a very good opportunity to explore the aviation industry as opportunities are abound,

for more info call 07038230351 or 08035602663,
thanks
emmanuel
https://www.nairaland.com/325415/aviation-school-akure

The is the same google that I used to do a quick search and came up with this, in barely one minute. cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Leofric(m): 4:22pm On May 30, 2013
Greetings to all,please I need some assistance on these certain issues.
A̶̲̥̅♏ a student of a federal polytechnic about to graduate as hnd holder, A̶̲̥̅♏ really interested in study futher in the U.S,pls what do you think I should be preparing for nw.I would appreciate an ideas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.