Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,738 members, 7,862,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:55 PM

5 Things That Will Go Wrong If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things That Will Go Wrong If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015 (3278 Views)

I’ll Sack The 22 APC Chairmen Elected In Rivers – Wike / Gov Ahmed Re Elected In Kwara, As APC Clears The 28 Assembly Seats / Nigeria's First Female Governor Elected In Taraba State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things That Will Go Wrong If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015 by Eziachi: 8:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
Table Leg :

Oxford!Oxford!!Oxford!!! how many times did i call you?
You are deadout today ... Carry on running your mouth .... If you stop or dont stop, you are the product of your slutpot mother and your diseased goat father!
You are a disgrace to all idio...ts, retar.ds. wan...kers and tossers outhere
Oxford, may thunder strike you dead wherever you are and may Boko Haram blow your remains to smithereens .... Faccccccking idi.otic creature! cheesy
There is no need for all this. Your points will carry more weight than this if you can just make your point in civil way. He has the right to air his views and has done that without abusing anyone, even though I totally disagreed with his sentiments.
Re: 5 Things That Will Go Wrong If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015 by TableLeg(m): 8:34pm On Mar 20, 2013
Eziachi:
There is no need for all this. Your points will carry more weight than this if you can just make your point in civil way. He has the right to air his views and has done that without abusing anyone, even though I totally disagreed with his sentiments.
wink
Re: 5 Things That Will Go Wrong If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
Pitiably lopsided rogues all up on dis sh*t
Re: 5 Things That Will Go Wrong If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015 by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 21, 2013
Eziachi:
I thought you said that the people you mentioned are the brainchild, won't make sense then that when they come to power that the insurgent will stop, how is it going to be a filed day going by your own analysis?

I thought the election is won and lost, how is it denied as if someone give it or take it? And if the South-South restart their own wahala, whose brainchild would that be, since you subject the one now from the north to those you mentioned. In your opinion some insurgent are good and justified while others aren't? Is that your point?

Where do you get all this stuff and conjectures from? grin Nigeria from day one had always been all about upheaval, so what different does another doze makes? Its normal. What is one Nigeria without upheaval? Get over your self and your fear mongering.

So we don't have foreign debt as we speak? So you will complain if there is a !00% subsidy? Which anyway is highly unlikely- stop spreading fear. there is always another way. Men always resort to fear. when they run out of gas.
Its those benefitting from the so called economy worries about its collapse, to an average man on the street, things has always been the same as they don't know the difference between a Nigerian booming economy and a collapsing one.

This government is a continuous of the one that started since 1999, so by 2015 it will be 16 years old and you are rambling on about a road project unfinished in 16 years? A child born 16 years ago is now approaching manhood, getting ready for university education, can father a child, can be a mum to another human and in all those period, you cannot finish a road project that will be abandoned by another incoming govt?
More reason you have no business piloting peoples affairs in the first place as a government.

Most sensible thus far. Thanks guy. I dont entirely agree with your reponses but thats for another time. For the maintime, its gladdening to know there are still sane men here
Re: 5 Things That Will Go Wrong If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015 by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 21, 2013
Gamji007:

C'mon! Easy guy! Is it my fault that you are an iddioot?

Something tells me you are Abati's brother (product of same sex marriage)

I would rather be Abati's brother than be fathered by ape of an aboki that claim Boko is haram. What are doing on the net when your collegues are undoing training on burning schools and churches. Ewu hausa. Akuya
Re: 5 Things That Will Go Wrong If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015 by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 21, 2013
MISSING PERSON

NAME: K LEG - SORRY TABLE LEG

DESCRIPTION: LUNATIC, IMBEC-ILE. A RETARDEEN

CARRIES A DEADLY VIRUS - PLS BEWARE
Re: 5 Things That Will Go Wrong If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015 by wirinet(m): 9:11am On Mar 21, 2013
oxford: 1. BREAKDOWN OF LAW AND ORDER IN THE NORTH:
Current insecurity in the north will be a child’s play when a northerner becomes the president. This is easy to foresee as the JTF will be withdrawn totally from the north thereby creating a field day for the insurgents. As we all know this has been the desired of prominent northerners including the Sultan, Tambuwal, Borno elders and Elrufai.

2. RENEWED MILITANCY IN THE NIGER DELTA
For the first South- South president to be denied a second term will be interpreted to mean a continuation of the exploitation and injustice that the people of the region have been subjected to by the Nigeria state over the years. Of course the reaction of the youth of the region will be rightly or wrongly, to take up arms against the state. I foresee a scenario of zero oil revenue.

3. POLITICISING OF THE NIGERIAN ARM FORCES
Again we will witness a major retirement and redeployment of all those professionals spearheading the current fight against terrorism. Some of them will even face trails and jail. Outcome of all these will be hard to tell. Only time will tell whether Nigeria can survive the upheaval that will follow or not.

4. COLLAPSE OF THE ECONOMY.
To show that the new government is a “populist” and “a people’s” government new policies will be formulated like the restoration of 100% fuel subsidy, subsidizing of religions pilgrimages, increase in workers’ salaries, increase in allowance for the national assembly for “fighting Jonathan”. Needless to say that the Nigeria economy can’t sustain all these and the next resort will be foreign debt.

5. ABANDONEMENT OF PROJECTS
Most, if not all project current being executed by the FG will become abandoned projects – these will include the privatization of PHCN, new universities, Lagos-Ibadan road, Benin-Ore road, airports remodeling, and all South-South projects. This is to “to punish Jonathan and his boys”

The arguments here sound like it is coming from a fisherman or a palmwine tapper. It is irrational and only amounts to blackmail by Jonathan's tribesmen or people whose livelihood depends personally on Jonathan.

1. Why would a northerner president withdraw JTF? So that Boko Haram can bomb his home state, village, family and friends? Who had been more aggressive against Islamic militants in the past - northern or southern head of state? A northern president can act without fear of ethnic bais from the population unlike a southern president.

2. So denial of second term for Jonathan now equate to CONTINUATION of exploitation of the Niger delta? Honestly i do not know how you can link lack of presidency to exploitation. Are you saying villages and town that have produced presidency in the past do not show signs of exploitation? Please let me have your definition of exploitation.

This is just cheap blackmail. You people think you can blackmail Nigeria with militancy if we do not dash GEJ a second term. Let me bring you down to earth, NIGERIA DOES NOT OWE JONATHAN A SECOND TERM. If he presents himself for reelection, nigerians in general are free to accept or reject him.

Now about the threat of militancy, the military has the resources both human and material to level the whole of the ijaw militant are under 2 months, just like it can level boko haram controlled areas. The restraining factors are the civilian population and international restrains. That was why Yaradua offered amnesty, if the amnesty had been rejected or the militants reneged on the amnesty deal, i am sure most Ijaw areas would have gotten the Odi treatment without ta backlash from the international community.

3. About military postings, that is neither here nor there.

4. Economic collapse? Are you serious. Do you realise that nigeria had been "subsidizing" fuel for the past 40 years and the economy had not collapsed. Why is it now that the economy would collapse because of subsidy? Are you aware that most OPEC countries subsidize fuel? And their economy had not collapse. What collapse an economy is not subsidy but bad economic management and corruption. Government can give Nigeria cheap fuel if it has the political and management will to. We can build more refineries or contract foreign refineries to refine our 450,000 barrels per day local quota.
Re: 5 Things That Will Go Wrong If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015 by TableLeg(m): 10:09am On Mar 21, 2013
wirinet:

The arguments here sound like it is coming from a fisherman or a palmwine tapper. It is irrational and only amounts to blackmail by Jonathan's tribesmen or people whose livelihood depends personally on Jonathan.

1. Why would a northerner president withdraw JTF? So that Boko Haram can bomb his home state, village, family and friends? Who had been more aggressive against Islamic militants in the past - northern or southern head of state? A northern president can act without fear of ethnic bais from the population unlike a southern president.

2. So denial of second term for Jonathan now equate to CONTINUATION of exploitation of the Niger delta? Honestly i do not know how you can link lack of presidency to exploitation. Are you saying villages and town that have produced presidency in the past do not show signs of exploitation? Please let me have your definition of exploitation.

This is just cheap blackmail. You people think you can blackmail Nigeria with militancy if we do not dash GEJ a second term. Let me bring you down to earth, NIGERIA DOES NOT OWE JONATHAN A SECOND TERM. If he presents himself for reelection, nigerians in general are free to accept or reject him.

Now about the threat of militancy, the military has the resources both human and material to level the whole of the ijaw militant are under 2 months, just like it can level boko haram controlled areas. The restraining factors are the civilian population and international restrains. That was why Yaradua offered amnesty, if the amnesty had been rejected or the militants reneged on the amnesty deal, i am sure most Ijaw areas would have gotten the Odi treatment without ta backlash from the international community.

3. About military postings, that is neither here nor there.

4. Economic collapse? Are you serious. Do you realise that nigeria had been "subsidizing" fuel for the past 40 years and the economy had not collapsed. Why is it now that the economy would collapse because of subsidy? Are you aware that most OPEC countries subsidize fuel? And their economy had not collapse. What collapse an economy is not subsidy but bad economic management and corruption. Government can give Nigeria cheap fuel if it has the political and management will to. We can build more refineries or contract foreign refineries to refine our 450,000 barrels per day local quota.

Spot on.... Another brilliant analysis, reasoning and thinking ...
Another reason why the OP, "Oxford", fathered by a diseased goat and a lunatic mother, is a fu....cking retard from the same bloody riverine community as the dunce presiding over nothing in Aso Rock!
Re: 5 Things That Will Go Wrong If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015 by TableLeg(m): 10:11am On Mar 21, 2013
oxford:

Most sensible thus far. Thanks guy. I dont entirely agree with your reponses but thats for another time. For the maintime, its gladdening to know there are still sane men here
Dimwit .... You wont agree, why? because intellectually, you have nothing and mentally, you are seriously challenged ... Bloody basta....rd
You deserve to be diced up and your remains blown into smithereens with assorted home made bombs by irate militants!
Oloriburuku omo were!
Re: 5 Things That Will Go Wrong If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015 by chucky234(m): 10:16am On Mar 21, 2013
1. Northerners if elected will neutralise Boko Haram insurgent since they would want to prove a point while our clueless GEJ failed with his tactics.
2. There is certainly no subsidy in the first place,none in existence as its all scam.
3. Jona has no meaningful projects going,a new govt will approve of projects that benefits the ordinary Nigerians and have our funds properly utilised without allocating N1bn to himself as feeding allowance with additional N65m for dogs and cats in Aso Rock while Nigerians languish in poverty.
4. Niger Delta militants started behaving funny only when Jona was elected as Vice president,they will not be that selfish knowing fully well that they will be wiped off if they misbehave since Otueke man is more in charge,imagine the billions spent sending those touts abroad for skills acquisition while our able graduates roam freely in the streets searching for jobs. Those billions would have gone a long way to create jobs and reduce our unemployment rate,a new govt will certainly not be that stupid.
5. Any military officers old enough for retirement should be retired and replace with more competent and intelligent young officers,its done everywhere and I don't think the new govt will have problem handling that.
GEJ has never been effective in this regard as we all know how many Police IG and Chief of Army Staff that he has appointed so far,and that underlined his weakness in handling security issues by appointing incompetent officers to mann such sensitive and delicate posts.
In conclusion: nothing will go wrong if GEJ is now re-elected (which am sure of) by Nigerians as nothing has ever go right since he took over as president.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctor Was “not” Cured Of Ebola(the Doctor Never Had Ebola) / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Wins APC Presidential Primary / Oba Of Benin Snubbed Jonathan And Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.