Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram (676 Views)

We Have Clues On Boko Haram Sponsors - Nigerian Army / Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN / FG And Nigerian Military Describe CNN Report On Boko Haram As Satanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by Idokojimmy: 10:50am On Mar 19, 2013
On behalf of Nairalanders and those visiting this platform, I condemn the recent blast in Kano, and call on all relevant agencies and stakeholders to rise up to the occasion and address this concern.
First and foremost, as citizens, we have the right to life and to live in any part of the country. This right is sacrosanct and must be respected by all. It is unfortunate that the Boko Haram insurgency has continued unabated, even when highly respected elders and traditional rulers are still in the region. Why have they suddenly slipped into coma? Why have they suddenly lost their voice? Why can't we find a loud voice among the Northerners today that can challenge the sect by leading a protest and mobilizing youth against these criminal elements? Are the Northerners happy that innocent nigerians are losing their lives daily? As good citizens, what is our responsibility?
Suffice it to mention that the security is not an exclusive reserve of the Federal Govt. As a state, Local Government, Organisations, or individual, we all have a role to play. Who then has failed in its responsibility in this regards? First we must admit that the demand of the sect is irrational. Thinking that you can Islamize a secular state like Nigeria is wrong, and an agenda that cannot be achieved. We all know that those alluding to poverty as a reason for this attacks are liars. If the sect sympathizes with the poor, why kill them? Why attack farmers, marketers, primary school teachers, drivers, motor park workers?
The federal government has responded swiftly by sending JTF to the region to contain the crisis. To what extent has the force been supported by the northern leaders? Instead they are calling for their withdrawal, so as to further expose the innocent. The federal govt has continued to call on the state govt to do something too, since they are closer to the people. What have they done?
We hear that some state govt meet secretly with the sect, fund them, either to further distabilize the nation or to steer clear from their state. Either ways, they're sponsoring them. Should federal govt out of fear grant them amnesty? The real groups haven't even come out to say so, or are the Northerners doing these so as to enjoy amnesty too?
The ordinary citizens too have a share of the blame. Security they say is everybody's business. Life once lost can never be recovered. We notice suspicious movement yet we keep it to ourselves untill something happens. We know these people terrorizing us, yet we protect them. They are not ghost, they live with us. For how long will this continue? How many more lives should we allow to be taken before I, You, THEY, take action? Or are we in support of this?
JOIN YOUR VOICE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST TERRORISM.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 19, 2013
shocked ahn ahn y everybody dey keep quiet, where is everybody na? or abi una don dey fear shekau?
Re: Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by Onims1(f): 11:00am On Mar 19, 2013
kimakazee: shocked ahn ahn y everybody dey keep quiet, where is everybody na? or abi una don dey fear shekau?
How far?!!lol *after all I'm not quiet* * To comment...lol
Re: Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by Stallion77(f): 11:03am On Mar 19, 2013
The fight against terrorism is a collective effort and all encompassing. I have been hearing jingle about reporting suspicious movements and so on but we are also scared of helping ourselves... You walk in a strange way in the US and the next thing,police is called...infact if u drive too slow sef, police go ask u question. these Security agencies are not magicians. Lets help ourselves by taking note of little thing that could save our lives...report anybody loitering indiscriminately, report strange faces in ur locality.... We can rise up and become unified in our fight against these heartless bas.tards!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by Joeadamu86: 11:15am On Mar 19, 2013
We must all come to terms that the Boko Haram evil is targeted to all Nigerians who peace loving and want to thrive in their various endevours of life.Sentiment aside, Nigeria is for all us,the Evil sect Boko Haram is just trying to induce an internal war so that the country will completely collapse,we must all say no to their antics and support the government in fighting these evil people for our own good, united we stand divided we fall....
Re: Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by modextus(m): 11:29am On Mar 19, 2013
i'm at kano..naibawa to be precise those folks are much in this part..you just would'nt know who is who..
Re: Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by Boazizzy08: 11:29am On Mar 19, 2013
the gospel truth remains that this rubbish can not thrive in the eastern part of the country where people know the worth of life and as such can do anything to protect their lives and their fellow beings. i fail to understand the reason why Northerners in general are finding it difficult to either expose this people or rise against them.
Re: Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by chax100(f): 11:44am On Mar 19, 2013
Thanks so much for this masterpiece. My condolences to the family and friends of the departed. I also bereaved with our Igbo brothers and sisters who have always been at the mercy of BH and JAMBS, therefore making them the 'sacrificial lamb' as well as the 'weeping child.'
My take on this issue is that this attack is a deliberate one and targeted at the Igbos and christians alike. The Northern Governors Forum should be held responsible. It's a glaring conspiracy between some two power blocs- the North and West. While the former has repeatedly dare the Easterners that they are a monopoly of violence by the continual attack on the Easterners, the latter has chosen to maintain a conspiracy of silence and has failed to condemn subsequent attacks.
The northerners are not happy that they are been govern by a Southerner. The Northerners are angry that the president is a christian.
Is Rochas Okorocha an Igbo man? What is Rochas Okorocha take in APC, while Tinubu has for long reached an understanding with Buhari on BH and JAMBS in excluding the Yorubas from attack. Rochas is jumping into murky waters.
Death be not proud! Where is the great Ikemba of Nnewi, the spokesman for the conscience of the Igbo people, the Great Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu? It's true that Ojukwu's shoes are so big that no Igbo man could fit his feet on them.
I call on all meaningful Igbos, the NDIGO, OHANEZE, MOSOB to rise up to the occasion and confront their fears. Enough is enough!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by bubadaniel13: 11:54am On Mar 19, 2013
chax100: Thanks so much for this masterpiece. My condolences to the family and friends of the departed. I also bereaved with our Igbo brothers and sisters who have always been at the mercy of BH and JAMBS, therefore making them the 'sacrificial lamb' as well as the 'weeping child.'
My take on this issue is that this attack is a deliberate one and targeted at the Igbos and christians alike. The Northern Governors Forum should be held responsible. It's a glaring conspiracy between some two power blocs- the North and West. While the former has repeatedly dare the Easterners that they are a monopoly of violence by the continual attack on the Easterners, the latter has chosen to maintain a conspiracy of silence and has failed to condemn subsequent attacks.
The northerners are not happy that they are been govern by a Southerner. The Northerners are angry that the president is a christian.
Is Rochas Okorocha an Igbo man? What is Rochas Okorocha take in APC, while Tinubu has for long reached an understanding with Buhari on BH and JAMBS in excluding the Yorubas from attack. Rochas is jumping into murky waters.
Death be not proud! Where is the great Ikemba of Nnewi, the spokesman for the conscience of the Igbo people, the Great Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu? It's true that Ojukwu's shoes are so big that no Igbo man could fit his feet on them.
I call on all meaningful Igbos, the NDIGO, OHANEZE, MOSOB to rise up to the occasion and confront their fears. Enough is enough!!!
My brother i understand your pains at such a time as this,undoubtedly Northern leaders need to do more on this issue,but i wan to assure that even Northeerners are not safe from the evil Boko HARAM sect, the people in Maiduguri and Yobe if not for the intervention of the JTF fall victims to the Boko Haram,the grand design of the Boko Haram is confuse the whole country in a religious war and weaken govt in order to capture some places for vain glory. It is important at this point in time for us to stand together and condemn the Boko Haram and its supporters cos we are all Nigerians.
Re: Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by Olanlere11: 11:54am On Mar 19, 2013
This madness must stop. We must all fight
Re: Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by grafikii: 12:39pm On Mar 19, 2013
Boazizzy08: the gospel truth remains that this rubbish can not thrive in the eastern part of the country where people know the worth of life and as such can do anything to protect their lives and their fellow beings. i fail to understand the reason why Northerners in general are finding it difficult to either expose this people or rise against them.
Like they exposed the kidnappers in the east. Go and face a terrorist and know what it feels like
Re: Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by Olanlere11: 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
grafikii:
Like they exposed the kidnappers in the east. Go and face a terrorist and know what it feels like
How does it feels and what must be done?
Re: Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by Idokojimmy: 5:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
Olanlere11: This madness must stop. We must all fight
We must all work to make this happen
Re: Nairaland Speaks On Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
I posted the article below sometime last year on Sahara Reporters and I think it is worth reproducing.

** We all should develop a THIRD EYE devoted solely to SECURITY

I appeal to every Nigerian, especially those in the north, to develop a THIRD EYE. A third eye devoted SOLELY to security is all we need at this critical period.

I have said times without number that Nigeria is at WAR. This WAR is even more deadly than conventional war because it is coloured with religion. Anyone who expects this attacks to be curtailed soon is deluding himself. This is a religious war, hence as long as we have muslims in this country, there'll always be boko haram. We can only reduce the number of successful attacks. If the gate men at the ThisDay Abuja office had been a bit more security conscious, perhaps they wouldn't hav opened the gate for the suicide bombers.

Also every organisation or company located in north must devise its own internal security measures and train its staff on counter terrorism measures.

Whatever arrangement one has put in place should be evaluated from time to time with MOCK terrorism attack. All hands must be on deck until we overcome

(1) (Reply)

Major Bello Magaji Or Alamieyeseigha: Which Pardon Should Be Reversed? / Only Shekau-led Boko Haram Will Decide Acceptance Of Amnesty / "We've Arrested 'all' Kidnappers In Bayelsa State- Gov Seriake Dickson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.