Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators (3713 Views)

Only For Real Investors Who Understands The Investment Language / A Message To The Moderators Of Business And Investment Section Of This Forum / Investment Section Rules And Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by manie(m): 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
olushowunm: @Seun... In order to satisfy all interests, i think it will be better to divide investments forum into four, namely;
SME/Start-ups
Equity,Derivatives and spots(Forex)
Fixed-income Assets
Real Estate Investment

With this we will be able to balance all interests and create a platform where we can understand the scope of the forum!

May be we need a section that will be devoted to stock market investment. Some of us are stock market addicts.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by manny4life(m): 12:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
manie:

May be we need a section that will be devoted to stock market investment. Some of us are stock market addicts.

That's the problem, there's no section for each, the whole section is bulked up, few times I've been on there, it's mostly FOREX and t-bills. A lot of you guys that frequent this place are Treasury Ops - Fixed Income/Securities - Stocks, Bonds, FOREX, Funds, etc...

However, the way I understand Seun's idea is that the section needs aggressive interest and visibility. You cannot give to people what they don't have or interested in, period. What I know a lot of people are interested in other areas.

Personally, I'd like to see a section devoted to Venture Capital/Private Equity, these cuts across investments in general.

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Seun(m): 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2013
I see no reason why stocks can't be discussed in this section right now. The only reason why it's dominated by tbills is that you stock guys have not been posting as much as you could.

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by manie(m): 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2013
Seun: I see no reason why stocks can't be discussed in this section right now. The only reason why it's donated by tbills i[b]s that you stock guys have not been posting as much as you could.[/b]

We shall start posting.

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by valdubem(m): 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2013
manny4life: Let me bury my anger for a second and give you my real opinion,

First, you need to change the term "investment" to something more subtle, like "entrepreneurship" or "Business", or something. That word "investment" is intimidating to some and should I say it's is very complex because it deals with a broad range of products and service. Since NL cannot define the range it's looking to attribute, then..... GO FIGURE

Second, identify what niche. You just said "Someone who really cares about investment" , you know this is ambiguous, define what niche you'd like to focus on. This is exactly same thing that kills businesses, when they have broad range without defining what the focus is. Is the focus on Business, Financial Planning, Retirement, Treasury Ops, etc Like someone suggested, SMEs should be the driving force, having a session on collaboration, researching, financial roundtable, help drafting financials etc. Then again, this is just my own, nothing else.

Finally, you as the owner, since you're committed to this section, if you quit your itchy fingerness and show some commitment..

Sorry to say this bro; ur argument is baseless. You need to talk constructively and not just because you want to talk.

2 Likes

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by 1forall: 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
val_dubem: Sorry to say this bro; ur argument is baseless. You need to talk constructively and not just because you want to talk.

grin grin
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by manny4life(m): 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
val_dubem:

Sorry to say this bro; ur argument is baseless. You need to talk constructively and not just because you want to talk.

YES SIR... POINT TAKEN

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Macbriz(m): 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2013
Dear Sir Seun, Am highly interested on this section, if you grant me the opportunity; I will make it Avery hot section with business ideas and solutions. It is my pleasure to serve you and this forum.

Regards,
Macbriz.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by AjanleKoko: 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
That forex thread should move here.
That's about the only thing I look at in the business section. Would be nice if we could get all the investment-related topics in one section wink

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by mymadam(m): 8:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
Interested. God bless Nigeria.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by fitzmayowa: 5:10pm On Mar 28, 2013
Am interested

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Seun(m): 5:15pm On Mar 28, 2013
AjanleKoko: That forex thread should move here.
That's about the only thing I look at in the business section. Would be nice if we could get all the investment-related topics in one section wink
I don't think FOREX is an investment. How can you invest in something that constantly loses its value? (currency)

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by manie(m): 7:46pm On Mar 28, 2013
Seun: I don't think FOREX is an investment. How can you invest in something that constantly loses its value? (currency)

The only people making money from forex are the forex seminar organisers.

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by valdubem(m): 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2013
manie:

grin grin bros U funny oo

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by dagr8(m): 9:52pm On Mar 28, 2013
manie:

[size=15pt]Am very sorry 2 say u are very wrong...[/size]
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by dagr8(m): 9:54pm On Mar 28, 2013
Seun: I don't think FOREX is an investment. How can you invest in something that constantly loses its value? (currency)

[size=15pt]can you explain better what u mean [/size]
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by FXKing2012(m): 1:52pm On Mar 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by FXKing2012(m): 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
FOREX trading could be an investment or mere trading depending on the strategy being employed. You are an investor if you are a long-term trader and you keep your positions floating for years and using the weekly and monthly charts for your analysis/decisions; you are a trader is you use a time frame lower than the weekly chart and you keep your positions open only for few hours, days or weeks.

Besides FX trading is not all about foreign currencies; gold, silver, commodities such as wheat, corn, etc, equities such as Coca-Cola, Google, etc as well as indices such as LSE, NYSE, JSE, etc are all traded or invested in by "Forex traders".

1 Like

Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by bambuzz88: 2:04am On Mar 30, 2013
FXKing2012:
FOREX trading could be an investment or mere trading depending on the strategy being employed. You are an investor if you are a long-term trader and you keep your positions floating for years and using the weekly and monthly charts for your analysis/decisions; you are a trader is you use a time frame lower than the weekly chart and you keep your positions open only for few hours, days or weeks.

Besides FX trading is not all about foreign currencies; gold, silver, equities such as Coca-Cola, Google, etc as well as indices such as LSE, NYSE, JSE, etc are all traded or invested in by "Forex traders".

well said, an average investor only depend on one direction to make some bucks which is one mistake anxious or busy traders make not havin in mind that we re in an imperfect world. The market is impossible to perfect, if a stock is only rising in value creating influx of much buyers ,who are they gonna sell to? Thats the reason for the fluctuations, and the fluctuation do behave in a manner that yu can c d activities of buyers and sellers using Elliot waves or Fibonacci retracement/extension, the truth is it is less risky to make the flunctuation an advantage before daring to risk ur money so u dont get slaughtered by herds psychology, dats what sophisticated funds manager do. All financial instrument has its cons and pros, bt in reality forex has attracts more fund manager/investor due to its liquidity and higher leverage compare to stocks denomination.forex also give you the opportunity to protect ur currency against inflation and the current interest rate, you need to be in it to know it, it is risky and emotionally stressful to try to perfect the market only in rising value nt hvin in mind that sellers momentum is building up in the process,which is another opportunity to make more bulks
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by FXKing2012(m): 7:21am On Mar 30, 2013
^^^ It couldnt have been better said.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by FXKing2012(m): 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2013
^^^ Because I rake in green pips.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by ifyalways(f): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2013
Nominating Naijababe and Jarus.

Moderating is not all about knowing the ish on ground and having internet access,being matured in thoughts and e-actions counts.Seun you need to include that . . .
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by FXKing2012(m): 10:09am On Apr 01, 2013
It's like some people just rush in to make comments without in-depth knowledge of current trend.

Jarus is a journalist who knows absolutely nothing about investments, besides this is someone who twice resigned as a moderator on the politics board.

Knowledge is power and helps us not look like f**ls.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by bambuzz88: 11:13am On Apr 01, 2013
ifyalways: Nominating Naijababe and Jarus.

Moderating is not all about knowing the ish on ground and having internet access,being matured in thoughts and e-actions counts.Seun you need to include that . . .

naijababe is a cool endorsement ,she is somehow versatile in the finance game, hmmmmm........about jaru.....i always see him here in the investment section on threads mostly related to NSE, and sometimes i wonder if they really making money and getting absolute returns from this nigerian stocks whose currency strength is under control and dependent on US dollar(oil), irrespective of what CBN policy is saying, imagine south Africa currency and stocks have been on the spot market for a while now, we are still not intelligent yet or planning to join the technology trend......well i would have been interested in NSE if i can do the analysis(online) myself without a broker,like one of my favourite author says "i'd compare stock pickers to astrologers, but i dont want to bad mouth astrologers"- professor eugene,....becauseit just so crude for me, so i feel the investment section shouldnt be limited to only avid NSE stock pickers alone but should create a purpose that will attract any kind of investor and high net-worth individuals......
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by FXKing2012(m): 12:35pm On Apr 01, 2013
^^^ Please forgive my ignorance.
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by dagr8(m): 11:15pm On Apr 01, 2013
[size=15pt]Permit me to help u edit it small grin grin grin [/size]
Jarus:

First, I'm definitely not taking the job. I've got a lot in my hands already.

But just fyi, I'm not a journalist. I'm a Chartered Accountant and a first class economics graduate, with experience in Vetiva capital mgt, before leaving the sector for O&G. So those that nominated me know what they are saying, it is you that don't know. I was one of the most frequent posters on investment in 2009 (then under career).

For those that nominated me. Many thanks. Obviously not a job I'm ready to take, not least because I just floated a career and mentorship blog that takes most of my internet times these days.

[size=15pt]Kudos man![/size]
Re: The Investment Section Needs Passionate Moderators by Seun(m): 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2013
Obinoscopy: Now this is what I call maturity. You've got my nomination for the mod job. We certainly need more of ur type around here
It would have been more mature of him if he didn't attack ifyalways for nominating Jarus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3)

Binary Account Management Service. Let Your Money Grow Daily. Matured Minds Only / Why Piuni Telecom Biz Is A Life Investment Opportunity / Bye-bye To Long-term Return On Investments, Invest In This Gold Mine Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.