Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party (22148 Views)

2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike / Court Lifts Suspension On APC's Fund-Raising Platform / ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger (2) (3) (4)

Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Camilia247: 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
Question: The 2015 elections are two years away. Are you contemplating participating in active politics again?

Bakare:I don’t pray we continue like this till 2015. My prayer is that there should be deliverance before that time, because if we continue like this, then there will be self-fulfilling of the prophecy of disintegration.

Question: Are you talking about change of government or revolution?

Bakare:Whatever it is, this madness must not continue.

Question: So, you are not sure if you will participate in the 2015 elections?

Bakare: With who? The collection of rogues, right, left and central?

Question: Even with the progressives?

Bakare: Who are the progressives in Nigeria; mention their names? Are you persuaded that they are progressives, progressive where, taking you where?

Question: The progressives who formed the All Progressive Congress (APC).

Bakare: If the devil becomes a pastor, Nigerians will attend his church, because they don’t know the true church and they cannot distinguish it from the synagogue of satan. Some of these governors are far richer than their states, because they are looting their states dry.

I read in the newspaper that former of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu do not own Oriental Hotel, Shoprite and others.

Who is interested in this in a decent society? Something is wrong; do they say Obafemi Awolowo owns the Cocoa House in Ibadan?

Has anybody alleged that? Do they say that his wife owns the Premier Hotel in Ibadan? The reason why you have to deny this is that your hands are not clean.

Question: In the build up to the 2011 presidential election, there were reports that the leaders of the ACN gave a condition to back General Buhari; that you should write your resignation letter as vice president even before the election. Would you now be comfortable with the same group of people in the merger arrangement?

Bakare: My dear friend, anybody can ask you to do anything they considered in their own best interest and it is left for you to see whether it is in your own interest. It is true they asked me to sign a letter resigning the post of vice presidential candidate of CPC and Vice President of Nigeria. And I prepared my own letter and I said to General Buhari and the CPC, if you don’t want me to be your candidate any more, you are free any time.

But I am not going to resign as Vice President of Nigeria, because I have not occupied that office. And they said that is what they want. I said, look this man will not bend his rule; I don’t want to join the perjurers who are no longer electable in Nigeria but want to destroy the opportunity of other people.

Sitting on the table with these people means nothing to me. I am not part of the merger committee. If the merger is being put together for the development of our nation and our people, may God let it succeed, but if is to continue this foolish, crazy, greedy aggrandizement, God will overturn it.

If merger has been put together by good people, it will deepen our democracy, at least we will develop a two-party system in Nigeria. But I don’t see the difference between the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors and the so-called progressive governors. You can ask question how much is the kilometers of road awarded as contract in Oyo State and who is doing the road. It is not Bayelsa where you will say there is too much water there.

Where are the progressive governors? These ones who are fruitful and everyone wants to buy his own private jet once he is out of office, how much were they worth before they came into power?

And how do they come by their massive wealth now that they are bragging all around?

I desire to see in my life time, a nation that works and I pray that God will give grace and opportunity to people who can make it work. I am not saying if a person like me is not there it won’t work. There are thousand others who are better than I am in this country, God will bring those ones into power.

Question: Do you think Nigerians are prepared for a change?

Bakare:It depends on what change we are thinking about. We can change for the worse. We are miles away. We are dancing into the lagoon and into the woods everyday. The blind is leading the seeing in Nigeria. But why will the seeing allow the blind to lead them? The moment they get there they change.

Even you now interviewing me, the moment they make you a Commissioner for Information, it is an opportunity for enjoyment. All the things you have written against me you will change. Ask Reuben Abati. Men have lost their honour because of temporary power. Must you sell your birthright because of a pot of porridge?

RECENTLY IN WHAT APPEARS TO BE A SHOCKING REVELATION, FORMER CPC VICE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE CONDEMNS MERGER PLANS AND DESCRIBE THEM AS ROGUES.. shocked shocked

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/nigerian-governors-are-richer-than-their-states-bakare/

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by coninse: 4:36pm On Mar 19, 2013
I'm not a PDP supporter but this man spoke the truth. They are all rogues and bunch of criminals.

Nigerians need to start asking their Government for accountability. They need to account for every single action or money spent while in Government. No one can help us, except ourselves. And stop calling God to help us, he will not come down to solve corruption or Boko Haram issue, only Nigerians can do it.

Start taking responsibilities, and stop demanding from God to solve the problems caused by the actions of our leaders.

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Bigcake: 4:45pm On Mar 19, 2013
For once Bakare has spoken well. I tink he is gradually getting his fit back.

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Stallion77(f): 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
hahaha! He is finally awake! I wont be surprised if he defects to PDP... grin grin grin

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by manmade(m): 5:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
Funny set of people,he should resign from the post to which the election has not even been conducted talkless of winning it. Now the truth is coming forth. Progressive my foot.

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
They re all the same joor.. That's all!

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Tjohn1(m): 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
Is he not a Rogue also.......If he is chosen as a flag bearer he will accept.....msteeeew

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by dayokanu(m): 5:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
Bakare is on his own
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
Who are the progressives in Nigeria; mention their names? Are you persuaded that they are progressives, progressive where, taking you where?

I just wish all nigerians could think like this.

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hey yaaa
The man dey angry that his oga has kicked him to the curb
Chai

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Temismith(f): 5:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
No comment..
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Tjohn1(m): 5:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
I'm ashamed of you, speaking from both sides of your mouth....You were once Buhari's running mate, now you describe him as a "ROGUE" just because you are not part of the progressives.............KETTLE CALLING POT BLACK

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by grafikii: 5:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
Mr bakare you can't have a party of 100% clean individuals, It would never work not even in the UK or US.

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Tjohn1(m): 5:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
991: Who are the progressives in Nigeria; mention their names? Are you persuaded that they are progressives, progressive where, taking you where?

I just wish all nigerians could think like this.

Why didnt He think like this? when he was jumping around as CPC Vice Presidential Candidate

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by iamswizz(m): 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2013
14th
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by coalcoal1(m): 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2013
I still love this guy.

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Omexonomy: 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
Stallion77: hahaha! He is finally awake! I wont be surprised if he defects to PDP... grin grin grin
are you affriad of peedeepee. When this man was busy abusing Gej most people were singing his praise

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by ehis00(m): 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
like he said, power changes people. That explains why bakare that was a supporter of buhari has suddenly turned around to call him a rogue...lord help us all.

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by coalcoal1(m): 5:39pm On Mar 19, 2013
T-john:
I'm ashamed of you, speaking from both sides of your mouth....You were once Buhari's running mate, now you describe him as a "ROGUE" just because you are not part of the progressives.............KETTLE CALLING POT BLACK

There's no where in the report that bakare described buhari as a rogue

16 Likes

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by vanstanzy(m): 5:39pm On Mar 19, 2013
:All i wanna say is, *Space 4 sale!*
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by kelvincoll(m): 5:41pm On Mar 19, 2013
grin Waiting for Lai Mohammed response.

So much revelation! Every Nigerian shud get a piece of this interview and reflect on the way forward. This country needs a revolution, Not PDP, ACN, CPC, APC and all can lead us anywhere untill some recycled old cargoes and smelted away from the face of this earth.

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Ngwakwe: 5:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
His eyes has opened.

The new party got it wrong when they admitted erring PDP rogues

We independents can sense sincerity when we see one.

I trust former EFCC chairman and will vote him but will relent in accepting Buhari.

I even trust SLS than Buhari

dayokanu: Bakare is on his own
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by kingcobra1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 19, 2013
Wat dis pastor planned didn't work out...ACN would av seen a warrior in dis pastor had it been dat buhari won dat election...wat NGIGE did to UBAH family is wat he would av done to ANC rogues...progressive my foot!!

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Camilia247: 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
kelvincoll: grin Waiting for Lai Mohammed response.

So much revelation! Every Nigerian shud get a piece of this interview and reflect on the way forward. This country needs a revolution, Not PDP, ACN, CPC, APC and all can lead us anywhere untill some recycled old cargoes and smelted away from the face of this earth.

...And elrufai's response too
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
hahahahahahaha. Breeze don de blow. Foul nyash dey open small small. Who no know say APC + PDP na the same people? only those deluded ones.

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by walygy(m): 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2013
He is a big fool someone speaking from both mouth,imagine as @ 2011 he was the head of the merger with the ACN and ANPP now he count them as rogues and thief,why is he then associating him self with them I pity those people worshiping in this church. Ask him how he makes his money.
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by concacid: 5:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
;DAS IF HE IS IN ANYWAY DIFFERENT MTSCHEEWWW
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Odunnu: 5:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
Same inconsistent Bakare doing his thing as usual.
He will still preach it in his church
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
Who are the progressives, dis dude is just a fortified Eediot, U r just Like El Rufai n Nuhu Ribadu, U hate when u are not Involved!!!

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by firetrap(m): 5:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
so tuned bakare just had the Epiphany that his political friends and benefactors are rogues and thieves. did he not realize this before he got into bed with them. now he wants to distance himself from them. well its better late than ever they say but its to late for him cos he's no longer relevant and time will not heal the wounds he helped deepen
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by skyfall: 5:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
Pastor Bakare is not being realistic with this interview. It just shows that he's not a real politician. Does he expect angels to come down and run the country? The merger party may not be perfect but given the chance, they'll perform much better than the current PDP. I'm sure he wishes that things would suddenly change overnight but that's wishful thinking. We can only fine-tune the process gradually & I know that Nigerians would think twice before voting in 2015, compared to 2011.

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by theripper: 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
Progressive Thieves with unrepentant kleptomaniac tendencies.

ACN, CPC and PDP are major partakers in the corruption widespread in Nigeria and should be discarded.

Anybody wey call progressives for here, thunder go fire am.

Michael Adesina Adeyemo's Burial Pics: Ajimobi, Alao-Akala, Oyo Lawmakers Attend / Fani-Kayode Asks Osinbajo To Resign As Vice President / 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu