Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,883 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party (22164 Views)

2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike / Court Lifts Suspension On APC's Fund-Raising Platform / ANPP, CPC In Anambra Pull-Out Of APC Merger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by ziccoit: 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
I see a man who was not allowed to play major roles as he dimmed fit in merger machination now having been sidelined turning round to mudslinging the perceived enemies.

Bakare, you are my man but you need to understand change is a process. The state of the nation that is now heavily bedeviled with ethnic and religion upheavals is not the best to stage a successful revolution. What is visible now is revolution via the pooling boots.
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by goryorhal(m): 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
walygy: He is a big fool someone speaking from both mouth,imagine as @ 2011 he was the head of the merger with the ACN and ANPP now he count them as rogues and thief,why is he then associating him self with them I pity those people worshiping in this church. Ask him how he makes his money.
and what are u?small fool...d man was just saying his mind...y e b say we 9jerians no like to day hear truth..na wetin b d nonsense wey e tak now..person dai tak wetin e c and u wey no dai follow dem do meeting dai protest..i pity ur life.smh

4 Likes

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by dridowu: 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by karpentar: 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
Stallion77: hahaha! He is finally awake! I wont be surprised if he defects to PDP... grin grin grin

Shut up, if you gat nothing reasonable to say.

1 Like

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Noraokon: 6:06pm On Mar 19, 2013
Words of a disgruntled man who has just been dumped by his associates. But this development shows how unserious and uncordinated this people are. Honestly I don't see them giving PDP headache in 2015 in as much as I pray 4 a coalition capable of wrestling power from them.
walygy: He is a big fool someone speaking from both mouth,imagine as @ 2011 he was the head of the merger with the ACN and ANPP now he count them as rogues and thief,why is he then associating him self with them I pity those people worshiping in this church. Ask him how he makes his money.
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by PHIPEX(m): 6:07pm On Mar 19, 2013
So much for a Nairaland man of the year. One thing today another thing tomorrow. Am silently waiting for Elrufai's version once he loses out of the current merger, it's in their DNA. I hope APC supporters will still love him as before after calling Tinubu a rogue.

2 Likes

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Orikinla(m): 6:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
The Word of God said try all spirits and by their fruits you shall know them. Pastor Tunde Bakare has tried them and now found out the truth to separate the sheep from the goats. As the word of God says: "If the foundation is destroyed, what can the righteous do?" I thank God he has learned his lessons. But the change has started with his confessions. Who is next?

5 Likes

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Lusola15: 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
Well spoken
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by victorD3: 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
SCORE LINE

GEJ 1 : 0 APC

3 Likes

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by werepeLeri: 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
I joined CPC because of Tunde Bakare - El Rufai.

I am part of the merger, so Indirectly I am a rogue. El Rufai.

1 Like

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by tchikelue: 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
Bull shit it is, we are still sitting and waiting for parties to bring the needed change when governorship/presidential aspirants do not want to know the dept portfolio of their predecessor. Just to tell you there is so much enjoyment being in government. You only need to enter loot,enjoy and borrow some months to hand over, the atmosphere will be filled with election excitements and their corrupt practices overtaken by events.
The national assembly will always oppose making provision for unemployed graduate because they are made for life, so monitoring employment creation does not border them at all.
PPL enough is enough
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by victorD3: 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
karpentar:

Shut up, if you gat nothing reasonable to say.

He made sense

1 Like

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by victorD3: 6:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
ziccoit: I see a man who was not allowed to play major roles as he dimmed fit in merger machination now having been sidelined turning round to mudslinging the perceived enemies.

Bakare, you are my man but you need to understand change is a process. The state of the nation that is now heavily bedeviled with ethnic and religion upheavals is not the best to stage a successful revolution. What is visible now is revolution via the pooling boots.

As if your vote counts
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by jmaine: 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2013
werepeLeri: I joined CPC because of Tunde Bakare - El Rufai.

I am part of the merger, so Indirectly I am a rogue. El Rufai.

This bros, where you dey since grin

Meanwhile @ Thread . . . .Pastor Tunde Bakare is a double edged sword .

That's all cheesy
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2013
So what transpired (2011 botched alliance)?

At that time, there was no Congress for Progressive Change (CPC). What we had was The Buhari Organisation (TBO). Suddenly, CPC was registered. To me, at that stage, instead of a merger to form a unified platform, they started talking about alliance. Alliance in a presidential system has never worked. You need to form a common platform with a common manifesto to be able to work together and be able to educate the people on the difference between the common platform and the constituting parties.When the merger plan did not work, they dragged us back. I will not blame any person. But Buhari, as a leader who is highly experienced, and has been a statesman and contested election twice and has complained of rigging and irregularities in court for a long time challenging the process, he should have seen that it is not wise to bring CPC in at the time we were rooting for a merger. But we still respected him and wanted to continue with the merger plan, but he said he wanted an alliance. So, the merger was suspended.However, [b]if you want alliance, instead of a merger, you must be ready to negotiate, give, take and make sacrifices. But it is unfortunate that we are so self-centred and selfish to the extent that it beclouds our patriotic sense. They do not want to give, but want take. We suspended the alliance talk till after the National Assembly election, the result of which showed that Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has better strength and better spread than CPC. So, we should be the leader in the alliance. But they want to keep the presidential candidate as well as the running mate, in an alliance where we should be the leading pack. Now, the alliance is not strong enough to produce the senate president, neither can it produce the House of Representative Speaker, so what are we going to get in return? I am ready to sacrifice my two legs to be amputated, but you are not even ready to sacrifice your index finger. They were offering us cabinet positions which you can change your mind tomorrow and sack at will[/b].

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=15026

It's even difficult to fault Tinubu on this. One of the major mistakes Buhari made in 2011 was getting a running mate that did not belong to any major political block. In other words, Bakare has no electoral value. Of course, he is a nice man but still not electable. If you preach a thousand sermons without assembling a pragmatic political machine, you can't defeat the PDP. And politics is all about interests! No group would sign up into any alliance without watching for its interests too.

The best alternative Nigerians have to defeating PDP is APC. It's not perfect but has certainly passed the credibility test.

1 Like

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by MAYOWAAK: 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2013
I think we should holistically digest the message passed and leave the messenger alone.
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
MAYOWAAK: I think we should holistically digest the message passed and leave the messenger alone.
And what's the message? That ACN should have supported Buhari blindly or for free?
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by ozolity(m): 6:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
Good Morning, Bakare

2 Likes

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by chizel: 6:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
Is like bakare is gradually getting himself together,so it is now that you know that they are all rogues?it is now that you are telling us that they actually ask you to write your resignation letter even before the general election of 2011?and you keep on frolicking with the rogues untill now.i dnt need any soothsayer to tell me that there is no atom of credibility in APC of bola the criminal tinubu and Mohamed the bokoharam buhari,no matter how bad the PDP may be,it is 100% better than the so called APC.you can imagine a party asking their vice residential candidate to write his resignation letter before even the election,this same set of criminals are shouting and condemning every step that PDP and GEJ make.bakare,you need Gods forgiveness

2 Likes

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by kingcobra1(m): 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
bayooooooo:

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=15026

It's even difficult to fault Tinubu on this. One of the major mistakes Buhari made in 2011 was getting a running mate that did not belong to any major political block. In other words, Bakare has no electoral value. Of course, he is a nice man but still not electable. If you preach a thousand sermons without assembling a pragmatic political machine, you can't defeat the PDP. And politics is all about interests! No group would sign up into any alliance without watching for its interests too.

The best alternative Nigerians have to defeating PDP is APC. It's not perfect but has certainly passed the credibility test.

It seems to me dat u didn't read d interview vry well...I suggest u go bk n read it again cos Bakare mentioned something so fundamental to all dis merger n alliance of a tin....bakare was made to sign resignation letter b4 even d election by d so called "PROGRESSIVES"....dat to me is a serious allegation against d progressives..

2 Likes

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by MAYOWAAK: 6:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
bayooooooo:
And what's the message? That ACN should have supported Buhari blindly or for free?

It is pointless entering into a debate with you.Keep wallowing in your sophisticated ignorance.
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by oladrogo(m): 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2013

The way some people talk at times makes me feel soo sorry for nigerians as a whole. This man is on the rigth track .. When he was with buhari , was tinubu and his accomplices there . He is figthing for the youths but alart most of the youths are soo daft that they can see the truth when its in front of them. We need revolution and he is the only one who can lead it due to his fury . Save nigeria from the claws of corrupt politicians and thieves . Pls youths let's wise up oOooo Abeg

1 Like

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2013
No matter which side of d mouth he is speakin from, he has spoken d truth. Repentance takes a split of second and I hope he has repented.

2 Likes

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2013
king cobra:

It seems to me dat u didn't read d interview vry well...I suggest u go bk n read it again cos Bakare mentioned something so fundamental to all dis merger n alliance of a tin....bakare was made to sign resignation letter b4 even d election by d so called "PROGRESSIVES"....dat to me is a serious allegation against d progressives..

The interview is full of fury but lacks substance. And if I may ask, what's the meaning of progressives you hyped about?
You can't eat your cake and have it. Buhari made a bad choice and lived with the consequence.

There was nothing wrong in asking CPC to give the position of VP to ACN in an alliance that ACN should have dictated the pace. It was left for CPC to either accept or reject the offer.

1 Like

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by jmaine: 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2013
bayooooooo:

What credibility test Sir ? undecided . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by ziccoit: 6:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
bayooooooo:

The interview is full of fury but lacks substance. And if I may ask, what's the meaning of progressives you hyped about?
You can't eat your cake and have it. Buhari made a bad choice and lived with the consequence.

There was nothing wrong in asking CPC to give the position of VP to ACN in an alliance that ACN should have dictated the pace. It was left for CPC to either accept or reject the offer.

Defeating PDP is sacrosanct and only way to ensuring establishment of workable democratic system in Nigeria. I don't mind how this is done even if Machiavellian philosophy will be the rule of the game. The impunity stance of PDP needs to be destroyed by ensuring enthronement of different name not minding the character similitude.
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Judolisco(m): 6:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
coninse: I'm not a PDP supporter but this man spoke the truth. They are all rogues and bunch of criminals.

Nigerians need to start asking their Government for accountability. They need to account for every single action or money spent while in Government. No one can help us, except ourselves. And stop calling God to help us, he will not come down to solve corruption or Boko Haram issue, only Nigerians can do it.

Start taking responsibilities, and stop demanding from God to solve the problems caused by the actions of our leaders.
sorry fool as 4 bakere is a confused human being with no bearing hw can someone vomit dis shit
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by duddexeng(m): 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
Bakare should not expect someone to remain poor after being served as presdo or governor. At least, he or she is being paid salary for the period of four years. If such person invest part of his or her salary in a business, should such be labelled thiefs. It's high time we remained straight forward in whatever we do instead of behaving like hen.
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2013
duddexeng: Bakare should not expect someone to remain poor after being served as presdo or governor. At least, he or she is being paid salary for the period of four years. If such person invest part of his or her salary in a business, should such be labelled thiefs. It's high time we remained straight forward in whatever we do instead of behaving like hen.

I am not even addressing that part of Bakare's message because it does not make sense. Is Tinubu going to prosecute himself? If Bakare, a qualified lawyer, could make such an allegation without backing it up with a comprehensive petition calling for the prosecution of Tinubu, what does he want Tinubu to do? Prosecute himself? If I called you a thief, would you really be one because Bayooooooo said so? It's absolute nonsense.
Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by eldoradoxx: 7:07pm On Mar 19, 2013
Temismith: No comment..
No need to waste this space. Let me use it to comment lol. U see those of us who have always insisted on following PDP all the way despite the rantings of the opposition are gradaully being vindicated. Bakare was a fire brand, believed that PDP was the problem with Nigeria and that revolution must sweep pdp out of power for opposition to rule. Now he has had opportunity to run as a vice president to Mr Holiness Buhari, now he sounds very sober, like a man that was used and dumped. He has now come to believe that far from it, opposition/ progressives are more corrupt,more godless and directionless and visionless and will worsen the problem of Nigeria if given the opportunity. Am glad that he has learnt that there are no saints in Nigerian politics.

4 Likes

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
Wickedness is when you put Taribo West, Taye Taiwo and Bance in d midst of Kids and ask them to sing, "All things bright and beautiful"

1 Like

Re: Bakare Speaks On APC Merger Party by Elueme: 7:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
In a long while, this man defeated emotion and spoke some simple truth..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sagay: Corrupt Nigerians Pretend To Be Sick During Trial, Playing The Sick Game / Nigerian Police Officers Are Seen As The Best In The World - IGP Adamu / 9-month-old Baby Burnt To Death In Sapele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.