Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River (20765 Views)

Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW / Navy Arrests Boat With 400 Truckload Of Stolen Crude Oil / Apc Rally Today At Oron,akwa Ibom Was Hmmmmmmm(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by kabba7(m): 10:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
4kmukina: How can a wooden boat carry 166 persons? as long as luxurious buse are, they carry max of 60persons. This news get K-leg.

RIP to d dead.
Was still wondering what the full capacity those luxurie buses was cause the figures from yesterdays Kano bomb is somehow not jelling and in about 24 hours its a wooden boat carrying ibo's (not Nigerians?)sinking with 166 souls? Won' the Ibo's go consult thier great grand parents to appease them if they have done any wrong.
I beg make i sharp sharp call my Ebonyi State babe dey dey Lagos she sure neva hear this one she for don hala me.
May God grant them rest its sad wallahi

1 Like

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by talk2s(m): 10:37pm On Mar 19, 2013
Can someone tell these guys that Oron is in Akwa Ibom State, not Cross River

2 Likes

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by supaeagles(m): 10:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
Very tragic indeed. I sympathize with the families.
As usual, these boat operators were trying to maximize profit and so overloaded the boat with complete disregard to safety....so so sad.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by sanandreas(m): 10:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
may d souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace amen
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
talk2s: Can someone tell these guys that Oron is in Akwa Ibom State, not Cross River
No mind them jare!
They won't get their facts right, as long as it is africa, inconsistencies is allowed!
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by ogathetop3: 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
So sad.may their souls rest in perfect peace.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by supaeagles(m): 10:55pm On Mar 19, 2013
clue:
talk2s: Can someone tell these guys that Oron is in Akwa Ibom State, not Cross Rive
No mind them jare!
They won't get their facts right, as long as it is africa, inconsistencies is allowed!

166 dead and that is what bothers you guys?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by great063(m): 10:55pm On Mar 19, 2013
O boy!166,inside a wooden boat?I doubt this fact sha.I recall it used to be twenty or so passengers in those days....I shuttled Calabar-Oron years ago for visits and meetings.I remember those days passengers on board hardly use their life jackets...Kai!Terrible week for some families.@OP,Oron is in Akwa Ibom State not Cross River.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Daresh(f): 10:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
cryNo now, No cry
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Costa2000(m): 10:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
What a tragedy?,since friday out of 166 people only 2 survivors.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by jumobi1(m): 11:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
When Governor Oshiomhole was doing rescue work on a raggedy wooden boat people were clapping. Why on earth aren't better boats available? 160 people on a wooden boat? Our people need to be better provided for. I don't even know why I'm pointlessly commenting. May they Rest in Peace.
I'm upset man
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by youngus: 11:07pm On Mar 19, 2013
cry cry cryhmmmmm.may their soul rest in peace cryhmmmmm.may their soul rest in peace
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Goodysydney: 11:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Ibos need to ask God forgiveness cuz these deaths are just getting too much.

May their souls rest in peace.
Senseless ape, ur the one that need to ask God why ur life is so bitter, misearable and why are u senseless bastard ape. Stupid bastard unclean
yoruba ape.

1 Like

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by jentlsoul: 11:15pm On Mar 19, 2013
Shege Good luck is now Bad luck. All this Only in your period as a president.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Blackgold09(f): 11:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
pillzthadrugz: Titanic tinz abi?......Jack and Rose must survive na
na u be jack go fine rose
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by ifyalways(f): 11:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
Terrible loss. cry
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by bidexolumanish(m): 11:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
basisop:

"Save" is in the classroom. Wondering what you are doing outside.
i no fit laugh cos i neva chop#frowning#
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Image123(m): 11:39pm On Mar 19, 2013
talk2s: Can someone tell these guys that Oron is in Akwa Ibom State, not Cross River
was thinking that too. The story is quite exaggerated too. May God help the aggrieved families.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by kayalla(f): 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2013
RIP
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by tellwisdom: 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2013
Where is the boat?
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by tzars(m): 11:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
This is a true and pathetic story. I am working offshore and we saw the bodies. Its misleading to say that the two people who survived were rescued by fishermen. It was the coy patrol boats that picked up the survivors as well as the dead and got them transferred to Calabar. The people boarded the boat without any safety gears and unfortunately for them the incidence happened. What always baffles me is that tomorrow the next set of people will make the same mistake and found themselves in this same situation. Dead bodies on the high sea has been a quarterly sight for us here. God save us.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by camelus: 12:26am On Mar 20, 2013
God bless the Dead !
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by ajaolu(m): 12:32am On Mar 20, 2013
Tolexander: May they rest in perfect peace!
Bomb on land!
capsize on hydrosphere!
Crash for atmosphere!
Where else? Lithosphere?

hmnn, may God save us
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by pendusky(m): 12:50am On Mar 20, 2013
Even When we boarded Aero with Iron bodyframe we no reach 166 on board... 166+load = 500 pasengers for wood in 21st century?
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by babaowo: 1:01am On Mar 20, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Don't criticize ibo technology.that boat is made in Aba.
... nna menh this 1 nah innoson inventory jor!
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by babaowo: 1:07am On Mar 20, 2013
tzars: This is a true and pathetic story. I am working offshore and we saw the bodies. Its misleading to say that the two people who survived were rescued by fishermen. It was the coy patrol boats that picked up the survivors as well as the dead and got them transferred to Calabar. The people boarded the boat without any safety gears and unfortunately for them the incidence happened. What always baffles me is that tomorrow the next set of people will make the same mistake and found themselves in this same situation. Dead bodies on the high sea has been a quarterly sight for us here. God save us.
.... imagine some people who find it hard to leave war zone in borno state? how they wouldn't board plank boat on high sea, life is worthless to them,all what they are after is moni! moni! money!!!
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by dowl: 1:15am On Mar 20, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source
Oron is in Akwa Ibom not Cross river
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by nebeolis: 2:53am On Mar 20, 2013
HOW COME GAS CELINDER BOKO HARAM AT WORK
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by padmoreete2(m): 3:03am On Mar 20, 2013
Ibo's n cheaper price dey lyk husband n wife. RIP TO D departed soulz
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Soundmind(m): 3:12am On Mar 20, 2013
Oh that is bad
RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman In Labour Insists On Voting, Delivers Baby Shortly After Voting In Sokoto / 100 Cows Missing In Enugu - Fulani Herdsman Says / World Teachers’ Day: Osinbajo Hosts Oluwabunmi Anani (Teacher Of The Year)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.