Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,141 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Mourinho Reveals Foul-play With FIFA Ballon D'or Coach Vote - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho Reveals Foul-play With FIFA Ballon D'or Coach Vote (966 Views)

FIFA Ballon d'Or 2016 On 11th January 2016 / FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / 2013 FIFA Ballon D'or On Monday, 13th January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho Reveals Foul-play With FIFA Ballon D'or Coach Vote by elampiro(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
Reuters – 3 hours ago

LISBON, March 19 (Reuters) - Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho did not attend the FIFA Ballon d'Or gala because he was warned by some of those who voted for him as coach of the year that their votes showed up as supporting other candidates instead.
"Am I sorry for not having gone to the gala? No. It was the right decision," Mourinho told RTP television on Tuesday in excerpts from an interview.
"One, two or three people called me saying they had voted for me but the vote showed up as cast for somebody else. So, I decided not to go," he said.
The Portuguese coach and former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola lost the 2012 FIFA coach award to Spain's Vicente del Bosque at January's gala.
FIFA said in a statement: "FIFA confirms that the list of votes published on FIFA.com is accurate." (Reporting by Daniel Alvarenga, additional reporting by Brian Homewood)

Can this be true?
Re: Mourinho Reveals Foul-play With FIFA Ballon D'or Coach Vote by Dreal1247: 8:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
Let then reexamine the voting materials.
Re: Mourinho Reveals Foul-play With FIFA Ballon D'or Coach Vote by ddippset(m): 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
what a spectacle. 3 years ago when he won it, nobody called to warn him that his votes were given to others. now that de bosque wins it suddenly they told him his votes were given away. anyone who works with this man's words is a f00l. wait a minute, why am i even here? iam outtie.
Re: Mourinho Reveals Foul-play With FIFA Ballon D'or Coach Vote by elampiro(m): 9:36pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hope he won't put himself into trouble with this? He is discrediting the organisation that provides him a career. But wait, I heard FIFA is corrupt.
Re: Mourinho Reveals Foul-play With FIFA Ballon D'or Coach Vote by ddippset(m): 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2013
i hope that year when mourinho won the award fifa was corrupt as well.
Re: Mourinho Reveals Foul-play With FIFA Ballon D'or Coach Vote by modextus(m): 9:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
as much i dislikes him..i think he deserved it
Re: Mourinho Reveals Foul-play With FIFA Ballon D'or Coach Vote by ddippset(m): 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
modextus: as much i dislikes him..i think he deserved it
3 people deserved it more, if you want to talk about 'deserve'. de bosque who won euro 2012 a competition once in 4 years. manchini who won the epl for city after 50 years, conte who went unbeaten and won the scuddeto. even number 4 is de matteo who won chelsea's first champions league. so you mean he deserved it more than these four guys? common!
Re: Mourinho Reveals Foul-play With FIFA Ballon D'or Coach Vote by elampiro(m): 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
That's not my signature! Pandev insists he voted for Mourinho as FIFA Coach of the Year puzzle deepens

By Rik Sharma

PUBLISHED: 10:40, 24 March 2013 | UPDATED: 10:55, 24 March 2013

Goran Pandev claims that his signature has been forged on the voting slip for Coach of the Year which FIFA published.

Vincente del Bosque won the award but the Macedonia captain and former Inter Milan striker says he voted for Mourinho, even though his vote was counted for the Spaniard.

'I don’t want to leave an official statement right now, because tonight we have an important game against Belgium,' Pandev told Calciomercato.com.

'I can only say that on that fax it is not my signature. Mourinho is my preferred candidate, everyone knows it.'

Voting slip: Goran Pandev says what FIFA published does not contain his signature

Turning his back: Jose Mourinho claims the FIFA coach of the year award voting was rigged

Suspicion: Goran Pandev claims he voted for Mourinho but his vote was counted for Del Bosque

After Mourinho claimed the award was fixed, the Napoli striker backed his former boss.

He said: 'I voted for Mourinho as best coach of the year and I am convinced that strange things happened when the votes were counted.

'According to the FIFA list I voted for Vicente del Bosque, but I voted for Mourinho. I even called him and said I’d vote for him. Unfortunately, odd things happen at FIFA.'

FIFA denied any voting irregularities and claimed: 'The list of votes published on FIFA.com is accurate.

Coach of the year: Vicente del Bosque beat Mourinho and Pep Guardiola

Winning the big prizes: Spain coach has guided his country to World Cup and Euro glory

'We have the signed voting form from the FYRO Macedonia FA, signed by the national team coach, the captain, and with the stamp of the national association and signed by the secretary general of the FA, and the votes we have published match the signed voting form.'

The world football governing body then published a form which shows Pandev's vote.

But Pandev says that the signature is not his and that his vote had been in some way altered.

Del Bosque won the award with 34.51 per cent of the 505 votes cast, while Mourinho came in second (20.49 per cent) and Guardiola third (12.91 per cent).

Pep pipped: Guardiola missed out on the coach of the year award

More...

FIFA publish Pandev's voting slip which shows he picked Del Bosque NOT Mourinho as Coach of the Year

Real Madrid greats past and present: Di Stefano awards Ronaldo with trophy for La Liga's best player

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2298334/Goran-Pandev-says-signature-forged-FIFA-voting-slip-Coach-Year.html?ICO=most_read_module
Re: Mourinho Reveals Foul-play With FIFA Ballon D'or Coach Vote by BARRISTERS: 4:02pm On Mar 26, 2013
WHERE IS PANDEV OWNS COPY OF THE VOTING SLIP? FIFA HAS PUBLISHED THEIRS AND AS IT IS, PANDEV ALSO HAVE TO COUNTER CLAIM BY PRODUCING A COPY OF VOTERS SLIP HE CLAIMED TO HAVE SIGNED IN SUPPORT OF MOURINHO, IF NOT? THEN ITS JUST A CALCULATED ATTEMPT TO GAIN FAVOR FROM THE MASSES.

HEAR PANDEV DISCLAIMING AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT BELOW;(BOLDED)

[size=14pt]I don’t want to leave an official statement right now,[/size] because tonight we have an important game against Belgium,' Pandev told Calciomercato.com.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2298334/Goran-Pandev-says-signature-forged-FIFA-voting-slip-Coach-Year.html#ixzz2OerXytN9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Re: Mourinho Reveals Foul-play With FIFA Ballon D'or Coach Vote by ddippset(m): 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
BARRISTERS: WHERE IS PANDEV OWNS COPY OF THE VOTING SLIP? FIFA HAS PUBLISHED THEIRS AND AS IT IS, PANDEV ALSO HAVE TO COUNTER CLAIM BY PRODUCING A COPY OF VOTERS SLIP HE CLAIMED TO HAVE SIGNED IN SUPPORT OF MOURINHO, IF NOT? THEN ITS JUST A CALCULATED ATTEMPT TO GAIN FAVOR FROM THE MASSES.

HEAR PANDEV DISCLAIMING AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT BELOW;(BOLDED)

aint pandev a b1TCH? JUST LIKE HIS BOSS.

(1) (Reply)

Premiership Player That Impressed You The Most Last Season. / Has TB Joshua Watched The Second Half Of The UCL Match Betwen Chelsea And Bayern / Manchester Untd Signs Luca Modric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.