Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? (20876 Views)

6 Kinds Of Persons You Will Meet At NYSC Camp / The Romantic Proposal At NYSC Camp By Two Lovely People / What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by berepiki(m): 11:45am On Mar 23, 2013
scobaba: Guy u won go service go find wife?

Wetin do ur current babe?

Ds guy sef.
....i dont have any babe...am a born again christian...i dont need a babe...what i need is a wife...DoMinioncityCampMeeting on my mind n i need 2 pray towards my youth service n a possible wife material....8years of abstinence n i need 2 marry in d nxt 2years...shikena
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by berepiki(m): 11:50am On Mar 23, 2013
POLICE CAP: Wait o! Is it only me dat thinks the question is stupid? Can you marry a girl you met at the camp? Do you want to marry her within the 3weeks. Na competition?

And what makes them desperate? Is your future assured or ar u better than a working class guy?

illiterate OP.
...may God forgive u for abusing me...if u must know...am a 2one student n i jxt want know if i shuld ignore all d girls dat will com my way during youth service or not...so drop ur advice n stop abusing pipl u dont know
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Decryptor(m): 11:58am On Mar 23, 2013
berepiki: itx good 2 ask question from people that are coming bk from a journey before u embk on it....i'l be serving by june dis year so i need 2 know som certain things...moreover am not in any relationship yet cos i dont like playing around...i want 2 go into a relationship dat wil lead 2 marriage...am a 27 alredy am not getting younger...am a Godfearing guy...a dominator...iRep dominioncity
So because u ar a "mere 27" yrs old man and u think u are matured enough for marriage? For the fact that u started this kind of thread shows u are not psychologically prepared for marriage. U still think like a child. Get ur call-up first, go for your service,pass out and land urself a well paying job before you think of marriage. Or u think putting a woman in a house as a wife is a small thing? Marriage is for Men and NOT for boys.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Decryptor(m): 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2013
berepiki: ...may God forgive u for abusing me...if u must know...am a 2one student n i jxt want know if i shuld ignore all d girls dat will com my way during youth service or not...so drop ur advice n stop abusing pipl u dont know
What the hell is wrong with this guy? What brought about the issue of "2one" here? Are u the only one who graduated with 2.1CPGA before? No be children wey u senior dey comot with First Class Honors? Just take a look at ur comment on the bolded..."U want to know whether you should ignore all the girls that come ur way"...By the time u start the service and get urself one girl, you will still come and open another thread with the title, "When is it okay to kiss my new girlfriend which i met in camp?" or "Should i propose to her during our POP so that she won't leave me"! Gosh...this shows how immature you are. I can't believe i opened a thread started by a "27yr old kid"! undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Alaska123: 12:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
pls,my bros in d nairaland,let me ask u a question,are u going to NYSC to marry frm der or are u going der to achieve ur purpose in life?
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by berepiki(m): 12:51pm On Mar 23, 2013
Decryptor: What the hell is wrong with this guy? What brought about the issue of "2one" here? Are u the only one who graduated with 2.1CPGA before? No be children wey u senior dey comot with First Class Honors? Just take a look at ur comment on the bolded..."U want to know whether you should ignore all the girls that come ur way"...By the time u start the service and get urself one girl, you will still come and open another thread with the title, "When is it okay to kiss my new girlfriend which i met in camp?" or "Should i propose to her during our POP so that she won't leave me"! Gosh...this shows how immature you are. I can't believe i opened a thread started by a "27yr old kid"! undecided angry
...itx not a crime...jxt advice a young man....so u want 2 open threads started by people above ur age abi?...lmao.
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by berepiki(m): 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
Alaska123: pls,my bros in d nairaland,let me ask u a question,are u going to NYSC to marry frm der or are u going der to achieve ur purpose in life?
...bros easy na...is it wrong 2 plan how 2 get married from...if not 4 delays...my mates are working n married with kids...am 27 bro
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by blackbeau1(f): 1:13pm On Mar 23, 2013
So,u want to marry someone you've known for only three weeks.goodluck with that.quick advice- concentrate on your service year and don't think you'll find a wife in camp except you are aiming for the 500k given to corpers who decided to marry each other. You'll end up spending the small allowee you are given on girls and @ d end of d day,you'll marry a desperate girl who will make your life miserable
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Mercyu1(f): 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2013
juman:

Yeah, its possible.

But true true, desperation is the order of the day there, so be careful.
Why wuld u guys label all d ladies in camp as being desperate.Every r/ship must nt end in marriage n we girls understand dt.Iam currently in d camp n i see all d males coming my way as just friends.Dnt want 2 have anytin serious wit any of them cos they bliv we girls are desperate
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by blackbeau1(f): 1:32pm On Mar 23, 2013
berepiki: ...bros easy na...is it wrong 2 plan how 2 get married from...if not 4 delays...my mates are working n married with kids...am 27 bro
I'm sure u r not up to 27years. Besides,even if u r 27 and all your mates are married ,are you competing with anybody? abi, you think being 27 automatically means,you should be married?

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by testify1: 1:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
Ask them.
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by delors(m): 1:48pm On Mar 23, 2013
It is advisable to use your head!

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Seyixyz: 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2013
berepiki: ...may God forgive u for abusing me...if u must know...am a 2one student n i jxt want know if i shuld ignore all d girls dat will com my way during youth service or not...so drop ur advice n stop abusing pipl u dont know
2 1 Student ma swit black a**..Na 2day?

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by PresidoDeGreat(m): 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2013
where do you meet people for marriage Anywhere.
Go ahead you can marry your wife irrespective of where you guys met.
Do not generalise, if you think they are there to husband hunt, you are also there to wife hunt.
How can you think the lady you want to marry is/was desperate.......
Love is everywhere like God is everywhere even in NYSC camp.....
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by somegirl1: 2:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
MOBBDEEP: Bros, Well done plus I hail oooo!
I won't talk 2 much
As you dey talk say wife dey hunger you when you never even enter camp, if care is not taken, you will most likely end up in the hand of a "bush-meat" allowee
By the way, let me warn you that if you mistakenly put a bush-meat in the family way, that means say you don get your discharge certificate be that.
It happened to a fellow corper who mistakenly impregnated a local/community lady & wanted to dodge by sneaking to the POP to get his certificate &then disappear !

A human being is bush meat? Someone's child, carried for 9 months in the womb? Just because she's a "local/community lady"? angry
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
For me, being attracted to a girl you intend marring should be in your PPA, not the orientation camp. This affords you the opportunity of knowing her better. During my service year there was this beautiful girl that I believe guys got attracted to and started visiting separately and passing nights with.
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Emmalex771(m): 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
Just one question for you? What is marriage definition to you? Am so sure marriage aint for kids buh for the matured men...dude wake up
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Ifedechidex: 2:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
berepiki: Is it possible 2 meet ur wife there? Cos i heard most of the girls are looking 4 husbands there...so desperation is the order of the day...plz advice me cos i'l soon go for service by july

Just passing with speed..viiiaammmm!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by InvertedHammer: 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2013

IT IS CALLED INFATUATION

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Ashmark(m): 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2013
@OP,You can't be serious.You've not gotten to camp and you're asking of marrying a girl from camp.You better be careful,if this girls caught you,they wil finish you for mami.
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Chikaazuonwu(m): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2013
Sure! But wetin do ur current babe? Ok, u want go camp go look for wife?
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by misstobi: 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2013
berepiki: buh i heard most of the girls in camp are jxt too desperate, so they end up being public t**let...so hw will u know if she truely luvs u in d space of days...as i said itx sombody u jxt met at the camp...
so u'r sayin in essence dt most of d girls dt go for service r desparate nd public toilets,forgettin dt most of d gurls u chyk in church,in ur. Street,ur childhood fwends,ur gurlfwend,ur sis,ur coz r still members of ds 'most girls'ppl will stil marry. Dem
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 23, 2013
Camp life can serve as a ground for you to find observe and scrutinize ur spouce, that is if marriage join wetin they do you o, after camp u guys fit sought ana selves out through to the alter. Chikenan
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Patsey: 2:14am On Mar 24, 2013
THE FACT THAT A UNIVERSITY/POLYTECHNIC GRADUATE IS ASKING THIS SORT OF QUESTION SPEAKS VOLUME.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Tonyblinky(m): 3:47am On Mar 24, 2013
No,it is not adviceable,It is beeter Ʊ marry someone Ʊ meet in prison.
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by berepiki(m): 5:14am On Mar 24, 2013
Patsey: THE FACT THAT A UNIVERSITY/POLYTECHNIC GRADUATE IS ASKING THIS SORT OF QUESTION SPEAKS VOLUME.

guy easy...this question is helping alot of prospective corpers...i jxt want 2 findout d statistics of people dat met their wives/husbands and also people dat messed themselves up during NYSC...
....camp luv is actually infatuation cos true luv takes time 2 grow...buh can people still luv truely...yes/No....
So jxt drop ur comment or view n leav...dont allow prejudice or old age 2 becloud ur judgement of threads...if dis is thread can b on d front page with alot of views n posts it shows how important n interesting it is...plz note: i went 2 d university 2 study engineering n not marriage/relationship....so as a learner am permitted 2 ask silly questions...eventhough d question is stupid 2 u, it has nothing 2 do with me being a graduate...except u jxt want 2 abuse nigerian graduates thru dis medium without thinking first...i 4giv u cha
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 24, 2013
scobaba: Guy u won go service go find wife?

Wetin do ur current babe?

Ds guy sef.
His current babe no go school. He needs a graduate.
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by clemrops: 11:24am On Mar 24, 2013
Not realy
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by seyibrown(f): 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2013
It is possible to meet your future wife in a Danfo or Molue! Some meet theirs in brothels! cool
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by ddeola: 7:09am On Mar 25, 2013
Why not, just open your eyes and pray well well. A lot of people met their spouses at the NYSC camp and their marriages are doing very fine
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by BestmanNnamdi(m): 5:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
berepiki: Is it possible 2 meet ur wife there? Cos i heard most of the girls are looking 4 husbands there...so desperation is the order of the day...plz advice me cos i'l soon go for service by july
Boy, are you going there to think of women 2 marry! Please recite the NYSC anthem b4 you enter camp!
Re: Marrying Someone You Met At NYSC Camp: Is It Advisable? by BestmanNnamdi(m): 5:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
Boy, are you going there to think of women 2 marry! Please recite the NYSC anthem b4 you enter the camp!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Bars NYSC From Publicly Speaking On Peter Mbah's Certificate Saga / Corpers Spend Over N1500 To Amend Their Khaki In Camp / NYSC Introduces Monthly Biometric Clearance To Check Ghost Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.