Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,702 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? (3196 Views)

Innjoo Smartphones Now Becoming Popular / Downloading Youtube Videos On Your Smartphones Now Made Easy / This Is Free And Better That Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Olumidzti(m): 1:41am On Mar 21, 2013
There was a wide popularity for Samsung galaxy SIII when it was introduced to the market last year. It pushed Samsung to a favourable place in her battle with Apple. The samsung galaxy s3 was a better all-round phone than iPhone 4 @ the time. It was also cheaper so it was a win for consumers on both sides. Now onto 2013, Samsung is about to release galaxy s4 smartphone into the market on 26th of April. There has been much hype already with so many new features that will grace the phone. Some popular ones are 'smart scroll' & 'smart pause' which allows you to use the movement of your eyes to scroll up & down. When watching a video, it pauses when you look away from the screen. There's a feature that allows you to operate the phone when your hand gets near the phone without actually touching it. There's also a feature that allows you to use both front and rear cameras @ the same time & other countless features. On account of all these innovations by Samsung, can we now say officially that they make better phones than Apple?

Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Nobody: 3:02am On Mar 21, 2013
How do you want to compare sleep to death?
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by clip: 5:53am On Mar 21, 2013
Sleep= Samsung
Death = IPhone
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 21, 2013
to me, i still prefare iphone devices.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
uihebom: to me, i still prefare iphone devices.
please tell us why you still prefer iphone
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by 9jagobetter: 9:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
clip: Sleep= Samsung
Death = IPhone
sentiments apart (& I don't belong to any faction), samsung has beaten apple in many ways. And even Steve Jobs in his grave cannot contest that fact.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Jeffy1206(m): 10:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
Wats de hype on iphone self.abegi !! Na waste of mony be dat.de size ain't match, soft wares nop ram processor not anywhere near...iphones ain't worth de money.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ibietela2(m): 10:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
why would i buy a phone and i cant share or receive file from other device except the one made by the company?

no expandable memory

no removable battery

iapple SUCKS
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Olumidzti(m): 1:17am On Mar 22, 2013
The truth is dt the apple fan base is reducing by the day. There 're somethings apple do these days that smell of desperation.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Jeffy1206(m): 5:56am On Mar 22, 2013
I shud tell nigerians (me too ) that being expensive isn't what dat mata (nt de one in chelsea lol ) but we prefer dat one dat is so exploiting, apple is helping you in anywhere just some stupid crap of sh**...
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 22, 2013
Where are u that you didn't hear about d release of samsung S4?
D phone has a 1.9 gigaharz processor with 8 Cores. The screen is HD super Amoled. 2 gig of ram. And much more with crazy battery life.. Now tell me, which iphone beats that with their overpriced pieces of sh*t?
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Jeffy1206(m): 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
solidbroda: Where are u that you didn't hear about d release of samsung S4?
D phone has a 1.9 gigaharz processor with 8 Cores. The screen is HD super Amoled. 2 gig of ram. And much more with crazy battery life.. Now tell me, which iphone beats that with their overpriced pieces of sh*t?
at the end we are not still convinced...sammy all the way jooor
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by KazaaUpload: 11:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
The statistics tell us that anybody on here that says the iPhone is crap vs the Samsung, is in the minority, because despite everything, the iPhone 5 is still the biggest selling phone with just three models, despite the fact that Samsung are bringing out a new device like almost every week.
My opinion why iPhone is better;
- the biggest apps ALWAYS come to iPhone first. Check history and you will see
- android is the most insecure OS there is today. Buggy and not secure.
- iTunes still has largest media collection
- easy to back up into the cloud with iCloud built in
- if my iPhone breaks or I need ANY support whatsoever, I can walk into any Apple store in The world an it gets sorted (I appreciate that this doesn't happen in Naija tho)
- video compression over email
- updates to OS are quicker and more frequent
- classier phone (glass, vs the plastic on the S3 and S4)
- thinner and lighter. If I need a massive screen I will buy a tablet, not a phone
- better speaker
- iTunes U: free app with one of the largest collection of free education tools on the web

These are just opinions, and are my opinions. But again, judging by sales alone most people still prefer te iPhone over The galaxy, even though galaxy is cheaper. That says something

1 Like

Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by 9jagobetter: 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2013
KazaaUpload: The statistics tell us that anybody on here that says the iPhone is crap vs the Samsung, is in the minority, because despite everything, the iPhone 5 is still the biggest selling phone with just three models, despite the fact that Samsung are bringing out a new device like almost every week.
- if my iPhone breaks or I need ANY support whatsoever, I can walk into any Apple store in The world an it gets sorted (I appreciate that this doesn't happen in Naija tho)
- thinner and lighter. If I need a massive screen I will buy a tablet, not a phone
- better speaker
- iTunes U: free app with one of the largest collection of free education tools on the web

These are just opinions, and are my opinions. But again, judging by sales alone most people still prefer te iPhone over The galaxy, even though galaxy is cheaper. That says something
yes that's true. But apple iphone5 selling more than samsung galaxy s3 in the last quarter of 2012 doesn't mean it's a better phone than galaxy s3. And if apple were not so desperate, we should be comparing samsung galaxy s3 with iPhone 4s not 5. & iPhone 5 with s4 which you already know what the outcome will be.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Jeffy1206(m): 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2013
9ja_go_better: yes that's true. But apple iphone5 selling more than samsung galaxy s3 in the last quarter of 2012 doesn't mean it's a better phone than galaxy s3. And if apple were not so desperate, we should be comparing samsung galaxy s3 with iPhone 4s not 5. & iPhone 5 with s4 which you already know what the outcome will be.
what is the outcome am curiose to know undecided undecided
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Jeffy1206(m): 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
KazaaUpload: The statistics tell us that anybody on here that says the iPhone is crap vs the Samsung, is in the minority, because despite everything, the iPhone 5 is still the biggest selling phone with just three models, despite the fact that Samsung are bringing out a new device like almost every week.
- classier phone (glass, vs the plastic on the S3 and S4)in terms of apps ya,apart from that not a march in terms of ram,durability of de battery and lot more...
- better speaker

Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Jeffy1206(m): 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
- classier phone (glass, vs the plastic on the S3 and S4)in terms of apps ya,apart from that not a march in terms of ram,durability of de battery and lot more...
- better speaker

Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Jeffy1206(m): 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2013
- better speaker

Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by 9jagobetter: 12:56am On Mar 24, 2013
Jeffy1206: what is the outcome am curiose to know undecided undecided
with the new features coming with galaxy s4, iPhone 5 won't stand a chance..
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Jeffy1206(m): 3:05am On Mar 24, 2013
9ja_go_better: with the new features coming with galaxy s4, iPhone 5 won't stand a chance..
ofcourse.and still iphone freak will tell u dat iphones still beta when de fact is clear (res ipsa loquitur ).
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by 9jagobetter: 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
Jeffy1206: ofcourse.and still iphone freak will tell u dat iphones still beta when de fact is clear (res ipsa loquitur ).
they know, they just won't accept it. That's y you've not seen many comments from iPhone fans. If it was 2 or 3 years ago, they would hv stood up for iPhone.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by clip: 5:09am On Mar 25, 2013
To be honest, Samsung looks more creative in terms of software but iPhone is just unique.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by texazzpete(m): 9:08am On Mar 25, 2013
solidbroda: Where are u that you didn't hear about d release of samsung S4?
D phone has a 1.9 gigaharz processor with 8 Cores.

False

solidbroda: And much more with crazy battery life..

You don't know this

solidbroda: Now tell me, which iphone beats that with their overpriced pieces of sh*t?

You'll have to make a comparison with the 2013 iPhone...
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ewizard1: 10:56am On Mar 25, 2013
- better speaker

hmmm... I dnt knw what to say here. Have you googled these devices at all? Pls do. Imagine a phone dat wont allow its users share files with other platform user!!! IT SUCKS !!! They should just make iWorld so their fans can go live there.
Îmagine a cross-platform app (Whatsapp), free to all xcept apple. Stupid useless arrogant fools. (i know some peeps wld attack and call me poor... dont u peeps think?) Android, being an open source os, has the most number of stunning apps.(pls dnt ask me for examples Google is our friend)
An os open for you to p!mp to your own taste,what else could be great. Unlike the imprisoned iUsers. Even RIM still beta small.
Get an Android device, root it, you control your own world.
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by texazzpete(m): 11:09am On Mar 25, 2013
ewizard1:

hmmm... I dnt knw what to say here. Have you googled these devices at all? Pls do. Imagine a phone dat wont allow its users share files with other platform user!!! IT SUCKS !!! They should just make iWorld so their fans can go live there.
Îmagine a cross-platform app (Whatsapp), free to all xcept apple. Stupid useless arrogant fools. (i know some peeps wld attack and call me poor... dont u peeps think?) Android, being an open source os, has the most number of stunning apps.(pls dnt ask me for examples Google is our friend)
An os open for you to p!mp to your own taste,what else could be great. Unlike the imprisoned iUsers. Even RIM still beta small.
Get an Android device, root it, you control your own world.

Don't be dramatic. You don't 'control your world' with Android.

Far more developers have iOS as the lead platform for app development...so most apps come to iOS FIRST and sometimes don't show up on Android.

Whatsapp is 0.99 dollars. Less than N160. WTF, why do you people always INSIST on making Android look like a platform of stingy cheapskates? As far as i know, Whatsapp is not free on Android permanently. It's free for a limited time and then you'll have to make a 99 cents payment.

You CAN share some files with other users, just no ALL files and not over Bluetooth. Sucks for some people, some others couldn't care less.

I still can't get over the 'silly arrogant useless fools' line when referring to an app that costs 99 cents. WTF is wrong with you?!
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Segunagagu(m): 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
cry embarassed cry wat of blackberry na...y are people nt talking of blackberry. Yet its a very very good smartphone. #crying#
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Jeffy1206(m): 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
Segun agagu: cry embarassed cry wat of blackberry na...y are people nt talking of blackberry. Yet its a very very good smartphone. #crying#
lol u min crapberry?
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Segunagagu(m): 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
Jeffy1206: lol u min crapberry?
Haaaaaaa y na. Don't make me sell my fone plssss...
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ewizard1: 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
texazzpete:

Far more developers have iOS as the lead platform for app development...so most apps come to iOS FIRST and sometimes don't show up on Android.

Whatsapp is 0.99 dollars. Less than N160. WTF, why do you people always INSIST on making Android look like a platform of stingy cheapskates? As far as i know, Whatsapp is not free on Android permanently. It's free for a limited time and then you'll have to make a 99 cents payment.

You CAN share some files with other users, just no ALL files and not over Bluetooth. Sucks for some people, some others couldn't care less.

I still can't get over the 'silly arrogant useless fools' line when referring to an app that costs 99 cents. WTF is wrong with you?!

Sir.. Whatsapp is free for the first year of download. Even if its N50. Its FREE for all other platforms, why should dy give a charge for what's suppose to be free. 2. in terms of apps, Not all apps wld be made for all platforms. There are apps that are availabĺe for apple and not for others and vice versa. But talking bout who got the most stunning app? Android! why? cos its an open platform. if you think you can do something for it. FEEL FREE! Should u havnt heard, android got the HIGHEST number of apps. Pls google. twas 40million the last time i checked. And developers havnt stopped.
Lets do something. Make researches... Name mad stunning app apple got. Would let you knw what the GREEN ROBOT got in its box. *winks*
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by Ositainklord(m): 12:19am On Mar 26, 2013
ewizard1:

Sir.. Whatsapp is free for the first year of download. Even if its N50. Its FREE for all other platforms, why should dy give a charge for what's suppose to be free. 2. in terms of apps, Not all apps wld be made for all platforms. There are apps that are availabĺe for apple and not for others and vice versa. But talking bout who got the most stunning app? Android! why? cos its an open platform. if you think you can do something for it. FEEL FREE! Should u havnt heard, android got the HIGHEST number of apps. Pls google. twas 40million the last time i checked. And developers havnt stopped.
Lets do something. Make researches... Name mad stunning app apple got. Would let you knw what the GREEN ROBOT got in its box. *winks*
Ure spot on! These apple fanboys should think nah!!! *I*-phone puts the *I* in *I*diot, stup*I*d, *I*rrelevant!
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by ibietela2(m): 7:31am On Mar 26, 2013
texazzpete:

Dude whatsapp is not free for ALL not just android so get your facts right. Why do you always behave ....... When you are giving facts. iApple iphone SUCKS
Re: Are Samsung Smartphones Now Officially Better That Apple Iphones? by texazzpete(m): 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
ewizard1:

This is why i hate arguing with you imbecilic m0r0ns...you know so little yet make the most noise.

Whatsapp is free only for the first year on Android. After that it's a 99 cent/year payment. On iOS, the one-time payment for the app comes from Whatsapp themselves and has nothing to do with Apple. Whatsapp have even confirmed that they will change this to the same subscription model as on other platforms.

If you were smart, you'd realise it saves you more money when you make a onetime payment of 99 cents and pay nothing else for life than having the first year free and then paying 99 cents per year non-stop.

If you really think Google Play has 40 million apps, you're more dense than I thought. Currently both iOS and Android stores are about even with app count, but Apple IS still the first point of call for app developers. They make more money on the iOS platform.

I can't believe you went on a rant for N150. Smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unable To Unlock Tecno D5 / Infinix Hot 2 (android One) May Get Android Nougat Update Soon / Nice Phone, But Rare And Not Popular.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.