Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! (15919 Views)

The Most Successful Job Interview Tactic / Another Job Hunting Tactic - Can This Work In Naija? / Wanta New Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by viexcey(f): 7:55am On Mar 21, 2013
Two week ago, i got a text msg on my phone with six different recharge card pins and the msg reads;" please manage this,its 12k.i will soon send money to you through mama". When i saw this sms i was like,how can some1 make this kind of mistake with 12k recharge pins? before i could even finish reading the msg,the number called and was like

Him: "please i made a mistake while sending the sms,i wanted to send it to my younger sister".
Me: no problem
Him: please,i will call u back later,lemme send it to her.
Me: no problems
Some minutes later, he called back.
Him: thank you so much,i appreciate it
Me: anytime.
Him: thanks, i'm(he called one name) and i work with NNPC. Please what's your own name?
Something inside me( lemme call it God)told me that he's fake.so,i answered
Me: its not necessary,what's important is ur pins which you have gotten back.
Him: ok,thanks
Me: uw
Later,something struck me and i was like if he can send money through his mama to his sister,why didn't he do it at the first place. This gave me to courage to try the pins.ALAS! All the pins don't exist.

Note: as a job seekers,we have to be careful.its not the 1st i'm experiencing it but thank God,i haven't fallen for any. May God help us all.

4 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by bunchyproject(m): 11:58am On Mar 21, 2013
Scammed money will never last! Buy a genuine property in portharcourt https://www.nairaland.com/bunchyproject/topics
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by profola2be(m): 12:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
Thank you jare for the information,but those scammer know very well;they don't try me,because they end up becoming my own MUGU!
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by JUO(m): 12:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
naija with creativity

1 Like

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by kenoid480: 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
Nawah o ,nigerians
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by chelseabmw(m): 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
CHEAP SCAM BY A CHEAP FRAUDSTER

2 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by gbanikiti(m): 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
yawns...... ok
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by tonyx4x44(m): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
If that kind IQ-less guy job you, go for pyschiatrist evaluation

3 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Bantino(m): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
Naija!!!
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by kspeed(m): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
Erm..MBA
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
so whats the point .? It eluded me.

5 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Beaf1: 12:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
Yes. It supposed to tell you 'the pin has been used'. The PINS never existed in the first place.
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by DJDOLA(m): 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
why wil u come here and open my secret nah...dats anoda way of toastin a girl u got her nomber somewere its not a scam ok

5 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by noskeybaba: 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2013
They go t0 NYSC year book for passing out corp members, get your name and phone number and text you like this:
"Hi emeka, its your friend Ugoo, we served together in Edo state, I have secured a Job with in Agip with the help of my inlaw, there are more space so I wanted to knw if you are interested, send your CV to my email anuofia@ yahoo.com so I can process it."

I got like 10 of SMS like this. Ignore them they are scam artists!!!

7 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
See what joblessness has caused Nigerian youths ... making em go extra miles in order for em to attain the heights of our present society .... smh .... God please change the situation of this country

2 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
@OP:

Bros u Sharp oo.. I for wreck you if to say you o cut that call.. Next time sha.. grin grin grin
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Giftedgreen: 12:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
I still dont get how this is a scam. Someone please enlighten me

2 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by RedLight1: 12:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
this doesnt make sense to me undecided

2 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by RedLight1: 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2013
DJDOLA: why wil u come here and open my secret nah...dats anoda way of toastin a girl u got her nomber somewere its not a scam ok
i thoght as much

1 Like

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by TableLeg(m): 12:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
chelseabmw: CHEAP SCAM BY A CHEAP FRAUDSTER
Who will soon be caught and jailed forever!
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Oahray: 12:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ok you escaped being scammed by a 'dumb fraudster' with God's intervention.

So what is the point of this post? It teaches us:

(a) Not to read our text messages.

(b) Read our text messages but not load any card in it.

(c) Read our text messages, load recharge pin(s) in it and call the sender scam when it turns out the pins ('mistakenly sent' to us) do not exist.

Before you answer, what if you had loaded it and discovered it was real? Would you have refunded?

10 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Archmed(m): 12:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
he sent u wrong pins.,,u refused to load it cos u suspected he's fake..u got him..he apologised and hung up.hw d guy wan take scam u,we no know!
No be 2day we don dey receive sophisticated scam messages.I read through thinking u've discoverd sometin new.
No lessons learnt.

6 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by sagytariusTM1: 12:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
I don't get the format. How would he have defrauded a non-suspecting victim?

1 Like

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Phrankin(m): 12:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
learner
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by ochukoccna: 12:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
Red-Light:
this doesnt make sense to me undecided
Giftedgreen: I still dont get how this is a scam. Someone please enlighten me
chukwuma101: so whats the point .? It eluded me.
sagytarius™:
I don't get the format. How would he have defrauded a non-suspecting victim?

Its just like a guy flashing wads of foreign exchange to entice a lady
Or talking big over the phone as we do in Nigeria
Ever seen complimentary cards bearing 'friend of the governor of so so state'?
Recall he said he works at NNPC
Think of the different directions he could have taken the conversation tongue tongue especially if the OP has lowered his guard
The cards and NNPC work na bait to hook one's greed
Get it now or ARE YOU STILL A LEARNER? grin grin grin wink cheesy wink

10 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Profidada: 12:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
I participated in the first batch of the federal govt youwin prog but i did not make the last list. But i dont know how these fraudsters got to know about my details, since then they have been disturbing me, posing as world bank officials and promising me jobs. Well, i have been looking for ways of forwarding their phone numbers to relevant authorities.

1 Like

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Nautillus(m): 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
Nice.

Just incase it happens to you (or anyone out there) again..

just reply that you are inspector or captain or any good rank...so so and so working with SARs Lion Building or SSS office... or 186th batalion Nigerian Army.

grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by a1solution: 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
DJDOLA: why wil u come here and open my secret nah...dats anoda way of toastin a girl u got her nomber somewere its not a scam ok
Bad guy. Though not ur fault some Nigerian girls dont like truth.
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by azpekuliar: 12:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
Na old toasting trick jare. The end was not to scam you, but to woo you...OP take note.

2 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by dopeJemi: 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
Wats d scam here I don't get it

He simpLy tot u'd be a girL dats why he used dat method buh luck didn't shine on him.. U just kilL d guy spirit, na u even scam ​A♏ sef grin
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by NET1(m): 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
azpekuliar: Na old toasting trick jare. The end was not to scam you, but to woo you...OP take note.

exactly my thoughts.

.NET

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office / VIRTUAL HUMAN RESOURCES RECRUITING. / RJ Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.