Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! (15921 Views)

The Most Successful Job Interview Tactic / Another Job Hunting Tactic - Can This Work In Naija? / Wanta New Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by beckycute1: 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
Its a scam,
They would call you back requesting to know you and what you do.
If you tell them u are a job seeker
They will insist on helping you.
It happened to my sister.
She sent her cv to the guy and he promised to help talk to his boss about her, insisting nice pple like her needed help.
After a week of the charade, he told her he was coming to lagos, that he runs hz mba @ unilag, on his supposed trip to lagos, he was stopped by military men, during the scruffle, he tore the uniform of one of them, and he doesn't have cash on him to beg them with. That was how my sister knew he was fake.she then asked him "who travels without spare money, how did you plan to fuel your car while on the road"?
The guy was forming crying and said she was embarrassing him, that she put him in the position because he used the money he had on him to shop for her,
She called him ole and dropped the call
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
Dumb fraud tactics
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by lordeazy: 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
Intrestng dats all i can say
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by engrhorla(m): 1:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
Guys,tk it eazy wt dis guy nah...
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by POLICECAP: 1:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
Archmed: he sent u wrong pins.,,u refused to load it cos u suspected he's fake..u got him..he apologised and hung up.hw d guy wan take scam u,we no know!
No be 2day we don dey receive sophisticated scam messages.I read through thinking u've discoverd sometin new.
No lessons learnt.

Like seriously I thot it was smtin new. Mtcheeeew. And the op thinks he is smart for crossing a huddle every fool would av crossed.
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
Oahray: Ok you escaped being scammed by a 'dumb fraudster' with God's intervention.

So what is the point of this post? It teaches us:

(a) Not to read our text messages.

(b) Read our text messages but not load any card in it.

(c) Read our text messages, load recharge pin(s) in it and call the sender scam when it turns out the pins ('mistakenly sent' to us) do not exist.

Before you answer, what if you had loaded it and discovered it was real? Would you have refunded?

no be scam he wan toast am. all na scope. like say card enter
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by jasper7(m): 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
ON BEHALF OF THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FRAUDSTERS
This is by every means the handwork of a learner angry. we deny connection to the fraudster or intending fraudster who tried to pull this one on you. he is not smart enough and inexperienced, and thereby doesn't deserve membership in our esteemed association. This scam attempt is an embarrassment to every Fraudster around the world

SIGNED
Chief Otedola grin
Chairman

MTN BIS
secretary grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
jasper7: ON BEHALF OF THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FRAUDSTERS
This is by every means the handwork of a learner angry. we deny connection to the fraudster or intending Hoeyindarmolar nawti kupolokun who tried to pull this one on you. he is not smart enough and inexperienced, and thereby doesn't deserve membership in our esteemed association. This scam attempt is an embarrassment to every Fraudster around the world

SIGNED
Chief Otedola grin
Chairman

MTN BIS
secretary grin grin grin

grin grin angry grin

1 Like

Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by firetrap(m): 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
this same thing happened to me 2 days ago ur post just enlightened me. the only difference is that the person didn't call me. op if I may ask did u just finish serving? cos if yes, they got ur number through the passing out magazine published by nysc for the p.o.p
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Dsage1: 3:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
This is by every means the handwork of a learner angry. we deny connection to the fraudster or intending fraudster who tried to pull this one on you. he is not smart enough and inexperienced, and thereby doesn't deserve membership in our esteemed association. This scam attempt is an embarrassment to every Fraudster around the world

SIGNED
Chief Otedola grin
Chairman

MTN BIS
secretary grin grin grin

Guy you funny no be small!
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2013
-
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by toluls(m): 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
sagytarius™:
I don't get the format. How would he have defrauded a non-suspecting victim?

As some guyz rightly stated, could b a toasting trick.

Buh wiv d level of unemployment in the country, and almost every graduate hoping for a job in an oil company. Dat kind of stuff d op experienced, if well packaged, could be an elaborate scam.

The sender thanks you for not using the cards and creates a relationship with u. He most likely knows u r in search of a job and tells u about a job opening in d "company he works for". You trust him and send ur cv, thinking he is helping u because u helped him, rmba u didn't load his cards. As time goes on he asks u to part wiv a lil money to settle some boss, and b4 u realize its a scam, ur money's gone.

Be careful wiv "nice" strangers and use ur discretion, country don hard O°˚˚˚ º°˚˚°ºoo.. .

TLS.
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Obinoscopy(m): 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: Still on scammers..One Tunde Ogunusi( a Nairalander) posted to advertise a lecturing job..being a young lecturer seeking greener pastures, I called one of the numbers he posted.He called back and told me about one Kings Poly and how lecturers are needed. Well, I sent him my CV and lo and behold..This man kept calling and calling ( as if I was the one offering him a job)..and finally, he said I should pay 8K so that I will be shortlisted for interview..
I cut off the call at that point cos I knew right there and then that he is a scammer..I have gone for interviews in several higher institutions one of them being Fulokoja..and not once have I been asked to pay any amount of money for shortlisting..

#My point is, only scammers will ask a job seeker to pay before an interview is granted them..So job seekers beware..
Please can you give us his username and the phone number he uses so that we can fish him out and prevent others from falling prey. Thanks
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Obinoscopy(m): 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: I don't know his username on NL, a friend saw the thread he created and sent me his number..
His e-mail addy is Tundeogunusi@yahoo.com
His number: 0813*******..
(The one he posted on NL)
#He called me with other numbers as well but I didn't save them on my phone.

Thanks Hotnaijababe for providing these details. Sorry for your erroneous ban by our spambot. It would seem those details you provided are already red flagged as scam thus the person has been banned. Thanks once again.
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by misstobi: 7:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
DJDOLA: why wil u come here and open my secret nah...dats anoda way of toastin a girl u got her nomber somewere its not a scam ok
grin grin ode
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
na Very Cheap format be dat.
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by Kennysazzy(m): 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
Mphhhheeeew i tort somtin New its not a scam naaa...old sku stuff Ωa̅h 2 clich grl naa
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by eminex(m): 11:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
noskeybaba: They go t0 NYSC year book for passing out corp members, get your name and phone number and text you like this:
"Hi emeka, its your friend Ugoo, we served together in Edo state, I have secured a Job with in Agip with the help of my inlaw, there are more space so I wanted to knw if you are interested, send your CV to my email anuofia@ yahoo.com so I can process it."

I got like 10 of SMS like this. Ignore them they are scam artists!!!

thank u bro. I got exactly d same text too 3wks ago. I jus wanted 2 play along so i engaged dem in som discussion. I was told 2 bring 25k 2 secure d Agip form & i told dem 2 pay it 4 me dat wen i start workin wit d said Agip i'll re-embosse dem. They disagreed wen i said dat & i laughed.

i think such numbers they use should b reported 2 d network operators 4 dem 2 b tracked & arraigned.
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by nzeasa: 6:41am On Mar 22, 2013

SIGNED
Chief Otedola grin
Chairman

MTN BIS
secretary grin grin grin
you made my day. Thanks alot
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by tombeh(m): 8:14am On Mar 22, 2013
U go fear naija guyz na. grin shocked
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by greygoblings(m): 5:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
azpekuliar: Na old toasting trick jare. The end was not to scam you, but to woo you...OP take note.
you de talk rubbish. It is a pure scam. I had a friend who fell for it. The person will tell you that you are a honest person for not loading the card and will tell you that in return he would help you secure a job at NNPC. That you'd have to secure your position with a particular amount. This is a old scam as it happened to my friend a couple of years back. At the end she noticed it was a scam when she said she wants to see the person physically and he asked for transport that his car got bad along the way and he didn't hold his cash filled ATM card. IT IS A SCAM
Re: New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! by mdee1(m): 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
Guy d pin fit be real,maybe nah network no make am work.abeg send am may i try am again ;-)

(1) (2) (Reply)

TSL Test/interview Invite On Thursday / Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office / VIRTUAL HUMAN RESOURCES RECRUITING.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.