Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch (23013 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Super Eagles Players Train In Port-Harcourt Ahead Of Match Against Niger (Photos / Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by kbdrim(m): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
This is not new na..African countries just look at how to get unfair advantage over competitors. I remember Nigeria fixing matches at 1pm when they host north African countries..anyways we had better make our own preparations when we visit them grin grin grin
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by yemmy19(m): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
pDude: Who dem be sef? Abi dem be Chelsea grin

Abeg park well jor. Una nor happy sef
U must be stupid,αяє they not humans like u ......NFF should not have treated †ђξ kenyans like ∂!ѕ,its uncalled ƒσя,imagining training in that kind of unconducive ground,na wah for maigari and co
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by dadicvila(m): 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
We have never been known for this kind of attitude...though we receive it from other countries,maybe NFF have decided to play by the books
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Itoroetti(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
hurricaneChris: What goes around, comes around
How?
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by ekhai(m): 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
I APPLAUD THE NFF FOR THIS. THE KENYANS ARE BEEN PAID BACK. ARE THEY NOT THE ONES THAT PLAYED THE OLD NAIJA NATIONAL ANTHEM THE OTHER TIME WE PLAYED AGAINST THEM IN NAIROBI?
eghost247: [size=15pt]this is just messed up like why would the NFF do something like this shocked shocked shocked[/size]

2 Likes

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Goodysydney: 2:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
Abrantie: I pray Kenya beats the crap out of your supper fowls.
Senseless ape ghanaian. Super eagles of Nigeria that is the current Africa Champion and Chalcoal Apes of Ghana that have not win any thing for past 32 years. Who is better? Pls slowpoke pray for Charcoal Apes of Ghana to qualify because Zambia is leading in ur group.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by ekhai(m): 2:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
Akshow: meaning? dont u know that an eye for an eye will leave everybody blind? so because we get treated shabbily by other africans (mind u i dont even believe) this is the best we can give a visiting team? its shameful!
WE ARE GOOD IN COMPLAINING. IF THEY TREAT US BADLY, WE COMPLAIN, IF WE SHOW OUR OWN UGLY SIDE, WE ALSO COMPLAIN. SECOND BASS JARE. [color=#990000][/color]
grin

2 Likes

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by walata2011(m): 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2013
This is not a good way of hosting visitors coming to our country.
We should be more hospitable to the Kenyans, after all its just a game of sport.
I know Nigerians to be hospitable and it is important this is investigated.
Football is to be played and enjoyed, not to win at all costs.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by dabossman(m): 2:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
Personally, I think this is just a ruse by the Kenyan Federation to make excuses for their team if they lose and also make Nigeria look bad. Never in our history (at least as far back as I remember) have we ever done this to any visiting team. Worst case scenario, we will take them to the training pitch at the National Stadium in Surulere.

I bet the Kenyans opted to training on a pitch close to their hotel after missing their flight to Calabar, and then turned around to blame it on the NFF.

However, if I'm wrong, then shame on the NFF. We need not descend to the levels of other African nations who treat our teams unfairly.

1 Like

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ada Nri1: should I be angry? I think not. They hate Nigerians but expect Nigeria to treat them like princes. On the other hand, how does NFF treat its own.

You'll always get an excuse to justify the lackadaisical attitude and lack of organization of the NFF, won't you? This has got nothing to do with outsiders "hating" Nigerians, it has got everything to do with the lack of professionalism on the part of NFF. On the other hand, I could be wrong, maybe some people are that childish.....I can imagine them having a discussion in the boardroom..."oh, let's mistreat them since they hate us"....
Since when does any national team train in a local primary school of its host country anywhere in the world? If the Super Eagles came to Kenya and were given a primary school ground to train on, then you will be justified to say Kenyans hate you, like you imagine everyone else does. For all I know the Super Eagles have staunch supporters in Kenya.

T.I.A. - True!

2 Likes

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by drnoel: 2:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
I wonder why they didn't send them to my alma mata. The last I checked I know Nigeria still had good places where they could have used. If they wanted to use secondary school fields why did they no go to kings college, St. Gregory's college, Methodist boys college, St. Phimbas and others that still have top quality school fields.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
Kx: Nigerian teams are used to this treatment outside naija.
Liar! Where did they go and were given the grounds of a local primary school to train on?
Name at least 5 countries.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by izzo22: 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
I will say its GEJ fault...abi wetin una want mk i talk again, lol
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by sobastical: 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
What if this people report us to CAF and FIFA?? This is totally unfair
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Didi8: 2:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
I don't care how Nigerians treat other people. Afterall nigerians are not loved anywhere. In the last ACN 2013 in South Africa everyone hated us. I don't really care sha...What matters is that the Super Eagles defeat them by any means necessary.

4 Likes

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by TableLeg(m): 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ada Nri1: should I be angry? I think not. They hate Nigerians but expect Nigeria to treat them like princes. On the other hand, how does NFF treat its own.
Your comment is very daft!
It shouldnt be this way .... Regardless, there are set rules and standards set out by CAF and FIFA
I think the article highlights how very dis-organised, inept and unprofessional our FA is!
It doesnt bode well at all .... Common, this is disgraceful
If Nigeria go somewhere else and get treated like this, i will expect us to make a formal complaint to the appropriate body
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by sweetcheecks(f): 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
Absolutely unacceptable at any standard. Kenya must report this to FIFA, we all know how quick Nigeria is in reporting and getting refs fired.

Anyway why are they training infront of the buildings? This is really disgusting the school does not even have any kind of sport field? Are they expected to lie down on that red dry clay when doing excercises? Really craaaapy i tell you.

Oh, and i like the comments here and the applause but if Nigeria was given the same treatment you would see them screaming murder " they hate us". But I respect Kenya they are silent and are taking it without being cry babies.

But lets mark this thread for when Naija visits another country. Kenya must host them in their prison when they go to
their country. grin

2 Likes

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
Edoboy1: At times, some things happen in this country that I begin to ask myself" y Nigeria? Y Dis country?". The whole sector is so corrupt that GEJ is not even the problem of the country. May God help us all.
Well, at least you've attributed it to corruption. You know that's what this is all about.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by TableLeg(m): 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
sobastical: What if this people report us to CAF and FIFA?? This is totally unfair
I expect sanctions and a possible fine, if CAF and FIFA decides to take the matter further and found us guilty of not recieving the visitors in accordance to the set guidelines and standards.... It is very disgraceful on Nigeria ... Absolutely pathetic!
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
sweetcheecks:
Oh, and i like the comments here and the applause but if Nigeria was given the same treatment you would see them screaming murder " they hate us". But I respect Kenya they are silent and are taking it without being cry babies.
If it were another country they'd scream "xenophobia!", "they're intimidated by our confidence!" grin grin
Twisted, paranoid people always imagining that the whole world hates them. grin

sweetcheecks:
But lets mark this thread for when Naija visits another country. Kenya must host them in their prison when they go to Kenya. grin
Kenyans are above that. We have no time for childish display of muscles. We don't want people to come to our country and leave shouting "xenophobia!" even when it's them throwing feacal matter in your faces. grin

2 Likes

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Slankey: 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
dabossman: Personally, I think this is just a ruse by the Kenyan Federation to make excuses for their team if they lose and also make Nigeria look bad. Never in our history (at least as far back as I remember) have we ever done this to any visiting team. Worst case scenario, we will take them to the training pitch at the National Stadium in Surulere.

I bet the Kenyans opted to training on a pitch close to their hotel after missing their flight to Calabar, and then turned around to blame it on the NFF.

However, if I'm wrong, then shame on the NFF. We need not descend to the levels of other African nations who treat our teams unfairly.

I totally reckon with you.
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by usdane: 2:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
Giant of Africa!
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Slankey: 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
Why didn't they send an advance party to Nigeria to tidy up their logistics before embarking on their trip. They are cry babies. They should lose like yesterday!!!
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 21, 2013
Table Leg :

I expect sanctions and a possible fine, if CAF and FIFA decides to take the matter further and found us guilty of not recieving the visitors in accordance to the set guidelines and standards.... It is very disgraceful on Nigeria ... Absolutely pathetic!
Disgraceful and pathetic? Can't you see your brothers are applauding the act and rejoicing?
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Umunede(m): 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
ozo-dimgba:
I wonder why my con3 alwayz take things for guaranted. One good turn deserves another, no be today talk. One day now supereagles will find themselves in kenya, they would be be camped in an open market, in reteriation for this. God help 9ja.
Not one day. Infact, our next match in June is in Kenya against this same team. I am just thinking about the kind of treatment they will give to us
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by slam7000(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2013
This is embarrassing,no matter what Nigeria went through in Nairobi the last time they met,the present scenario is unacceptable.Nigeria has got the players to defeat kenya without resorting to funny psychological games like this..They should not give kenya any excuse to complain after saturdays match.Besides that,NFF and all Nigerian football fans should note that we will still meet them in kenya,That match could be very important like the last time we met them.

Nigeria can complain about the treatment they received from them yrs ago,fifa and caf will not listen to that,kenya is the under dog and they have evidence with this pictures to show for it.

I think kenya is doing very well with this psychological tactics,no matter the out come of saturdays match,the real loser will be Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
Didi_8: I don't care how Nigerians treat other people.
And you you're not obliged to. However, the NFF is giving Nigeria a bad name. Wouldn't you want your country to host a tournament in future? Do you really think this adds to their CV?
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
usdane: Giant of Africa!
Of course they are, only that if the reverse was happening and Nigeria was on the receiving end, you'd change your tune to "Xenophobia!" grin grin

1 Like

Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by obaoke: 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
Nothing in that pics shows that they are in Nigeria.Nothing even shows that this is recent
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by creativemusic: 2:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Umunede(m): 2:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Abrantie: I pray Kenya beats the crap out of your supper fowls.
u don de get mouth again? If we yab ur con3 now, u go de cry
Re: NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
Umunede: Not one day. Infact, our next match in June is in Kenya against this same team. I am just thinking about the kind of treatment they will give to us
You have nothing to worry about, Nigerians will be well-treated. Kenyans know better than to mistreat people because they "hate" them. They are not as emotional.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iheanacho, Simon, Awoniyi Called Up For U23 Cup Of Nations / AFCON: Egyptian Arrested For Taking Mostafa Mohamed's Place In Exam / "We Are Coming Back" - Paul Pogba After Manchester United 4-1 Win!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.