Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,006 members, 7,817,970 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

System Restarts Repeatedly - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / System Restarts Repeatedly (3674 Views)

Computer Restarts When Playing Games / My Internet Explorer Restarts! / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

System Restarts Repeatedly by Blessed2k: 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2008
my computer restarts repeatedly i asked microsoft about it and i was told that a file called kernel32.dll is corrupt that i should use a windows xp cd to boot into does environment and expand that particular file using the following command
device/expand kernel32.dl_ i followed the instruction but it gave me an erroe command
so can anyone tell me how to restore my system to its original state cos i dont want to format cos of the files i have in it. please anybody this is very urgent.
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by femishop(m): 12:44pm On Mar 28, 2008
format d system papi, adios cool
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by dayooye(m): 4:25pm On Mar 28, 2008
you dont have to format your system because of that.ok. just use your windows xp cd o repair the existing windows installation. you can do that without formating the system.ok
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by cooldudeng(m): 6:15pm On Mar 30, 2008
dayooye:

you don't have to format your system because of that.ok. just use your windows xp cd o repair the existing windows installation. you can do that without formating the system.ok

I go with him. If you need further assistance. IM me at cdude65@yahoo.com. I do this fix all the time
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by Blessed2k: 8:34am On Apr 01, 2008
still not enough detail to resolve the problem please i still need help from anybody
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by Neoteny(m): 9:18am On Apr 01, 2008
google for, and download, kernel 32.dll and place it in your windows/system32 folder. reboot. and bada-bing, bob's your uncle.

careful, though, theres a flood virus known as kernel32.exe
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 01, 2008
reinstall windows.

you can reinstall while selecting the option to keep your files.

afterward, navigate to c\documents and settings. you will see your documents/files under your old user name.

your program files will also be untouched. you may have to delete some program folders since a lot of programs may not run

note however, that reinstalling windows wipes out the registry and the system 32 folder , which means that any application that requires registry entries (or creates files in system 32 )to run will not work.

hope this helps.
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by tunscolo(m): 11:44am On Apr 01, 2008
dayooye:

you don't have to format your system because of that.ok. just use your windows xp cd o repair the existing windows installation. you can do that without formating the system.ok

Yes, He is a good engineer in the house. That's it. But keep note of all your existing device drivers if necessary use a driver back up program to back-up those drivers like the modem and sound. Video and others are usually always taken care of by Windows by default but most of the cases not the sounds and the modems.

Thank you.
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by Nicesoul(m): 2:51pm On Apr 01, 2008
@ Poster

My own contribution is first, back up your file then format your system. You have a virus on your computer and the earlier you get rid of it the better for you.

After formatting, get an anti virus installed on your computer before you transfer you files back to your computer. I hope this helps and if not, please get in touch on 08020579189 or email lateeph@gmail.com.

Regards
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by baur(m): 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2008
I think the problem is a virus problem,all you have to do is to format the system make sure you back up your vitae documents before formating, Good luck.
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by dotab: 7:39am On Apr 03, 2008
, if you try all the suggestions and the problem persist, i'll advise you change your RAM. it does reboot system as well. goodluck
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by uspry1(f): 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2008
I don't know if this is what you look for. Here is the following link step by step how of Windows XP Repair Install at below:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/429350/XP-REPAIR-INSTALL
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by DualCore1: 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2008
its true formatting could solve the problem. but for a real techy, formatting is a last resort, not the first resort. there are other ways to do this before formatting. i've read all the posts above mine and i'll put my money on neotony's suggestion (not like the others are wrong though). its same thing as repairing windows, but this time u're doing it manually since u know the "offending" file.
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by Awesomepal(m): 6:26am On Apr 05, 2008
See, I know what it means to be having a problem with your system, and it appears to defy all suggestions.

From experience, there are many causes of your PC having to reboot, like hardware conflict, systems error, virus attack, corrupt operating systems, damaged, etc.

I provide solutions all the time, some of which you might not find in the books! I also know the importance of safe-guarding your data, so, dont settle for less, cool?

For the pin-point solution to this and many other laptops, desktops and network issues, call me on:

0806-634-3377
0805-634-3377
0802-634-3377

All of the numbers 're working, but store all, due to network issues, ca pish?

Pal, I can put that hump behind you, and you can take that to the bank!

~Fletcher
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by Blessed2k: 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2008
i thanks you all for your assistance, i ll try all ur suggestions but in case nothing works and i resolve to format can someone tell me how to back up my drivers and how to install them back into the system
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by marcm: 11:33am On Apr 10, 2008
Hey everyone i got probs with my systems they reboot all the time i have formatted them several times and yet the same problem occurs what do you think i should do? i have taken 2 of my systems elsewhere and it worked perfectly ok but when i get back to my office they restart unneccesarily
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 18, 2008
friend all u have to do is to put in a windows xp cd and boot from cd rom after which wen u get to install windows or repair or esc, chose repair it i will take u to dos prompt with request 4 administrators password hope u have it after that on d prompt proper type this command chkdsk /r and wait. wen it is 100 percent complete type exit ur sysetem will reboot take off d xp cd and that is all ur system is set to work again. call me after trying on 08038649691. aliyu
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 25, 2008
At times the processor may be responsible for it, check if the processor
is getting enough air
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by slovely: 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2008
@Blessed2K
What you need to do if you dont want to loose your files is to copy all your files from my document into a folder in your Local C
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2008
mailgaius:

[url]http://pikin80.regfix, net/[/url] this will fix up. ok

What kind of link is that?
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by Steroid101(m): 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2008
Also check your RAM , if you have two, remove one, check; put it back and remove the other. RAM can also be the problem. Again check your computer temperature settings during startup, make sure it is turned off
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by domedoyou: 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2008
things that cause systems to reboot repeatedly are virus attack and Bad power supply.
if you need more help call me on 08036437075
Re: System Restarts Repeatedly by TmeD0(m): 4:29pm On May 09, 2008
Having read all the responses, I will have to agree with neotony and dual core.  Formatting should always be the last resort!  Do as neotony suggested but I'd do it in safe mode.  By the way, while you're in safe mode run a virus scan on your PC to make sure there are no culprits lurking in the dark.  In addition, you can use this free utility to gather information of your system's configurations including device drivers installed on your PC.  If you're still having the same problem, shut down your PC, remove your hard drive and make it a slave drive on another PC.  Then back up all your data from there.  At that point, formatting should be considered.  Good luck to you. Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Do Jumia Sell New Or UK Used Laptops? / Bitdefender Total Security 2016 Full Activation + Offline Installer / How To Lift From Youtube To My System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.