Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Body Hair Removal, Is It And Could It Ever Be The Norm In Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Body Hair Removal, Is It And Could It Ever Be The Norm In Nigeria? (1420 Views)

Poll: preference

natural and untamed: 0% (0 votes)
neat and trimmed: 33% (2 votes)
landing strip: 16% (1 vote)
totally bare: 50% (3 votes)
decorated with crystals: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Removal Of Tribal Marks / Ratchetness Is The New Kenyan Norm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Body Hair Removal, Is It And Could It Ever Be The Norm In Nigeria? by Ajebota(f): 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Nairaland so I hope I am posting in the correct section!

I am well exposed to both Western and Nigerian cultures and have adopted the western approach of minimizing body hair all over. In fact if I had my way, i would only have hair on my head, eyebrows and 'landing strip grin.' What is your opinion on body hair on both sexes? Is is based on personal or hygiene preferences and can Nigerians living in Nigeria ever fully embrace a 'body hair removing' culture?
Re: Body Hair Removal, Is It And Could It Ever Be The Norm In Nigeria? by HRhotness(f): 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2008
I cant wait for it to become the norm,,,,
I'm always in hell when i go visit my mum,,,,

I hate body hair and it just so happens I have lots of it. I have to get waxed as often as every six weeks.
body hair traps sweat and body fluids,,, especially in the nigerian heat, disgusting!
Body hair removal needs to be embraced, to spare the noses of the masses plus ur skin looks brighter without the dulling hair,,,, yuk!
Re: Body Hair Removal, Is It And Could It Ever Be The Norm In Nigeria? by uspry1(f): 4:07pm On Mar 28, 2008
@poster

you post wrong section, this post should be in HEALTH section.
Re: Body Hair Removal, Is It And Could It Ever Be The Norm In Nigeria? by Ajebota(f): 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2008
The section to put this in is tricky because the question covers culture, health, fashion, romance and sexuality. I still want to know what people think particularly those who live mostly in Nigeria.

@ Omo Ibo and HR hotness, I feel u on those points. I am usually in Lagos for 3 months of summer and have resulted to waxing myself (ouch!) when push come to shove! I tell you it can be unpleasant,
Re: Body Hair Removal, Is It And Could It Ever Be The Norm In Nigeria? by mamaput(f): 5:59pm On Mar 29, 2008
never in my life in nigeria did i come across an unshaved woman.
well market women not counted.
Re: Body Hair Removal, Is It And Could It Ever Be The Norm In Nigeria? by Ajebota(f): 12:58am On Mar 30, 2008
hmmn u'd b surprised grin
Re: Body Hair Removal, Is It And Could It Ever Be The Norm In Nigeria? by Ajebota(f): 1:01am On Mar 30, 2008
hmmn u'd b surprised grin
Re: Body Hair Removal, Is It And Could It Ever Be The Norm In Nigeria? by agaba123(m): 9:17pm On Aug 05, 2008
I like it when a woman is smooth.

But I hate the stubs that sprout all over the body after the honeymoon period of hairlessness.

Even leaving the stuff in your landing strip is not very cute for some kinda business.

However, you will find out that Nigerian women in Nigeria and blacks in general are less hairy than them whiet counterpart on average.
Prolly due to the fact that in the tropics, you don't get to cover up as it is in the teperate climate.

Areas covered in the body are most hairy me think

But if you can shave everything, it feels gooooooooooooooooood and looks good.

Guys should shave them armpit and their take off strips even though the europeans will think you are gay.

Those who don't especially in africa will smell like rotten pigs

(1) (Reply)

Who The Ijaws Really Are. / What Can You Do For Nigeria. / 100,000 Expected At Onitsha Ofala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.