Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers (8264 Views)

A Thread For Catholics / Is It Right For Churches To Pay Instrumentalists ? / Choristers Please Help With Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 11:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
Are you a gospel singer, a chorister, a vocalist, a music director? Do you play Drums-sets (acoustic, electric), Keyboard, Bass guitar, Lead guitar, Trumpet, Saxophone, Violin, Flute, Conga, Tambourine et cetera.. ??

Here is a thread for ALL to meet, chat, share idea, contacts, invites and above all, a platform for self development for all and a learning arena for interested persons.

If you have any idea or new material/ manuscript/rudiments for singing and/or ebooks on a particular instrument, pictures and videos, please bring them along to show us.

Oh sorry guys, lemme quickly introduce myself grin
I'm acidosis, I love God & I'll spend my life working for him cool
I play Drums-sets, a learner btw grin

Who are you sir/ma'am?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Idowuogbo(f): 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
I'm Badosky,I lurveee God & I spend my life dancing for him. Contemporary, break dance et al. cool
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 11:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
I love the blue set

The other will get me confused grin I go spoil church service if I handle that one oo

Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 21, 2013
i dey play native drum......does that count ? grin grin
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by CarCam: 11:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
Acidosis: Are you a gospel singer, a chorister, a vocalist, a music director?
Do you play Drums-sets (acoustic, electric), Keyboard, Bass guitar, Lead guitar, Trumpet, Saxophone, Violin, Flute, Conga, Tambourine et cetera.. ??

Here is a thread for ALL to meet, chat, share idea, contacts, invites and above all, a platform for self development for all and a learning arena for interested persons.

If you have any idea or new material/ manuscript/rudiments for singing and/or ebooks
on a particular instrument, pictures and videos, please bring them along to show us.

Who are you sir/ma'am?

The below Furmanczyk Piano Academy Youtube link demystified playing the keyboard, reading music etc for me

I bought a secondhand keyboard and followed his instructions and guidance

I hope it will be blessing to someone else as it is/was for me

http://www.youtube.com/user/lypur
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 11:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
Idowuogbo: I'm Badosky,I lurveee God & I spend my life dancing for him. Contemporary, break dance et al. cool
Gettout of here jorh grin grin
no break dancers here..
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Popowaa: 11:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
I play the piano but i'm still learning to be more than perfect.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Idowuogbo(f): 11:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
Acidosis:
Gettout of here jorh grin grin
no break dancers here..
Smh!
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
adaobi123: i dey play native drum......does that count ? grin grin
grin Yeah... sure..
Can you help us with pictures? cheesy
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by JeSoul(f): 11:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
Nice!

I no be choir-member sha but I'm a musician and used to do a lot of gigs...I play guitar, mostly acoustic. I'm learning Lead guitar now and enjoying the progress smiley...I have a 6-string, 12-string and recently got an Electric (which I'm using to learn Lead).

I'd love to hear tips on developing Lead skills for guitar players...
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 11:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
CarCam:

The below Furmanczyk Piano Academy Youtube link demystified playing the keyboard, reading music etc for me

I bought a secondhand keyboard and followed his instructions and guidance

I hope it will be blessing to someone else as it is/was for me

http://www.youtube.com/user/lypur
Thanks CarCam.. smiley
I'll check the link immediately..
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by JeSoul(f): 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
Acidosis: I love the blue set

The other will get me confused grin I go spoil church service if I handle that one oo
LOOOLLL cheesy
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 11:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
Popowaa: I play the piano but i'm still learning to be more than perfect.
*nods head* I'm aware..

You'll definitely meet other keyboardist on the thread.. Keep following, dear
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 11:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Smh!
Pls come back... sad
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 11:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
JeSoul: Nice!

I no be choir-member sha but I'm a musician and used to do a lot of gigs...I play guitar, mostly acoustic. I'm learning Lead guitar now and enjoying the progress smiley...I have a 6-string, 12-string and recently got an Electric (which I'm using to learn Lead).

I'd love to hear tips on developing Lead skills for guitar players...
wow... I'm inspired with the lil write-up..
I really need to try the guitar... I love that instrument with passion.
Do you attend events or you play only at your leisure time?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Popowaa: 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2013
Thanks sweets
Acidosis:
*nods head* I'm aware..

You'll definitely meet other keyboardist on the thread.. Keep following, dear
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Popowaa: 11:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
I also the guitar and will oneday like to learn how to play.i love ppl who play the guitar and ve a nice voice to match.it scatters my brain
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by JeSoul(f): 11:46pm On Mar 21, 2013
Acidosis:
wow... I'm inspired with the lil write-up..
I really need to try the guitar... I love that instrument with passion.
Do you attend events or you play only at your leisure time?
Guitar is awesome men, love it. I've played Rhythm guitar at many events, sang, done poetry, spoken word etc...but now its mostly leisure until I sharpen my skills for Lead/improvisation.

How long you've been playing/learning drums so far?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 22, 2013
Popowaa: I also the guitar and will oneday like to learn how to play.i love ppl who play the guitar and ve a nice voice to match.it scatters my brain
I would really scatter ur brain be that oooo...lolz....I've been playing guitar for long sha...I do more of gospel...little jazz and r&b........I believe in uniqueness...being able to express ur feelings tru ur music unique....
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Popowaa: 12:25am On Mar 22, 2013
Really?expressing ur feelings without holding back is what a true musician does.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by dubem3(m): 5:31am On Mar 22, 2013
tried learning to play the guiter and the violin on two different occasions but time mostly spoilt it for me plus i have thick fingers and the strings seem to be just too close. i used to be in the choir and am crasy about music, you'll not understand...i want to start learning to pluck the strings once more. just hope i get through with it this time.
All in all the native drum is just about the only instrument i can manage on my own.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 6:21am On Mar 22, 2013
^ ^ Don't give up this time.. Its all about practice, practice & more practice..
You can also check some useful materials online..
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 6:28am On Mar 22, 2013
Jesoul... I'm trying to remember the exact year.. but its over 10years... but as at then, I hardly get the opportunity to play/improve the wack skills since there are other matured and better drummers.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 6:30am On Mar 22, 2013
Popowaa: Thanks sweets
smiley my pleasure...
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 22, 2013
Somehow everytime I see anything music, I become ashamed. I used to have one hell of a voice (at least, that's what they said), haven't really sung in a long time and I never trained it. Was in choirs for no longer than a whole year at any given period. I want to join again sha and try to retrain my voice (I think I'm a countertenor).

And I've been crazy about drums since forever. Only never got up the guts to really set about making the mistakes necessary to learn it. And now I'm worried that I'm growing too old for it sad Anyway, little by little as my life stabilizes, I'll see if it's altogether impossible cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Idowuogbo(f): 9:02am On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:
Pls come back... sad
smiley smiley
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 8:00am On Mar 25, 2013
@Ihedinobi, its never too late to hold the drum sticks... smiley smiley
Go for it, sir... you won't regret it
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 8:01am On Mar 25, 2013
Idowuogbo:
smiley smiley
lol..

Did you attend your church service yesterday
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by peterg3: 2:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
Am peter,a music director nd a keyboardist!I love to score nd teach parts!I love the yamaha motif keyboard,xf8!incredible
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
my former church afforded me the opportunity of learning virtually all musical instruments such as Keyboard, lead guitar, bass guitar, konga, drums set, sekere, agogo. I dont know how to play any wind instrument though.

I major on the keyboard where i've played for both the living and the dead
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Hidorano(m): 10:06am On Apr 22, 2013
Pls am interested in learning saxophone, any help from anybody.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by dokie: 2:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
Acidosis: Are you a gospel singer, a chorister, a vocalist, a music director? Do you play Drums-sets (acoustic, electric), Keyboard, Bass guitar, Lead guitar, Trumpet, Saxophone, Violin, Flute, Conga, Tambourine et cetera.. ??

If you have any idea or new material/ manuscript/rudiments for singing and/or ebooks on a particular instrument, pictures and videos, please bring them along to show us.

Who are you sir/ma'am?

I have always believed i have a natural talent for instruments especially the keyboard, but i have never gone for any training. Kindly provide info on where i can inexpensively learn to play the keyboard and the saxophone proffessionaly. I would like to start from there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Moses, Mohammed, Isis, Shekau: Stop The Hypocrisy Now!!! / What Is Your Perspective Of God? / If Your Pastor Turns Stone To Bread Would You Eat It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.