Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation (27435 Views)

Student Cultists Surrender In OAU As Adeboye Ministers / Ogun Police Nab 53 Student Cultists On Way To Initiation Ceremony / Secondary Student Gamblers Clash In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by finegidigal: 3:30am On Mar 22, 2013
Nigerian Civil Defence Corps officers have arrested 18 secondary school students cultists while initiating new members
in Abeokuta and another areal in Ogun State Nigeria.

The students were caught by NSCDC for breach of peace and cultism in two different secondary schools in the state.
7 were arrested at Nazareth High School in Imeko in Imeko-Afon LGA of the state while the others were caught at Lisabi
High School, Idi-Aba, Abeokuta

The spokesperson for the agency, Mr Kareem Olanrewaju said the seven students caught at Nazareth High School in Imeko
were caught while initiating new members into cultism on Tuesday March 19, 2013 while the other student cultists were
arrested on Thursday at Lisabi high school.

Mr Olanrewaju said the arrested student cultists will not be charged because they’re under age.
“ We will not charge them to court because of their age, they are underage and cannot be prosecuted. The
command will meet with the Ministry of Education in the state to decide what to do to the students. We observed
that they have been misguided, now that they have been caught, there is need to guide them with the right
knowledge.

And he also stated that the parents are not helping matters in the society because they don’t even have time to give there children the moral training they need in life..

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/03/21/i8-students-arrested-over-cultism/
http:///2013/03/22/18-secondary-school-student-cultists-arrested-during-initiation/

2 Likes

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by Donsammi(m): 5:05am On Mar 22, 2013
too bad
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by hersweetness(f): 5:09am On Mar 22, 2013
shocked shocked shocked
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by Pvin: 5:45am On Mar 22, 2013
Just Passing.
Shoyinka

1 Like

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by greatgod2012(f): 5:53am On Mar 22, 2013
I heard it has started happening in primary schols too, as for the secondary schools, its been long, almost all the schools in abeokuta and yewa side have cult members as secondary school students, so, to me, its no more news.what i will advise is for the parents to be more alive to their duties/responsibilities and keep on advising/guiding these children, and also, too much freedom too can be one of the factors to tackle.hhhhmmmm.
May God help us all.

6 Likes

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by aadetoyin(f): 7:14am On Mar 22, 2013
Secondary school? And these are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow. Sometimes I am so scared of Nigeria's tomorrow. Hmmmmm. Sadly, this act is done in so many states.
When I travelled to Osun last december, a boy was telling us of how a fellow student hit him with jazz just because his team lost in football.
It is well with Naija sha. lipsrsealed
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by Mynd44: 7:17am On Mar 22, 2013
And you wonder why OOU is messed up
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by slimyem: 7:21am On Mar 22, 2013
I still wonder what advantage comes with being a cultist...
What do they tell people to make them desire being one?
Don't they learn from all the cultism stories that abound?

1 Like

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by oboy3(m): 7:33am On Mar 22, 2013
Can you see what the noble price winning grey hair-ed professor caused?
But why do West-side take cultism too serious than Everybody else?

5 Likes

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by nies: 5:01pm On Mar 22, 2013
is dat true
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by tonididdy(m): 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
so?...whats the connection with the pics@OP or you try to add maggi join
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by Lusola15: 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by TonySpike: 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ogun state is the cult-capital of South-West Nigeria, just like Rivers states is the cult-capital of the South-South. From the secondary school students and tertiary institution students to the politicians, they all belong to one confraternity or the other. That state needs to be monitored properly...

1 Like

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by rodeo0070(m): 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
End shall never wonder... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by buchibabe: 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
Secondary school kwa?

1 Like

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by TableLeg(m): 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
Cray!
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by crisycent: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
I don't think the guns and photo shown here were found with the said cultists.
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by nbright: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
Jusus Christ of ......... Complete it
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by cyril83(m): 5:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
Pvin: Just Passing.
Shoyinka
wetin shoyinka do?
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
They are really misguided teens.
I don't think they know what cultism is. Good that they were caught & hopefully ll be rehabilitated.
Last Bullet: 'This na the 1st assignment wey I hear say Civil Defense don do for Nigeria this year'. I just felt their existence.

1 Like

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by otokx(m): 5:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
Parents should wake up to their responsibilities.
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by Angel778(f): 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
o'boy:
why do south east take ritualist, kidnapping, rapping too serious? Just wondering!

4 Likes

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
My Ogas at the top for NSCDC dey try o

7 Likes

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
o'boy:

The question is why do u constantly fail to use the "West-side" or any side of your brain? bloody f00l.

3 Likes

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by spywareczar(m): 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hehehehee kidzz

12 Likes

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by moderatorr: 5:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
nsdc should arrange koboko
when them here the kick
make them start to wine!
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
I suggest mek dem castrate all the boys as punishment for the sins wey dem commit as young killers bcox as u dey see dem so, na cultists dem go born tomorow and the disvirgined country go turn form Badosky to Badorezz.

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thanx NSCDC, Oga On Top is really working........hahahaha, hope I ave not said anything, which my Oga on top will say another thing...pls visist www.nscdc.datsall for more info....datsall

2 Likes

Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by oboy3(m): 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
Angel_777: why do south east take ritualist, kidnapping, rapping too serious? Just wondering!
all these things you mentioned are your things
you do it better
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by oboy3(m): 5:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
engineerd:

The question is why do u constantly fail to use the "West-side" or any side of your brain? bloody f00l.
i do use my brain,always unlike you who is waiting for the grave before you use yours
Re: 18 Secondary Student Cultists Arrested During Initiation by MMM2(m): 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
When dere mate re thinking of how 2 make money early

Shame 2 dem angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ufuoma Peace Oghenerume Called To Bar / 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments / Lagos Government Announces School Resumption Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.