Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Pls Help! Engine Always Hot - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help! Engine Always Hot (665 Views)

Help! My Car Right Side Always Hot And Brake Freeze / Help: Engine And Manual Transmission Oil For Mazda 1998 / Urgent Help! Engine Oil Inside Power Steering Resevoir: Rav4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help! Engine Always Hot by tourgist: 11:16am On Mar 22, 2013
pLS I URGENTLY NEED HELP. I drive a 2002 Kia Optima and i recently noticed something.

Firstly, i noticed my battery don't last long, the recent one i bought lasted only 4months. I took to rewire who checked the alternator and confirmed it was working perfectly, he also checked the kick starter and told me it was okay.
But i noticed if i drive the car for like few mins and open the bonnet it will be so hot and one of the Fan will be working. I later met a battery charger who told me it was the heat from the hotness of the engine that kills the battery cells

My Car temperature have never gone beyond the middle, so i wont say it is over heating.

I have been advised to remove the thermostat and connect the two fan together.

what should i do?
Re: Pls Help! Engine Always Hot by Lexusgs430: 11:54am On Mar 22, 2013
If you live in lagos, the sun that we are presently experiencing if enough to melt rocky mountains(combine the heat from the sun + the heat generated from lagos induced stationary traffic, and there is the root of your hot engine )!!! The second fan not engaging, is because that is the fan that works with the Aircon, and would only come on when the AC is switched on. Do not remove your thermostat!!!!
Re: Pls Help! Engine Always Hot by tourgist: 12:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thank you so much. but i think there is more to it than Lagos sun because it has happened even in the morning before and when there is no traffic.
Re: Pls Help! Engine Always Hot by Dereformer(m): 2:09pm On Mar 22, 2013
Bros. I am a novice when it comes to automobile issues. But are u using water for coolant?
Re: Pls Help! Engine Always Hot by tourgist: 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
yes, i use water what type of coolant should i buy. thx
Re: Pls Help! Engine Always Hot by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
My radiator was really dirty and the engine temperatures were unusually high. I didnt want to go to the mechanic cos they will tell me my top-cylinder gasket was burnt. I had to remove my radiator myself during the weekend, washed it externally and internally. D dust surrounding the radiator (externally) was so much as the water rinsing it was brown in color. After then i fixed it back. I also made sure the radiator was coupled to the chassis firmly to avoid vibrations during motion. The overheating stopped after then. Have been enjoying my car again.

Yours might not be the same solution but just check. I wish u the best
Re: Pls Help! Engine Always Hot by 9icetoo(m): 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
Re: Pls Help! Engine Always Hot by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
hi tourist
a temporary remedy to prevent damaged battery cells due to engine is to either get a tyre tube from a vulcanizer to cover the battery or you relocate your battery to the boot
Re: Pls Help! Engine Always Hot by ikeyman00(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
@@@@

is ur battery case touching the metal body in the engine

or there might be some closed circuit constantly draining the current out of the battery
Re: Pls Help! Engine Always Hot by tourgist: 2:44am On Mar 24, 2013
Thank you all! Am glad I joined this forum. I was referred to a more experienced Rewire and he asked me to change d 2 fan coz they are not blowing very well which makes d engine hot. Am waiting till Monday to do this.

(1) (Reply)

Amercan Cars / Cadillac Escalades Rule !! / Jeep V8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.