Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Help! My Car Right Side Always Hot And Brake Freeze - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Car Right Side Always Hot And Brake Freeze (791 Views)

Ford's Smart Jacket For Cyclists Has Indicators And Brake Lights Just Like Cars / My Nissan Pathfinder 2002 Engine Is Always Hot / Brake Pads And Brake Lining Which Is More Effective? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Car Right Side Always Hot And Brake Freeze by Teeworld(m): 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
Dear auto helpers
Over one week now I have been battling wt one issue with my maxima 2002. After driving for 10mins the tyre and rim of driver side always extremly hot not only that the brake will freeze. I av encourtered stupid mechanics with fake approach yet no permanent solution.

I am getting weak at this spot.
With urexperience I need a better solution
treat as urgent.
Thank you
Re: Help! My Car Right Side Always Hot And Brake Freeze by kingreign(m): 9:54pm On Oct 19, 2015
Teeworld:
Dear auto helpers
Over one week now I have been battling wt one issue with my maxima 2002. After driving for 10mins the tyre and rim of driver side always extremly hot not only that the brake will freeze. I av encourtered stupid mechanics with fake approach yet no permanent solution.

I am getting weak at this spot.
With urexperience I need a better solution
treat as urgent.
Thank you
You're experiencing binding brakes on that wheel, it needs to be checked and corrected
Wheres your location?
Re: Help! My Car Right Side Always Hot And Brake Freeze by vickiej(m): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2015
sorry i am not a mechanic. the poster below should knw something, goodluck !.
Re: Help! My Car Right Side Always Hot And Brake Freeze by cardoctor(m): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
You need to replace the brake caliper because they don't retract after pressing the brakes. Its called brake binding and is caused by corrosion of the brake piston/s in the brake caliper's cylinder.
Re: Help! My Car Right Side Always Hot And Brake Freeze by idinye(m): 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2015
Your mechanic should check the brake calliper to make sure it is not stiff and returns after brake release, (2) the flexible brake hose that supply fluid should be checked to make sure there is no blockade because if the brake is applied pressure will force fluid through the hose to the calipper but on release of the brake instead for the fluid to return it wont as the pressure still stay in the calipper because the fluid could not return back through the hose because it is blocked.
Re: Help! My Car Right Side Always Hot And Brake Freeze by Teeworld(m): 10:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
kingreign:

You're experiencing binding brakes on that wheel, it needs to be checked and corrected
Wheres your location?

Ota, Ogun state
Re: Help! My Car Right Side Always Hot And Brake Freeze by cmoney22222: 8:08am On Oct 20, 2015
This poster was a road side mecho before. Thank God he has discovered his real talent

vickiej:
sorry i am not a mechanic. the poster below should knw something, goodluck !.
Re: Help! My Car Right Side Always Hot And Brake Freeze by Ricmayak1: 11:16am On Oct 21, 2015
If the car has ABS, it could be that the solenoid of that wheel is not actuating properly, the brake fluid pipe has been beaten at a particular spot, you have oil contamination on the brake pad, your caliper is not retracting properly, you have the wrong brake pad(or too thick)/incompatible composition or your brake disc might be bad. I guess those mechanics must have bled the brake system. There is a pin(bolt) on the caliper that needs to move freely else, should be lubricated with the right lubricant.
Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Car Owners....beware!!! / Need Help On Honda Baby Boy / C230 Kompressor 271 Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.