Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,981 members, 7,825,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

FIFA Release Goran Pandev Slip On Vote Switch-gate - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Release Goran Pandev Slip On Vote Switch-gate (733 Views)

Ghana Coach Goran Stevanovic Says Witchcraft Is Reason For Team Split / Ghana Coach Goran Stevanovic Confirm Juju Use In Black Stars Camp / Sven-Goran Eriksson As New Super Eagles Coach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FIFA Release Goran Pandev Slip On Vote Switch-gate by biolabee(m): 3:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
[size=20pt]FIFA publish Pandev's slip which shows he picked Del Bosque [/size]

Goran Pandev's claim that he voted for Jose Mourinho as Coach of the Year has been fiercely contested by FIFA, who have published his voting slip.
The Macedonia captain and former Inter Milan striker said that his vote had been changed amid Mourinho's claims that the award was fixed.
He said: 'I voted for Mourinho as best coach of the year and I am convinced that strange things happened when the votes were counted.
Suspicion: Goran Pandev claims he voted for Mourinho but his vote was counted for Del Bosque
'According to the FIFA list I voted for Vicente del Bosque, but I voted for Mourinho. I even called him and said I’d vote for him. Unfortunately, odd things happen at FIFA.'
FIFA denied any voting irregularities and claimed: 'The list of votes published on FIFA.com is accurate.'
'We have the signed voting form from the FYRO Macedonia FA, signed by the national team coach, the captain, and with the stamp of the national association and signed by the secretary general of the FA, and the votes we have published match the signed voting form.'
Mourinho had said: 'Am I sorry for not having gone to the gala? No. It was the right decision.
'One, two or three people called me saying they had voted for me but the vote showed up as cast for somebody else. So, I decided not to go.'
Del Bosque won the award with 34.51 per cent of the 505 votes cast, with Mourinho coming in second (20.49 per cent) and Guardiola third (12.91 per cent).

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2297496/FIFA-publish-Goran-Pandevs-voting-slip-Coach-Year.html

(1) (Reply)

Full List Of New Premiership Signings: Club By Club / Malawi Get $5000 Bonus To Defeat Eagles / Winners Emerges From The Guinness Football Manager Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.