Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,412 members, 7,836,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

My Understanding Of Quran Surahs (fortress 107 Maa-‘unn)(abdullahi Yusuf Ali) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Understanding Of Quran Surahs (fortress 107 Maa-‘unn)(abdullahi Yusuf Ali) (796 Views)

Understanding The Hajj Stampede / Why Do Muslims Write, Wash And Drink Quranic Surahs. (ountu) / Hisn Ul Muslim ( Fortress Of A Muslim ) MP3 Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Understanding Of Quran Surahs (fortress 107 Maa-‘unn)(abdullahi Yusuf Ali) by beejaay: 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most merciful
1. Have you seen him who denies the Judgment (to come?)
Personal Hermeneutic: (after so much reflection, I came to understand that this verse goes beyond hereafter). It has much more to do with karma we create for ourselves not knowing that it will come back to hunt us (such as the expression in fortress 24 NUR verse 11 and 3(clarifying the return of karma)). If we strive to understand how karma works, we can most likely be intune with the Almighty.
2. Then such is the one who repulses the orphan
Personal Hermeneutic: this is as related to above exegesis
3. And encourages not the feeding of the indigent (the poor)
Personal Hermeneutic: this is as related to above exegesis
4. So woe to the worshippers
Personal Hermeneutic: most times scholars interpret this as a punishment but I believe it’s a misinterpretation. To understand this verse, it will be imperative we find out the real reason why we pray. Our everyday life is divided in 3 parts (Past, Present and Future) out of this 3 the only one with real importance is the Present Moment,
Present Moment is NOW. Living here and now not one hour ago and not even one minute ago (the real concept of Islam i.e. surrender to ALL THAT IT IS = PEACE). If we don’t live here we can never have peace, love and happiness that we so much crave for (the eternal bliss promised us by the Alimighty)
Past is an illusion which we focused much of our time on. We looked at the present moment with the eye of the past reducing present moment to a means to an end and not an end in itself (getting trapped in the pit of pain resulting in unforgiveness to our souls. I will try and explain my own understanding of forgiveness in another thread.)
Future is what we create (a movie like projection devoid of any reality. What most people call thinking, a very great disease making us not so different from a mad man working down the street (the only difference is we are making our own noise inside while the madman is acting out his own))
Allah in his infinite mercy know that we are always playing the madman for 24hrs and acting out fantasies gave us Salat 5 times a day as an escape from the world of madness so that we could experience what real peace and happiness are (i.e. how to operate from the position of no mind). He also see that if we are not engaged on a particular thing during the salat, we could lose the golden opportunity of experiencing bliss (we are used to being in continuous thought), He gave us Quran to recites from so as to keep our mind engaged on a particular thing (to avoid being lost in transit), He went further that we should recite first, fortress 1 Fatiha (thanking Him for everything given to us and even went as far as asking for guidance towards the right path).
Looking through this, I realized Salat is an Islamic for of Mediation and Body Exercise inclining us toward self realization (we cannot know and worship God in truth if we don’t know who we are. Allah said seek me before u even begin to worship me, if you don’t seek me how then can you worship me). Salat is a form of soul cleansing and being in oneness with God.
The “WOE” is not a curse but a loss to one soul (I realized God does not curse. Everything we see as curses in the Quran are actually our own spiritual loss and God is only trying to make us aware of the losses. The emphasis on the curse as made unbelievers see Allah as a vengeful and Brutal God)
Re: My Understanding Of Quran Surahs (fortress 107 Maa-‘unn)(abdullahi Yusuf Ali) by beejaay: 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
5. Who are neglectful of their prayers
Personal Hermeneutic: I believe no one will want to miss out or neglect their Salat if they realize the real importance of it, rather they will go as far as making supplications after the compulsory ones once they realized what they have benefited from it

6. Those who (want but) to be seen
Personal Hermeneutic: Again no one will perform salat for the mere reason of being seen or looked upon as a true Muslim
7. But refuse (to supply) (even) neighborly need
Personal Hermeneutic: We will then begin to understand the healing power of Salat and an openness into why congregational salat is very much emphasized (I will try and explain the importance of congregational salat when I have the time.)
Re: My Understanding Of Quran Surahs (fortress 107 Maa-‘unn)(abdullahi Yusuf Ali) by beejaay: 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
beejaay: 5. Who are neglectful of their prayers
Personal Hermeneutic: I believe no one will want to miss out or neglect their Salat if they realize the real importance of it, rather they will go as far as making supplications after the compulsory ones once they realized what they have benefited from it

6. Those who (want but) to be seen
Personal Hermeneutic: Again no one will perform salat for the mere reason of being seen or looked upon as a true Muslim
7. But refuse (to supply) (even) neighborly need
Personal Hermeneutic: We will then begin to understand the healing power of Salat and an openness into why congregational salat is very much emphasized (I will try and explain the importance of congregational salat when I have the time.)
Please you all should know that am a seeker of truth and i challenge anything no matter where is coming from or who is saying it cos i believe true knowlegde comes from God and every open minded soul will get it no matter how slow or how long, so please be lenient on me with all ur comments smiley

(1) (Reply)

Ramadan Loading........... / I found a site to make custom Ramadan Mugs and Gifts. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.