Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? (26369 Views)

Should I Build In Lagos Or In My Home Town or buy Stocks with my N 11 million / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by biolabee(m): 3:56pm On Mar 24, 2013
how can i learn at your table

Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by styles2009: 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
@ Poster
No offence or insult but i would tell you this, put your money ,where your mouth eyes is, I am living outside the country about 5years now and i can tell you,there are more investment opportunities in Nigeria\Africa as a whole than buying a worthless papers all in the names of Shares and wanting to belong.

Please read > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron_scandal

Just think about ,what is missing in Nigeria and provide it, with proper management and monitoring,the sky is your limit, i have seen like 3/4 untouched investment areas in Nigeria and no one even on Nairaland is talking about it.
How about that Think OP

1 Like

Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by olushowunm(m): 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
@STYLES2009... YOU CAN LIST THOSE OPPORTUNITIES... THEN ITS NOT ADVISABLE TO LEAVE ALL YOUR INVESTMENTS IN NIGERIA DUE TO HIGH POLITICAL AND CORRUPTION RISK!

1 Like

Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by BigBashiru: 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2013
Obadiah777 has a great point! The US stock markets are rigged in favor of insiders. Shares are not an investment because it is an auction market. NASDAQ is an LLC whose chief goal is to make profits. Somebody mentioned US markets is good because of wealth of information available, well I got news for you... those information are meant for you to do what the insiders want so they can take the opposite side of your trade. There is nothing like investing in the stock market. You can invest in a private company but I wont call something open to speculation an investment.

I am a stock trader and that is my career. Only trade with RISK CAPITAL money you can afford to lose. IRS and CRA in Canada want your money. Im looking to incorporate in Cayman Island or Bermuda and use the trust structure mentioned in this thread to minimize tax burden but I am yet to find any brokers in these countries - if u have suggestions please suggest!

One more point-to-point Google broker stop hunt. If a foreign broker accepts ur application dont think they like you. They want to maximize revenue from you.

My goal is to make money through short term trading, remove the funds and invest in proper investment like landed property.

2 Likes

Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by bombay: 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2013
let me give you guys a tip for this week buy NOVA RESOURCES LIMITED shares ticker is nova it is an aim listed stock on the london stock exchange it has gone up 15.84% in one week target is 10p,if you have the opportunity buy because it is about to blow with news imminent.

Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by olushowunm(m): 8:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
@BIGBASHIRU... OBADIAH IS ALWAYS WRONG! CHECK HIS ANTECEDENCE ON NAIRALAND... HE IS INTO ESOTERIC, OCCULTIC, NEW WORLD ORDER AND CONSPIRACY THEORIES... WHAT HE SAID IS NOT BASED ON ANY KNOWN FACTS EXCEPT HERESAY...
AS AN INVESTOR IN STOCK MARKET, YOU SHOULD INVEST IN THE MAIN STREET AND NOT WALL OR BROAD STREET!
WHAT IS TRUE VALUE OF THE UNDERLYING BUSINESS AND NOT THE MARKET VALUE AND SOME TIPS LIKE #BOMBAY IS OFERING HERE NOW...
STOCKS REPRESENT STAKES IN AN UNDERLYING BUSINESS AND NOT JUST SOME FLUNCTUATING BLEEPS...
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by valdubem(m): 8:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
styles2009: @ Poster
No offence or insult but i would tell you this, put your money ,where your mouth eyes is, I am living outside the country about 5years now and i can tell you,there are more investment opportunities in Nigeria\Africa as a whole than buying a worthless papers all in the names of Shares and wanting to belong.

Please read > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron_scandal

Just think about ,what is missing in Nigeria and provide it, with proper management and monitoring,the sky is your limit, i have seen like 3/4 untouched investment areas in Nigeria and no one even on Nairaland is talking about it.
How about that Think OP

Thanks bro for d advice. But That I wish to invest in foreign stock dosent mean I dont have investments in Nigeria and it doesn't also mean I won't still invest in NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by 9free(m): 8:26pm On Mar 24, 2013
What exactly are you guys saying??
That it is now ignorance/Gambling/Crime to invest in offshore markets
Isn't the world a global village again??

1 Like

Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by BigBashiru: 8:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
olushowunm
Do you know any US brokers that will open brokerage accounts for Cayman or Bermuda corporations or any Jersey etc based brokers that will open up a brokerage account for a Bermuda / Cayman corporation to trade US stocks?
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by styles2009: 12:48am On Mar 26, 2013
@olushowunm
Sorry i cant list those opportiunities as it would make me and you competitor, no hurt feelings just business wise.. grin
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by Nobody: 8:28am On May 21, 2013
nairawall: You can use www.pectstocks.com to buy and sell international stocks in Nigeria. You don't need domiciliary account to buy stocks on PectStocks.com.

Pectstocks.com is direct access platform for US stocks.

Fellow investors be careful with pectstocks. I had a biz dealing with them some yrs back,when they were at Opebi(Ikeja,Lagos), I went thru a lot of stress to pull my money out. I don't know if they hav turned a new leaf,but be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS before you part with your hard earned money.
A word is enough for the......

4 Likes

Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by jamace(m): 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
Where is everybody? This is a very interesting topic o. Abeg, everybody come inside. It is work of forum cool

1 Like

Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
jamace: Where is everybody? This is a very interesting topic o. Abeg, everybody come inside. It is work of forum cool

am right behind you.
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by Adeyemiopemipo(m): 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
You can get an incredible manual on importation business for cheap. Just visit this link and you will be shocked at what you can import from europe, asia and america with just N10,000. Awesome
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by jamace(m): 5:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
mercylicious: am right behind you.
grin grin I trust you. Wherever MONEY is mentioned you will be there. No qualms. But don't let FTNCOCOA episode to repeat itself o. My hand no dey o grin grin Any way, happy Sunday, my SITL.
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by Adeyemiopemipo(m): 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
invest in importation business. It's not as capital intensive as you have been made to believe
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by qizick: 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
Adeyemiopemipo: You can get an incredible manual on importation business for cheap. Just visit this link and you will be shocked at what you can import from europe, asia and america with just N10,000. Awesome

How do I start importing
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by megainvest: 7:49am On Aug 13, 2016
smiley
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by Johnmichael2016: 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
Investing Basics – What Are Your Investment Goals

When it comes to investing, many first time investors want to jump right in with both feet. Unfortunately, very few of those investors are successful. Investing in anything requires some degree of skill. It is important to remember that few investments are a sure thing – there is the risk of losing your money!

Before you jump right in, it is better to not only find out more about investing and how it all works, but also to determine what your goals are. What do you hope to achieve with your investments? Will you be funding a college education? Buying a home? Retiring? Before you invest a single penny, really think about what you hope to achieve with that investment. Knowing what your goal is will help you make smarter investment decisions along the way!

Too often, people invest money with dreams of becoming rich overnight. This is possible – but it is also rare. It is usually a very bad idea to start investing with hopes of becoming rich overnight. It is safer to invest your money in such a way that it will grow slowly over time, and be used for retirement or a child’s education. However, if your investment goal is to get rich quick, you should learn as much about high-yield, short term investing as you possibly can before you invest.

You should strongly consider talking to a financial planner before making any investments. Your financial planner can help you determine what type of investing you must do to reach the financial goals that you have set. He or she can give you realistic information as to what kind of returns you can expect and how long it will take to reach your specific goals.

Again, remember that investing requires more than calling a broker and telling them that you want to buy stocks or bonds. It takes a certain amount of research and knowledge about the market if you hope to invest successfully.

FBN Capital Asset Management is a leading asset management asset management firm in Nigeria for individual and institutional investors. We offer a range of investment products and services, with strategies spanning various asset classes and sectors.

Many first time investors think that they should invest all of their savings. This isn’t necessarily true. To determine how much money you should invest, you must first determine how much you actually can afford to invest, and what your financial goals are.

First, let’s take a look at how much money you can currently afford to invest. Do you have savings that you can use? If so, great! However, you don’t want to cut yourself short when you tie your money up in an investment. What were your savings originally for?

It is important to keep three to six months of living expenses in a readily accessible savings account – don’t invest that money! Don’t invest any money that you may need to lay your hands on in a hurry in the future.

So, begin by determining how much of your savings should remain in your savings account, and how much can be used for investments. Unless you have funds from another source, such as an inheritance that you’ve recently received, this will probably be all that you currently have to invest.

Next, determine how much you can add to your investments in the future. If you are employed, you will continue to receive an income, and you can plan to use a portion of that income to build your investment portfolio over time. Speak with a qualified financial planner to set up a budget and determine how much of your future income you will be able to invest.

With the help of a financial planner, you can be sure that you are not investing more than you should – or less than you should in order to reach your investment goals.

For many types of investments, a certain initial investment amount will be required. Hopefully, you’ve done your research, and you have found an investment that will prove to be sound. If this is the case, you probably already know what the required initial investment is.

If the money that you have available for investments does not meet the required initial investment, you may have to look at other investments. Never borrow money to invest, and never use money that you have not set aside for investing!

FBNQuest is a part of FBN Holdings Plc, one of the strongest and most dependable financial groups in Africa.

As the Leading Investment Bank in Nigeria , Our clients include some of the largest Nigerian and multinational corporations, Federal and State governments and other operators across Sub-Saharan Africa.

Our in-depth industry knowledge, regional market expertise, and excellent network of investors and financial institutions means we can offer strategic advice across a range of sectors at the highest levels, arrange tailor-made financing structures, manage risk and ultimately help your business grow.
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by Naijastar001: 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2019
olushowunm:
@Op... Itz easy, you just need to have 2 accounts confirmed, one is your domicilliary account and a foreign brokerage account if you are small time investor, but if you have upto $100k and above to invest, consider registering a trust in Guarnsey or Jersey or Cayman Island, then establish a banking relationship with a offshore bank and brokerage firm, this is to save you on tax and exempt you from any tax coming from Nigeria. Also, you may be presented with diverse opportunities such as margin as low as 25% in places like switzerland, and don't get me wrong here, you can have swiss broker and still buy us stocks.
Also, you have opportunities of investing in derivatives such as puts and calls to cover your market positions thus having what i called "Stock market Insurance"...
You can also get involve in derivatives without having to buy the stocks and this can get you about 10% margin instead of standard 50% margin offered in US through Regulation T...
I can explain more if you wish to learn more!
Baba you too sabi die. This your post has given me the information I have been searching for for the past 5 hours. Cos all american online brokers I know don't deal with Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by Naijastar001: 10:17pm On Apr 05, 2019
olushowunm:
@Op... Itz easy, you just need to have 2 accounts confirmed, one is your domicilliary account and a foreign brokerage account if you are small time investor, but if you have upto $100k and above to invest, consider registering a trust in Guarnsey or Jersey or Cayman Island, then establish a banking relationship with a offshore bank and brokerage firm, this is to save you on tax and exempt you from any tax coming from Nigeria. Also, you may be presented with diverse opportunities such as margin as low as 25% in places like switzerland, and don't get me wrong here, you can have swiss broker and still buy us stocks.
Also, you have opportunities of investing in derivatives such as puts and calls to cover your market positions thus having what i called "Stock market Insurance"...
You can also get involve in derivatives without having to buy the stocks and this can get you about 10% margin instead of standard 50% margin offered in US through Regulation T...
I can explain more if you wish to learn more!

Please give me an example of a swiss broker that accepts nigerians.
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by ACAN(m): 10:09pm On Apr 08, 2019
Investdata P’Harcourt Chart Summit 2019 Holds Next Week

Attend the Practical Conference on Technical Analysis Application on stock market for novices and Advance Traders, where we would take participants through:
• Understanding the momentum behind current equity movements and when to exit using SIMPLE Technical Indicators and Tools to avoid losing capital and profit.
•Understanding the dynamics of Technical Analysis and its application in stock, currency and bond markets.
•Our team of experts and time-tested resource persons will show you how you too can successfully and confidently trade and invest in stocks profitably on your own, from your phone, laptop and/or Personal Computer.
•Know what Smart Money is doing
•Know what they are buying or selling, and
•How you can buy what they are buying.

The workshop is scheduled as follows:
DATE:April 13. 2019
TIME: 10am – 4.00pm
VENUE:Emerald Hotel, 193, Aba Road Rumuola, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

This Summit is designed specifically for those who:
•Jump off profit position out of fear
•Suffer indecision in pulling the trigger for fear of sustaining a loss
•Holding on to losing positionsfor fear of realizing a potential loss
•Trading often leads into unplanned trades for fear leaving money on the table
•Do small trade size or invest small amounts because you’ve just suffered huge loss, or
•Plan to increase your position size to make up for past losses
This practical workshop is for novice traders, investors, professionals and fund managers who want to overcome fear and improve their trading performance. The workshop is basically on practical charting on evidence-based techniques that is working in today market, just as the power of focused trading and investing strategies to help participants build mental skills and turn fear into profits, besides protecting capital.

Registration is ongoing
https://investdata.com.ng/2019/04/investdata-pharcourt-chart-summit-2019-holds-next-week/

Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by olushowunm(m): 12:56pm On Apr 09, 2019
Naijastar001:

Please give me an example of a swiss broker that accepts nigerians.
check Dukascopy.
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by Naijastar001: 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2019
olushowunm:
check Dukascopy.
Is this a real bank that you can save money in.
I dont mean CFD's broker. I want to be able to buy real stocks in USA not Forex trading or binary options
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by kingakaay: 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2019
Guys, do you know there are now ways to invest in foreign stocks in Nigeria right from your phone without going through so many loops?

You can use [url=chaka.ng]Chaka.ng[/url] to buy and sell stocks in local and global companies. Payment is painless and your order is confirmed almost immediately.

Chaka offers all local shares through a locally licensed brokerage firm registered with the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), Central Securities Clearing System (CSCS) and regulated by Nigeria’s Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC).

All foreign shares on the platform are offered through a US brokerage firm that is regulated by the US Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

The website security is encrypted and protected by using AES bank-level encryption. This provides security between your device and the servers ensuring your personal and transaction details are always kept private.

1 Like

Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by ACAN(m): 7:23am On Nov 04, 2019
INVEST 2020: Opportunities and Trade Ideas Summit

Sub-Topics
A. Recession or Boom: Five Trading Strategies For Picking Best Stocks In Good Times or Bad-

B. 2020 Global/Nigeria Macro-Economic Outlook & Sectors To Position,

C. Critical Chart Patterns For Pinpointing Stocks That Could Explode Higher In 2020-

D. Keys To Identify Opportunities In Stocks., Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) Fixed Income and Commodities Markets In Any Market Environment.

E. Mastering Earnings & Dividend Game Plan For 2020 Investing Opportunity & Beyond-

Over the years, we have received requests from our followers, concerning our annual Traders & Investors Summit scheduled for December, where experts and analysts would x-ray investment and trading opportunities in the New Year.

At the forthcoming summit, participants would:
• Learn from some of the best professionals in the market
• Share Trading ideas and investment opportunity/strategies
• Offer opportunities to network with peer value investors and investment professionals who share your passion for investing
• Understand more about using Investdata Buy & Sell Signal setup strategies and research tools to improve outcomes

Expected Takeaways
• Pinpointing chart patterns for Profitable Trades and investing opportunities in an uncertain market environment
• Investment analysis and theses behind these ideas
• Special Earnings and Dividend Game Plan for 2020 investment opportunities
• Understanding the changing economy and trend for profitable investment
• How successful value fund managers research into and evaluate companies
• Exclusive insight and actionable value strategies from world-class professional Traders
• Over 10 Trading and investing tips for identifying undervalued Stocks you can buy now

Date: December 7, 2019
Venue: Ostra Hall & Hotels Ltd, Off Otunba Jobi Fele Way, Opposite NNPC Gas Plant C.B.D, AlausaIkeja Lagos, Nigeria.

Want to be among the successful investors and traders in 2020 send Yesto: 08028164085, 08032055467, 08111811223 now.
Re: How To Buy Stocks From Foreign Countries? by karbie(f): 10:33am On Jun 14, 2020
Read the study packs on your own and pass your examinations like I did.

Prepare for your ACCA and ICAN examinations with the ICAN new study packs for all levels and get all necessary past questions and answers for a token.

Click on the whatsapp link below to get them https:///2347084890881

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN, NDIC To Probe Digital Currency, ‘bitcoin’, Scheme / Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? / Which Loan App Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.