Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline (7318 Views)

Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole Launches New Airline In Cape Verde? / Boko Haram Founder, Ali Modu Sheriff Concludes Plan To Start New Airline! / Nigerian, American Investors Commit Multi-million Dollar To Form New Airline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by godello: 6:46am On Mar 23, 2013
Nigeria’s richest pastor and self-styled bishop, David Oyedepo, has made a glistening addition to his business empire by floating an airline called Dominion Air.
Oyedepo, who a few years ago ignited debate on flamboyant Christianity by acquiring his fourth private jet, is the owner of Dominion Publishing House, Covenant University and an elite secondary school called Faith Academy.
Listed by Forbes as Nigeria’s wealthiest pastor with a net worth of $150 million, David Oyedepo is a preacher and founder of Living Faith Church Worldwide, more popularly known as Winners’ Chapel. Besides his four private jets, Forbes also mentioned the preacher’s luxury homes in London and the United States.
Sources within the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), the agency charged with business registration in Nigeria, confirmed the registration of Dominion Air with David Oyedepo as its chairman. Another source within a Lagos-based insurance firm known to handle most of Oyedepo’s businesses said the airline project had been in the works for six years and was only made a reality this year.

In a swift reaction, Lawrence Ofili, a member of the Save Nigeria Group (SNG), “Pastor Oyedepo by his choice of businesses has severally demonstrated a disconnect between himself and hundreds of thousands of poor Christians who he claimed to have come to deliver. About 90 per cent of public schools in this country were built by early Christian missionaries; today Oyedepo has Covenant University but it is for children of millionaires,” says Mr Ofili.

“Even with the high school called Faith Academy, I am aware that most children in his congregation dream to be educated there but their parents who probably pay tithes and offerings cannot afford the school fees. His Faith Tabernacle accommodates 50,000 worshippers every Sunday; how many of them are going to fly Dominion Air? Honestly this project is not for the poor. He should have settled for mechanised farming to engage unemployed men and women.”
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by ecosanders: 6:58am On Mar 23, 2013
grin i kw dis wil mak front page, so 1st 2 comment by saying Oyedepo should at least mak d schools affordable 4 his poor congregation, dis Pastor no want emulate Jesus at al, i kw say if im get d Power of Jesus, im go conjure more plane, Dollars etc.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by lecturerdabo(m): 7:07am On Mar 23, 2013
I thank God on his behalf. Working and Waiting for my time
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Evergreen4(m): 7:09am On Mar 23, 2013
Hmmmm, Third to comment jor, make him dey try to assist d poor members of his church small naa
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 23, 2013
U see. My issue with all this present day christainity n d gullible buffoon that fall prey,this mans lifestyle is too flamboyant for a devout man of God! No one is saying he should live in penury, buh u need 2 b close 2 ur congregation, by going in2 adventures dat yes, will raise capital for u and will employ many yuths n ur congregations n thus doing, helping Nig. Salvage itself 4rm d mess it is in. Since U have dis wealth n claim not to be 4rm d church. Early christian missionaries did dsame. I cee no reason y u shouldn't sire;
Personaly if I have his kind of wealth I'll seek 4 ways of increasing employment Jobs n creat avenues 4 productivity of youths dat has always been my target! N. If my humble self dat is just a church going floor mber of ur church can wanna do dis! Sire my humble advice, U should look back, have a rethink n retrace some steps. Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by kgbd(m): 7:18am On Mar 23, 2013
So people now blame men of god for the poverty level of the nation hmmmm!

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by LeSulk(m): 7:30am On Mar 23, 2013
Truth be told:we don't expect all pastors to live like Francis of Asisi but owning chains of businesses is not worthwhile for a pastor

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by nikkyshyne(f): 7:31am On Mar 23, 2013
Yea right! Where is the source??
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 23, 2013
we need more airlines in dis country. Still waiting for aero for refund, tho one of the workers said dis have never happen before, so no one know if they will refund or not.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 23, 2013
Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop! Fela has said it all. My His rugged soul rest in perfect peace

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Akshow: 7:39am On Mar 23, 2013
How many of the congregation can afford to travel by air
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Chubhie: 7:42am On Mar 23, 2013
I have respect for Oyedepo the way he does his business. He has the liberty to invest his money in what ever venture he deems fit. Take a good look at how this boss runs his empire and you wont but be inspired by his ability to turn his ideas into envible realities.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Les: 8:08am On Mar 23, 2013
Oh my good lord, Again?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by badassnigga(m): 8:13am On Mar 23, 2013
rubbish undecided he robbed d poor to establish his bizness empire now his gullible followers can't even afford to send their kids to his schools.
fake pastor undecided

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Caseless: 8:14am On Mar 23, 2013
Hmmmmm...pastopreneur has gotten to a crescendo.
Talking about diversifying tha buisness . I'm worried about his airline coming to add to sad moments some airlines have caused this nation. Let's hope he does the right thing b4 the aircrafts are lunched.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Caseless: 8:17am On Mar 23, 2013
Akshow: How many of the congregation can afford to travel by air
does the followers even take their time to reflect? If they do, then the man shld not increasing his empire dorsally and ventrally.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 23, 2013
Congratulations Bishop Oyedepo. I had anticipated that it's gonna be space Exploration this time, but you have tried. I advise you commence works on these projects; Space Exploration, Mining of Asteroids, Teleportation of humans to Heavens and Cloning of Angels. There is nothing impossible..right ? Airline is but a small thing for this great mind, he single-handedly applied several laws of power and has unlimited source of income which he wields professionally to amass wealth under the guidance of Holy Ghost. The next step in keeping the church together will be inventing a virtual enemy to unionize and unite the church members on a cause. Divinity is a free for all field and great orators with passion for spirituality almost always have a field day, this great mind, has all it takes and planned it all out from time, his son, David Oyedepo Jnr, may not fit his shoe, cos unlike the former, who was born in penury and learnt the art of natural powerplay by nature's forces, the later was born in opulence and was only taught by word and reading and not by personal experiences. Indeed Oyedepo Snr, is a great man, he alone know his truth. God Bless the mind who taught me the 5 steps to Stardom. It works for me.

7 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by godello: 8:24am On Mar 23, 2013
if the missionaries where to behave this way,will there be anything like,mission schools for the poor?,will there be anything like hospitals where the poor can afford?, lets be realistic, this man is just aimed for personal aggrandizement,oooooh pity on his concregation coz there are the milked.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by pilotseq: 8:25am On Mar 23, 2013
Dis one no b pastor again, dis one na runspastor
I know say haters weh him don brainwash go try to defend dis guy who is stealin nd milkin his
Customers {congergation} dry... Well he shuld enjoy it nw
Cos he definetly knws wia he is goin 2.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by tomakint: 8:29am On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Congratulations Bishop Oyedepo. I had anticipated that it's be gonna space Exploration this time, but you have tried. I advise you commence works on these projects; Space Exploration, Mining of Asteroids, Teleportation of humans to Heavens and Cloning of Angels. There is nothing impossible..right ? Airline is but a small thing for this great mind, he single-handedly applied several laws of power and has unlimited source of income which he wields professionally to amass wealth under the guidance of Holy Ghost. The next step in keeping the church together will be inventing a virtual enemy to unionize and unite the church members on a cause. Divinity is a free for all field and great orators with passion for spirituality almost always have a field day, this great mind, has all it takes and planned it all out from time, his son, David Oyedepo Jnr, may not fit his shoe, cos unlike the former, who was born in penury and learnt the art of natural powerplay by nature's forces, the later was born in opulence and was only taught by word and reading and not by personal experiences. Indeed Oyedepo Snr, is a great man, he alone know his truth. God Bless the mind who taught me the 5 steps to Stardom. It works for me.
WORD cool

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by GeneralJ(m): 8:29am On Mar 23, 2013
noot again, lemme go and sleep first come up with something good to post
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by ichidodo: 8:37am On Mar 23, 2013
Bishop Oyedepo is bringing the Body of Christ into disrepute.No man can worship GOD and MONEY with equal fervour, he should stop decieving the youth who look up to him as a role-model.GOD is watching.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 23, 2013
ichidodo: Bishop Oyedepo is bringing the Body of Christ into disrepute.No man can worship GOD and MONEY with equal fervour, he should stop decieving the youth who look up to him as a role-model.GOD is watching.
Your knowledge of God and Godhood is possibly near-zero! When you know the truth, then the truth shall set you free. This moment, I can only but say, you are in bondage of Dogma. Money is human invention, and man is one with God, man can not be wrong, cos Godman is simply the ruling force of the universe, there is none other.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by killuminati(m): 8:46am On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Congratulations Bishop Oyedepo. I had anticipated that it's be gonna space Exploration this time, but you have tried. I advise you commence works on these projects; Space Exploration, Mining of Asteroids, Teleportation of humans to Heavens and Cloning of Angels. There is nothing impossible..right ? Airline is but a small thing for this great mind, he single-handedly applied several laws of power and has unlimited source of income which he wields professionally to amass wealth under the guidance of Holy Ghost. The next step in keeping the church together will be inventing a virtual enemy to unionize and unite the church members on a cause. Divinity is a free for all field and great orators with passion for spirituality almost always have a field day, this great mind, has all it takes and planned it all out from time, his son, David Oyedepo Jnr, may not fit his shoe, cos unlike the former, who was born in penury and learnt the art of natural powerplay by nature's forces, the later was born in opulence and was only taught by word and reading and not by personal experiences. Indeed Oyedepo Snr, is a great man, he alone know his truth. God Bless the mind who taught me the 5 steps to Stardom. It works for me.
looool! Mining asteroids? Space exploration? Ah abeg no kill pesin wit laugh jorrgrin
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 23, 2013
killuminati: looool! Mining asteroids? Space exploration? Ah abeg no kill pesin wit laugh jorrgrin
You disagree ?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Fussbot: 8:49am On Mar 23, 2013
Lemme sha no talk...his church members wil soon be here 2 defend him
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by godello: 8:50am On Mar 23, 2013
my simple question is can u afford the school fees of Covenant University for you and ur siblings? if you can what of others of ur likes?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 23, 2013
godello: my simple question is can u afford the school fees of Covenant University for you and ur siblings? if you can what of others of ur likes?
Everyone has capacity to 'afford' everything. But if you chose not to afford, then that need not concern me. Nature's forces like rain and sun respects no one, you just have to figure out how to work with them, example is to use umbrella. Covenant is not for all, it's not compulsory to be there, was not meant for the lazy poor. People are poor cos they dont work as smart as to become rich, wealth is here and everywhere. If you must cry, the intention should be to sell your tears. Oyedepo made money from nothing but his mind and command of words, these are not purchased from Shoprite. Everyone can talk, go and talk and make yours.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 23, 2013
Bizmen na wetin pastors be. Remember that he does not even pay tax in Nigeria and he has been making profit on all fronts. I second Fashola on the issue of churches and mosques to start paying tax
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Rooneyboy(m): 8:58am On Mar 23, 2013
Gullible christians lacking in wisdom.

See how they've enriched this man's entire lineage.

The anthem of the day in most of all these new generation churches these days is

Tithe

Seed sowing etc

* week in week out, year in year out we have the poorest of the poor sowing seed in the lives of these sets of crooks.
I'm not that gullible.
I will cling on to my orthodox church (catholic) till baba God comes o, way too matured to be brainwashed .

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Chubhie: 9:05am On Mar 23, 2013
godello: my simple question is can u afford the school fees of Covenant University for you and ur siblings? if you can what of others of ur likes?
For you to understand and appreciate Oyedepo....you got to start seen him as a hardcore businessman who has what it takes to blaze trails in a capitalist environment... If you happen to fall mugu under religious fanaticism and illusions.........sorry for you loss. In a capitalist settings, tis thrive or die, fall mugu and get swallowed. This boss here understands the simple rules of the game.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Launches A New Airline by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 23, 2013
chiover: Bizmen na wetin pastors be. Remember that he does not even pay tax in Nigeria and he has been making profit on all fronts. I second Fashola on the issue of churches and mosques to start paying tax
Even if Churches are Taxed, then you think the churches can not afford to pay ? Believe me, a single member will volunteer to pay off churches taxes. This hate, this hate of the rich pastors, by you, is actually a very bad thing for a human to do. It is a negative. There is nothing wrong in wealth acquisition, you should not celebrate poverty as Godly, God, which we all are, appreciates creativity, the brain was made for a purpose. Use it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised-Labour Members – Jonathan / Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, / Kankia Dam Collapses, Destroys Crops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.