Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,050 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg - Politics (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg (66559 Views)

Photos: Nigerians Protest Over ‘crazy’ PHCN Bills In Abuja / Nigerians Protest At MTN, Multichoice, And Shoprite Offices' Outlet / Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2013
So are you saying no Nigerian woman has these qualities?
shymexx:

You're missing the point... and that's exactly why most naija men think naija women are arrogant, uncultured, not traditional, and go overboard with everything... You can be equal and still be cultured & traditional... No real man wants a slave as a wife in the modern world - everyone prefers a career woman. However, she also has to exude those qualities which are quintessentially African... The ability to be able to balance the both(career and African ethos) without compromising one for the other is what makes other African more desirable to a lot of men...

PS: sorry for the late reply.. wink
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
untouchablebela: So are you saying no Nigerian woman has these qualities?

They're very few and most of them aren't that vocal, to be honest... Most of the ones I know/meet are pseudo-feminists who don't even understand what feminism means, yet they sing the feminism kumbaya everyday... Everything to them is women-empowerment, reta.rded species of women, I tell ya.. grin
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
lmao well i believe women and men can date whoever they want, i personally feel i will end up marrying a Nigerian because of cultural(food, better uderstanding etc) and familiarity reasons however if i meet a man who has got all the characteristics i am looking for in a man, i won't turn him down because he is not a Nigerian. I think many of us especially who were brought up overseas are moe open minded when it comes to relationship but mainly due to cultural reasons i feel they will be less issues if i marry a Nigerian man
shymexx:

Are you also dating a non-Nigerian?? That's the sub-topic, bela... wink grin
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2013
untouchablebela: lmao well i believe women and men can date whoever they want, i personally feel i will end up marrying a Nigerian because of cultural(food, better uderstanding etc) and familiarity reasons however if i meet a man who has got all the characteristics i am looking for in a man, i won't turn him down because he is not a Nigerian. I think many of us especially who were brought up overseas are moe open minded when it comes to relationship but mainly due to cultural reasons i feel they will be less issues if i marry a Nigerian man

Obviously, that's my sentiment as well... I want a family that's more or less culturally Nigerian... That will help the kids to grow well without necessarily being culturally confused about which culture to align with... grin
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2013
lol i dnt think there is anything wrong with women empowerment. For a very long time women have been oppressed so i guess some women take it too far. Like i do believe as a woman i should cook for my husband, which i do not mind as that is something i do not mind doing. Certain aspects makes women women and men men.
shymexx:

They're very few and most of them aren't that vocal, to be honest... Most of the ones I know/meet are pseudo-feminists who don't even understand what feminism means, yet they sing the feminism kumbaya everyday... Everything to them is women-empowerment, reta.rded species of women, I tell ya.. grin
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Desola(f): 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2013
twats!

It's okay to date a spaceship behind SA women but when your own women come out vocally to declare their love for men of other nations, you go all up in arms.

So Nigerian women are not good enough for Naija men but only Naija men would do for Naija women.

Infact, na olukoso go strike all of una Naija men wey yarn that rubbish!

Glad to see that Nigerian women are not sitting down tweedling their fingers while waiting for good for nothing Naija men who would only but subjugate them.

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2013
grin grin
Desola: twats!

It's okay to date a spaceship behind SA women but when your own women come out vocally to declare their love for men of other nations, you go all up in arms.

So Nigerian women are not good enough for Naija men but only Naija men would do for Naija women.

Glad to see that Nigerian women are not sitting down tweedling their fingers while waiting for good for nothing Naija men who would only but subjugate them.

Nonsense!
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2013
untouchablebela: lol i dnt think there is anything wrong with women empowerment. For a very long time women have been oppressed so i guess some women take it too far. Like i do believe as a woman i should cook for my husband, which i do not mind as that is something i do not mind doing. Certain aspects makes women women and men men.

Being excessive is problematic - and that's why a lot of Nigerian women have lost that desirability... Because they overdo everything just to prove a meaningless point which always come back to bite them in the ar.se on the long run... I honestly don't think African women have been oppressed for a long time... Heck, they had it better in Africa with African men during the stone age and medieval times than other races of women... The ancient African men gave them space and means to be productive - and that was something the European women never had..

Anyway, empower yourselves without putting the black man down, or trying to compete with him... tongue grin
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2013
@ Shymexx i have notice this though. Its funny how our men get annoyed or upset when we say we like other men but yet when you guys say you like other women then it's cool. If we like other men then we are sell-outs, or we hate ourselves, or we are not cultural or perhaps even feminist? Why
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 07, 2013
Lmao @ Desola's post... grin grin grin
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2013
untouchablebela: @ Shymexx i have notice this though. Its funny how our men get annoyed or upset when we say we like other men but yet when you guys say you like other women then it's cool. If we like other men then we are sell-outs, or we hate ourselves, or we are not cultural or perhaps even feminist? Why

The point is how can you be acting all stuck and annoying to us naija men and our swagger on a thousand trillion, yet you're quick to open ya legs to these other men who can't compete with us That's the tedious mathematics that we're trying to understand!! grin
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2013
oh i see now. you men are just plain jealous grin grin
shymexx:

The point is how can you be acting all stuck and annoying to us naija men and our swagger on a thousand trillion, yet you're quick to open ya legs to these other men who can't compete with us That's the tedious mathematics that we're trying to understand!! grin
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 07, 2013
untouchablebela: oh i see now. you men are just plain jealous grin grin

Nah, we're just cocky... tongue
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Desola(f): 5:41pm On Apr 07, 2013
shymexx:

Obviously, that's my sentiment as well... I want a family that's more or less culturally Nigerian... That will help the kids to grow well without necessarily being culturally confused about which culture to align with... grin

So you'll have Funke in the house to bear you children and teach them the mother tongue but go out and fork the stars out of Makosi's behind abi?

So Naija women are only good for rearing children and keeping the home?

Omo men...
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Desola(f): 5:43pm On Apr 07, 2013
untouchablebela: oh i see now. you men are just plain jealous grin grin

sorry ojare i meant to respond to that shymexx.
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2013
grin 100 MILLION LIKES

Nonsense!
;D100 MILLION LIKES

Nonsense!
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2013
Desola:
So you'll have Funke in the house to bear you children and teach them the mother tongue but go out and fork the stars out of Makosi's behind abi?

Omo men...

I never said that and two-timing isn't my thing... If I have "Funke" in the house, then "Funke" owns my "fork" till death do us part... I just want a "Funke" that's cultured and traditional, that's my point.. grin
Subomi-luv:
grin 100 MILLION LIKES ;D100 MILLION LIKES

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 07, 2013
Are u ok? Am female so wat are u going on abt undecided
Desola:

get off that paraga abeg!

Shey because we've been massaging your egos that you get large abuna. Omo na wash!

All una get na fake swag, abeg!

Shine your eyes and leave cloud 9 ojare!
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Desola(f): 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2013
shymexx:

Shey because we've been massaging your egos that you get large abuna. Omo na wash!

1 Like

Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 07, 2013
I like you. you speak the truth jor. These men want it all! then they get Negro on us when we have our own tastes. hypocrites
Desola:

Omo men...
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Desola(f): 5:47pm On Apr 07, 2013
untouchablebela: Are u ok? Am female so wat are u going on abt undecided

misquote ni, sorry.
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2013
lol its ok
Desola:

misquote ni, sorry.
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2013
Desola:

Bwahahahahaha

Massaging our egos?? grin

You know gatts all that and more, in born...

Naija mans still winning.. tongue
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 07, 2013
Subomi-luv:
I like you. you speak the truth jor. These men want it all! then they get Negro on us when we have our own tastes. hypocrites

But why do you hate your Angolan bf so much?? tongue undecided
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 07, 2013
Nobody is arguing abt being cultural and traditional. But you must know we are in the 21st centry. If am a housewife then yes i can do everything and my husband can sit his ass down and relax. All am saying is that, if we both working hard and come home late, i cook, the least he can do is help me afterwards like i wash and he rinse. Marriage is a partnership not master and slave
shymexx:

I never said that and two-timing isn't my thing... If I have "Funke" in the house, then "Funke" owns my "fork" till death do us part... I just want a "Funke" that's cultured and traditional, that's my point.. grin
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 07, 2013
undecided
shymexx:

who said i hate him
shymexx:

Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Nobody is arguing abt being cultural and traditional. But you must know we are in the 21st centry. If am a housewife then yes i can do everything and my husband can sit his ass down and relax. All am saying is that, if we both working hard and come home late, i cook, the least he can do is help me afterwards like i wash and he rinse. Marriage is a partnership not master and slave

Why should he share your kitchen duties with you?? Are you also going to help him wash his car, do DIY etc. with him?? Fair enough, he can help you out from time-to-time, but don't make it his duty to always rinse... That's so un-African... grin There can only be one driver in the car, the woman has to take the back seat or passenger's seat at all times.. wink
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
So what exactly is the problem here Is it the fact that women are chosing different options or the fact that 'Westernised" ones want help from their men? Or am i missing something?
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Desola(f): 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
Subomi-luv:

I think it's how we were brought up(Yoruba women in particular). We were raised to stand by our men no matter what and our parents never prepared us for eventual change of environment where some of us find ourselves in other countries. Naija girls have this mentality that we are meant only to stick with our own and that venturing out of our culture is a taboo but it seems our mothers gave the boys the free hand to do as they wish hence their greed and insatiable appetite for women of other cultures.

However, Naija girls and the ones in the diaspora in particular are now realizing that Naija men are not limited to us and at the rate in which Naija men go for other nationals, we might as well start widening our pool too. Now, Naija women have been forced to taste the forbiden fruit, no thanks to our men and a good number of us like it and are sticking to it but the stup1d greedy forks are not wailing that Nigerian women are not so cultured and untraditional and woe betide those who choose to go for men other than Naija men. They don't know nothing, na now dem just dey start.

So dumb are some of them that they cry that we are not submissive and too feminist. Heck! we come from the same society that tells us to believe in ourselves and be go getters! If you as a Nigerian man can be so brazen and arrogant, why wouldn't the women? Didn't we come from the same country? Were you raised in Mars and us, Saturn? These men dey yarn opaks!

1 Like

Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
Subomi-luv:
undecided who said i hate him

You said that by telling us how you're just settling, and that you don't really wanna be with him... tongue
Re: South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 07, 2013
untouchablebela: So what exactly is the problem here Is it the fact that women are chosing different options or the fact that 'Westernised" ones want help from their men? Or am i missing something?

Both!! You're choosing the options because you know naija men won't bow down to you...

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

Bolu Akin-olugbade Dies Of COVID-19 / List Of Things Osinbajo Has Done In One Month Of Buhari's Absence / Obasanjo, Patience & Goodluck Jonathan At The Wedding Of Timi Alaibe's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.