Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

How Long Should A Courtship Be: - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / How Long Should A Courtship Be: (497 Views)

Photo After Two Years Of Holy Courtship, Then You Found Out This / A Serious Lady Is Needed For Courtship. / How Long Should One Date B4 Marriage Is Considered? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should A Courtship Be: by uchkochi(m): 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2008
I know someone that was in courtship for 9 full years,and just barely 3 months to the long awaited and `prepared for` wedding,the guy called off everything.The lady is still unmarried till now,48 years old,has a flourishing printing business in Lagos but UNMARRIED.What could possibly had happened,whose fault was it.Well,i am not in the business of finding who to blame but the truth is the courtship was too long.
How do u expect a marriage when virtually it was like they have been married for 9 whole years.they had done everything together.He had even known everything about her so he lacks interest in her.
I understand that the reason for long courtship most times is financial,the man want to be over ready so they keep expecting and expecting,but do u know one fact you dont fully get super prepared for marriage, even the rich experience financial challenge preparing for marriage all you need is a prepared mind and heart.Thats all that is necessary,with this in mind i strongly believe that long courtship is unnecessary at most 2 years is most suitable.
Another reason for long courtship is that the man is trying to know the woman better,Mr! what are u still trying to know if you love her you must love her fault,you just have to be compactible that is only how you can change her.We all have faults at one time or the other but the love of God helped us all whether you know it or not.If you really want to marry her,long courtship is not necessary.
Finally,if you know you wont marry her break the courtship immediately,a broken coutship is better than a broken relationship OR WHAT DO YOU THINK?/
UCHE OKOCHI(OMEGA WORLD NETWORK)
+2348052773865
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by samyyoung1(m): 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2008
Good Topic, Thumbs up 4 u jare shocked cool cool cool
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by linkin(f): 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2008
well talkin about long courtship, i do not quite agree that it was the long term thing was the reason for the breakup. possibly they were not just compatible. if u truly love someone, even 10 yrs is not enough to get tired of the person. something went wrong somewhere but certainly not the time.

if u can get tired of someone in 9 yrs then how about those married for life?
Re: How Long Should A Courtship Be: by bigfather(m): 8:40pm On Mar 30, 2008
linkin:

well talkin about long courtship, i do not quite agree that it was the long term thing was the reason for the breakup. possibly they were not just compatible. if u truly love someone, even 10 years is not enough to get tired of the person. something went wrong somewhere but certainly not the time.

if u can get tired of someone in 9 years then how about those married for life?
You are right. I courted my wife for 8yrs before we got married and we are best of friends till now. And she understands everything about me.
Though not all long courtships are favorable. wink

(1) (Reply)

You Could Bi The One: / Is Just Me Loneliness / Some One Needs You: Serious Zone: Fakers Keep Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.