Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice (9752 Views)

Which University In Nigeria Offers M.sc In Environmental Or Energy Economics / Which Nigerian University Offers Msc In Development Studies? / Part Time Pgd, Msc In Nassarawa State University, Keffi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by vicope: 9:10pm On Mar 23, 2013
Hello Nairalanders,
I am a graduate of Botany from the University of Maiduguri and I wish to undertake my postgraduate studies in an environmental science related discipline, particularly Environmental Biotechnology or Environmental Pollution Control or Environmental Management (in order of preference).

I know a good number of universities in the UK that offer these courses, however I cannot finance the cost of an MSc in the UK for now.

I would be grateful if anyone can provide me with useful information on which Nigerian Universit(y)(ies) offer any one of these above-named courses.
Thanks.
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by berryoflife(f): 9:57am On Mar 26, 2013
Unilag offers environmental toxicology and pollution management or so and i think unaab also offers enviromental management *nt so sure if its management*, i'm also interested in d course, though i studied biochem. I'm hopin to get d M.sc form for unilag wen it comes out. I suggest u check deir websites. Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by vicope: 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
Thank you very much! I really appreciate your contribution. I'll do as you have advised. God bless you.
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by vicope: 11:54am On Apr 02, 2013
berryoflife: Unilag offers environmental toxicology and pollution management or so and i think unaab also offers enviromental management *nt so sure if its management*, i'm also interested in d course, though i studied biochem. I'm hopin to get d M.sc form for unilag wen it comes out. I suggest u check deir websites. Goodluck!

I have been able to garner the following information:

[b]1. OAU Ife
MSc Environmental Control and Management.
Course Duration: 4 semesters.
Application starts: October.

2. University of Lagos
MSc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management.
Course Duration: 3 semesters.
Application starts: April

3. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
MSc Environmental Management and Protection.
MSc Environmental Management and Toxicology
Application starts: July

4. University of Port-Hacourt
MSc Natural Resources and Environmental Management (Run in Partnership with University of Gothenburg Sweden and three Nigerian Universities).
Course Duration: 12 months.
Application starts: July/August

5. University of Nigeria, Nsukka
MSc Environmental Management and Control.
Application for 2013 closes on April 2nd (today).[/b]

**Other institutions offering MSc Environmental Management include UniUyo, ABU Zaria and a host of others.

Please NOTE that I placed emphasis on these five universities above based on my personal preferences which include:

1. Not wanting to study in the NORTH (as I already did my BSc there).

2. First generation universities that are prestigous for their PG academic standard and recognized by the NUC.

3. Federal Universities (I prefer them to state and private).

4. Nigerian Universities with good ranks on the 2013 webometrics and 4ICU ranking of universities.

5. Full time courses (some universities offer MSc Environmental Management on part-time and executive basis)

6.(Most importantly) course outline and course description.

UNFORTUNATELY, No university offers MSc in Environmental Biotechnology.....except for UNAAB that offers MSc Animal Biotechnology. Guess we still have a long way to go in embracing the emerging field of Biotechnology in Nigeria.

Please try to keep in touch if you get any info about any of these institutions (especially when their PG forms are on sale). I will do the same.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by berryoflife(f): 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
Thanks so much for d info. I actually finished frm uniport and wanted to enroll for d INRES programme at uniport last year, but i was put off by the tuition fee, it was abt 750 thousand or there about, though it included free lunch and accomodation for d duration of d course (dat's wot i was told by d contact person). I'm looking forward to dat of unilag anyways, but i kinda lyk d unaab's course title. Its jst d extra semester dat's givin me concern LOl!

1 Like

Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by vicope: 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2013
shocked shocked shocked 750k? That money plenty o! That can almost pay for my masters in SA or Cyprus!

But sha....if the MSc degree certificate will carry the seal of University of Gothenburg Sweden (well that kinda make some sense), then its understandable!

I'm also seriously considering that of Unilag. The duration is also an issue for me. I'll rather apply for unilag's 18months programme (3 semesters) or squeeze out the money for Uniport's 12months INRES programme.

There is no TIME to be doing 4 semesters oh! undecided
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by bibu: 9:11am On Apr 09, 2013
@Vicope,please what is the duration of the M.sc in Nsukka?
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by bibu: 9:13am On Apr 09, 2013
vicope:

I have been able to garner the following information:

[b]1. OAU Ife
MSc Environmental Control and Management.
Application starts: October.

2. University of Lagos
MSc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management.
Course Duration: 3 semesters.
Application starts: April

3. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
MSc Environmental Management and Protection.
MSc Environmental Management and Toxicology
Application starts: July

4. University of Port-Hacourt
MSc Natural Resources and Environmental Management (Run in Partnership with University of Gothenburg Sweden and three Nigerian Universities).
Course Duration: 12 months.
Application starts: July/August

5. University of Nigeria, Nsukka
MSc Environmental Management and Control.
Application for 2013 closes on April 2nd (today).[/b]

**Other institutions offering MSc Environmental Management include UniUyo, ABU Zaria and a host of others.

Please NOTE that I placed emphasis on these five universities above based on my personal preferences which include:

1. Not wanting to study in the NORTH (as I already did my BSc there).

2. First generation universities that are prestigous for their PG academic standard and recognized by the NUC.

3. Federal Universities (I prefer them to state and private).

4. Nigerian Universities with good ranks on the 2013 webometrics and 4ICU ranking of universities.

5. Full time courses (some universities offer MSc Environmental Management on part-time and executive basis)

6.(Most importantly) course outline and course description.

UNFORTUNATELY, No university offers MSc in Environmental Biotechnology.....except for UNAAB that offers MSc Animal Biotechnology. Guess we still have a long way to go in embracing the emerging field of Biotechnology in Nigeria.

Please try to keep in touch if you get any info about any of these institutions (especially when their PG forms are on sale). I will do the same.
Thanks!
. Please what is the duration of M.sc. Environ. Mgt in Nsukka?
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by vicope: 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
bibu: . Please what is the duration of M.sc. Environ. Mgt in Nsukka?

Master’s degree (Regular) – 12 months for full-time and 3 Semesters for part-time. But please NOTE that entry for 2013/2014 programme ended on April 1st 2013.
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by boghetto: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pls who knows cost of tuition for environmental management and control in unn? Pls any1?
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by vicope: 9:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
boghetto: Pls who knows cost of tuition for environmental management and control in unn? Pls any1?

No idea bro.... Sorry!.
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by braine(m): 3:08am On Sep 10, 2014
So, vicope where you able to get the Msc admission at unilag? I'm inspiring too, I might need your help.
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by TheMaleBoss(m): 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hello, is there anyone here. Will like to continue discussing about this Msc. Environmental toxicology in unilag. Anyone?
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by braine(m): 2:09am On Mar 20, 2015
TheMaleBoss:
Hello, is there anyone here. Will like to continue discussing about this Msc. Environmental toxicology in unilag. Anyone?

The department is messed up.
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by TheMaleBoss(m): 11:47pm On Mar 29, 2015
braine:

Really? What's the problem?
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by TheMaleBoss(m): 11:48pm On Mar 29, 2015
braine:

Really? What's the problem? Cuz I'm really interested
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by vicope: 1:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheMaleBoss:

Really? What's the problem? Cuz I'm really interested

Really messed up.......thats all I can say!
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by stinggy(m): 11:22am On Jul 13, 2015
vicope:

Pls do you have info about schools offering any of those Environmental courses you listed earlierin the North (close to Abj, preferably).
I understand you aren't/weren't interested in any northern school, I am.
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by PreanceMapiae(m): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2015
Please I read biology education and I want to apply for environmental quality management msc uniben...am I eligible?
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by opeyewa: 9:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
berryoflife:
Unilag offers environmental toxicology and pollution management or so and i think unaab also offers enviromental management *nt so sure if its management*, i'm also interested in d course, though i studied biochem. I'm hopin to get d M.sc form for unilag wen it comes out. I suggest u check deir websites. Goodluck!
Did u finally do the msc in environmental toxicology?
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by Ali929(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2016
vicope:

Hi vicope, pls can u kindly explain better. I ve a friend who wants to apply for d program (Msc in environmental toxicology) due to her work. Someone told her dat classes hold on Saturdays & is quite flexible and she wants to work while do a FT program.

Pls kindly help out with good information so she knws which decision to take either to resign and go for her preferred course (1st choice- parasitology and bioinformatics, 2nd choice-medical parasitology) or do d environmental toxicology...
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by Ali929(m): 8:43am On Jul 13, 2016
braine:

Hi braine, pls can u kindly explain better. I ve a friend who wants to apply for d program (Msc in environmental toxicology) due to her work. Someone told her dat classes hold on Saturdays & is quite flexible and she wants to work while do a FT program.
Pls kindly help out with good information so she knws which decision to take either to resign and go for her preferred course (1st choice- parasitology and bioinformatics, 2nd choice-medical parasitology) or do d environmental toxicology...
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by utitofonsunday: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2016
vicope:
Hello Nairalanders,
I am a graduate of Botany from the University of Maiduguri and I wish to undertake my postgraduate studies in an environmental science related discipline, particularly Environmental Biotechnology or Environmental Pollution Control or Environmental Management (in order of preference).

I know a good number of universities in the UK that offer these courses, however I cannot finance the cost of an MSc in the UK for now.

I would be grateful if anyone can provide me with useful information on which Nigerian Universit(y)(ies) offer any one of these above-named courses.
Thanks.

Visit www.assignmentclass.com.ng to ask and get the best answer to your academic questions.
Re: Msc In Environmental Biotechnology - Please Advice by Dezkid15(m): 2:47pm On May 15, 2017
berryoflife:
pls Where do toxicologists work after graduation? and do they have high chance of employment?

(1) (Reply)

West End University College Ghana,admission In Progress! Admission Forms On Sale / Uniuyo 2017/2018 Screening Timetable Is Out / Breaking news: Esut Post Ume Exam cancelled or suspended.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.