Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth (17380 Views)

Wives Of Nigerian Comedians In A Group Picture / Wives Of Nigerian Comedians; Who Is The Most Beautiful Amongst Them? / This Annoying Thing About Nigerian Comedians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 24, 2013
MEILYN:
no he is not, he is hilarious
ok
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by Kezifils(m): 11:28am On Mar 24, 2013
Pls who is Basketmouth? undecidedPls who is Basketmouth?
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by logica(m): 11:29am On Mar 24, 2013
Pot, say hi to the kettle.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by MEILYN(m): 11:34am On Mar 24, 2013
Kezifils: Pls who is Basketmouth? undecidedPls who is Basketmouth?
Ask ur ancestors dude
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by Kezifils(m): 11:40am On Mar 24, 2013
Basketmouth is among d 1st 5 best comedians in Naija. So real and fucking hilarious.
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by a1solution: 11:46am On Mar 24, 2013
Kezifils: Basketmouth is among d 1st 5 best comedians in Naija. So real and fucking hilarious.
How do you know? Name them
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by vizboy(m): 11:48am On Mar 24, 2013
pls who can tell me where i can get PACK OF INDUSTRIAL SEALED WEED to buy cause i need to be on the high side
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by blackmale(m): 11:48am On Mar 24, 2013
as for me,, bovi is way better than this basketmouth,,, he shud improve on his own jokes first, instead of advising his colleagues..
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 24, 2013
Basket mouth fall my hand sha. If there's anyone who has B.sc, M.sc and Phd in recycling and repeating old jokes, it is this dude basketmouth! I like ur comedy..repetition or not. But u phucked up(big time) for accusing ur colleagues of what you're guilty of! angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by vizboy(m): 11:50am On Mar 24, 2013
Kezifils: Basketmouth is among d 1st 5 best comedians in Naija. So real and fucking hilarious.
i thought you did not know basket mouth :-/
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by Afam4eva(m): 11:52am On Mar 24, 2013
pato405: he's the least creative...always talking about relationships. Gandoki stands out
I agree, Gandoki stands out but Basketmouth is very good too and creative. His comedic assumptions can really be funny.**Imagine say mouth dey for yansh**. lol
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by Ikbobby(m): 11:52am On Mar 24, 2013
Imanuelle: And he is creative?
I know how many times he's stolen my tweet, and taken credit for it, just because he's got more followers.
that's a fake basketmouth account u talking bout...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2013
Ik-bobby:
that's a fake basketmouth account u talking bout...

No its not.
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 24, 2013
...including one comedian called Basketmouth-the guy lacks creativity,big time...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by Truckpusher(m): 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2013
I guess the DANA air fanfare he attended was part of his being creative despite the fact that people lost their loved ones , yet to be compensated and are still traumatized ,but barely one year after the horrible avoidable incident they were paid to attract customers into the same airliner smh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by Memphis357(m): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2013
Basketmouth has lost his creativity. Compare him presently with when he was still an upcoming act. Have any of y'all seen the BIG Friday show lately?? That show is like my ex gf's vagina....."boring when it's dry"!
That's the problem with 9ja entertainers...... When money don come,creativity takes a backseat!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by MrCork17: 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2013
But why are nigerian comedians nrmaly ugly?..seriously! angry
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by uncletbuddy(m): 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2013
bakynes: I still rate him as d best in Naija next to him is I go die

Na lie.. Klint d drunk z d best. he hz originality, funny, unique and...
the next z Gordons.. d guy z perfectly funny... gat originality... everytin about dis two are funny.
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by ZACHIE: 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2013
Shut up, Bright.
Your recycle bin is full

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by Nuzo1(m): 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
With due respect Mr Akpota, you are one of the least creative and innovative amongst your dry colleagues. You not only repeat your dry jokes from the first season of Night of a thousand laughs, you copy others from people.

Now, let me address the issues you raised in general terms.
1. Nigerian comedians are not creative because just like an average policeman, they went into the profession solely for economic reasons and not for the love of it.

2. Unlike Nigerian comedians, foreign comedians always have a team of professional writers and composers. People like Jon stewart, Steve Colbert, Chelsea and even hilarious Tina Fey has over 20 writers each.

Nigerian comedians would rather greedily write, compose, direct and produce their shows single handedly. Same mistake can be noticed in the music and movie industry.

3. Nigerian comedians are over paid in proportion to their works. Why would one strive to improve if he's already being paid well for doing nothing.

You also said that musicians can put their songs on replay and still have the crowd mesmerized. Yes! However, you forgot to tell us that most of you are being paid 3 times of what these popular musicians receive. Bear in mind that these musicians come with band members and equipments while all you have to do is show up in your skinny suit.

I will encourage you guys (comedians, musicians, movie makers) to diversify. Meaning that you should read more and be more sensitive to your environment. Scan and spot intelligent and talented writers and composers, don't be greedy...pay them well to write for you. Timaya experimented this method in his latest album and it WORKED!

Just like the natural resources, the entertainment industry is still untapped in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by yuzedo: 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
bakynes: I still rate him as d best in Naija next to him is I go die
Double true! cool
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by antontech(m): 12:59pm On Mar 24, 2013
Story
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123: is basketmouth even funny ?
In as much as he is a good jester, he still repeats jokes n that's even more annoying from someone his capacity than the young comedians.
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by sexyboocalher(f): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2013
Mr..Cork:

Sexxybrother..madam plis groww up and *STOP* Acting like a Nigerian!! angry

N like lik wor country? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by MrCork17: 1:13pm On Mar 24, 2013
sexyboocalher:

N like lik wor country? cheesy

AM FROM LONDON!!! angry
Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by Emylexray(m): 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2013
If you are on nairaland, there are two things involved. Its either you are a moderator or you are an ordinary member,
if you are a mod, you are safe, if you are not a mod, there are two things involved,
its either you comment on a topic or you derail the thread.
if you comment on the topic without derailing, you are safe, if you derail, there are two things involve, its either your comment is hidden or they ban you. If they hide your comment, you are safe, if they ban you, there are two things involved. Its either you serve the ban or YOU QUIT NAIRALAND!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Comedians Lack Creativity – Basketmouth by sexyboocalher(f): 1:18pm On Mar 24, 2013
Mr..Cork:

LONDON!!! angry

Lai lai!!! Full blooded 9ja cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Moses Welcomes Baby Boy! / Mercy Aigbe Dancing With Her Daughter, Michelle / Tony Umez Loses Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.