Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

African President Flees From Presidential Palace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African President Flees From Presidential Palace (1301 Views)

PDP Chief Kashamu Flees From Abuja Flight / APC, Buhari Should Withdraw From Presidential Race - Fayose / APC Withdrew From Presidential Debate To Save Buhari From Shame — Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Iyaniwura123: 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2013
PRESIDENT François Bozizé Yangouvonda of the Central African Republic has fled from his country as rebels of the Séléka Coalition take over the Presidential Palace in the capital city of Bangui. Bozize has fled to the neighboring Democratic Republic of Congo after 10 years in power. The rebels had shot down the attack helicopter sent by Bozize.

http://iyaniwura.com/african-president-flees-from-presidential-palace/

An army general who joined the military under the late dictator, Emperor Jean Bedel-Bokassa, Bozize took over power in March 2003 when he led armed rebels against the former President Ange-Félix Patassé under whom he was the Chief of Army Staff. Patassé was outside the country when he attacked. He was coming from a meeting in Niger Republic but could not land at the airport which was controlled by Bozize’s forces. He was exiled to Togo where he later died.

Bozize would later show his interest in becoming a civilian president when he said: After thinking thoroughly, and being deeply convinced and keeping in mind the nation’s interest, I grasped the deep sense of my people’s calls. As a citizen, I’ll take my responsibility. I’ll contest the election to achieve the task of rebuilding the country, which is dear to me and according to your wish.

As president, Bozize organized elections, which he won, and was well on his way to becoming a dictator for life until the 24th, March 2013 when rebels overpowered his forces.

Some weeks ago, President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria expressed his concern as the rebels closed in on the capital city of Bangui. Aged 66, Bozize was the fourth President of CAR and the nation now remains without a leader.

With a population of about 4.6 million and very rich in natural resources such as crude oil, uranium, gold and diamonds (and plentiful arable land), the Central African Republic remains one of the poorest nations in the world.

Thanks for your time.
Iyaniwura.

Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by acidtalk: 3:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
wHatever goes around surely come around.

He came in as a 'rebel' and also chased out by the rebels.

When our own Oga patapata sef go run commot from the 'Rock'? That man don too steal now abi na until him sell the entire country before he go they satisfied?
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by AK481(m): 3:20pm On Mar 24, 2013
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 24, 2013
Why won't Goodluck Jonathan mind his own business? wetin consign am with another man's country? Aproko! mtscheeew!
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by teniyi(m): 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2013
Noted. The country and her Sister DR Congo never withness peace and are being ruled by christian brothren. Haaa
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by otokx(m): 3:28pm On Mar 24, 2013
why did he flee? He should have waited to receive his judgement.
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by mensdept: 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2013
teniyi: Noted. The country and her Sister DR Congo never withness peace and are being ruled by christian brothren. Haaa

And Somalia, Sudan, and even now legendary Egypt, all being controlled and run down by Muslims.

Boko Haram needs a bailout says bedsheet wearing Alhaji from Sokoto.

Imagine that.
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Chanchit: 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
God punish devil, na Congo him too go die..! Amen.
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Akshow: 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
Ok
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Akshow: 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
When will Jonathan flee aso rock?
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by AustineE1: 6:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
Akshow: When will Jonathan flee aso rock?
..that will be after his second tenure in 2019,he may decide to stay in the future new Niger-Delta republic,depending on how the break-up of Nigeria goes!..and he will also be welcomed in the 'land of the rising sun'!i wish you 'goodluck',as your question has been answered!
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Afam4eva(m): 6:11pm On Mar 24, 2013
Is it that Nigeria is too civilized not to have rebels or nobody has the heart to fight and chase a sitting government in Nigeria. Someone who will look at Nigeria from afar will think all is well since there's no threat to the sit of the president. Nigeria is just one unique country. I think universities should introduce Nigeria as a course of study.

2 Likes

Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
Afam4eva: Is it that Nigeria is too civilized not to have rebels or nobody has the heart to fight and chase a sitting government in Nigeria. Someone who will look at Nigeria from afar will think all is well since there's no threat to the sit of the president. Nigeria is just one unique country. I think universities should introduce Nigeria as a course of study.

Rebels? The Nigerian military will crush any rebel group that tries to march on Abuja to seize power. Nigeria is not Mali, Ivory Coast or DRC where rebel groups can openly challenge govt to combat. The most that can happen is groups like Boko Haram launching suicide bombs now and again and running off to hide.

2 Likes

Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Afam4eva(m): 6:26pm On Mar 24, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Rebels? The Nigerian military will crush any rebel group that tries to march on Abuja to seize power. Nigeria is not Mali, Ivory Coast or DRC where rebel groups can openly challenge govt to combat. The most that can happen is groups like Boko Haram launching suicide bombs now and again and running off to hide.
Now, it depends on how strong the rebel group is. What has made most rebels groups in other countries succeed is due to the fact that they're often supported by the local population.
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2013
Afam4eva: Is it that Nigeria is too civilized not to have rebels or nobody has the heart to fight and chase a sitting government in Nigeria. Someone who will look at Nigeria from afar will think all is well since there's no threat to the sit of the president. Nigeria is just one unique country. I think universities should introduce Nigeria as a course of study.

Nigeria is unique because overall the people are cowards; and they dont want it to work. Religion and Tribalism is big, the politicians know this, and they use it to their advantage. A situation where the President is as incompetent as they come but because one section of people (Like urself) only like him because hes related to them by tribe and religion, while another section hates him because of exactly those same reasons is why Nigeria is the way it is today!

Dont forget to give him 99.8% votes again, complain, then come back to tell us that Nigeria is a "unique" case.
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Afam4eva(m): 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2013
kingoflag:

Nigeria is unique because overall the people are cowards; and they dont want it to work. Religion and Tribalism is big, the politicians know this, and they use it to their advantage. A situation where the President is as incompetent as they come but because one section of people (Like urself) only like him because hes related to them by tribe and religion, while another section hates him because of exactly those same reasons is why Nigeria is the way it is today!

Dont forget to give him 99.8% votes again, complain, then come back to tell us that Nigeria is a "unique" case.
In your dirty mind, i'm a GEJ fan. lol.
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Tolexander: 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2013
He isn't the only one to flee. Some people have done it in nigeria before!

If there is any law i will never doubt its ability in the universe cos it has no limitation, it is KARMA!

No matter how fast you are with speed on earth, even 1million times faster than the speed of light, remember Nemesis will surpass the speed and catch up with you!
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
In your dirty mind, i'm a GEJ fan. lol.

I didnt say that.

Notice, I focused on "Tribe" and "Religion".
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Afam4eva(m): 7:26pm On Mar 24, 2013
kingoflag:

I didnt say that.

Notice, I focused on "Tribe" and "Religion".
You used me as a case study. Didn't you?
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by AustineE1: 10:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
...so when has it become a crime to be GEJs supporter!as for me and my house hold we support him..@kingoflag,mind you,there are other reasons why some of us supports GEJ other than the two you erroneously stated!He is a democrat to the core,humane,humble,well adjusted and also,he is a listening president!...just thinking,he has a heart for the masses,going by his humble beginning.
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Dibiachukwu: 10:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
Rebels in a poor African country have grenades, machine guns and anti-aircraft missiles. Who gave them those weapons? West, Arabs and chinese are not your friends. Don't welcome them to your country. Use them and dump them. They are greedy.
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2013
concise definition of Africa: A continent blessed with abundant natural resources but cursed with bad leadership.
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 24, 2013
Austine.E:

...so when has it become a crime to be GEJs supporter!as for me and my house hold we support him..@kingoflag,mind you,there are other reasons why some of us supports GEJ other than the two you erroneously stated!He is a democrat to the core,humane,humble,well adjusted and also,he is a listening president!...just thinking,he has a heart for the masses,going by his humble beginning.

What do u call a Democrat? Pls, do not insult that word. A democrat that is corrupt to the core? Yeah ok....
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 24, 2013
Afam4eva:

Partly....
Re: African President Flees From Presidential Palace by Afam4eva(m): 11:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
Austine.E:

There's nothing wrong with been a GEJ supporter but i'm not.

(1) (Reply)

She Wanted Bigger Bum, But Got Disability •story Of Michelle Brown / Yoruba May Revolt, Ex-envoy Warns Jonathan / What Nigerians Are Saying About The Crisis In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.