Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Things Jesus Never Said - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things Jesus Never Said (2756 Views)

3 Things Jesus Never Said / Dealing With Misconceptions : 10 Things The Bible Never Said About Creation / Jesus Never Died, Said Myles Munroe The Occultist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 11:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
I'll pen down few things/statements Jesus never said/made. You can add yours.

1. #JesusNeverSaid All rich people are hell bound.

2. #JesusNeverSaid Dressing like a monk will get you to heaven.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 11:31pm On Mar 24, 2013
3. #JesusNeverSaid I'm coming in 2013.

4. #JesusNeverSaid Obama is the Anti-Christ.

5. #JesusNeverSaid Woman, your faith has saved you. Now, buy me a white horse in appreciation.

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by Geewan(m): 11:40pm On Mar 24, 2013
He never said we should worship him

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 12:09am On Mar 25, 2013
Geewan: He never said we should worship him

Yes, didn't see it in the bible, too. smiley
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 8:17am On Mar 25, 2013
#JesusNeverSaid Let there be division in Christianity.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by thorpido(m): 9:09am On Mar 25, 2013
But He said I am the Way,the Truth and the Life and your way is not that way.

That means you are on the wrong path.

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by Geewan(m): 9:20am On Mar 25, 2013
thorpido: But He said I am the Way,the Truth and the Life and your way is not that way.

That means you are on the wrong path.

Do you have a problem with comprehension?
I used the word WORSHIP. I need you to show me where he explicitly said "worship me" and not what you made up for him.
He is certainly the way to a far greater thing which unfortunately you people don't get.

Why are you people always quick to judge? Luke 6:41-42 is certainly null and void these days.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 9:34am On Mar 25, 2013
I seem to have a problem with these religious bigotry and polarism: Islam vs Christianity; Atheism vs Christianity, etc. #JesusNeverSaid Fight for me.

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by thorpido(m): 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2013
Geewan:

Do you have a problem with comprehension?
I used the word WORSHIP. I need you to show me where he explicitly said "worship me" and not what you made up for him.
He is certainly the way to a far greater thing which unfortunately you people don't get.

Why are you people always quick to judge? Luke 6:41-42 is certainly null and void these days.
I'm not judging,but it seems the way to go is to scrutinize and look for what he purportedly didn't say rather than to even find and follow what He said.
Anyway let's not sweat it.To each his own.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by mkmyers45(m): 8:41pm On Mar 25, 2013
BizBloke: I'll pen down few things/statements Jesus never said/made. You can add yours.

1. #JesusNeverSaid All rich people are hell bound.

Yes, he did...unless ofcourse jesus obviously didnt know what he was saying when he said that it would be easier for a camel passing through a needle
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
The angels in heaven worship him so should we. grin grin
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
mkmyers45:

Yes, he did...unless ofcourse jesus obviously didnt know what he was saying when he said that it would be easier for a camel passing through a needle
Hmmm... Don't you know what idiom usage is? Okay, don't be rich in order to make heaven.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by nzechu(m): 10:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
Jesus never said the op should post things he never said on nairaland

#waiting for ur post on things Jesus said

2 Likes

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by NoProphecy: 11:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
Jesus never said anything, because he is a fictional character. Even in the fiction, he never said make up a new religion and name it after me.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 8:00am On Mar 26, 2013
nzechu: Jesus never said the op should post things he never said on nairaland

#waiting for ur post on things Jesus said
Hmm...Hehe!

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 8:02am On Mar 26, 2013
#JesusNeverSaid Greet one another with a holy french kiss.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 8:04am On Mar 26, 2013
NoProphecy: Jesus never said anything, because he is a fictional character. Even in the fiction, he never said make up a new religion and name it after me.
As always, every man is entitled to his opinion. What's the new religion named after him ni?
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by deSika(m): 4:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
Jesus never said his name is Jesus. his name actually is Yeshua
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 10:24pm On Mar 26, 2013
#JesusNeverSaid I'm coming in 2013.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 12:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
#JesusNeverSaid Obama is the Anti-Christ
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by UcheBravo: 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
May understanding be granted you
deSika: Jesus never said his name is Jesus. his name actually is Yeshua
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by sylve11: 1:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
lmao, i nor dey house, make i run leave this thread fast. # after all Jesus never said, sylve11 remain in this thread# grin cool

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
sylve11: lmao, i nor dey house, make i run leave this thread fast. # after all Jesus never said, sylve11 remain in this thread# grin cool

See your head.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
#JesusNeverSaid Woman, your faith has saved you. Now, buy me a white horse in appreciation.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by wazobiaforu(m): 7:54am On Mar 28, 2013
*Jesus himself never said he is God

*Jesus himself never said anything about which religion to follow

*Jesus himself never said create a religion called christianity

*Jesus himself never said he knows all thing

*Jesus never said pray in my name

*Jesus himself never said worship me

*Jesus himself never said anything about homosexuality

*Jesus himself never said If you want to be saved you need to say the sinner’s prayer.

*Jesus himself never said It's Okay to Not Love Certain People

All this thing does not mean we should not know LEFT from RIGHT or BLACK from WHITE but we shud not make them mandatory or try to manipulate it as Jesus teaching, Jesus will not tell you to put pepper in your eyes but will you because of that do it?

Many manipulate Jesus teaching or the Bible the way they love to live

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 8:18am On Mar 28, 2013
^^Hmm...Nice. Now, I really need to create: 'Things Jesus Said' and 'What The Bible Said'.
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by alienvirus: 12:06pm On Mar 28, 2013
1. Jesus never said I am God (no absolute power whatsoever)
2. Jesus never said I know the judgement day (he lacked some knowledge)
3. Jesus never said there must be female pastors (pastor bimbo erred)
4. Jesus never said Adeboye must be called Daddy (redeemers erred)
5. Jesus never said Redeemers must not fast lent and catholic must (many people erred).

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by enilove(m): 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2013
Jesus never said, man should marry more than one wife. So any prophet who says God changed His mind or word ,and has now commanded men to marry more than one wife ,is serving a god and commiting adultery.

Jesus did not say,a man can divorce his wife and marries another ,except on the ground of adultery. There4 any religion that gives an open-ended divorce to his followers does not know Jesus and is against Jesus.

Jesus did not say, a man can beat his wife.because they are one.Only a mad man would beat himself.

Jesus did not say, women are intellectually inferior to men.

Jesus did not say, women comprised the majority in Hell.

Jesus did not say, a man can divorce his wife as many times as he wishes. And if he does it twice to the same woman,and he feels like taking her back,the woman should go and have sxx with another man b4 returning to the man.This a moral decadence.

Jesus did not say,if a woman wants to prove a rape or molestation,she should provide 4 male witness to corroborate her account,if not she should be stoned for confessing to adultery. But Jesus in John 8-11,told the woman caught in the act of adultry " Neither do I condemn thee:go and sin no more." That is love.

Jesus did not say people should face a stone and direct their prayers to it,because god lives in that stone house.Any person that does that is worshipping an idol,in the name of God.The Spirit of God is present everywhere. Idol worshippers must face the idol and bow to the idol. Even if we build a sky scraper with gold and diamond,& as big Lagos State.It cannot contain God.If you go round the building every year Seven times at aparticular time of the year,you have made the building your idol or there is a likelyhood that idol is hidden inside. because God cannot be caged.

Jesus never said salvation is of the Arab.But says salvation is of the Jews.This means ,it is through the Jews the whole world shall be saved.4:22 John.
This was God's promise to Abraham and his descendant through Isaac.
Genesis17:1- 8" And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, d Lord appeared to Abram,& said unto him ,I am the Almighty God; walk b4 me ,& be thou perfect.And I will make my covenant btw me and thee,& will multiply thee exceedingly.....As for me,behold,my covenant is with thee,& thou shall be a father of MANY NATIONS.......And I will establish my covenant btw me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant,to be a God unto thee,and thy seed after thee.And I will give unto thee,& to thy seed after thee,the land wherein thou art a stranger,all the land of CANAAN( not Saudi Arabia ),for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.......every man child among you shall be circumcised.( That was why David said to the Philistine ( Goliath),who is this uncircumcised Philistine defiling the armies of the living God)
Verse 21" But my covenant will I establish with ISAAC ( not Ishmael) ,which Sarah( not Haggai ) shall bear unto thee at this set time. Salvation is of the Jews, said Jesus.

Jesus did not say,there is going to another religion or another prophet.

Jesus did not say, a man should marry another man (Homoxesuality).Matt 19:5" For this cause shall a man leave father and mother,& shall cleave to his wife ( not a man or husband ) & the two shall be one flesh."

Jesus never said, you can marry the wife of your adopted son.Anyone or god that allows such, is a "marriage breaker". The bible says " What God has joined together let no man put asunder.

There are so many things that the messiah said that people do not follow or believe ,but would believe anything that fits in with their religious ideologies

Instead of making efforts to know God,people wants to know more about religion and defend it, despite the obnoxious teachings of the religion.

A truth known in hell fire is a disaster.

Anyone that dies without knowing Jesus ,will not make heaven. Do not argue ,but pray to God to reveal to you the true religion.

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by wazobiaforu(m): 4:17pm On Mar 28, 2013
enilove: Jesus never said, man should marry more than one wife. So any prophet who says God changed His mind or word ,and has now commanded men to marry more than one wife ,is serving a god and commiting adultery.

Jesus did not say,a man can divorce his wife and marries another ,except on the ground of adultery. There4 any religion that gives an open-ended divorce to his followers does not know Jesus and is against Jesus.

Jesus did not say, a man can beat his wife.because they are one.Only a mad man would beat himself.

Jesus did not say, women are intellectually inferior to men.

Jesus did not say, women comprised the majority in Hell.

Jesus did not say, a man can divorce his wife as many times as he wishes. And if he does it twice to the same woman,and he feels like taking her back,the woman should go and have sxx with another man b4 returning to the man.This a moral decadence.

Jesus did not say,if a woman wants to prove a rape or molestation,she should provide 4 male witness to corroborate her account,if not she should be stoned for confessing to adultery. But Jesus in John 8-11,told the woman caught in the act of adultry " Neither do I condemn thee:go and sin no more." That is love.

Jesus did not say people should face a stone and direct their prayers to it,because god lives in that stone house.Any person that does that is worshipping an idol,in the name of God.The Spirit of God is present everywhere. Idol worshippers must face the idol and bow to the idol. Even if we build a sky scraper with gold and diamond,& as big Lagos State.It cannot contain God.If you go round the building every year Seven times at aparticular time of the year,you have made the building your idol or there is a likelyhood that idol is hidden inside. because God cannot be caged.

Jesus never said salvation is of the Arab.But says salvation is of the Jews.This means ,it is through the Jews the whole world shall be saved.4:22 John.
This was God's promise to Abraham and his descendant through Isaac.
Genesis17:1- 8" And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, d Lord appeared to Abram,& said unto him ,I am the Almighty God; walk b4 me ,& be thou perfect.And I will make my covenant btw me and thee,& will multiply thee exceedingly.....As for me,behold,my covenant is with thee,& thou shall be a father of MANY NATIONS.......And I will establish my covenant btw me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant,to be a God unto thee,and thy seed after thee.And I will give unto thee,& to thy seed after thee,the land wherein thou art a stranger,all the land of CANAAN( not Saudi Arabia ),for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.......every man child among you shall be circumcised.( That was why David said to the Philistine ( Goliath),who is this uncircumcised Philistine defiling the armies of the living God)
Verse 21" But my covenant will I establish with ISAAC ( not Ishmael) ,which Sarah( not Haggai ) shall bear unto thee at this set time. Salvation is of the Jews, said Jesus.

Jesus did not say,there is going to another religion or another prophet.

Jesus did not say, a man should marry another man (Homoxesuality).Matt 19:5" For this cause shall a man leave father and mother,& shall cleave to his wife ( not a man or husband ) & the two shall be one flesh."

Jesus never said, you can marry the wife of your adopted son.Anyone or god that allows such, is a "marriage breaker". The bible says " What God has joined together let no man put asunder.

There are so many things that the messiah said that people do not follow or believe ,but would believe anything that fits in with their religious ideologies

Instead of making efforts to know God,people wants to know more about religion and defend it, despite the obnoxious teachings of the religion.

A truth known in hell fire is a disaster.

Anyone that dies without knowing Jesus ,will not make heaven. Do not argue ,but pray to God to reveal to you the true religion.

You are FRUSTRATED, pele , biko, mabinu
But Jesus never preach religion

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by enilove(m): 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

You are FRUSTRATED, pele , biko, mabinu
But Jesus never preach religion

What has fraustration got to do with this subject?
By the grace of God,I am above fraustration, even my grand children yet unborn.

Your last resort is always to abuse ,when you do not know what to say.

Jesus did not bring religion,because there was already a God given religion on ground.
He said he has not come to abolish the law,but to fulfil it.

John 4:22 " Ye worship ye know not what:we know what we worship:for salvation is of the Jews.

This indicates that Jesus worships God Almighty even in heaven, and there was a religion,given to Moses already on ground then.
But that religion could not be fulfilled except the messiah comes. Jesus is the messiah,that came to fulfill or complete the redemption.
Even Abraham when he died , he did not go to heaven,he was in the ground ,awaiting the coming of the messiah.

Therefore,everything Jesus said should be considered and taking seriously, because of the day of Judgment.
What Jesus did not say,is irrelevant. Do what he says you should do first,for your own good.This is not about religion,but eternal damnation.

Jesus when Nicodemus asked him what he had to do to make heaven, said "Verily,verily,I say unto thee,except a man be born again,he cannot see the kingdom of God".

That is what Jesus said,and the greatest revelation in the bible.
What does it mean to be born again?It means to forsake your sinful ways and aknowledge that you are a sinner,you must tell God that you are sorry,then confess that you believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins. Then the spirit of God will come upon you, you are now a new creature, in the Spirit of God.2 Cor 5:17.

Another important revelation is in John3:16" Jesus himself told Nicodemus "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,that whosoever believeth in him should not perish ,but have everlasting life".
So,you have to believe he died for your sins and my sins,that we might enjoy eternal life after we depart from this world.

It is like someone trying to swallow an acid,and people are warning him , " you will die if you swallow that acid",if he listens, he would be saved,but if he refuses,it will take only the grace of God to revive him.

That acid is other religions outside Jesus Christ.
Jesus is not after whether people call you a Christian or not,he is after what you do with the oportunity he gave you ,through his death on the cross.

Do you believe?If you do not,you waste the oportunity of life.
Do you believe, but living in sin?You waste the oportunity.

Revelation 21:8 " But the fearful, and the unbeleiving,& the abominable, & d murderers &d whoremongers,& d sorcerers and idolaters and all liars,shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:which is the second death.

May we not be a pertaker in the second death in Jesus name.

This kind of discuss is more important to us than sport and accumulation of wealth.

1 Like

Re: Things Jesus Never Said by BizBloke(m): 7:33pm On Mar 28, 2013
Enilove, nice one. smiley
Re: Things Jesus Never Said by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2013
Jesus never said "celebrate my birthday".

jesus never said "celebrate easter" but you jaiye jaiye people love to simply because my pastor said...my pastor said...shut up! Wetin ur bible talk?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mars-our Last Home; Earth - Our Refugee Camp / What If Jesus Was Gay / Have you Read the Quran Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.