Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora (996 Views)

Former President Jonathan's House To Be Demolished / Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops / Ibadan Flood: Houses To Be Demolished In 7 Days - Gov. Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by koruji(m): 2:45am On Mar 26, 2013
"The traditional ruler stated that the building, where the suspects stayed belongs to the Bayelsa State government adding that he had begun efforts to make sure that the building was demolished."

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/8182-lagos-bomb-house-may-be-demolished-ojora
Written by Olalekan Olabulo - Lagos Tuesday, 26 March 2013 00:00 font size Print Email

LAGOS State government may demolish a building in Ijora area of Lagos State where bombs and AK-47 rifles were set to have been recovered following moves by the traditional ruler of the area.

The building is said to be owned by the Bayelsa State government, a situation which is currently picthing the two states against each other.

The traditional ruler of Ijora, Oba Fatai Ojora, while speaking with newsmen, during a visit by Arewa leaders in Lagos on Monday condemned the activities of the perpetrators of the act, describing them as “ungrateful”.

The traditional ruler stated that the building, where the suspects stayed belongs to the Bayelsa State government adding that he had begun efforts to make sure that the building was demolished.

He warned members of the Boko Haram to stay away from Ijora and other parts of Lagos or be ready for the grave consequence that would follow such act.

Oba Ojora stated that the community escaped a catastrophe by sheer providence.

“The incident could have caused a great damage, it was prayer that saved us,” the traditional ruler stated.

The Seriki Hausa and the chairman of Arewa Council of Chiefs in Lagos State, Alhaji Sanni Kabir, described the incident as “very unfortunate” and urged the Seriki Hausa in all the Hausa communities to remain vigilant.

The Hausa leader said the leaders of the tribe in the state held an emergency meeting and dissociated themselves from the suspects.

Alhaji Kabir also urged the Hausa leaders to report any strange activity or face to the traditional ruler, who, in turn, would notify the security agencies.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/another-suspected-terrorists-hide-out-discovered-in-lagos/
Another suspected terrorists hide out discovered in Lagos
on MARCH 26, 2013 · in NEWS
12:30 am
By Evelyn Usman

Fresh facts emerged, Monday, on the presence of more illegal aliens suspected to be terrorists in Ijora area of Lagos, as information at Vanguard’s disposal revealed that the suspects, who are Malians and Chadians, were occupying a three-storey building owned by a state government.

Last Thursday’s raid by the Department of State Security, DSS, and men of OP Messa, led to the arrest of two suspected terrorists and recovery of arms and explosives in a building on Aromire Street, Ijora.

File photo: TERROR ABODE—Residents at the building used as hideout by the suspects at Ijora, Lagos.
However, investigations revealed that the three story-building alleged to be used by the suspected terrorists is also located on Aromire Street, Ijora, close to the house that was raided last week.

Monarch raises alarm
Lagos monarch, Oba Fatai Oyeyinka Aremu, who spoke when traditional heads of major northern tribes resident in Lagos, led by the Seriki Hausa of Lagos State, Alhaji Sani Kadiri Garuba, visited him in his palace, said it would have been a case of the worse casualties in the history of bombings in the country.

He blamed the government that owns the building for the development. The monarch said: “You see, this problem comes from the state government that owns that property. If you go to the house in Ijora, you will see all these Malians there.

“They are squatters and we have written to the state government concerned several times without any response. Ask the Area Commander and the DPO, they will tell you. On our part, we are trying our best.”

Without mincing word, the monarch urged the Seriki Hausa of Lagos to call his people, particularly those in Ijora to order, saying “I am not happy with what happened because your people have been living with us here since. I have been here since 1994 and this kind of thing had never happened.

“We have been taking your people as brothers and sisters. You don’t have to turn back and do this kind of thing to us. Do something because I am not happy at all. Since that day (last Thursday), I have not been sleeping. Please, let this stop. I am giving them warning. Ijora is a no-go area for them.

“If they still remain in Ijora, I will flush them out, Insha Allah. They should not use Ijora as a base. Ijora is not a base for criminals. I do not tolerate nonsense. Please, I am giving them warning again, they should leave my domain. My domain is not meant for criminals. I am talking to you (Seriki).

“Please, call your men to order. Lagos is a no go area for bombings. These people referred to as Malians, Nigeriens live with your people. Please, talk to your Serikis.”

Seriki Arewa speaks
Earlier, the Seriki Hausa and Chairman, council of Arewa chiefs in Lagos, explained that the purpose of the visit was to commiserate with Oba Oyeyinka on what he described as a sad incident, and to pledge the solidarity of northerners under the Arewa councils of chiefs as peace-loving people.

He said: “We will also like to seize this opportunity to emphasise that for intensive security in our nation, we appeal to the Federal Government to do more. Although it is trying its best to check the menace, we urge them to intensify and broaden their security scope, so that this kind of thing will never happen again.

“Lagos is a mini Nigeria and anything that happened to Lagos will affect the whole nation. Finally, I will like to also appeal to other agencies and nationalities with the state to be calm and patient as we continue to live in harmony with each other.”

93 suspects handed over to Immigration
Meantime, a total of 93 illegal aliens were, yesterday, handed over to the Nigerian Immigration Service, Alagbon, Ikoyi, for onward prosecution.

The aliens, whose mission in the country could not be ascertained, were mainly Malians, Nigeriens and Chadians.

Their arrest followed a raid by joint security operatives following the discovery of a suspected terrorists’ hideout in Ijora area of Lagos, last Thursday.

Confirming the arrest, spokesman for the Nigeria Immigration Service, Mr. Muyiwa Odunubi, said the suspects would be paraded tomorrow by the Command.

He said: “I can confirm to you that we received 93 suspected Boko Haram members, who were handed over to us by the Police and other security agencies.”
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by EkoIle1: 2:59am On Mar 26, 2013

What's the Bayelsa state government doing with any house in Ijora? Sounds like a sleeper cell house for some sinister operations.

They need to demolish that house for sure..
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by OurYansh: 3:13am On Mar 26, 2013
Build up to 2015!!

After successfully destabilising Northern Nigerian, the next stop by GEJ's PDP is‎​ the South-West, by 2015 only South-East and South-South will be stable and these are the places where GEJ will get 98% of the votes..

South-West Governors should watch out for the under-hand tactics of the FG.

PDP said 2015 election is‎​ WAR!!! Smart folks can see now that the war has already started. South-Westerners should be very vigilant. The killer party will stop at nothing to ensure winning 2015. They don't mind killing millions of Nigerians as long as that gives them a 2015 victory.

My people, make una shine una eye ooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by drlaykay(m): 3:20am On Mar 26, 2013
Abeg its high time these mallians,chadians and Nigeriens weren't given free entry into Nigeria.Let them all acquire visa.High scrutinity within the borders they via mostly
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by EkoIle1: 3:27am On Mar 26, 2013
^^^^^^^ Bayelsa state government buying that kind of house in that kid of area and renting apartments to terrorists Malians and Chadian terrorists ?

Makes no sense. I see some delta militants angle here. That house was bought by the Bayelsa state government for a reason and it ain't no good reason...
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by Nobody: 4:43am On Mar 26, 2013
“I am not happy with what happened because your people have been living with us here since. I have been here since 1994 and this kind of thing had never happened.We have been taking your people as brothers and sisters. You don’t have to turn back and do this kind of thing to us. Do something because I am not happy at all. Since that day (last Thursday), I have not been sleeping. Please, let this stop. I am giving them warning. Ijora is a no-go area for them.

“If they still remain in Ijora, I will flush them out, Insha Allah. They should not use Ijora as a base. Ijora is not a base for criminals. I do not tolerate nonsense. Please, I am giving them warning again, they should leave my domain. My domain is not meant for criminals. I am talking to you (Seriki). Please, call your men to order. Lagos is a no go area for bombings. These people referred to as Malians, Nigeriens live with your people. Please, talk to your Serikis.”

Good one.
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by DuduNegro: 5:09am On Mar 26, 2013
kabiru sokoto and some other terrorists were arrested in houses belonging to state governments. now this one belonging to bayelsa state.

why is bayelsa state running a property in badia, if not for some nefarious underground job what else?

i like the way Ojora is handling situation and seriki hausa acknowledged the message as he should. we will see what happens going forward.

i do want to say Ojora has ultimate say over what happens to that house, he is one of the sons of Olofin and they, not the state, own lands in ijora.
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by DuduNegro: 5:22am On Mar 26, 2013
“I am not happy with what happened because your people have been living with us here since. I have been here since 1994 and this kind of thing had never happened.We have been taking your people as brothers and sisters. You don’t have to turn back and do this kind of thing to us. Do something because I am not happy at all. Since that day (last Thursday), I have not been sleeping. Please, let this stop. I am giving them warning. Ijora is a no-go area for them.

“If they still remain in Ijora, I will flush them out, Insha Allah. They should not use Ijora as a base. Ijora is not a base for criminals. I do not tolerate nonsense. Please, I am giving them warning again, they should leave my domain. My domain is not meant for criminals. I am talking to you (Seriki). Please, call your men to order. Lagos is a no go area for bombings. These people referred to as Malians, Nigeriens live with your people. Please, talk to your Serikis.”

.....hmm, gbegede gba'na!! grin cheesy.

Ojora, Allah ya ja zamanin ka! grin
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by DuduNegro: 5:34am On Mar 26, 2013
^^^

...to all ibos reading this, see above quote....pay attention and learn how to respond to issues that touch your humanity. you dont call people that massacre you or plan on doing so "innocents". you should charge them for atrocities and let them come running to you begging mercy and rededicating loyalty and proof of innocence.

copy and share with your massob and other biafran COWARDS
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by 2mch(m): 5:38am On Mar 26, 2013
Looks like it is getting clearer that Jonathan is killing Nigerians. Well if any bomb goes off, Lagosians should target his people. Every 1Lagosian = 10 bayelsans. They better warn Jonathan! This is information SW shouldn't sweep under the rug. Also revocation of that c/o and other suspicious c/o are in order. They need to investigate other c/o's held by other states.
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by EkoIle1: 5:43am On Mar 26, 2013
I am giving them warning again, they should leave my domain. My domain is not meant for criminals. I am talking to you (Seriki). Please, call your men to order. Lagos is a no go area for bombings. These people referred to as Malians, Nigeriens live with your people. Please, talk to your Serikis.”

The Oba wasn't playing for real..
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by DuduNegro: 5:48am On Mar 26, 2013
Eko Ile:

The Oba wasn't playing for real..

Nooo, he is upset angry

i don salute am in hausa, make i salute am again abeg..

Ojora, may God prolong your reign on the throne!
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by Tolexander: 6:01am On Mar 26, 2013
It will be better they don't demolish the house. Because the kind of people they arrested in the house has already placed the house on a 24hours surveillance and make the society security conscious.
But demolishing the house will give them a lil rest of mind that they have defeated the terrorists' purpose.
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by EkoIle1: 6:20am On Mar 26, 2013
The Lagos State Government has concluded plans to demolish the building in which bombs and Ak47 rifles were recovered last Thursday in Ijora area. National Mirror gathered yesterday from the monarch of Ijora, Oba Fatai Ojora, during a visit by Arewa leaders in Lagos to his palace that effort to demolish the building by the Lagos State Government is on top gear.

The Ijora monarch said that the building belonged to the Bayelsa State Government. Condemning the suspected members of the Boko Haram, who he described as ungrateful, Oba Ojora warned them to stay away from Ijora and other parts of Lagos State. He said effort had begun to demolish the building.

“The incident is bad; it was prayer that saved us,” the monarch said, insisting: “Foreigners were staying in the midst of Hausa.” The Seriki Hausa and the chairman of Arewa Council of Chiefs in Lagos State, Alhaji Sanni Kabir, described the incident as unfortunate and urged the Seriki Hausa in all the Hausa communities to remain vigilant.

According to him, Hausa leaders in the state had had an emergency meeting and dissociated themselves from the dastardly act He also called on the federal and state governments to intensify efforts in the provision of security for Nigerians, urging Hausa leaders to report any strange activity to the monarch.

Meanwhile, the Lagos State Command Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, said the police had fully taken over the security of the building in question until it is finally demolished by the government.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/govt-to-demolish-lagos-boko-haram-building/

That building is going down. Hope they do it without a kobo in compensation to Bayelsa state?
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 26, 2013
It was noted that Azazi sent some militants to train with the Nigerian military in the name of amnesty and after they received full military training, all of them disappeared and nobody said a thing about it. Azazi took over all cases of Boko Haram something not in his jurisdiction. Now Bayelsa State government bought a house in Lagos and the house is being used to store weapons.

Why did the Bayelsa State government buy that porrly built, dirty looking house that looks uncompleted?

For what?

Ijaws, take note of your atrocities, it shall come to defeat you one day.
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by Tigerhead: 7:00am On Mar 26, 2013
I have always liked the way the yoruba people make noise. They just take pleasure in opening their mouths, no matter what garbage falls out. You are all calling for the killing of niger deltans in general and Ijaws in particular. I think in this jungle called Nigeria, the niger deltans as a group have proved that they are to be taken seriously. A word is enough for the wise.

Kill Ijaws and see what happens next.
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by Hadone(m): 7:00am On Mar 26, 2013
YOU ALL FAIL TO REASON WITH US WHEN BOKO HARAM IS KILLING OUR PEOPLE, DESTRYING OUR LAND AND OUR PROPERTY. WE THE NORTHENERS HATE B-H WORST BECOUSE WE'RE THE ONE WITNESSING THEIR TROUBLE. BUT WE DESERVE NO SYMPATHY FROM YOUR EYES AS YOU ALWAYS REFER TO INNOCENT PEACE LOVING NORTHENERS AS BOKO HARAM. OUR VOICE IS SO LOW THAT EVEN WHEN WE CRY LOUD, NOBODY WANT TO REASON WITH US. NOW SEE HOW CLEARLY THE SOUTHERN PEOPLE AND EVEN THEIR GOVERNMENT INVOLVED IN BOKO-HARAM. OR IS BAYELSA TOO AN HAUSA STATE?
Re: Lagos Bomb House May Be Demolished - Ojora by DuduNegro: 8:46am On Mar 26, 2013
Tigerhead: I have always liked the way the yoruba people make noise. They just take pleasure in opening their mouths, no matter what garbage falls out. You are all calling for the killing of niger deltans in general and Ijaws in particular. I think in this jungle called Nigeria, the niger deltans as a group have proved that they are to be taken seriously. A word is enough for the wise.

Kill Ijaws and see what happens next.

they were ruthlessly dealt with by OPC in past . is there something new in their arsenal since their last @ss whipping?

(1) (Reply)

Tension As Boko Haram Grounds 10 Lgs In Borno / Factional NGF Chairman, Jang, Meets Factional NYCN President, Shendam In Jos / 6 Trampled To Death As They Scramble For Free Food In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.