Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,282 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% (3657 Views)

Oando Posts 2014-FY And Q1-2015 Results / Oando Rights Issue. Should We Invest? Help! / Cadbury Nigeria Rights Issue - What Is This All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by scribble: 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2013
Oando Plc may have realised about N62 billion from its Rights Issue, indicating an oversubscription of N8 billion or 14 per cent, a source close to the regulators has exclusively revealed.

The integrated energy firm had issued 4.548 billion shares to existing shareholders at N12 per share to raise N54.6 billion between December 2012 and February 2013.

THISDAY checks showed that the offer had recorded an over subscription of N8 billion, translating to about N62.6 billion total subscription due to high investor demand.

This is coming on the heels of recent bullish run of the company’s share price as investors continue to show confidence for the blue-chip stock. Analysts are betting on post-rights issue valuation that suggests a 60 per cent upside to the Rights Offer price and therefore recommending ‘BUY’ rating.

According to a capital market watcher, the positive response to Oando’s Rights Issue is a very good sign for the market as it is the first true market test since the bourse went cold on the back of the global economic deceleration.

The market expert believed that shareholders have responded to a positive outlook based on strong market fundamentals.
“Oando is entering a new frontier in its integrated energy business model which will see the company increase investments in the upstream segment of the Oil & Gas space.

In addition, the analyst believed “Oando is a low cost route into Nigeria’s attractive energy sector,” he said.

Analysts said Oando Plc had made investment in the high margin upstream division that would transform the business significantly and increase value creation for the shareholders. The acquisition of ConocoPhillips’ entire oil and gas assets in Nigeria put the company on stead to increase its oil production to almost 50,000 barrels of oil per day. It also extends its footprint into the liquefied natural gas (LNG), as well as power generation.

An initial $435 million deposit has been made the balance of $1.3 billion will be paid by the proceeds of the recently concluded Rights Issue whilst a syndicate of international banks have lined up to finance the $800 million debt portion of the transaction.
When contacted, the Group Chief Executive, Oando Plc, Mr. Wale Tinubu, declined to comment on the total amount raised through the rights issue, saying the allotment has to be completed and approved by the regulators before any public communication can be made.
He, however, said: “We thank our shareholders, for the immense support we received during the acceptance period of our Rights Issue exercise. We are truly humbled by the level of participation from them as well as the new investors who acquired Oando Plc’s shares through traded rights on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE). The fresh capital will be deployed to actualise our corporate strategy for improved earnings through higher margin upstream businesses and increased value creation by reduction in our cost of capital”. According to Mr. Tinubu, Oando looks forward to the successful conclusion of the Rights Issue exercise, which will pave the way for a revitalised company, strongly positioned for diversified growth.

There was last a minute rush for the shares few days to the closure of the offer last month following the attractive price and the confidence investors expressed in the business fundamental and the future outlook of the leading integrated energy company. “The Company has made huge investments over the years that would begin to yield fruits very soon” a shareholder remarks. Also, analysts believe that the prospect of having a stake in the very lucrative upstream sector would increase investors’ appetite for Oando shares in the rights issue.

http://www.theheraldng.com/oando-rights-issue-records-14-oversubscription/
Re: Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 28, 2013
Interesting.
Re: Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by momodub: 1:59pm On Mar 28, 2013
share hlders don hammer
Re: Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by momodub: 2:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
analysts believe that the prospect of having a stake in the very lucrative upstream sector would increase investors’ appetite for Oando shares in the rights issue.take note guys
Re: Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2013
oando is a good stock that has learnt lessons on corporate governance, and thus better positioned for proft. so when are they crediting cscs accounts with the rights bought? or when will they send out rights certificate. its been over a month now.
Re: Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by stockbull(m): 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2013
it is not a suprise. A good stock for the longs
Re: Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by miqos02(m): 3:30pm On Mar 28, 2013
congrats to all successful shareholders
Re: Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by Akpan107(m): 3:56pm On Mar 28, 2013
i no even understand weytin dem dey talk sef... I have roughtly 10,000 units of OANDO shares... After all these grammer, what will be added to my shares na im i wan know.
Re: Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by Natudu: 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2013
Nice stock to hold. It will explode in the next few months....
Re: Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by igbonla(m): 5:26pm On Mar 28, 2013
Natudu: Nice stock to hold. It will explode in the next few months....

Amen.
Re: Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by tayoast(m): 9:34pm On Mar 28, 2013
Akpan107: i no even understand weytin dem dey talk sef... I have roughtly 10,000 units of OANDO shares... After all these grammer, what will be added to my shares na im i wan know.

To begin with, right issue is meant for existing shareholders.

Since you did not buy additional shares, nothing will happen to the number of shares you have.

The right issue being over-subscribed by 14% means demand by the right holders exceeded the company's supply by 14% (i.e 114 offers made for 100shares).

1 Like

Re: Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by hbrednic: 12:23am On Mar 29, 2013
same story all over again,na oversubsriction shareholders go chop abi ?
Re: Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
hbrednic: same story all over again,na oversubsriction shareholders go chop abi ?
its just an indication of investors interest in the stock.
Re: Oando Rights Issue Over-Subscribed By 14% by ttmacoy: 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2015
Interesting to note that Oando is now going through a third rights issue in about 3 years after reporting vey significant loses. I am suprisd no heads have rolled yet and investors are still going to over subscribe to the new offer despite the pice crashing to N6 resulting in loses for investors who have invested in the last 2 rights issue.

I still have concerns for Oando especially given they are yet to impair the assets acquired at the height of the oil price boom from ConocoPhillips.

(1) (Reply)

Invest And Make $5 - $10 With Your Smartphone / Why Does Elon Musk Son Of South Africa Never Invest In South Africa? / I'm Willing To Invest 100k In Any Profitable Venture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.