Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,971 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 (10118 Views)

The Biggest Mistakes Logo Designers Make / Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results / Free Nairaland Web Banner Ad Designs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Seun(m): 11:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
I'm pleased to inform you that we will be providing another round of free advertising to web designers and web design firms on Nairaland. This time, we will provide free advertising worth at least 39,500 naira to be shared by 10 to 20 lucky web designers.

To be considered for the free ad offer, please submit the following items on this thread:
1. A 154 by 95 pixel banner ad in the 24-bit PNG format, which promotes your web design business. It must have a dark-coloured, solid single pixel border all round.
2. A link to an excellent landing page on your official website which primarily promotes your web design business.

We will pick the 10 to 20 best design and landing page combos which are in full complaince with our requirements above, and put them on a page similar to www.nairaland.com/webdesigners. During the last round, many designers submitted ads at the wrong size and we had to manually resize them. We will be more strict this time.

Here are some tips for designing for the 154 by 95 pixel format:
1. Don't use more than 10 words of text. Leave out less relevant details and put them on your landing page.
2. Use attractive images that are meaningful to your prospective clients and are likely to attract their attention.
3. The most important elements of your ad - text or images - should be as big and bold and sharp as possible.
4. Don't design at a different resolution and resize as the last step. The resulting image will by blurry and ugly.

This time, each web designer may submit only one entry. If you submit more than one entry, we will assume that the last one you submitted is the only one you submitted. So send us your very best and most compelling design!

The contest is over! The winning ads can be seen in the attachment below, and here. Thanks to everyone for participating!

1 Like

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 27, 2013
Oga! When will it be the turn of web hosts?

Great move though.

God bless!
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by ZinoFego: 4:02am On Mar 27, 2013
@Seun, can those that participated in the first round and won still take part in this?

Here is our shot! https://springwebhost.com/index.php/2013-03-02-15-57-30

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Seun(m): 9:31am On Mar 27, 2013
ZinoFego: @Seun, can those that participated in the first round and won still take part in this?
Yes. We will start the new ad run at the end of the current one.
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 27, 2013
Ok

1 Like

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Blackgold09(f): 9:55am On Mar 27, 2013
I hear

1 Like

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by akatonero(m): 9:56am On Mar 27, 2013
Ok ooooooooh grin grin grin grin
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by ifyfaith: 10:00am On Mar 27, 2013
ok
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by greenmouse(m): 10:08am On Mar 27, 2013
Nice one, I wont miss out on this one

1 Like

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by MrUzo: 10:09am On Mar 27, 2013
REserved!! watch this space.. Any interested to rent?
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by sisqology(m): 10:15am On Mar 27, 2013
My question is: the people that won the last one, how many people have contacted them? how many contracts did they win?

3 Likes

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 27, 2013
what happened to the first one i didnt see any advert for webmaster on the header or footer
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by pholusac: 10:44am On Mar 27, 2013
noted
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by akynezzo: 11:06am On Mar 27, 2013

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by YoshiMaster: 11:15am On Mar 27, 2013
Mr President!

I mean Mr. Seun, why are you limiting the applicants to web designers only?

What about those of us that want to promote other businesses by running beautiful banners created with Photoshop.

I am trigger happy with Photoshop, and itching to pull the trigger on this ad campaign, so please open one for all sorts of businesses so that people like me can pull the trigger.

1 Like

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by MrNigeria2(m): 11:15am On Mar 27, 2013
Thanks for the opportunity.

Our home page : www.artspiremultimedia.com

Our Landing Page Page : www.artspiremultimedia.com/WeDesign-Packages

The Submitted Entry below

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by ZinoFego: 11:45am On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Decryptor(m): 11:53am On Mar 27, 2013
sisqology: My question is: the people that won the last one, how many people have contacted them? how many contracts did they win?
VERY GOOD QUESTION! I hate jumping into a "band-wagon" just because an umpire has blown the whistle. It's not how far but how WELL!
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Decryptor(m): 11:57am On Mar 27, 2013
Decryptor: VERY GOOD QUESTION! I hate jumping into a "band-wagon" just because an umpire has blown the whistle. It's not how far but how WELL!
I won't be surprised if that quote becomes hidden and i'm given a ban by **** for "Derailing the thread and constituting nuisance on the NL forum" just like i was in the Investments section for speaking my mind! undecided
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by badesco(m): 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
great idea with hidden agenda.

1 Like

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by bolargeez(m): 12:20pm On Mar 27, 2013

1 Like

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Seun(m): 12:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
sisqology: My question is: the people that won the last one, how many people have contacted them? how many contracts did they win?
You can call them to ask them. You can check their responses when I asked the same question here: [url]nairaland.com/1230614/6#14918631[/url]
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Seun(m): 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
cyclops4real: what happened to the first one i didnt see any advert for webmaster on the header or footer
There is an ad for web designers that is shown on every page on Nairaland if you're using a PC. That ad is on a slot worth 79,000 naira a week. When you click it, you will find yourself on this page: www.nairaland.com/webdesigners with all the web design ads, and hopefully you'll check out a couple of them before hitting the back button.
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by Seun(m): 12:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
bolargeez: www.zealetmultimedia.com
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1040078_Nairaland_Zealet_Banner_Edit_png25585715841572da536df48276b0bd56
Your ad is designed as if the most important thing on it is your logo and the name of your company, which is not true. I think the most important thing is actually a statement of what makes your firm different from and better than other web design firms. Ridiculously low prices? Fast turnaround? Fantastic after-sales services and support? Do you specialize in the design of a particular type of website? Do you have a testimonial from a particularly notable customer? Your ad will be on the same page as 10 to 20 other ads, so you will need to differentiate your firm from the rest of the pack to attract the type of customers that you are best equipped to serve. And you will need to emphasise that difference in your ad. This advice should help other web designers as well. Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by bolargeez(m): 12:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
Seun:
Your ad is designed as if the most important thing on it is your logo and the name of your company, which is not true. I think the most important thing is actually a statement of what makes your firm different from and better than other web design firms. Ridiculously low prices? Fast turnaround? Fantastic after-sales services and support? Do you specialize in the design of a particular type of website? Do you have a testimonial from a particularly notable customer? Your ad will be on the same page as 10 to 20 other ads, so you will need to differentiate your firm from the rest to of the pack to attract the type of customers that you are best equipped to serve. And you will need to emphasise that difference in your ad. This advice should help other web designers as well. Good luck!

Thanks. It's just most designers are too busy or focused on the creative side rather on the business aspect of their jobs. Learn from this folks.
Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by MyICThub: 1:08pm On Mar 27, 2013

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by romeolash: 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2013
SUBMITTED
Thanks for giving us chance bro
Thanks
below is my landing page
http://www.nairaoffer.com/jobs/advertising/design-you-4-page-website/

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by GoldPencil: 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
Here's mine, Im ready to receive the trophy smileyhttp://goldpenciluk.wix.com/trial

Re: Free Ad Promo For Web Designers On Nairaland: Round 2 by j4sure(m): 1:16pm On Mar 27, 2013
Reserve a place am abt to submit thanks mr Nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chicken Core: The Rise Of Kings - Nigeria's 1st Animated Short Film / I am TeddyArt. Check out my Toon Gallery. ( Photos) / Ikebe Super Or Lolly Magazine's Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.