Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder (1050 Views)

Which Would You Buy And Why ? 4runner Or Nissan Pathfinder / Please Help My Tokunbo Corolla Has Transmission Problems / How Reliable Is Nissan Pathfinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder by katsim(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
I JUST BOUGHT A TOKUNBO NISSAN PATHFINDER 2002,AND MY REWIRE ADVICE ME TO BUY ADDITIONAL FAN TO ADD TO THE ONE THAT CAME WITH IT.PLS I WANT TO KNOW IF ITS ADVICEABLE.THANKS
URGENT PLS
Re: Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder by cretin: 9:39am On Mar 28, 2013
nope... whats wrong with the original fan?
Re: Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:46am On Mar 28, 2013
katsim: I JUST BOUGHT A TOKUNBO NISSAN PATHFINDER 2002,AND MY REWIRE ADVICE ME TO BUY ADDITIONAL FAN TO ADD TO THE ONE THAT CAME WITH IT.PLS I WANT TO KNOW IF ITS ADVICEABLE.THANKS
URGENT PLS

you dont need one

do you think the manufacturer knows less than the rewire ?

the only time you think of putting a extra fan and radiator is when you add a turbo or supercharger

the only things that are changed on a car when it goes to different country of different climate is oil, tyres and headlights based whether you drive on the left or right side

the rest the car will be fine
Re: Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder by youngchopper(m): 1:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
Pls can u invite the rewire for a drink so u can poison him to death. His a basterd tell em i said so. I will be sorry for u if u keep hanging out with such clowns. What da Bleep took u to a mechanic self? Shebi u just bought this car? Funny enough there aint no space for a fan on in that tight engine bay

2 Likes

Re: Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder by Marpol: 10:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
youngchopper: Pls can u invite the rewire for a drink so u can poison him to death. His a basterd tell em i said so. I will be sorry for u if u keep hanging out with such clowns. What da Bleep took u to a mechanic self? Shebi u just bought this car? Funny enough there aint no space for a fan on in that tight engine bay

Bros you dey provoke! Seems like Naija mechs don show you.
Re: Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder by katsim(m): 8:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
thankz guys
Re: Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder by Godson201333(m): 1:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
To me yes,Its for your own good,The traffic in Lagos is bad and your fan might not be enough to handle your radiator heat,I currently just got a c class benz and i was told thesametime,I listen to some novince and stupid people until i destroyed my radiator.The extra fan cost just 2000 naira,Its cools the engine and give you confidence when stuck in traffic.Just borrowing you my one cent.Once your car over heats,you destroy radiator and gasket then your wahala begins oo...
Re: Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 15, 2013
Godson201333: To me yes,Its for your own good,The traffic in Lagos is bad and your fan might not be enough to handle your radiator heat,I currently just got a c class benz and i was told thesametime,I listen to some novince and stupid people until i destroyed my radiator.The extra fan cost just 2000 naira,Its cools the engine and give you confidence when stuck in traffic.Just borrowing you my one cent.Once your car over heats,you destroy radiator and gasket then your wahala begins oo...

A healthy engine can idle for 5 days continuosly without overheating, as long as you feed it fuel, it will continue to run. One reading comments here would be forgiven for thinking Nigerian traffic conditions are worse than anywhere else in the world.

Automobile are built with the most strenous operating conditions - heat, steep gradients, towing load, high speed etc all taken into account. Automobile in the West are used more for towing trailers and caravans, in the heat, and up steep mountain passes, which would put greater demands on the cooling system. Automobile in Nigeria are not used for regular towing, so your analogy's just gone out of the window.

Your radiator issues were nothing to do with the inability of the standard fan to cope, unless the viscous coupling had failed. If this was the case, then all you had to do was replace it. Adding an extra fan only disguises other inherent issues.

Those that adviced you to leave your Mercedes-Benz the way it was built in Stuttgart are stupid? The manufacturers themselves are stupid too, for daring to build MB for use in Nigeria without extra cooling fan.
Re: Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder by RipVanWink: 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
i learnt lead in petrol causes brain damage.......i learnt some importers still being in leaded fuel into the country........with the nos of gen sets,tricycles,bikes,cars all emiting the poisionous substances into the nigerian atmosphere...am beginning to believe the brain damage theory of most nigerians as being evidenced by the most idiotic reasoning n cluelessness..i hv ever seen in a race of beings..

from removing thermostat to pouring engine oil into gear box, and using atf/engine oil as power steering fluid....the list is endless!.......arrrrrrgggghhhh.!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder by katsim(m): 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2013
PLS guys how do i use my auxilary gear.
Re: Pls Do Need To Add Anadditional Fan For My Tokunbo Pathfinder by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2013
katsim: PLS guys how do i use my auxilary gear.

Bro, no disrespect intended...but have you read your Owner's Manual?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Car Battery Terminals Cleaned With Carbonated Soft Drink / Disadvantages Of Automatic Trasnmision Cars / Why Are Some Car Dealers This Wicked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.