Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! (1287 Views)

Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. / The Fatoyinbo Dilemma, Your Thoughts..... / iPod, iPad & iPaid - Parents Your Thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by BabaOyo(m): 10:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
News just coming in from the Osun State Broadcasting Corporation(OSBC) Osogbo, reports that the son of the late political icon Obafemi Awolowo and the present editor in chief of Tribune Newspapers is dead!!!!
He died in a London hospital this evening!!!!
He is survived by a wife...children, grandchildren & an aged mother...Chief Mrs H.I.D Awolowo.
May his soul rest in peace! Amen!!!
Now my thoughts are.....is it a crime to pray to live to a ripe old age? Is it a punishment for sins catching up? This is the second son this woman will be loosing in her lifetime!!!
If u live long enough & all u have to show is watching ur kids die (at old age too) is that a blessing or a cause?
What do u think?
May God rest his soul & comfort the Mother. Amen!
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
Baba na politics this kain story belong na?

May his soul rest in peace. So HID still dey? shocked Lord I seek that kain life oh!
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by BabaOyo(m): 10:41pm On Mar 27, 2013
jidegirl12: Baba na politics this kain story belong na?

May his soul rest in peace. So HID still dey? shocked Lord I seek that kain life oh!
Seems my fingers are continually glued on family section.
A very sad reward for living to a ripe old age I will say!!!
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by slimyem: 11:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
No one has control over life or death and no one can truly explain or understand reasons why things like this happen except HE who gives and takes or so they say.

Be careful what you wish forundecided

I know of a great-grandmother.Most of her kids are dead and the ones that are living are praying for her death as she has become a burden to everyone.Wees and poops on herself,can't walk,can't do anything for herself,only eats and sleep,doesn't know/remembers her children's name or who the are,doesn't know whether it morning,afternoon or night.undecided

Even though,it feels like a blessing to age and live long,cases like this woman and Mama HID's would make one not want to wish for it.No mother would want/pray to outlive her childrenundecided
May the Lord comfort her.
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by RoyalRoy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
slimyem:

I know of a great-grandmother.Most of her kids are dead and the ones that are living are praying for her death as she has become a burden to everyone.Wees and poops on herself,can't walk,can't do anything for herself,only eats and sleep,doesn't know/remembers her children's name or who the are,doesn't know whether it morning,afternoon or night.undecided

Even though,it feels like a blessing to age and live long,cases like this woman and Mama HID's would make one not want to wish for it.No mother would want/pray to outlive her childrenundecided
May the Lord comfort her.
Slimyem I hope u are not talking of my grandmother here? Lollz.
She was actually praying for death every morning just for the fear of having to watcvh her kids die!! She later became a liability unto everyone! We did our best till she passed on peacefully.
I guess I will dare to pray like my grandpa did that if it comes to People having to take him to the toilet or wearing his clothes for him, then God should take him away. Age is a blessing but in this scenario....hmmm....I can't call it a cause!!!
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by RoyalRoy(m): 11:33pm On Mar 27, 2013

I believe you made a typographical error here!!!
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:34pm On Mar 27, 2013
Sadonic. He still has a mother. God be with the Awolowo family
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by babymama3: 11:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
My heart goes out to this woman that has to bury yet another child

May we never bury our children ,Amen
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by BabaOyo(m): 11:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
baby_mama: My heart goes out to this woman that has to bury yet another child

May we never bury our children ,Amen
Amen oooo....baby_mama!
And she can't kill herself !!! Just so sad and really touching!! Not an experience I would wish even my enemy!
Olorun nikan lo ye!
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by slimyem: 12:06am On Mar 28, 2013
Royal Roy:
Slimyem I hope u are not talking of my grandmother here? Lollz.
She was actually praying for death every morning just for the fear of having to watcvh her kids die!! She later became a liability unto everyone! We did our best till she passed on peacefully.
I guess I will dare to pray like my grandpa did that if it comes to People having to take him to the toilet or wearing his clothes for him, then God should take him away. Age is a blessing but in this scenario....hmmm....I can't call it a cause!!!
lol.It can't be your grandma o as the one I'm talking about has lost most of her sanity talk less of knowing to pray for anything(no pun intended).
Thing is..i have seen a few elderly pray the same prayer your grandpa prays-that they don't live to the point of senility and a burden to their childrenundecided
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by Nobody: 1:05am On Mar 28, 2013
Leave the thread here, before tribalists ruin it in the politics section.

Anyway, he tried. He lived up to 70, right? Although it would be painful to the family.
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by jeffizy(m): 3:47am On Mar 28, 2013
Best is not to inform the mum.
H.I.D: Oluwole nko?
family: won lo eko.
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by greatgod2012(f): 4:57am On Mar 28, 2013
jeffizy: Best is not to inform the mum.
H.I.D: Oluwole nko?
family: won lo eko.

i know an elderly man whom they did this to, for over 14 years that this old man's son died, its one lie after the other till the old man finally kicked the bucket.

@post, some old age get as e be, i dont want to sound offensive or inhuman but im always an advocate of "ka ku lomode ko yeni, o san ju ka dagba ka ma ladiye irana"

may the dead rest in peace and may God comfort the family, especially the mama.
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by greatgod2012(f): 5:00am On Mar 28, 2013
@ jidegirl, "ela loro"

my sister, always be specific with your requests.
May God grant you and all of us the desires of our heart..... Amen.
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by Nobody: 5:14am On Mar 28, 2013
greatgod2012: @ jidegirl, "ela loro"

my sister, always be specific with your requests.
May God grant you and all of us the desires of our heart..... Amen.

I guess so sis esp with earlier responses to my post, I've learnt my lesson now to be specific. But truth be told, Mama HID lived a fulfilled life ( besides her kids dying right before her eyes) didn't she? Na wa oh embarassed

**clears throat** Lord grant me a fulfilled life oh, not too long nor too short but enough for me ( and my hubby) to enjoy your grace ( pleasing quality of life) and the fruit of our overall drudgery labour . Amen oh ** maybe 100 or 90 or **sighs** enough sha grin
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by slimyem: 8:41am On Mar 28, 2013
greatgod2012:

i know an elderly man whom they did this to, for over 14 years that this old man's son died, its one lie after the other till the old man finally kicked the bucket.

@post, some old age get as e be, i dont want to sound offensive or inhuman but im always an advocate of "ka ku lomode ko yeni, o san ju ka dagba ka ma ladiye irana"

may the dead rest in peace and may God comfort the family, especially the mama.
The word!smileycool
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by maclatunji: 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2013

Thank you.
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by Tgirl4real(f): 1:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
maclatunji:

Thank you.

I will leave it here. I'm sure there are more than 10 threads on it already at politics section. I don't wanna add more burden to d moderator's work. Lol
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by maclatunji: 2:32pm On Mar 28, 2013
Tgirl4real:

I will leave it here. I'm sure there are more than 10 threads on it already at politics section. I don't wanna add more burden to d moderator's work. Lol

Ok, but it is a little bit irritating to come to this section to avoid certain kind of topics and still find them here. If the thread is about your personality, abeg put it general section. If it is about your lover not your spouse, put it in romance and so on.
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by Tgirl4real(f): 2:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
maclatunji:

Ok, but it is a little bit irritating to come to this section to avoid certain kind of topics and still find them here. If the thread is about your personality, abeg put it general section. If it is about your lover not your spouse, put it in romance and so on.

Lol.

It can be pretty annoying. I really don't blame some users cos dey really don't know how to find their way around and there's no 'Help Desk' on NL.
Re: Oluwole Awolowo's Death....your thoughts!! by babymama3: 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2013
What did he do prior to his death

(1) (Reply)

Dilemma-- What Should The Man Do? / My Wife Slept With, Had A Child For My Older Brother’s Son. / 8 Husbands Reveal What Makes A Marriage Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.