Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Why Do Muslims Pray In The Language They Don't Understand? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Pray In The Language They Don't Understand? (693 Views)

Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? / Why Muslims Pray In Arabic? / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslims Pray In The Language They Don't Understand? by valdubem(m): 6:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
Recently, a friend of mine (a muslim) was asked to say an opening prayer during our Association's meeting, he prayed (in arabic I guess); after the meeting, I asked him to translate his prayers for me in English and to my greatest surprise he said 'He could not' as He dosent even know the meanings of his prayer; I crammed the 'lyrics, He said.

To all the muslims in the house, Do you understand the meanings of your prayers that are said in Arabic? OR Are you also like my friend?
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray In The Language They Don't Understand? by Afam4eva(m): 6:39pm On Mar 28, 2013
lol grin@cramming prayer

This is what happens when a religion imposes both language and culture on everyone. So, if you want to be a member of that religion, you must learn the language or at least cram it and also follow the culture of the people that came up with the religion.
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray In The Language They Don't Understand? by valdubem(m): 6:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam, are U a hinduist?
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray In The Language They Don't Understand? by Afam4eva(m): 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2013
val_dubem: Afam, are U a hinduist?
No, i'm not.
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray In The Language They Don't Understand? by valdubem(m): 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
No, i'm not.

Ok!
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray In The Language They Don't Understand? by Chokolee(m): 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2013
I really think you need to cram it, cos you dont have a choice..Having said that, it is adviced that you know what ever you say, whatever you cram, and whatever you put in you assimilate...*Off topic* I still remember sometime ago, when my friend which is another tribe told me to say something and he began to laugh...actually, i said it..before he told me that, he said my head was big..*In resume* make sure you know whatever your speak..
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray In The Language They Don't Understand? by outrage: 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2013
You friend speaks for himself. I am pretty sure he recited suratul fathia, and a muslim that doesn't know the meaning to or translation of that chapter needs to brace up.

I wouldn't lie and say I know everything, but I did not cram neither are they lyrics.. I am really disappointed in that your friend for his choice of words.
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray In The Language They Don't Understand? by valdubem(m): 7:55pm On Mar 28, 2013
outrage: You friend speaks for himself. I am pretty sure he recited suratul fathia, and a muslim that doesn't know the meaning to or translation of that chapter needs to brace up.

I wouldn't lie and say I know everything, but I did not cram neither are they lyrics.. I am really disappointed in that your friend for his choice of words.

He sure needs to brace up

(1) (Reply)

5pillar Games / Question And Answer Time. / Dajjjal: What Do You Know About Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.