Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Jewels Of Africa - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jewels Of Africa (46187 Views)

Church Of England Issues Formal Apology Over Betrayal Of Africa's First Bishop / Jewels Of Lucifer- A Play By A Nairaland Boy, Cosmos Nuel AKA Emyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewels Of Africa by ortopazz(m): 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: it does exist, got banned for my foreign language lol...but you wouldn't dare
on Nairaland hmmm. ! . . . . Thaz strange.. Might be mandiba did sumfin wrng to em! Jus saying
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
Ortopazz have mercy on me sad sad let me see if I can put two and three together, maybe I will update tonight but don't hold it against me.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵✽̤̈CHAPTER 4✽̤̈·̵·̵̭̌«̶⌣

So baby don’t worry, you are my only,
You won’t be lonely, even if the sky is falling down,
You’ll be my only, no need to worry,
Baby are you down, down, down, down, down,
Down, Down,
Baby are you down, down, down, down, down,
Down, Down,
Even if the sky is falling down,

Malaika sang as she danced her butt off at the hallway in front of a long mirror. She had been walking on the ramp wearing Efe's skimpy shorts and skirts, with heels and her Masaai attire to accentuate her look.

Who said Masaai women were not stylish? she said laughing at herself. She never felt so hyper for quiet a long time in her life. It was a day for celebration to her, just a week after the abortion, finding out about Femi and making peace with her mother. All the above needed a standing ovation, a round of an applause and maybe a glass of champagne to go with her mood.

The road below was congested with heavy weekend traffic, cars honking every two seconds, people impatient to get home, how lucky was she? She only wished the honking would stop so she turned up the volume and put Jay Sean ft Lil Wayne's 'DOWN' on repeat as she walked, danced, jumped and laughed at herself. Females had the habit of doing crazy things when they were all alone in the house, like experimenting on different types of eye shadows, lipsticks or try some nasty dance moves that they would never be caught doing in public.

A girl's best friend is always a mirror.

The so called ramp was a small passage from her bedroom, a bathroom door, toilet door and the kitchen door on the left of the wall. The lounge door and the other bedroom on the right side of the wall, which let straight to the main door. She would walk from her bedroom, turn at the kitchen door and head back to her bedroom for a change of clothes or accessories, with a halt at the mirror to check herself out. Malaika swinged around to the blaring music from the television too lost in her own thoughts that she did not realize that she was no longer alone in the house.

She saw Femi's reflection in the mirror, she was too petrified with fear that she couldn't even turn around to look at him. She winced, she thought she had seen the last of his cute face on Sunday, why couldn't he stay with his fat girlfriend? Not that Ntando was fat but compared to Malaika who wore size eight, size thirty eight seemed a little bit 'big' to her.

Femi knew how to let himself in, somehow Malaika thought she would never see Femi at her flat, that's why she never bothered to lock the door, other people had the decency of knocking not that she had any visitors at all. The people who called at their flat would ask for permission before coming through.

The girls were used to locking only the bugler door, leaving the key on the window seal near the door, where it was reachable for a person outside. So if someone wanted to come in, all they had to do was open the main door, take the key from the window seal and unlock the bugler.

The way Femi was starring at her made her feel like she was nude, his hostile stare sending chills down her spine. Then it struck her like a flash of the lightening in the thunderstorm; Femi was there for one thing only; his Gate tag. She didn't even know where the tag was, she last saw it when she tossed it to Mike on Saturday morning.

When she turned after debating if she should, Femi's frown had disappeared, his facial expression reminded her of the first night she had spend with him, how he had smiled at her, how he had told her how much he loved her, over and over. The way he had described his younger sister to Malaika.

“Please tell me about your younger sister.” Malaika had asked Femi who had hesitated but gave in because he said she had asked him nicely.

“My sister has the aura of a bitch in her.” He had replied her, she had raised her eyebrows at the mentioning of the word "bitch."

“Hmmm,” She sighed and continued, “Could you please elaborate how you came to a conclusion that your sister is a bitch?” She had asked curiously. Femi had kissed her forehead which woke the butterflies in her tummy. She had smiled and snuggled closer to him, inhaling the scent of his cologne. He had pulled her closer with her head on his chest, the sound of his voice vibrating as he spoke made her want him inside her more.

“Ok my sister is; aggressive, assertive, domineering, overbearing, strong-minded, spiteful, hostile, direct, blunt, candid, obnoxious, thick-skinned, hard-headed, vicious, dogmatic, competent, competitive, pushy, loud-mouthed, independent, stubborn, demanding, manipulative, egoistic, driven, achieving, overwhelming, threatening, scary, ambitious, tough, brassy, masculine, boisterous and turbulent.” He had said, planting another kiss on her forehead. “Do I have any of those?” Malaika had asked raising her head to look at him, eye-ball to eye-ball. He had cackled, “Few of them, but you should know one thing; a bitch takes crap from anyone. But you don't have that, you let me be the man here right?” They both laughed at his last statement. “Yea right.” She had said trying to catch her breath as Femi was already turning her on.

Only if things were different, if he didn't walk out of her life, only if he hadn't.....snap out of it Malaika, he is not worth it! She hissed at herself. And the song playing was making matters worse, she wished then that if she could be in different places at once she would switch off the thing and run as fast as she could, maybe to the Sahara desert and bury herself in the sand until Christ comes, that's if he would come. She wasn't so ready for rupture, she had so many things to do, only if Femi would disappear or maybe get hit by a car and die immediately at the scene.

Malaika was frightened, doubtful but she managed to crush the confidence of the brash young man next to her by her disdainful look. A smile forming on her lips, Femi looked a bit shocked and rattled. She was proud of few things, and one was that she could look straight into Femi's eyes, eye ball to eye ball, thanks to Ife's stilettos.

“I knocked...no answer, so I let...myself in.” Femi stammered, he was surprised at himself, he only stammered when he wasn't sure of himself. Malaika said nothing, still starring at him, arms akimbo. “Hmmm, I came for my tag? ...I believe you have it.” He swallow hard, moving backwards, creating space between them, he couldn't help but stare at Malaika's long beautiful legs, her alluring thighs, the girl looked hotter than molten magma.

Malaika roared with laughter, was this the Femi she knew? Well maybe she really knew nothing about the guy. She strutted her stuff once more, feeling on top of the game and way too sexy too, brushing past Femi.

“I don't know where your tag is.” She said taking off her shoes. She felt guilty for the tag but she was in no mood to talk to Mike or any of his family members. Mike was in the previous chapter she had just closed in her life and so was the stupid mofi standing in front of her. Femi's face flushed, he stopped lingering at her, jaw clenched and turned an angry eye to her.

“What do you mean you don't know?”
Malaika let out a long mtchewww and folded her arms, what did this boy want again? Femi; Insane with fury, he clenched his fists, trudging to Malaika. “Don't insult my intelligence Malaika, I need that tag.”

Malaika pointed the pencil shaped part of her shoe to Femi.“And I have just told you, I don't know where it is!” She hissed. Femi was coming way too close for her liking, she was losing the battle, Femi would win again.

Get your act together, he is just barking. she calmed her nerves, if Femi saw any sign of fear he would take the opportunity and intimidate her. It was about time she reclaimed her dignity, her self respect and to teach Femi one or two lessons about her type.

“I didn't deny using it, or taking it. What I meant was; I don't know where it is.” She said, almost screaming. Femi's gaze was fixed past her, towards the door. What was he looking at? He sure had turned green, a little bit disgusted too. If he was pulling some kind of a trick he would lose, because she wouldn't dare turn.

“Femi!” She hissed, but he seemed like he wasn't listening to her, or maybe he didn't even hear her because of the ear tearing music coming from the lounge.

The intruder didn't wait to be asked who he was; “Angie, what's going on here?” He drawled. Malaika's face relaxed, it was Mike the 'loser,' no need to rearrange Femi's face with Ife's shoes anymore. Mike knew where Femi's tag was, she bet her life on it.

“Hi Mike, Femi came for his tag.” She said turning her back on Femi and faced Mike, he looked terrible. Like he had been crying, did men cry? She moved from blocking the way. Both guys seemed to have taken note of the other.

Malaika knew very well that the tag conversation would not just be a hand-me-whats-mine, show. She knew that Mike had some scores to settle with Femi, she just prayed that Mike was not armed.

“Wow Malaika that was quick.” Femi chuckled to himself, he was making his way out when Mike blocked his way.

“So this is the cold bloodied scoundrel?” Mike seethed still blocking Femi's way. “Word has it you panel beat girls.” The guys faces were an inch apart, both jaws clenched.

Femi's voice was calm; “Cold bloodied? Dude I am human.”
Mike shook his head, “No your not human, no sane man would lie to a girl only because he wants to get laid.”

“I don't remember lying to any girl.”

“How will you remember? How?”

Femi was silent, seemed like he wanted to defend himself but words failed him. Mike grinned and let out a sarcastic laugh. Malaika froze where she was, the show was turning ugly or was it not?

“You have my tag I believe?” Femi asked.

“It depends,”

Femi's face brighten up, he sighed, looking a little bit relieved.

“I might have thrown it out of the window,”

A pause.

“I had my car cleaned,” Mike continued “I took it to the car wash in Pretoria North and the guys might have thrown it away, I can't remember.” Mike held Femi's gaze, he looked confident, he was still in his work uniform, Malaika saw what seemed like a handle of a gun tugged on the side of Mike's trousers. God please intervene.

“So your trying to say you threw my tag away?” Femi hissed.

“Yes.” Mike said very calm. Femi stepped back leaning on the wall for support stunned.

Malaika gasped, Mike and Femi glared at her, they had forgotten she was still around. “Mike are you for real?”

“Yes Malaika.”

Femi and Malaika stared at each other with the same wide-eyed incredulity.

Mike didn't know what had hit him, because Femi was on top of him. Femi and Mike were six feet tall. Femi was delirious, and out of control, adrenaline surging, and too wild, punching at an overwhelming rush. Malaika watched horrified, she screamed,“Femi! Stop your choking him, please stop!” She realized that she had underestimated Femi, he looked like he didn't hear her, maybe it was the music. She couldn't hear herself anymore.

Fear nipped, she wanted to run for her phone but who would she call? Wanted to go and asked for help but her floor was still empty as most of its occupants were students and they were still home for the holidays. While she was still debating with herself she realized that tables had turned and Mike was on top of Femi. A sick feeling ran through her, she cursed herself for wanting Femi dead a couple of minutes ago.

In a nick of time Mike was pointing his gun at Femi. Mike was used to killing, killing Femi in cold blood would be like killing a mouse on a trap. Malaika also knew that Mike would walk free, if Femi died, it would be one of the 'self defense act,' and the case might be thrown out of court due to lack of evidence. She was too young to play 'witness,' God forbid. But how would she live with herself knowing that someone died in her flat? She had more three years to live in South Africa, what would become of her?

“Your a coward.” Femi drawled spatting blood on the floor, staggering back on his feet. “Why don't you fight like a man? Put that gun away?” How Malaika wished Femi would shut his trap! She looked at Mike and then at Femi,she saw the spite, hatred and fear on their faces. She couldn't understand why they were hating so much on each other, because she had cut ties with both of them.

Mike spoke, his face showed no emotion; “I want to blow you up, do you know how Judas insights came out when he fell from the tree? I want yours to come out like that.”

Femi spat blood again on the floor disgusted. Malaika knelt between the guys. “Mike, Femi, please. Can we all sit down and talk?” Her voice was faltering. “This isn't your fight!” Mike and Femi roared at her at the same time. She couldn't help the tears from streaming down her face, just minutes ago she was having the time of her life and then, she was about to witness a first degree murder! She needed to stop the madness. “Mike if you want to shoot Femi, please take it outside.” She begged through tears, Femi had trudged to her while she was talking to Mike, he was pulling her by the collar of her tank top. “I am not dying alone!” Femi shouted, pulling Malaika closer to him. She didn't even struggle, she was tired, she wished Mike would shoot them and get it over with.

Mike smiled, the devil-may-care-smile he had on when he had pulled Malaika by the hand. Malaika knew it was her end, she said a short prayed and waited....Mike pulled back the hammer and fired, He knew his target even when he wasn't looking at it...he fired the second time.

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa by An0nimus: 12:42am On Jun 24, 2013
Femi's dead?
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:59am On Jun 24, 2013
An0nimus: Femi's dead?
*shrugs* I don not know
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 24, 2013
Dont tell me he shot malaika
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2013
Damex333: Dont tell me he shot malaika
that I don not know either sad
Re: Jewels Of Africa by ortopazz(m): 1:22am On Jun 25, 2013
do you knw u just shot my pulse! Abeg make the worst no happen, no one shud die in my books, God please touch her(thz South African babe) o!

1 Like

Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:49am On Jun 25, 2013
ortopazz: do you knw u just shot my pulse! Abeg make the worst no happen, no one shud die in my books, God please touch her(thz South African babe) o!
grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Eneze1(f): 10:52am On Jun 26, 2013
HBG pls don't tell me Mike shot Malaika, nothing must happen to that girl oo, am really hoping that she gets herself together against Femi and gets someone better
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 26, 2013
Eneze1: HBG pls don't tell me Mike shot Malaika, nothing must happen to that girl oo, am really hoping that she gets herself together against Femi and gets someone better
yeah, someone better just like me.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Eneze1(f): 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
Damex333: yeah, someone better just like me.

u kee smiley, you are on your own
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:39am On Jun 27, 2013
Hello, m sorry about my last update, it was a little bit rushed and not thorough, I kinda polished it here and there.

Once again my apologies. smiley
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Eneze1(f): 10:10am On Jun 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Hello, m sorry about my last update, it was a little bit rushed and not thorough, I kinda polished it here and there.

Once again my apologies. smiley

noticed that, you always welcome anyway
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
Eneze1:

u kee smiley, you are on your own
i know u have a crush on me, dont worry, just give me ur address, i will bring yam and honey and other tinz.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Eneze1(f): 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
Damex333: i know u have a crush on me, dont worry, just give me ur address, i will bring yam and honey and other tinz.

crush my foot tongue, do I even know you?
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
Eneze1:

crush my foot tongue, do I even know you?
just seeing my moniker gives you goose pimples.tongue smiley
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Eneze1(f): 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
Damex333: just seeing my moniker gives you goose pimples.tongue smiley

hahahahaha OMG u r impossible cheesy
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2013
Eneze1:

hahahahaha OMG u r impossible cheesy
isn't dat anoda name 4 sum1 u can't do without?
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
Eneze1:

noticed that, you always welcome anyway
thanks
Re: Jewels Of Africa by princesa(f): 11:17am On Jun 29, 2013
so who was shot
Re: Jewels Of Africa by goldwaters(f): 11:42am On Jun 29, 2013
princesa: so who was shot
Haba princesa, is this d rest u shld be resting to recover?
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 29, 2013
goldwaters:
Haba princesa, is this d rest u shld be resting to recover?
haba goldwaters, av u gone 2 re thread at all?or is she expected 2 be sleeping all day?
Re: Jewels Of Africa by goldwaters(f): 1:11pm On Jun 29, 2013
Lol Damex let her rest d rest cos I've been seeing her all over looking for updates. I want her update too ooo. She just hung us there. grin wink
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2013
princesa: so who was shot
you tongue
Re: Jewels Of Africa by princesa(f): 6:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:
you tongue

hw come? when i wasn't even in the story that must be a plastic tongue smiley

@goldwaters and damex, i have other story am following na, so i got to read and clamour for update toowink
Re: Jewels Of Africa by ortopazz(m): 7:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
b4 I go forward, I just realized that u HBG, was actualy one of the founding babes of poetz cafe, what in Godz name happend?, i hope u report and make them dance to ur rhodesian lines, now back to the mata, i just hope nobody is dead.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by ortopazz(m): 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2013
and imagine the disappointment, No update, (shouts in anger) do u want to make my cry?
Re: Jewels Of Africa by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
ortopazz: what in Godz name happend? now back to the mata, i just hope nobody is dead.
who is nobody?, i hope its not malaika.
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:25pm On Jun 29, 2013
princesa:

hw come? when i wasn't even in the story that must be a plastic tongue smiley
was kidding, stillscratching my head and raking my hair for the next update. smiley
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
ortopazz: b4 I go forward, I just realized that u HBG, was actualy one of the founding babes of poetz cafe, what in Godz name happend?, i hope u report and make them dance to ur rhodesian lines, now back to the mata, i just hope nobody is dead.
me? Poetz cafe?
Re: Jewels Of Africa by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:39pm On Jun 29, 2013
ortopazz: and imagine the disappointment, No update, (shouts in anger) do u want to make my cry?
not today, your blackmailing me days are sooooo over.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail / Letter To My Friend Overseas / Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.