Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,790 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:26 PM

Help! Problem With Mouse Pointer. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! Problem With Mouse Pointer. (713 Views)

Windows 8 Black Screen With Mouse Pointer After Login / Please Help, I Got A Problem With My Internet Download Manager / Do You Use A Mouse With Your Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Problem With Mouse Pointer. by Nobody: 4:46am On Apr 01, 2008
I just converted my Vista to XP and I installed some softwares on it.

Basically, the problem here is that each time I drag the mouse pointer towards the Notification Area of the start menu (Right Side), it does not display informations until i click it,

Normally when you drag your mouse towards the battery meter or the date/time, it shows a little information just above the mouse pointer, mine has stopped showing that.

Could anyone explain a cause for this. I need solutions please.
Re: Help! Problem With Mouse Pointer. by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 01, 2008
go to folder options, and select enable popups.

alternatively

Re: Help! Problem With Mouse Pointer. by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 01, 2008
go to folder options, and select show popup description for folder and desktop items.

alternatively

left click my computer
select properties
select advanced from the tab
click the settings button under 'performance'
select the visual effects tab
select 'adjust for best appearance'

or just enable the items you like/prefer
click ok

Re: Help! Problem With Mouse Pointer. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 02, 2008
I tried both tricks mayne, but it still ain't working.

Funny thing is that immediately I put on my laptop an the pointer is on the nofitcation area, it flashes and then doesn't show anymore.
It might be a conflict anyway. Thanks for the suggestions though smiley
Re: Help! Problem With Mouse Pointer. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2008
maybe its the infamous windows tooltip bug.(tho it doesnt quite sound like it. . .)

try this:

i actually downloaded this 2 day its the ToolTipFixer 1.0.1

http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=10

just another try. . .

(1) (Reply)

Free Iphone Applications / Please Is There Any Utility That I Can Use To Convert An Ip Address To A Url. / Help How Do I Fight Virus And Reformat My System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.